One

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five hours have passed, fifteen minutes later, all workers will have their lunch break. The one thing I always excitedly waiting for. It’s because of this morning I didn’t get to drink all my morning coffee and no snacks either, my stomach was screaming for food after working for the first five hours of the day. And probably a full course lunch meal could handle myself for the next 8 hours—minus the short break that she could use for snacks. Ah, even thinking about it makes me nearly drools while collecting the papers on my table.

I need to get all the papers done on time since my boss is waiting inside his room. Pissing him off would be the last thing I want to happen.

Just then, one of my co-workers came to my desk. A guy. I kind of know where this is going.

"Solar-ssi, do you need a hand?"

Aish, just get to the point already. I know it too well that he's going to ask me to have lunch together.

"No, it's okay. I can handle this just fine. You're not going to go get your lunch, Eric-ssi?"

I glanced at him and caught him smiling nervously while scratching the back of his head.

Okay, get ready, Solar. Just give him the same reason while not looking so pathetic with your single-life.

He is Nam Yoon Do, but he prefers people calling him "Eric". There's nothing wrong with him, actually. Eric is a really nice guy and even if you only look at his face, you know he's not the type of person who would do something bad. He's just full of this 'nice guy' vibe. He's been showing his interest in me lately, it started last week when I noticed his real intention when he offered me a ride to my apartement and I think it's kind of cute but I just can't picture myself being next to him.

I will be honestly straightforward. I actually have this soft spot for girls, but not any girls. I have my own preferences and I think the reason why I'm still single up until now is not because I like girls, but because I'm very picky. I mentally sighed, I officially failed my own love life.

Now, back to Eric...

"Well, about that, I know that you always eat alone during lunch at that cafe across the road—"

Oh, alright. He knew. What am I suppose to say now?

"So, I was wondering if you would like to—"

He didn't get to finish what he's saying until an excited Wendy shouted, "Unnie!"

A smile creeps up my lips as I hear her voice. The girl is loud, but I'm used to it and all the workers here are used to her energetic character as well, so this is no more a surprise. I must admit that her presence sometimes could send me headache more than not, but at other times, it will boost my lazy self. 'Wendy' is just a friendly name, her real name is Son Seungwan. Anyway, I should thank this girl later for saving me from Eric's lunch invitation.

"Why are you looking so excited, Wendy-ssi?"

"Someone was looking for you in the lobby." She said with her smile.

Eric raised his eyebrow, I mirrored him at the same time. We exchanged knowing gazes for less than a second. We all know I don't usually have people waiting for me in the lobby. I don't have that many friends that would bother themselves to come to my office to see me. So this is really something.

I narrowed my eyes and asks, "Um, excuse me, but who's this someone?"

"How would I know?" Wendy shrugged. "I was going to ask you that, actually. So who is she? She looks really cool though."

"Oh, it's a girl?" That was Eric. He must've think that it was a guy.

"Yeah. Tall, blond-hair, really cool. I bet I'm not the only one thinking that."

I'm not sure what came over me when I told both Wendy and Eric that it was an old friend of mine. I said the girl must wanted to give me a surprise and despite my obvious nervous smile, Wendy and Eric actually buy it. And before any more question coming from them, I quickly excuse myself to check on this girl. It'll be real quick since I still need to finish those papers.

I'm in the elevator now and I couldn't stop wondering who the hell is looking for me in the lobby.

What if it's really m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter