XVII: Keeping

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With my eyes closed I let my body shift back to its original form there is no hiding the fact that all their hearts has started beating erratically as they saw each detail of me change into something I’m for sure they never seen before. It’s not the fear in their eyes that I’m afraid to see once I open my eyes but the disgust, the hatred and the loss of trust, I know them too well to let my hopes up in them understanding all my reasons as to why I chose to hide my real self.

 

The heat of the change starting from the tip of my head making it’s way down to my toe sent tingling feelings across my body, I’ve changed back and forth form to form but that would always happen at a snap of the finger and never this slow but they need to see it so I’m not going to quicken things even if it’s killing me at the moment – not literally of course.

 

Having only the sense of hearing and smell at the moment the reactions their making are more profound than if I actually see them with my eyes. The small gasps the girls made when the change of my hair was completed, the sound of the nails raking on the couch and the hitched breathing they all made. I tensed up because of that making my hand tremble with the want to see their faces. “Calm down!” Haeden whispered and I followed that.

 

There’s something in his voice that gets me to follow it whenever and wherever, its not one of his abilities that’s for sure but it’s like his voice is the voice inside your head whenever you’re in trouble and need help.

 

Once I felt the change completed I was procrastinating whether I should open my eyes right now and be greeted by all their scared faces or wait until they’re all ready to meet ME. With the tight squeeze in my hand coming from Haeden I shakily opened the blue orbs of mine seeing them in a new dimension.

 

“Whoa” our maknae gasped but instead of a gasp of fear or anything in that form of emotion it was more like amusement or delight.

 

She stood up almost instantly then walking to me and with her sudden action I quickly took a step back not knowing what to do but Haeden tightened his grip on my hand looking directly at my eyes telling its okay, everything’s okay so I walked closer to her. She just stared at me like I’m some doll delivered to them but although the youngest wasn’t as afraid to be that close to me the other family members said and looked the opposite. I sighed giving away the hope I had built for the passed seconds.

 

“I told you this would happen” turning my head in almost a snap flipping my hair at the act I glared at Haeden who was showing me his poker face and looking the other way, gripping his hand hard he shot me a look then I just remembered he wasn’t in his vamp form and if I keep going I’d break his hand but with the glare I still gave he quickly changed to his vamp form.

 

There’s a little difference between me and him and first of all that’s the color of his hair and his eyes. His hair is the almost shade of white but it’s actually silver, it changes with the lighting and his eyes of course are the lightest shade of green while the rest are the same. The reason for that is our blood I’m a full royal blood vampire while he’s only half, half from his mother’s side.

 

“Try explaining to them first before you break my hand” he grunted taking his hand back and cracking the joints and bones back into place.

 

I don’t really know where to start, should I tell them how I was born or get straight ahead to the part where I ran away till this moment. I want to start at the point that they wouldn’t be scared of me or anything like that but with a background of killing people and drinking their blood I’m not sure which part of that wouldn’t scare the hell out of them.

 

“Need help?” Hyori or as I know now Ysabelle came in along with the other 3 she was with. I don’t know if I should say yes or not but then again I’m not the type to tell stories about my life so I nodded at that.

 

“Well …” she started sitting down at the single couch facing almost everybody else. I didn’t move or shift sides since it was really comfortable just standing straight like that. Surprising me all their attention went to her actually interested on my history, although I liked that part Jiyong’s expression was still bugging me and I tend to find out what’s really on his mind.

 

“Dara or Sandara Park as you all like to call her is the real heiress to the throne of our vampire kingdom, her real name is Araia Devereux Park” hearing that little beginning of hers my eyes shot wide open with that and I just spit out what I wanted to say. “Wait! Are you trying to tell me you’re hear to take me back as the queen … Coz for sure I’m not going with you” I yelled surprising everybody  but that wasn’t on my concerns at the moment. “Your highness you’re the only one we know who can stop the war. Ever since you left the kingdom has been gone into total chaos, numbers of our kinds had died fighting for some reason they don’t even understand, if this continues on our kind would all go extinct” Victor spoke his eyes speaking all the sincerity he wanted to relay to me.

 

“Why did you leave?” with the tension going on between me and them the sound of the soft voice that asked surprised me. It was Jiyong who asked.

 

“My parents, the king and queen were killed the night of the kingdom’s celebration, right in front of my eyes they were torn into pieces by werewolves. After countless attacks on me I decided to leave and forget that life. I wondered around the world for centuries finding the right place to stay and have the closest to normal life I can have then when I came to South Korea I met papa and eventually met all of you” I said not letting go of his eyes. “I was just a little girl at the time and the loss of my parents traumatized me to the point I didn’t know who to trust” I continued on. The sudden silence went on longer than any one wanted

“This is really killing me right now … so I just want to ask if you’re all okay with me being a vampire because if you’re not I’m thinking of giving in my resignation and flying to Japan” I said. I’ve never been good with waiting and even if it concerns this kind of situation I’m not going to stand back while they think of everything they can think of me.

 

“What about what they know?” Jaejoong spoke for the first time since this whole meeting started. He hasn’t said anything about him being werewolf to the others yet but it’s not like it’s important for them to know, if they can’t accept me how can they accept him?

 

“I’ll just merely erase their memory like every other family I’ve had for the past years … but with both of your brothers finding out about me sooner or later I’m not going to take any chances and  leave my blood” I sighed with that.

 

“What do you mean leave your blood?” Bom asked well more like yelled. Her expression was the normal when finding out about someone like me but it still it doesn’t mean I’m not hurt seeing her like that.

 

“Safety reasons for me and all of you. It’s a trick I’ve learned, once a pure royal blood’s vampire runs in your system that serves as a permanent protection from me and any vampire or werewolf who’s having thoughts of harming you. So even if I was hungry and really wanted to drink blood I couldn’t drink yours that would mean electrocution” finding that out their expressions seemed to lighten up, they actually thought I had thoughts of drinking their blood and all that.

 

“They’re not your only problem what about everybody else?” Jaejoong spoke once again, his questions are really starting to irritate me but he actually has a point. “I’ll take care of that” I answered shortly.

 

‘What is he?’ Daesung thought. I smiled at how cute he looked while thinking of that. “He’s a werewolf Dae!” I answered smiling and he nodded his head.

 

“Can we talk, like just you and us?” Bom said.

 

I was quit shocked that she asked that, after their whole expression when I was talking I thought they woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter