XXXVIII: A New Problem

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry I didn't update for about 2 months, I've just been busy and distracted and honestly can't think of anything to write. With this update I hope that I can continue on and get the fic finished before the year ends.

 

 

 

 

The Wolf queen noticed something peculiar about her second son as he made his way inside the mansion, a dark light seemed to linger on his eyes and just the way he looked at some things she knew something was wrong. With a move of her finger, small dust like shine weaved its way through the air and floated smoothly towards the wolf prince’s nape, touching his skin and going through just like a spirit.

“Alexandrix” she spoke his name ever so melodically, as if she was calling the most valuable possession in her life which he was.

The prince turned around with a smile, she noticed the difference, the change on his eyes after the little magic she did. She smiled wider again and said nothing but only nodded. He left without asking more and never did actually. With his mother he was more of action than words and they understood each other quite simply through that type of communication.

When she was certain the prince was far and out of sight, far enough so he wouldn’t hear what she was about to say she called over Lukas/Jongkook to her side with the most gracious movement of her hand the others haven’t seen yet. Of course he strode fast to her side, not wanting to make the royalty wait for his presence.

“There is something amiss about my son, I’d like for you to keep a watchful eye on him. After everything that has gone by, things will get worse before it gets better” she spoke with a heavy tone and a sigh in the end. “Evil is everywhere and it will grasp hold onto anyone or anything that sparks interest with it”.

Lukas didn’t fail to understand what his queen was saying and had put himself in charge of the prince in expense of his time with the other council members planning for the move they’ll make next. He didn’t want to put this important task to someone else, it was given by the queen and of course he does not want to fail her. He knows Hero more than anyone and so he is the right person for the job.

Xia/Junsu and Mickael/Yoochun were put in it as well they are the ones who are almost always with Hero. In other words, other than himself they are who he trusts over this. They’re given the task to give him or report to him at any time if something ever happens.

For the next days, however, they’ve got nothing on the prince for he seemed to be as normal as ever, besides the depression and sadness he was still suppressing in him. This made them think that whatever it was that made the queen feel uneasy was gone or perhaps just waiting for another chance to hit him again. This made the guarding around the prince tighter, they can’t afford for anything to happen to him.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the small island across the mansion two figures hid themselves well in the embrace of the darkness, their peculiar yellow eyes luminous.

The slimmer figure hidden just behind a huge boulder flung her hand above her head and angrily punched the ground, causing it to crack and that whole area to shake. She bit her lip, showing one fang as she continued to vent out her frustrations, the figure much bigger than her only chuckled.

“Calm yourself Amelia. We have more time than we need to complete this” he spoke with a husky and low voice, rustling his raven hair back and looking away exasperated by the childish acts of the girl but just cho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter