LII: All in Hope

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeden was brought into another tent where the healers took care of him, the amount of damage done to his body was almost unhealable if it weren’t  Marko stepping in and stopping the venom before it had the chance to reach his heart. His pain was unbearable for any eyes to see, even for his brother who has done mostly nothing but put him in misery and much more, the four new born had the chance to see and understand what they were getting into.

 

“Haden is going to be fine little one, I may not know him completely but I can see he is a strong warrior at the time he just needs to rest” the queen softly cooed at the youngest, running her hand along the back of the girl to calm her down. The gesture helped but Minji still couldn’t help but feel scared and no one blamed her for that, if anything she’s only a teenager who barely knew the world and now she’s about to step into a battle her side has no possibility of winning in addition to that is losing a sister just a few days before.

 

“Do you mind sitting with me?” the queen smiled sweetly as she turned around to sit on one of the blankets placed by the fire. Minji said nothing but nodded, following her as she felt fear kicking in instead of her willingness to abide.

 

The wolf queen smiled even more as she watched the young one come to her side, sitting down and placing a doll on her lap as her hands reached out for the warmth of the fire. She noticed the way her now warmed hands held onto the doll as if it was alive. She then remembered her son, Hero, when he was just a little pup who had no idea such evil existed outside the paradise of his land.

 

“May I?” she held out her hand to the latter. Feeling confused Minji looked back at her with lost eyes, the queen then pointed at the doll subtly as her eyes moved back and forth from the effigy to her hands. “Oh, of course ma’am” the idol choked a little bit before handing Tam-Tam to her.

 

“This doll ... it was hers am I correct?” Minji nodded with a smile, her hand reaching out to the doll and softly dusting off its ears. The queen held it with both of her hands as if in any second she is to raise it up high for all to praise and bow to, it amazed her how much joy such thing gave her just by looking at it. “Why do you keep it around? Wouldn’t it be safe if you hide it somewhere?” she said again, chuckling a little bit at how silly her question was.

 

The latter blinked as she thought of what was asked, realizing the older had a good point. “I don’t really know ma’am ... it’s the only thing that I have now that reminds me a lot of unnie. Whenever I hug Tam-Tam I smell her and it makes me feel like she’s still here and any minute then she’ll coming looking for him like always” she answered with a genuine smile and a slight blush on her cheeks. The queen let out a hearty chuckle, finding the girl’s words a bit childish though she knew how she feels as it was how she felt when she was in hiding.

 

“Ma’am, are we going to die?” Minji’s question caught her off guard and the short happiness she felt at that moment burst instantly. She gave the doll back to the girl, watching her hug it once again before responding to her question.

 

“I do not know little one ... but always remember that light always wins and that in the darkest place there’s always light” her voice quivered as she spoke, she was unsure whether her words were meant to encourage and strengthen the latter or herself.

 

After awhile, Victor and Lukas have stepped out to call both in the tent for the continuation of their halted meeting. Haeden had requested to join them but was given a ‘no’ because of his wounds that needed to heal first. This time Mickael and Xiah joined the group, most noticed the absence of the two, right after they have shown themselves and questions came rather abrupt as to their location before.

 

“Where you able to find it?” she asked them, her voice hinting a sense of hope though little. Xiah brought out a parcel that took all the space of the duffel bag he was carrying. Setting it carefully on the centre of the table, reactions of certain wolves stood out. Lukas’ eyes widened in disbelief as he recognized what it was, his wife Maria was quick in her feet and gave the two quite a hard blow on the back of their heads.

 

“We’re alive aren’t we and besides we didn’t think anyone was better for the job than the two of us: Mickael defended their stand as he rubbed his head.

 

“Exactly what job are we talking about?” Victor raised his brow, his eyes fluttering over the item in which was thickly covered with cobwebs and dust as it sat lifelessly and seeming to be staring back at him.

 

“I gave them orders to return back to the palace to retrieve this book or steal it if you prefer the more technical term. I would have had Lukas be the one to go back but as this book is under the hold of Mickael’s family it was best if he goes” the queen said, not looking at anyone as her eyes were fixed on the book that she was slowly and carefully unfastening from the parcel that held it.

 

They all anticipated what the book kept, all hoped that it held knowledge that would put their side in an advantageous base. “This book contains the history of the children of the sun and the moon, the werewolves, the vampires and the fieries” the queen turned the cover of the book, presenting them the depiction of a wolf, a bat and a phoenix.

 

The ancestor of the werewolves, the wolf.

 

The ancestor of the vampires, the bat.

 

The ancestor of the fieries, the phoenix.

 

The three beings were drawn on each tip of a triangle, surround them was the overlapping of the moon and the sun. On the left of the triangle where the moon sat was its child, the wolf and alike the orb it controls the water and its waves. Opposite of it was the phoenix, on the side of the sun as they are the natural tamers of fire. At the top of the triangle lay the bat, as one is neither child of the moon nor the sun they are placed in the middle of the two. Vampires live through day and through night in their original form, they survive not by the power of the sun nor by the call of the moon but as both symbolises life they live through the essence of life, blood.
 

 

“You see, in the begin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter