D-3 Restaurant

You changed me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a while now, Mingyu's stepdad and Wonwoo have been discussing the fact that they needed to change a lot of things in the couples house, since the house didn't reach all the expectations for them both. With a lot of talking over the topic, they decided to redecorate the house without Mingyu knowing, once they were in Japan.

So it wasn't a surprise when Wonwoo got a phonecall from Mingyu's stepdad on the third day of the trip.

"I just don't know if he will like all the changes." Wonwoo whispered into the phone, watching out not to wake up a sleeping beauty beside him, as he was sitting on the bed, his legs bend towards his chest.

"I'm sure he will love them. You just can't tell him about any of these. I know it will be hard, especially since you are with him 24/7, but just try." Mingyu's stepdad reassured him, a sincere happiness provident in his words. "Anyways, is everything okay there?" Wonwoo took his chance to glance at Mingyu, who layed there with sweat covering his forehead. The older didn't know what it was that made him sweat, he even checked his forehead thinking that it might be temperature, but it didn't seem hot at all. He just shrugged it off. Maybe he was just hot under all those covers.

"Yes, everything is gr-..." Wonwoo got cut off when he heard a scream coming from Mingyu. He snapped his head towards the younger, his eyes growing big when he saw Mingyu with beads of sweat all over his face, his breathing constantly growing faster. Without even noticing, he ended the call with Mingyu's stepdad, as he jumped to Mingyu's side.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" The shorter whispered, taking Mingyu's head in both of his hands. Mingyu just looked at him with wide eyes, looking as if he might cry at any moment. "Mingyu, tell me what's wrong." But as an answer, Mingyu just brought him closer to him, wrapping his arms around the olders waist as tightly as he could. Wonwoo could hear sniffles coming from Mingyu, as an indicator that he was crying.

Wonwoo was in panic, because nothing even similar to that happened before, and he for sure didn't know how to react to a sudden thing he just experienced. So he just hugged the other back, rubbing soothing circles on his back, until Mingyu calmed down.

As memories started coming back to him, he remembered the nightmares that Mingyu's mom talked to him about. The car accident, his brother. Mingyu was having them again, and Wonwoo was there all alone, helpless, not knowing how to help him or how to make all of them stop. Because he knew Mingyu was suffering and it hurt him to see him like that.

Moving his head for a bit, Wonwoo left a long kiss on Mingyu's neck, whispering a soft "It will be alright, I'm here." to his ear. Mingyu didn't move an inch, his hands clutching the shirt on Wonwoo's body, as his crying started becoming so loud that it was probably heard outside of their room. But Wonwoo didn't care, he needed to take care of this, and he was hoping that he could.

They just sat there, trying to fint confort in eachothers arms. As time passed by, Mingyu's breathing slowed down as his cries calmed down.

"You okay?" Wonwoo asked when there was no more cries heard in the small hotel room. Mingyu nodded, before moving away from the older, fidgeting with his fingers, as he didn't take his eyes away from them.

"A-About all of this..." His voice came out a bit shaky from all the crying.

"Yeah, your mum kind of told me about it..." Wonwoo answered, the younger suddenly snapping his head up. "Just to warn me about it. She wanted me to not get scared once you had them."

On that Mingyu just nodded, too occupied with his fingers at that moment. "Did she tell you why I got them?" 

"She only said that the doctors couldn't find the reason behind them..." 

"I never told anyone anything of this, but I have a reason behind them." Mingyu started, as he took a look at Wonwoo's eyes, his eyes already filling up with new tears. "W-When we were about to leave my gradparents house, my grandma told us that she had a very bad feeling about something, but she herself didn't know what about. She asked us to stay the night just incase anything happens, but I was the one insisting to go home since my best friend was celebrating his birthday the day after and I didn't want to miss it." Mingyu tried to substain his tears, but he was failing miserably, as a few warm ones slid down his cheeks. The older quickly wiped them, keeping his hand on Mingyu's neck, as he let the younger speak. "Since that day, I felt myself being the responsible for that whole accident. My mum probably told you I wanted a brother so much, which was true, but that accident scarred me for life. Until this day, I feel responsible for it, and I probably will forever." Mingyu choked out, his eyes not leaving the little place between the two bodies.

Wonwoo was left in shock, as his eyes took in every piece of the boy in front of him. He wasn't blaming Mingyu, because he knew Mingyu wasn't responisble for the accident. But inside of him, seeing Mingyu suffer like that broke his heart into millions of pieces, making him hard to control his tears.

The older did what he thought was the best. He just pulled Mingyu in a tight hug, as he let him get rid of all the pain he was keeping inside of him in that moment. Wonwoo knew words wouldn't be enough for this, and it probably never will, but actions would.

"Baby, it's not your fault..." The shorter whispered against Mingyu's hair. "Your grandma could have had a bad feeling about something, but you weren't the one who caused the accident. Don't blame yourself." Wonwoo left a short kiss on Mingyu's temple, as he rubbed his back in short, little circles, trying to somehow keep Mingyu's emotions down.

They sat there, in eachothers embrace, Mingyu layed on top of Wonwoo's lap, until their alarm for 10am decided to go off. Wonwoo quickly turned it off, before taking a look back at Mingyu. Mingyu's eyes were half shut as he was resisting the urge to go back to sleep, his eyelashes peacefully layed on top of his cheeks.

"You know, we can just stay here today if you aren't feeling okay." Wonwoo whispered, playing with Mingyu's hair, that was covering his eyes.

The younger shortly after shook his head for a bit, before making himself more comfortable in Wonwoo's lap. "No, I think I will be even more depressed if I stay here."

"What do you want to do then?"

"Whatever you want to do. I don't mind." Mingyu shrugged with his shoulder, not really having anything in plan for that day.

"How about we go on a date?" The older suggested, his hands resting on Mingyu's shoulders, as they drew little patterns on top of his shirt.

"I'm in for that. But before I say yes, you need to ask me." Mingyu teared his eyes from the blank ceiling in front of his eyes, to look at Wonwoo, who was still too busy with drawing things on Mingyu's shoulders.

"Ask you what?"

"Ask me out. Do you think I would let you go that easily?" Mingyu smiled his toothy smile that Wonwoo loved so much, making him instantly happier.

With a smile plastered on his face, Wonwoo just rolled his eyes before saying a quick "Kim Mingyu, will you go out with me?"

"Of course I will, I just needed to test you." A playful wink flew towards Wonwoo, as he lightly punched Mingyu on his chest, a small chuckle leaving his lips.

The younger stared at him for seconds, until seconds turned into minutes, and he still wasn't getting tired of taking in all the beauty that was in front of him. With his hands, he cupped the olders face, before slowly pulling him in for a kiss. A position was very uncomfortable, but they didn't mind. A simple kiss could make up for everything else that wasn't good in that moment.

Wonwoo pulled away with a chuckle, as his face instantly brightened up from a huge smile he had on his lips. He tried bitting it away, but it was quite impossible when his eyes sparkled in a totally different light.

"This is nice..." The younger started, his hands not going away from Wonwoo's cheeks. "Us in bed, just cuddling and kissing all we want, without anyone telling us not to. It really seems nice."

"Yeah..." Wonwoo whispered. "But we do that everyday, babe." The shorter let out a breathy laugh.

"This time it's special. We are alone, in a city that neither of us know anything about, and it just seems better." Mingyu admitted, his hands leaving Wonwoo's cheeks, to fold them on his chest.

"I think you started talking nonsense." The older touched the tip of Mingyu's nose, a small giggle leaving his mouth. "We should probably get ready." He was about to get up, when Mingyu pulled him back down, by his wrist.

"Let's stay here for a few more minutes. Please." Those puppy eyes Mingyu always did constantly got to Wonwoo, so you can only imagine how quickly he sat down again and cuddled to Mingyu's side once again. With a content giggle,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter