XXVII: Wolf's Kingdom

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raoul’s death has set the war on, now not only am I to fight in the war between the werewolves and the vampires but as well as one between Helena and I. One that should have been over if I had stayed and finished it, my return set the clock in motion once again and this time there might not be any ways of stopping it, along that I’ve pulled innocents in.

 

They have no clue about the war they’ve just entered because of me, the orders I gave them makes me responsible for it and I’m going to take that. The right thing to do is tell them EVERYTHING but I’ve given them enough problems to think about and deal with. As long as I’m able to carry all of this in my back the secrets are going to be unfounded.

 

My eyes drifted unconsciously to their direction, watching them intently as if it’s the first time. They’re all smiling, laughing like nothing’s wrong, unknowing of the possibility they’ll be losing those soon.

 

Marko was right like always, these 4 did not enter YG only because of their musical talents but also because of my doings. Jiyong entered for the obvious reason that he resembles my first love. Minji and Chaerin because of the specialness of their blood, the type any vampire would fight over for. And Bom, her case is more special than the other. She’s a perfect Xerox copy of a girl dearly close to Marko and I, especially to Zen. She’s her reincarnation.

 

“Araia” Marko called lowly, usual for his worried voice. That set me out of my thoughts and got me to see the huge tree just up ahead- closely hitting me if I didn’t jump out. “Don’t drown in your thoughts. It’s dangerous” he sighed and I just nodded.

 

The changing shades of the leaves indicates that we’re close to the entrance of the kingdom and it’s no other than the famous Wolf’s Thorns. A gate made of a huge and sharp thorn hedges that separates the wolves from everything else. Added to its tricks 2 dragons actually guards the area and they just happen to have a taste for vampires.

 

So it’s a bit bad for us, especially for me. My last trip didn’t have a good last day since I spent the whole time trying to get them off my , it ended up with me having to break their horns to get time to run. So they have me on their wanted lists, first person on it in fact.

 

“I’m sure the twins are going to be glad to see you” Marko teased, I can’t say that he’s wrong coz he really is right but I don’t really like talking about that so I glared at him but did not work at all.

 

Across the wide forest the sound of something breaking and leaves rustling were loudly heard, the noise increasing and signaling that whatever is coming is getting near. Sure enough blazes of fire came from both sides, planning no cooking us extra burnt. Luckily we jumped out already.

 

“We’ll take care of the twins. Hero, Mickeal and Xiah go open the gate” Jiyoung unnie ordered and they all got into position.

 

The original plan for us was to take the underground tunnels inside were discarded because of the time it takes to get through the tunnels and with the news of us spreading like a wild fire throughout there is no point for us to hide. With Zen under them as well we there’s no time to waste.

 

“We need an earth” Xiah turned to us, eyeing any of the others for a volunteer, I was going to but then Donghae stepped forward.

 

The gate needs to feed on a specific amount from each the element in order to open up. The 4 stood in front of it, pressing their palms a centimeter deep against the thorns this way no one can open it by themselves. A tear of blood dropped on the ground and the short ritual started. Slowly they channeled their power to it and slowly the thorns untwined from each other, returning to its roots and giving way for us to walk through.

 

“They know we’re here” Jongkook oppa said, jumping to my side from now where and scaring the hell out of me. I hit him slightly. “Oppa can you not do that” I frowned and he chuckled, patting my head.

 

Anyways, he was looking up at something and when I turned to look that way it was a small light house on top of a cliff. Now why would there be a light house in the middle of the forest where the water is miles and miles away?

 

“It lights up whenever the gate is opened unpermitted, soon they’ll be guards ready to kick us out” Jiyoung unnie then came to my other side coming the same way as her husband. What’s so hard on understanding my dislike for frights?

 

“Let’s go” Jaejoong called and the gate has been opened fully.

 

The others had started to walk in but I stayed rooted on the ground with my eyes glued to the wolf prince for some reason. Something had changed ever since he step forward to open the gate and it’s all visible to his eyes. Anger and pain is painted all over those amber orbs.

 

“Come on” he called me and I realized I was the only one left outside.

 

My feet were a bit trembling as I took steps forward. The last time I went inside wasn’t really for sightseeing. It was one of the reasons why I left Europe and heading to South Korea. I was given a task and Felix said it was from a well known vampire and had paid so much for my service, of course I took it since there was no big deal about it not until I found out about that I regretted saying yes but then I already agreed to it and there’s nothing I can do.

 

I had to kill a wolf, one who’s last of her bloodline. At first I had thought it was someone of age but then my heart just fell when he was right in front of me and he was only a child. There was nothing I can do and so I needed to finish my job.

 

Coming here again reminds me of that, just one of the memories that are needed to be completely forgotten.

 

“You okay?” Jaejoong asked when I met him. “Yeah! Memories are just coming back” I smiled at him and pushed him forward and following after him.

 

“So here’s the plan, Zen is right inside the castle. Marko is going to go inside and look for him, there’s no need for another person, he can take care of it. The rest of us would fend off anyone that goes for him” I explained.

 

They nodded understanding the plan, I can see Jaejoong already has a plan on his mind that has nothing to do with Zen and I’m not going to stop him for that though if it’s anything stupid I need to step in if Junsu and Yoochun can’t do anything.

 

Before any wolf guards starts showing up we already made our way towards the castle. With the plan already made there’s just something off about this. I’m sure they know what we came for and finding out about Raoul the king should have send all of his army to try and stop us. There hasn’t been anything that we’ve seen and that gives me these feelings.

 

‘Marko, before you go look for Zen can you find out what their hiding first. There’s something and I want to know what it is’ I asked him telepathically and he nodded not obviously.

 

And when I thought we can have the run to the castle untouched, the wolves had started to chase us throwing things they can possibly throw to us. “Marko go now. We’ll take care of your back” I said and he disappeared, running fast invisible to the eyes of everyone but me.

 

I saw them stiffen a little at the sight of the prince but then shrugged it off. I can tell they like Jaejoong very much, not only as a prince but also as a friend and they don’t want to harm him in anyway but since its orders from the king they can’t really ignore it.

 

Wiggling my fingers lightly on the air and causing little sparkles of ice appear the sky had turned gray and the rumbles and fierce wind made the calm kingdom to the eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter