LVI: A Day Left

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Just a little re-cap. A few chapters ago Haeden or Donghae came back to the camp with a deep wound and Marko or Zen explained to the others that he was bitten by a snake, 'her' snake. The 'her' they were pertaining to is no other than Helena and Vithara is her snake, the one who bit Donghae. He isn't a Horcraux or anything, I'm not being all Harry Potter here. I just wanted to add that so there isn't any confusion. She is just a snake who can speak and have sufficient powers to do Helena's biddings.

In this chapter as well you will meet Felix, he is the head of the black market societ where Zen and Araia had worked under back in time. Their names where Black and Red so do not get confused. Along with that you will meet Callido, someone who plays a very important role not only in the upcoming war but as well as in the life of both or protagonists, Araia/Dara and Hero/Jaejoong)

 

“There seems to be a detail amiss from the design … a very important detail” Helena chimed, waving her wand in the air as it created smoke. Weaving into delicate patterns that conveyed her distress over the erroneous matter, however, she was a bit concerned rather than distressed.

 

Distinct hisses came from behind her; the sound of a snake slithering across the ground caught her attention and the plain face of her brightened with a deadly smile. The snake climbed on the side of her chair and then to the top, sitting there just above her head with her yellow eyes looking everywhere.

 

“I trust your mission was a success Vithara?” she spoke gently as her hand glided across the smooth, scaly skin of the serpent. Vithara hissed joyfully in response. “That half-blood vampire is going to be helpful after all. No matter how much they try to take the venom out of his system it’s already too late, at our command he will be fighting them instead of us” she grinned but even with that great news Vithara brought in there was still something that was amiss.

 

“How about Hero master, I am sure he will be much more of use as a substitute for Jasper as the vessel. I mean no disrespect towards your son master but as her weakness – that is if she is still alive, it will not be easy on her” Vithara hissed excitedly, thinking that her plan was absolute.

 

“Inside that tomb lays the spirit of the Phoenix and in which ever vessel it takes familiar in will resurrect the Phoenix itself. The stronger the vessel, the stronger the Phoenix will be” Helena mumbled to herself. “Vithara, will you go on and summon Hero” she said sweetly and the snake was more than joyful to follow her commands.

 

Slithering out of the pavilion, Vithara made her way to the vampire not forgetting to grab a bite on the way – an unfortunate little troll that failed to move out of the way before she could pass. She found the vampire lying on top of a boulder with his eyes closed and seeming to be asleep. Planning to scare him out of his wits she crawled behind the boulder and up the back but before her eyes could even set on her prey Hero was already on his feet and knife to her neck.

 

“Master summons you to her abode” Vithara hissed and left, feeling a bit disappointed to the failed attempt. Hero followed silently, his hand not leaving the hilt of his knife.

 

He entered the pavilion and saw Vithara on top of Helena’s chair, seeming to be whispering something to her master that made her raise his brow at her as if in disappointment but it disappeared right away.

 

“How can I be of service to you my lady” Hero bowed his head, keeping it on the same position until he was asked to raise it up or for further commands. On his peripheral vision he realized Jasper was with them as well, standing on the side on the same position as he was.

 

“I have called both of you here for an important matter, one of you knows already what that is and I am very much pleased that it is all understood …” she paused and smiled, her countenance facing Hero but her hand holding the cheek of his son in an intimate way –motherly, Jasper found strange.

 

“You have been chosen as the vessel for the Phoenix my dear Hero, is it not just appropriate? The child of the moon brings back the Sun itself?” she chuckled lowly, finding it very amusing but the two just stood still and stiff.

 

Hero looked over to Jasper and saw his sullen, sorrowed pain. He knew it was of disappointment and yet another dismay from her mother. He did not know what to feel, it seemed like his emotion to pity and be sympathetic to others have been washed away or is it maybe because he wanted it and just could not come out and say it himself.

 

“What do you think Hero?” she asked then and he just nodded in agreement, as if there was anything else to say anyway. “You two are dismissed then” with that command they both left the room, none of them speaking to the other and only walked.

 

“Oh how romantic, dying in the hands of the one they love without even knowing it” Vithara hissed and Helena laughed.

 

Both Jasper and Hero went on their own ways, neither speaking to the other nor mentioning anything about what just happened. Hero did not know what to say or what to do, he wanted to decline the offer but he was unable to and along with that he knew it all alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter