XVI: Knowing

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On the field the two kinds were greatly divided the vampires on the west which included Donghae, Ysabelle and Victor and by the east were the werewolves including Jaejoong, Maria and Lukas. In between the raging enemies there stood Dara.

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

When the third lightning struck down the groups were divided, all standing beside their own kind where as myself was standing right in the middle waiting for any movement from either parties. There is no way they would be standing still for the next minute after only finding out about each other at this time, I already feel the tense forming between them it's only a matter of time now before they start ripping each other's throat.

 

 

I relaxed a little bit letting my hands fall to my sides looking ahead, there isn’t any worries to finding out who I am since I’m fully wrapped up and the only thing that would give me out is if I speak with my voice now I ain’t that stupid to do that, with a lifetime experience of hiding my identity I have a few tricks up my sleeves.

 

 

“If it isn’t Zereox Halo Lee” the leader of the wolves – I assume, spoke with a noticeable Romanian accent typical for a wolf of his status.

 

 

First noticing his accent my eyes shot back to the vampire he just mentioned, when my eyes scanned his face slowly every detail of it hit me like a rock as I finally remember who he was.

 

 

‘If that’s Halo, then does that make him’ as that thought processed in my head my eyes were just glued onto the smaller figure standing beside him. All those time when I felt like I knew him from somewhere finally made sense, why I was comfortable with him even though I didn’t really know him or talk to him. “Haeden” I said without realizing it and when they heard – of course they would even if how low I mumble it, with our good hearing we’d probably hear an ant’s stomach digesting, anyways all eyes were shifted on me but I didn’t let out any expression of shock or anything and just kept my stand. My voice wasn’t that recognizable so it’s good.

 

 

“If it isn’t Vaughn Knight Kim” Halo said back with an amused expression both on his face and tone of voice. Something tells me this two have met once or twice before and not for sparring purposes.

 

 

They smiled at each other as if sharing an inside joke and I’m not liking that, this just gets me more interested on how the interactions between our kinds have been since I left, although my interest is growing more and more it’s still ain’t enough to get me walking back to that life.

 

 

“Leave now bro” Haeden spoke in Romanian language, of course all of us didn’t feel left out since it was a must back then to learn all the languages of all the European countries. “We will little brother after we get what we came for” he said looking at the oldest vampires and it was the same reason for the wolves as well.

 

 

“But before that may we know who this lady is!” all bodies spun facing me both irritated and attentive. “It’s not necessary for you to know who I am and I can assure you I hold no interest in you either … All I want is for you to leave immediately” I’m not the boss of YG at the moment if I don’t have the talking skills and by talking skills I mean threatening skills.

 

 

They just grinned at my statement having no effect on them, I already knew it was going to be like that they are both the princes of the two kingdoms – well the next to the throne actually. Ignoring me fully the two moved to their targets, by their soft movements I’m guessing they too don’t want to make everything much harder than it needs to be but sadly I’m right here so that would be the case.

 

 

“Take another step towards them and your precious little friend would be losing a body part” another threat came from me, this time there was no hint of good on my voice just pure evil along with that I flashed them my eyes that had now turned to the lightest shade of blue enlightening them of who they are dealing with.

 

 

Just the expression I was looking for I smiled at that, the vamps that knows well enough of what vampire status these eyes belong to took steps back as well as Halo while the other side did the same, seems like these wolves know who they’re dealing with.

 

 

“There’s one of you and many of us. I wouldn’t mind working together with these wolves to take care of you” he flashed his fangs to me actually meaning what he just said. He’s going to regret that soon enough.

 

 

The silence coming from their brothers was taunting me but it wouldn’t really be a huge deal since that’s how they were raised: never speak to your older brother or sister unless spoken to, that’s just stupid.

 

 

“Then come at me!” with that phrase all of them, both wolves and vamps lunged towards me not caring of anything and just following their leaders' order.

 

 

Before this conversation even started I’ve already set up a circle 9 feet from me, I haven’t used any powers of mine aside from mind reading and other minor abilities so this might go a little to the disappointing side but to my surprise it worked better than I thought. The first couple of wolves and vamps that passed that invisible line quickly faded away to gleaming ashes under the moon light.

 

 

The best part about it was they only realized what was happening the moment almost half of their assailants have died already without much effort from me. Not even with a blink of an eye both the individual their leaders cared more compared to the rest were standing in front of me, hanging on mid air with arms clutching the air around their neck getting suffocated.

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you if you move forward you’re little friend would be losing a body part!” I smirked but it wasn’t seen since my mouth was covered but I’m undoubted they feel it. Both Knight and Halo’s eyes widened as they watched the two struggle in front of them “Now I wonder what’s the relationship between Nicholas Andrei Yang and Alysone Craire Song with the two of you” now here goes a good love story or at least a story to lighten up my mood.

 

 

“That’s none of your business” Knight almost growled. “Hyung I wouldn’t be speaking that way to her, you saw what she did effortlessly to your man just think what she can do to Nicholas hyung as well” Jaejoong warned his brother and it seemed like it worked since he sighed out.

 

 

“Right now I’m in no mood of killing anyone although I already did, I want all of you to leave the moment I throw these two back to you and who you came for are staying behind along with your brothers!” I said and with that sloppily levitating the two back to them.

 

 

With their eyes blazing with anger they backed away unwanted both being pulled by the two, they ran towards the opposite direction leaving the 7 of us still waiting for them to be completely gone. I can still hear the mutters they kept saying, curses their giving me for losing to a small girl. I didn’t mind that since I’m pretty much used to it at the same time I have a feeling they would be coming back soon with much more back up than right now.

 

 

“Later!” I said to them and with a flash of another lightning I disappeared.

 

 

Where we stood wasn’t really far from the villa so I still heard what they talked about when I left already, there aren’t any suspicions on who I am from both Donghae and Jaejoong though I’m pretty sure the 4 already knows who I am and for sure I know who they are. No wonder Hyori and Hoyoung looked too familiar for me.

 

 

Changing to something else without making any noises for them to hear I still kept eavesdropping to their little after show conversation.

 

 

“Lukas mind telling me what you’re doing here?” Jaejoong asked the elder but rather than telling him Jongkook jumped him catching his head on a headlock wrestling with each other playfully while the others only laughed at them. “Don’t tell me you’re going to lose to me Hero!” he chuckled choking the kid, with a sudden kick on the ground Jaejoong managed to catch both muscular arms ceasing him to stop moving and after awhile they both gave up.

 

 

When the two got up a serious atmosphere filled them up waiting for one of them to talk already and get back to sleep. “She’s alive” was the only words said coming from Hyori, with just that Haeden gasped getting what she meant.

 

 

So they’ve come for me but for what reason? If they came to bring me back then they’re willingly want to die before getting to touch me.

 

 

“We’ll talk about this tomorrow and by ‘we’ I mean including her” Hyoyoung said again and then silence. They all left the field and to their rooms.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter