LIV: A Hooded Figure

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hero had reached the end of the rocky and sandy trail in the middle of the forest that seemed to contain darkness even with the brightest light above it. Trolls filled the site as they carried rocks or dug the ground with nothing but their bare hands, they were slaves and the heavy, metal chain that connected their feet was not the one that told him so but the heaviness and depression of the atmosphere that have seemed to be pulling him down.

 

Bending down, he captured a handful of sand in his arms and letting it fall smoothly from his arms only to see the small grains dive straight back to the ground where it lied before. It was more than peculiar, having the sand not move when the wind had the qualities of a tornado as it blew sharply against him.

 

 

“… dead” he whispered to himself, it was the only word that he could conjure up that suited what he saw and although everything was very much alive it was best if left dead.

 

He walked up towards the hill and upon stepping on the top he was welcomed by the large digging site where a spherical tomb lied untouched in the centre of it all. The black orb was covered with white crystals that were proven dangerous when touched. Right then he witness the power of those white rocks as one of the trolls rolled down the steep hill right towards it. Without even coming a couple feet close the troll was sent flying out, the blast it gave wasn’t deadly but it sure was powerful enough to make anyone think twice of trying to be near it again.

 

“Beautiful isn’t he?” Helena spoke with proud as she placed herself beside the young wolf prince. Hero watched how she looked at the grave with such passion, one that she lacks when around her own children. It was frightening at the same time admirable.

 

 Hero was taken a back at how marvelous of a creature she was, surely she was Amelia and Jasper’s mother but there was something else in her, something foreign, something dangerous. He didn’t bother to linger around that thought though especially with her standing just right beside him.

 

“I was expecting a bigger tomb actually” he managed to say after he nodded in agreement with her statement. Helena chuckled lowly, not helping but be amused to what she can consider a ‘young mind’.

 

“As I was Hero, but that small tomb proves that sizes matters not when it comes to power” she said.

 

“My lady may I ask how it was found?”

 

“There is no need to find something that you never lost. I was there when he fell and when he was buried, all along I knew where to end but not where to start and so it took me all these retched years to finally complete all. But I regret not for those long years that passed for in just 6 more days all of it will be worth it” she smiled, the gesture more frightening than contagious.

 

..........................................................................................................................................................................

 

As everybody already left after hearing what Chaerin had found out, the newborn stayed in the room for awhile and sorted out everything she took out of the shelves or the drawers. Nobody stayed behind to help her to just have a small talk and she like it that way. Upon putting back the calendars and the books she used one certain dusty cover caught her attention, turning to the other side of the shelf was the book of the three beings sitting lifelessly along the dirt covered books.

 

Curiosity taking over her more than anything, she grabbed hold onto it and pulled it out into sight. The book wasn’t any cleaner than the last time she saw it but her interest over the collection of old papers covered by a thick, almost metallic leather covered covering grew even more.

 

“Hmmm” she hummed to herself as she opened it to a random page but seeming as if it was not the case, the newborn had opened the book on a page that she did not thought would be within it. “Marko ...” she trailed but before her eyes could even move across the words the page burst into fire leaving one page missing and into unsalvageable ashes.

 

She looked down on the pages to check if her eyes were playing tricks on her but there it was, clearly written on the bottom was the number LV and beside it LVII. “What just happened?” she gasped and right on the entrance of the room was no other than Marko, peeking through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter