Twenty Nine

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 We went back to my place.

And I still think about whether or not I should let Byulyi hang out with Heeyeon. Byulyi was oblivious though, she doesn’t look like she notices anything odd and I’m glad that she wasn’t really aware about me who is starting to overthink this.

I stopped biting my lower lip once I felt hands—and soon arms—wrapped around my middle, from behind me. Then I felt Byulyi resting her chin on my shoulder, her lips close to my ear and I can hear her breathing softly before letting out a satisfied sigh.

It brings up a smile on my face. She seemed so contented. “I can’t believe everything that happened today—no, actually, it was since that day you confessed and proposed out of nowhere.”

The smile turns into one big grin. “Yeah?”

“Mmhm,” She nodded a little. “I mean, my long-time crush confessed and proposed me. The next day we agreed to make it official. Then after that, we went to get our rings together—“ Byulyi kisses my cheek before continuing. “—and suddenly, we met my old best friend, Heeyeon.”

Of course she had to mention her—

“It felt like a never-ending blessing, Yong.” She whispered. “Thank you, babe. Thank you for being here. Thank you for staying with me. Thank you for trusting me.”

She sounded so genuinely happy and no, it didn’t sting in my heart but I felt so stupid. Like, really stupid for overthinking Heeyeon and Byulyi’s sudden meeting today.

It’s ridiculous.

Like, what the hell, Kim Yongsun?

There is actually nothing you should be worrying about. Heeyeon supported you and Byulyi together. She’s Byulyi’s old best friend—thanks to her, Byulyi didn’t spend her younger years being friendless. Byulyi’s family even feel grateful of her existence and willingness to stick around Byulyi. And now you’re worrying that she will come in her way to snatch Byulyi from you?

My god.

Since when did I become like this? Thinking so lowly like this… There is only so much trust one can give, especially with how early our ‘dating’ stage is.

“—Also, you'd probably think I'm being greasy but you gotta know that you're the best thing happened to me.” It earned Byulyi a nice slap on her hand that's still around my waist. But I was smiling and Byulyi knows I like the things she told me just now. “Really, being engaged to you feels like the best decision I've made this far. I love you so much, Kim Yongsun.”

Great.

This is just great.

Is she doing this on purpose? Does she know what I'm thinking? Probably. But hearing those words and how sincere she said them, melted my heart and while at the same time I feel guilty for not trusting her enough to let her spend time with her old best friend. C'mon, Yongsun, you can't be like this. It's too soon to have such suspicion, moreover towards Byulyi's best friend.

I couldn’t find it in me to talk back, instead I turned around and wrap my arms around her neck, burying my face on her shoulder. “I’m sorry.” I heard a faint ‘hn?’ from her and I know she was taken aback by the sudden apology out of nowhere.

Knowing Byulyi, she must be feeling a little panic thinking what I could possibly did wrong. “What’s wrong?” She asked, my back in a soothing way.

“Nothing, I just feel like I don’t deserve you.” She was about to pull back from the hug, but I held her in place. “No, don’t let go. I’m blushing so bad from what you said and I don’t want you to make fun of me.”

“But I love seeing you blush. Especially when it’s because of me.” She kisses the side of my head.

“Okay, stop now before you shower me with your grease.”

“Oh, c’mon.” Byulyi starting to pull just a tiny bit to move her head down towards my neck. “You love them, babe.” She whispered.

It sends shiver down my spine hearing her low tone that I find so y. It’s secretly my favorite, in case you don’t know already but I bet you know because yeah… Girls with their low tones are so hot.

“It must be tiring being you,” She kisses my neck softly. Lips still ghosting over my sensitive skin there. I try my best to not let her know that this is making me weak. “Always running around in my mind.”

I swear to god, that lame pick-up line supposed to be such a turn-off but why does it sound so sincere and hot coming from her? It’s almost annoying, really.

I managed to let out a groan when she started biting me lightly. “God, Byul, that was such an old-lame pick-up line—Ahh.” This is not good. It’s too hard to hold myself from .

All the touching she’s doing with her hands around my hips, teasing me by not letting it go under my top. Her lips that keep on planting kisses on my neck and occasionally biting and on my skin. The way she’s breathing and exhaling through —goddammit, this is too much.

“B, Byul-ah…” I voiced out weakly.

I feel her kissing my neck tenderly before engulfing me in a comfortable warm hug. She sighs, a relieved one. “You should realize by now only you make me feel this way, Yongsun… I figured you were a little anxious because you knew about my feelings for Heeyeon, years ago, but that was in the past.”

Absentmindedly, I bite my lower lip as I move closer into her embrace.

“Right now you’re my present,” She kisses the top of my head. “And soon, you’ll be my future.”

She pulls back, her hands cupping my face gently and her eyes searching mine as her lips stretching into one of my favorite smiles. She leans in to kiss me on the lips.

“Please do remember that I’m yours and only yours.”

And it was enough.

There’s still the guilt eating me up bit by bit but I have come to realize that what we have right now is what matters and Byulyi made sure I don’t need to worry about what happened in the past between her and her first love because she’s mine. I am her present and I will also be her future. It’s our endgame, no matter what.

I was never really that good with words, unlike her. So that night we end it with me showing her how much she meant for me, how much she’s worth every piece of love I had to offer, how much of me that I can give to her—everything.

The morning came with me being awake ahead of her.

It was one of those rare moments, honestly. But this time, I know exactly the reason why she’s still deep in her slumber at nine in the afternoon. Maybe I went a little too far last night but there weren’t any complaints and it’s not like she give me a break too—

Okay, to put it simply, Byulyi was dead tired.

Before getting up, I decided to spend another ten minutes in bed, wide-awake facing Byulyi’s sleeping face—now I get it why she loves doing this whenever she wakes up first and spend a good few minutes to stare at me. It’s soothing and it brings an unconscious smile across my lips that I couldn’t help it when my hand moves to caress her cheek and jaw, running my thumb back and forth at the smooth skin.

Does she realize how beautiful she is…?

She always tells me that I’m beautiful, that no beauty can compare to me but how can she say that when she’s being this ethereal? It almost doesn’t make any sense to me—

“Yong…” She mumbled, eyes still closed and stirs a little. I wonder if she’s awake. My hand was still there on her cheek, and my smile grew even wider.

“Are you awake?” I whispered softly.

She hummed before stirring again and settle her hand on top of mine that’s been resting on her cheek since the start of the whole ‘staring-at-my-fiance-sleeping-face’ begun. If I know her well-enough, I figured she’s been asleep for minutes and only decided to respond now.

“You’ve been awake all this time, haven’t you?”

Byulyi moves her head and keeps my hand in hers as she kiss the palm softly. “You were enjoying your time there. I didn’t want to interrupt but I get more flustered the more you stare…” She finally opens her eyes slowly, still looking as if she’s half-asleep with red-tints coloring her cheeks. It looks so adorable that I had to suppress the urge to squeal.

I instead move forward to kiss her on the cheek. “You’re so cute, and very beautiful.” I told her. She grew a redder shade of red, if that is ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter