Karma

Sweet Candies

 

“Damn. I'm late to pick Woohyun up. What time is it?” I looked to my watch and great I'm already late for 30 minutes. It's my last patient fault that gave me rapid questions non-stop, making me late to pick Woohyun up. I hope he's still waiting and not mad.

 I drove fastly to his school and feel blessed that there's no traffic in the road. I arrived around 15 minutes later. I went down from my car and searched for Woohyun.

 I looked around the school, but there's no sight of him. I walked back to the front gate and caught a glimpse of student sitting on bench. The person school's bag looks like the one Woohyun's use. I approached him and looked at him. It's Woohyun, Sleeping on the bench waiting for me to pick him up. Thank god, nothing happen to him.

"Woohyun, Woohyun.” I shook him, tried to wake him up. But he's not moving. I shook him a bit harder and called his name again.

 “Woohyun.. Woohyun.” Then he's eyes open a little bit.

“Hm.....” He opened his eyes fully, he looked sleepy.

“Hyung...?”

 “Woohyun, I'm sorry, I'm late. Trust me, I'm busy, because of--” I tried to explain but he cut me.

 “I got it hyung..... you busy, right? Hm... I trust you.” He said with his sleepy tone. What a relieve that he understand me. He's such a kind kid.

 “Can we go home now?” I nodded.

I helped him stand up but then he fell to the bench again sittingwith his eyes going to close again. "You're sleepy?” He nodded. Then I positioned myself to give him a piggyback.

“Jump up, Woohyun.” He raised his eye-brow. “Just jump up. Don't you wanna go home?” With that he jumped to my back and I carried him to the car. He's not that heavy but just quite heavy.

I brought him to my car and put him on the front seat. “Oh great. Where should I send you home? I don't know your home and now you're sleeping in my car.” I sighed. I get in to the car and started the engine. I drove back to my house. I think I just let him sleep in my house for a while then I'll send him home.

 

I arrived and looks like Sungyeol hasn't come back home. I carried Woohyun bridal style to my room and lay him on my bed. I feel bad for letting him waiting for me in front of the school's gate. I removed his shoes and his blazer, so he could sleep more peacefully. I covered him with the blanket and stared his face for a while. He's good-looking, he got the looks that every girls after.

I walked out from the room and closed the door. I went to the kitchen to cook something for him. A soup would be great for a cold afternoon. I started preparing stuffs when Sungyeol came home.

 “Hi Hyung!” He greeted me

“Oh, Hi Sungyeol. Where have you been?” I asked him.

 "I went out with Sungjong for a while.” I nodded. “I'll go showerfirst”, he walked to his room then he looked back, “Oh! hyung! Make a good food for me too ok!” I shot him a death glare and he ran immediately to his room.

I finished cook after about 15 minutes later. As I was going to prepare the dining room for dinner. Woohyun came out from my room with his mess face and hair. I came to him.

“You awake?” I asked and looked at his eyes which still a bit closed.

“Yes, hyung~” He answered. Then he suddenly he landed his body to me, hugging me tightly. Me and Woohyun have been used to skinship lately.

“Hyung~ I'm hungry... oh and... by the way where am I?”

“You're hungry? Great cause I'm making you soup.” I said to him hugging him back. “And... you're at my house now, you were asleep and I don't know where your house is so, I just bring you to my house.” I explained to him.

He was surprised that he's mouth opened widely.

 “Y-y-your house?” He asked. “Yep, my house. Welcome.” I said to him. He opened his eyes widely and released the hug. he was inspecting every little pieces around the room. "just treat it as your home too." I said to him. he nodded awkwardly.

 "So, Woohyun sit here." I moved the chair back and make a gesture for him to sit there. "Let's have dinner first before I send you home."

"sure, hyung." he said in agreement.

We talked a lot during our dinner, I figured out that he likes candies because it turn his life into sweetness rather than bitterness. Its making his life livelier. Most of the time during dinner we talked about candies and his hobbies, most about him rather than me. I'm not really that open up person.

We were about to finish our dinner, but Sungyeol hasn't come down for dinner. What was he doing upstairs. I called him fro the dining room.

"Sungyeol!!!" Then something unexpected happened. Woohyun choked up as he hears my brother's name. I looked at him worriedly.

“You're ok?"

 "I'm fine..." he said. Then he talked again "Hyung can I ask something?"

"Sure, Woohyun." I answered him.

 "Who is Sungyeol that you just called? Does he goes to school?" Looks like he has a lot of interest about Sungyeol. They're in the same grade too. They should make a good friendship.

"Sungyeol is my brother Woohyun." I said to him. His face goes flat. "and he goes to the same school as yours. I was about to ask you about him the other time but something distracting me from asking you." He looked shock and his mouth hanging open. "You're ok?"

 "Hyung, I need to go home now." He said and walked fast to my room to take his belongings. What got into him now?

 "You're ok Woohyun?" I said as I followed him to my room. He just nodded and prepared his bags.

 "I'll take you home." I said to him. But to my surprise he refused.

"No, hyung. I'll go by my own." He said firmly. He doesn't look like the Woohyun I know now. He looks so panic.

"No, Woohyun, I'll take you home. It's dark outside." I said to him but he stubbornly saying that he go back home by his own.

"I just go on my own. Thank you for everything." He said to me and left the house fast. His words sound like it was a goodbye forever.

What happens? Does he knows Sungyeol? Were they enemy or something?

 

_

Damn! Why and why?!! From lots of people out there, why Sunggyu must be Sungyeol's brother. Great this must be karma for me. Karma does exist and its attacking me. Luck is not with me.

I opened my last lollipop in my back and eat it, tasting the sweetness of it. This is not what I'm hoping, what should I do now? I couldn't do anything about it. Sooner or later Sungyeol must meet the pain to brake up with Myungsoo and knowing it was just a bet that made by me. I can't face Sunggyu anymore... I just can't.

 

_

It's weekend already and I'm having my first date with Myungsoo. We're going to watch Dongwoo's match. I guess, it wouldn't be that bad. Plus, he will introduce me officially to his friends. Wow, I'm going to hang out with the popular. But then it struck me, one of Myungsoo's friend name Woohyun. Last night hyung talked about him.

 

Flashback

I went downstairs as my stomach felt empty. I walked to the dining room and saw 2 unclean plates. Aish, hyung just eat twice? or was there a guest? I searched for him and then he showed up himself looking gloomy all of a sudden.

"Hyung, something wrong?" I asked him, he shook his head.

"Can we talk while you're eating? I want to ask you something." He said.

"Oh, sure." I said then he took a sit and I took a bowl of soup to eat.

"Do you know, Woohyun by any chance?" He asked me suddenly. I looked at him in surprised, how does he know Woohyun? Is he that popular even my brother know him?

"I know him, he goes to the same school as I am, why hyung?" I answered and asked him back.

"Do you have a good relationship with him, like close friend?" He asked.

"Nope, he's beyond my reach. He's so popular, while I'm just a nerd." I said to him admitting that I'm a nerd.

"Oh, ok then. Clean all the mess after you eat." He said and left the dining room.

"Hyung but its your mess!!!" I said to him but he already went inside he's room.

 

Why was he asking about Woohyun? should I ask Woohyun about it, whether he knows my brother or not? I won't be close enough with him for today. But maybe later on, I'll ask about it. Now, what I should i think about is what should I wear for today! It's going to be fun!