XXXIX: The Witches

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “I find it quite amusing that the great Alexandrix, second son of the wolf king had fallen into this simple spell very easily” Jasper chuckled, coming to his feet and walking towards the two of them. When Hero noticed that, he growled a bit and exposing his fang towards the other male. Amelia found it quite touching.

 

“Oh, look at this Jasper he’s being protective of me” she said, smiling and placing her hand over her chest as if she was really touched by that. Jasper snorted at her reaction but chose to ignore it since she was in a good mood after all.

 

Brushing the flittering eyes of the prince as he looked very lovingly towards Amelia, Jasper had his back turned to the two and gazed off to the center of the water as if waiting for something to come out, the fog still hasn’t settled down for the witch haven’t called it down yet. A minute or so later, a small blue orb floated out of thing air and as it grew brighter it made its way towards them.

 

“We need to inform her of this. I’m sure she’ll be pleased of your success Amelia” he spoke with much enthusiasm in his voice, letting the wide grin as well took over his entire expression.

 

With the mention of ‘her’, Amelia’s head quickly turned towards the male and with a smile no different from his she stoop down of the boulder she was standing on and made her way towards him, along with Hero whose hand was of course tightly intertwined with hers.

 

“Come along Hero, I’d like you to meet her” she said, pulling him closer to her. Hero didn’t say anything but only smiled, seeming to be greatly happy of just the closeness he had with her. He smiled sweetly and followed her.

 

Everything is right but why does it feel so wrong. Hero’s subconscious spoke up again after it’s moment of silence but even with that it still made no difference or any reaction at all, the voice was only swept away by Amelia’s own.

 

“I hope that this call is worth my time” another voice with a heavy Russian accent – closest one can think of, came in the scene and that has garnered all their attentions.

 

They bright blue orb shone more as the words had came, there was no figure nor face shown along with it but only the sound of a female’s voice. It was obvious that she had the upper hand among the 3 of them for both Jasper and Amelia had knelt down in respect although she was not wholly present. Hero did the same or made to do the same.

 

“Of course my lady, we would not dare disrupt you if it’s not needed” Jasper said, the arrogance and cockiness in his voice gone and replaced by an intimidated tone in which Hero inconspicuously showed on the grin on his face.

 

“If that is so, what is it that you called me for” she said, the orb had now turned into what can be considered as a flat circle surface floating on mid air. Above it was an image, getting clearer by the moment, of a woman, half of her face – from the nose up, hidden in the shadows and faint light on her lips.

 

Amelia and Jasper both moved away, to the side to let her have a full look on Hero who was kneeling forth. A very satisfied smile had replaced the straight line of her lips, she was very much surprised even with not much expression or words were said.

 

A low raspy chuckle came from the back of , it so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter