Twenty Seven

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everything feels perfect.

The way she looks at me, the way I look at her.

The way she held me close like she always did through the whole night. How she smiles in her sleep. How she kisses me softly before falling into her slumber last night. How she whispers sweet nothings into my ear and make me blush for countless times. Her light snores and peaceful sleeping face. It felt so unreal, too unreal.

“This is real, Yong…” She mumbles while still having her eyes closed, pulling me closer to her and I blushes at the bare skin contact though I’m wearing her shirt from last night but I still wear nothing else underneath and Byulyi was basically only covered under the same thick blanket with me. “I’m starting to think I will need to remind you again and again in the future.” She opens her eyes and kisses me on my forehead.

I tilted my head up a little and steal a kiss on her lips before biting my lower lip shyly. “Good morning.” I told her though it is obviously in the afternoon. She grins at me, eyes turning into crescent moon shape.

She kisses my jaw in return, low-growl escaping her lips before she told me, “Morning to you too, babe.”

Her kisses, however, didn’t end there because she starts making trails of feathery kisses along my neck and stops around my shoulder and neck bone. At any other time, I may have let her have her way with me right here and now but I remember about our schedule today and seeing how high the sun is already up, I know we’re both woke up in the afternoon.

We were going to go shopping for our rings and I’m really excited for today.

Byulyi made a whiney noise when I created a gap between us, so I pecked her lips. “We can do this later. We need to go, remember?”

She sighed in defeat, shoulders slumped down and she nestled herself on my neck like a clingy koala. “Mmhm… but let me stay like this just a little longer. I swear I won’t do anything funny.” I hummed, agreeing with her request since I also want to stay a bit longer.

After five minutes into silence, I was getting used to hearing her breathing softly and how I can feel her heart beating. But too bad Byulyi seem to not share the same thing.

“Yong, can we talk about something? I’m getting sleepy again.” She mumbles while her hand closing in on mine slowly.

“Sure.” I changed my position so I can face her while laying on my side. Byulyi made another whiny noise at the lost contact but then smiles when I put my hand on her cheek, caressing it. “What do you wanna talk about?” I spoke with a little voice.

She hummed before smiling, “Since when did you start liking me?” I take it back, it's not a smile but a smirk.

It makes me wonder the exact time I start liking her…frankly, I think it was since the first time I saw her. I admit at first I was already crushing on her since our first meeting but to blatantly saying it Byulyi? Mm, maybe not. She'll brag about it, I'm sure–

“Oh, so since we met the first time?” Byulyi's voice asked and my eyes widen.

“What?” I pull my hand away from her cheek on reflex. “No–I haven't even said anything yet.”

Byulyi took my hand and put it back against her cheek, wordlessly telling to resume caressing her cheek because she likes it. I almost squeal at her small pout. “Technically, you didn't say anything but I know that you're thinking on how to not tell me the whole truth.”

“You know it’s getting a little creepy that you can know exactly what I’m thinking.” I narrow my eyes at her and all she’s doing was grin at me like an adorable hamster she is. “I will admit I had an immediate crush on you the second I saw you in the lobby—wait, maybe even before that,”

I noticed how Byulyi’s eyebrows raised and she looked a bit surprised, “Before that? You…saw me before?” Somehow her face looks a little terrified and it makes me think if it was a bad thing if I were to see her before our first meeting at my office building.

Besides, if I saw her before, I would’ve told her back then. So I shook my head at her. “No, I don’t think we’ve met before since as far as I remember that day was the first time we met. It’s just that…hearing your voice alone was already making me crush on you and I actually didn’t want to tell you this because gods, this still sounds so weird and embarrassing.” An annoyed sigh escaped my lips and Byulyi once again takes my hand in hers and kisses my palm twice before looking at me.

“First, we’ve actually met once before.”

Okay, what is this nonsense?

Is this the part where Byulyi will tell me that she’s been watching me? Because if that’s true, it is sweet but will also creep me out. “When?” My forehead creased in a frown.

“Do you remember that one rainy day—“

“There are so many rainy days—“ Byulyi put her index finger on my lips.

“Let me finish, okay?” A nod was enough to signal her to continue. “You bumped on someone on that rainy day, in front of the café, remember?”

Her face tells me she knows that I couldn’t remember.

To be completely honest, I don’t quite remember the whole scene but there was a tiny memory peaking at the small window into my mind. I remember the small part when I yelled at the person yet I couldn’t remember what I was yelling at nor I can remember the face— “Wait, it was you?” I let out a small gasp when she gave me a wink. “How unfair.”

Yes, how unfair.

How come she met me once and I can't even remember it? All I can recall from that bumping incident was how that person ran away right after I apologize and that was just rude.

“You ignored my apology.” I narrowed my eyes while Byulyi smiles sheepishly, as if looking like that will make me soften at her—pfft—who am I kidding, it is working. “Why did you run that time? I felt offended because you acted as if you just saw a ghost.” Plus, it wasn't entirely my fault because she was literally standing in the middle of the sidewalk, on a rainy day, and I was in a hurry because I don’t want to get myself drench.

Looking at Byulyi, she looks away for a bit before letting out a small chuckle. “It wasn’t like that at all.”

“Well I am giving you a chance to explain yourself now.”

“You’re really starting to sound like my mom–“ I don’t know where I find this courage to shut her up with a kiss on her lips but I mentally smiled seeing that it works really well on her. She's blushing too, I should add.

I snuggle closer (if that was even possible at this point) and noticing how Byulyi was still in a state of shock. So I told her, “Don’t distract the topic. Now tell me your reason.” Soon, I felt a light kiss on top of my head and a hand caressing my messy hair.

“I was taken aback by your beauty.”

Really, this living greaseball—

“Yah, can you not be–“ I was about to pinch her side for being greasy and possibly also try to avoid getting to the whole point of her explanation. But her reflex was always faster than me when she caught my hand and I look up at her, expecting to see her teasing smirk.

Unless there's no smirk. Only her serious face.

“I’m not trying to be greasy, Yongsun.” Suddenly, I was trying hard to remember how to breathe properly. “It’s the truth.”

And just by her tone, it was enough to convince me that she means it.

I know at this point I must be embarrassing myself with the blush across my cheeks because I feel the temperature rises and it gets hotter by the second. I honestly don't know what to say but I found myself asking, “Really…?”

Her hold o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter