Ten

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You wore the scarf." I said as I collected it from my couch.

"And you wore the bracelet."

I smiled knowingly, I knew she was going to use that line. She's been glancing at the bracelet since she finished her bath.

The scarf she wore earlier was my birthday gift for her, it's handmade and despite my time mostly consumed by works, I managed to spent almost a week making the scarf with the help of Wheein - yeah, she turned out to be quite talented in kneeding. I told Byulyi it was a handmade scarf so she need to be extra careful with it if she's going to wear it. It still look as good as when I finished kneeding it. I glanced at Byulyi who just took her spot on my couch, she pats the empty space next to her and I quickly found myself in one of her arm.

"It looks like you never wore it before. This still looks as good as new."

She the TV and casually reply me with "I prevent myself from wearing it too much."

"Why? You don't like it?" I must sounded annoyed, but the way she said it makes me feel she doesn't want to wear it because she don't really like the scarf and yes, I feel kind of offended with it since I made it with all my feelings for her and she even said to me she likes it when she first got it.

"I don't like it."

Well, ouch.

She had to say it with the most flat tone since she arrived here.

"I love it."

God, she needs to stop that and I need to control the blush on my face. I was going to hide my face from pure embarrassment but once I saw the smirk on her face, I quickly pushed myself off of her with a very annoyed look. I never hesitated myself to slap her arm almost violently but like she always do, she only laugh it off even when I know she slightly flinch at the painful contact. "Too greasy!" I yelled.

"But I was telling you the truth!" She yelled back.

She was now trying to avoid all the hit I threw at her. But the way she told me that she was telling the truth only makes me more embarrassed and I could only keep hitting her because I don't want her to see me being so flustered from her words. And then it all stop so suddenly when she caught my wrists, entirely stopping me from hurting her more. Our eyes met, her grip on my wrists are strong yet gentle, her eyes were locked into mine and sometimes I caught it wander to what I believe is my lips, I couldn't help myself too when I caught her slightly open mouth, I could hear her heartbeat or was it mine? I am not sure but I can hear it thumping so loud. I could practically feel my palms starting to sweat...

Why is she looking at me with such eyes?

It was as if she was trying to tell me something through those orbs of hers.

Ugh, why do I have a very low self-conscious when it comes to this?

I was expecting her to act greasy like she always do. I was waiting for her to tell me how I look beautiful and I will yell another "weird" at her, then everything will become as normal as it always been between us. That's what I expect because that's the best scenario to avoid any awkward atmosphere. But what she did next was something I never thought she would do.

Her eyes slowly soften and they were still locked into mine. "I miss you, Solar." She whispered softly.

"Y, yah..." I can't take another minute staring at her, it's getting serious by the minute and it scares me. "What's with you calling me with that name? It's always been 'Yongsun-unnie' all this time." I muttered while avoiding her eyes by staring at my television. I created a gap between us and was now laying my back against the couch, biting my lower lip as I wait for her to say something. "It's weird." I added.

It was weird because even after all those years I've gone through with or without her, I still can't get rid of these feelings I have. I've gone through dates, a lot of them but it never felt right, it felt more like a distraction and it was getting so tired avoiding the truth. The truth where it's always been Byulyi filling the empty space in my heart. So I let my feelings grow inside me like a parasite. Hurting me everytime my mind tells me to remember her. Hurting me everytime I realize I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter