XXXII: One Comes Back

My Vampire Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the rocky plains were creatures both of the night and the moon, standing beside each other as they would only in ones imagination. They stood still like an image of a picture painted by someone of great talent, although it couldn’t be seen under the dimming night sky there was no expression on their faces but their eyes, gleaming gave all the explanation needed.

 

A soft wind passed by, giving the 3 the scent needed to assure their identity. Hair and fur waved along the wind and that was the only movement they gave. In the middle was a wolf, no in the form of the creature but of a human, aside from the rest she was the only one who gave a smile towards them and as they try to make an image out through the distance between them she made her way towards the small group still above water, making it easier for them.

 

“Hello Lukas” she spoke, her voice sweet and comforting shocked the wolf. A greeting was at the tip of his tongue, however, the energy to say it out wasn’t enough and he just stood there beside Mickeal with the same expression he had. “And oh, Victor is here as well” then she turned to the vampire, smiling at him with all the goodness inside of her.

 

“You’re highness” unlike the wolves Victor acted instantly, bowing down with his left knees inches above water and head lowered down showing his respect for the women.

 

She took another step forward, right under the moonlight that lit above them like a spot light. Her face finally showed itself towards them and with that the 5 of them stood in a line and showed their respect to her.  Her hand, thin and smooth moved forward and gesturing them to come up and they did.

 

“But … how is this possible?” Lucian asked, his tone of voice drastically changed to how it was before, respectful and one owned by a wolf of his status and age.

 

“I will give you all the answers you need but before that may we think of some way to hide our people, protect them from anything or anyone” she spoke ever so gently, like a mother. She looked back at them, a subtle smile forming on her lips.

 

“Yes you’re highness but … if you may, is it possible for you to go see your second son and comfort him until we find a way to explain about a person’s death” Lucian spoke once again, watching his way of words for if he spoke the same way he does towards the others he was not certain if she would understand.

 

“Of course, Nicholas can you be with Mickeal for the time being? I’d like for Knight to be with me when we talk to his brother” she said, not turning her head to meet them.

 

“Of course” Nicholas answered respectfully, touching Knight’s cheeks with his hand before stepping back.

 

After the short conversation they had the group had separated, one going back to the rest of the vampires and werewolves by the creek. The plan was for them to create the same force field that shrouded the island from all but without the one who made that possible around they were not certain of what to do. Everything started with a small idea and would expand as one adds into it and that’s how the field started to come to life.

 

“Please, lend us some of your power to create the field” Both Victor and Lukas said in unison, talking to their kind and they nodded in response for it.

 

Moments after the shield up was put up the rest started to built their own home in the comfort of the land and now the rest went back to the mansion to discuss what should have been discussed already.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“My son, it’s time for you to wake up” a voice, whispering softly and sweetly to my ear kept mumbling in my head. The voice was so familiar, it was what I’ve always wanted to hear again and now here it was playing in my head like a song I’ve recorded.

 

‘Wake up Jae’I thought and then I started to find myself slowly waking up, my eyes opening and then in front of me, almost a ghostly image. Blurry, like something was clouding up my vision but then it got clearly and once it did I felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I leaned forward and hugged her,

 

“Mother” I cried, burying my face on the corner of her neck. Her scent was the same as the last time I hugged her this way and it only brought more tears to me. If this was a dream I wish for a longer time to stay with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter