LIII: What More

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am pleased to see you have  accomplished what I have asked you in such short time my dear children” a low chuckle rumbled from the tent, its doors open but only darkness was seen from the other side. Within the darkness pair of ember eyes awakens and a gust of wind blew by as they came closer towards them.

 

Amelia and Jasper along with Knight and his brother Hero all stood still, their heads down as they waited to be spoken to and be allowed to speak back. Although related by blood they are distant in kinship, both grew up in fear of their own mother as they never were truly treated as her own and longing to feel the love one such as herself can only give they have committed themselves to the day when they’ll feel such emotions.

 

“Oh how charming our little wolf princes are, especially Hero, there is no wonder then” Helena had caught their attention and she knew that, her words were plain if not a riddle or aggravating and her children knew that but it did not mean they understood. Amelia wanted to lift her head up and ask a question, one she recognizes as the others which will not receive any answers and yet she still could not hope it will be given.

 

She wanted to know more than what they were told, more than what they were allowed to know but yet even with most courage she can grasp onto there was just no way she can, not with the thought of disappointing her mother and wasting everything she has worked on.

 

Beside her stood Hero, eyes just on the same ground as what the other three were looking at though his mind travelled elsewhere. In which specific place, he did not know but he knew that he wanted to be there though his mind told not so. Amelia noticed his drifting spirit and even though it hasn’t been that long she felt a certain connection with the boy. Perhaps the reason being he was the bridge that may be connecting her to her mother or perhaps it is something else.

 

She was quite unsure how to get his attention and any unexpected movements might cause something she didn’t want. A small pebble sat beside Hero’s feet and she saw that as a way to get him back to his senses. With her ability to move objects with her mind, the stone rocked from side to side and slowly then Hero’s eyes started to follow its pace. “Hero” he heard a voice call him but it was faint. “Hero” and there it went again although this time much louder than before. A voice so familiar but he failed to recognize, and then it came again only now much different.

 

“Hero” Helena has called his name again, third time now as it seems.

 

The other three flinched, trembling as she stepped closer towards them with heavy steps. “Yes my lady?” Hero didn’t fail to gather his senses back and responded with such manner that made the witch smile in satisfaction.

 

“I just want to welcome you and your brother, surely it is an advantage”

 

Helena was beautiful, certainly one that can easily captivate any that she pursues and if he didn’t know any better Hero would have thought he was fancied. The way she suddenly turned around and left his personal space told him she wasn’t interested on him, there was nothing she wanted from him other than being a vessel to the succession of her plans.

 

“Is there anything more you’d like us to do?” Knight asked, Jasper looked at him through the corner of her eyes and glared at the wolf for breaking the silence and perhaps getting them in trouble. The expected lashing didn’t come but an amused chuckle from her. “I appreciate your enthusiasm Knight but at the moment there is nothing. Feel free to learn as much as you want” she said and walked away.

 

Without saying anything after that the brothers were led to a tent where they will be staying in, fixed to fit their liking but even with the likeness of the room to what they have grown up with the atmosphere was unsettling, almost as if something was missing and yet they didn’t know what it was.

 

“How do you like the room?” Amelia’s unexpected entrance didn’t leave them surprised; with blank eyes they looked at her and subtly nodded their head. Needless to say she shouldn’t have cared for the cold treatment but she found herself feeling disappointed though she wasn’t in any rights to feel so.

 

There was nothing Knight can not see and that included the small bit of feelings the witch had for his brother. The subtle brushing of her eyes on him when the latter was not paying any attention to her and the weary look on her face just moments ago when she had thought her mother could have been angry at him for paying no attention.

 

The clear evidence of being one sided grew undoubtedly on her, she knew the slowly developing feelings she had for the wolf and when she should be against it she just can’t help but entertain them. Hero on the other hand was inaudible to her, it wasn’t to say he did not know because in the contrary he knew it as well he just didn’t care.

 

“What are we waiting for?” he unconsciously asked, picking up a stone that lied on the table beside his bed and lazily watching every facet of the mineral.

 

“We are waiting for the right time, mother has found where the phoenix’s remains were buried and all that is needed are already taken care off” she answered plainly, not bothering to paint her voice with any emotion as she knows it’ll just be ignored no matter how bright they were.

 

“May I ask how the blood of the vampire king and queen were taken?” Hero brought out another question, he did not know where it came from and had no idea how it came out. It was the first time he had such thoughts, he did not even know how the king and queen looked like or how he knew about their blood.

 

“On the night of the kingdom’s celebration an attack was led by one of mother’s trusted warlocks, they changed their forms into wolfs and with every bite they take of them was blood drawn. The attack was not meant to kill them but there were some factors that affected the plan. The one who led the group died, from what I know the clan’s princess, Araia Devereux Park took his life just by a fiery attack sending him flying away in flames” upon mention the name Hero’s body tensed up though he did not know why, he felt attracted to the name but no face cleared out in his mind and the more he tried to pull out an image from the deepest of his memory it only became blurrier.

 

“Is that the reason that the truce between the two, the wolves and the vampires was take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter