TWENTY-FIVE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

Mark just got back from a meeting when Jackson walked into his office.

            “Hey man…”

            “Hey…” Mark slumped on his seat, loosening his neck tie.

            “How’s the meeting with the Hong Kong rep?”

            “Great actually…they agreed to our terms and I guess soon you have to fly out there and meet the head executives…”

            “Cool…just let me know the details then…”

            “What brings you here anyway?”

            “Um…”

Mark sensed that Jackson a little hesitant.

            “What’s the problem now? Something happened between you and Youngji? Is she pregnant or something?”

            “No! Nothing like that...hey, you know Taehyung right?”

            “Taehyung?”

            “Yeah…that guy from Bangtan Corp…we met him a few months ago at my place on Youngji’s birthday…remember?”

Mark remembered the guy Jackson was talking about. He was a nice man and kinda fun to talk with…a little peculiar at time but all around good guy.

            “What about him?”

            “Well, he’s been asking me about you…”

            “He did?”

            “Yeah…”

            “About what?”

            “Y’know…the usual…how are you doing these days…about work…”

Mark kinda knows what’s coming seeing how Jackson was acting right now.

            “Jackson, can you please stop beating around the bush? You know I hate that…”

            “Ok, ok…he was asking if you’re seeing anyone at the moment…he thought maybe you wanna go out with him sometimes…”

            “What are you? Cupid’s right hand man?” Mark stared at Jackson.

            “No…I’m just a middle man…trying to help a friend…”

            “Why didn’t he call me instead then? Rather having you asking me…”

            “He wanted to but he was afraid he might get rejected…”

            “Well, I have to say…”

            “Are you gonna go out with him?”

            “Um…no…I can’t…”

            “Why not?” there’s obvious disappointment in Jackson’s voice. “Are you still not over Youngjae? It’s already a few months and the way I see it, he already moved on…”

            “Here’s the thing…I’m over Youngjae…completely moved on from him…”

            “Then what’s the reason?”

            “I’m dating someone right now and I don’t think my boyfriend gonna like the idea of me going out with another guy.”

            “Oh…you’re dating…you what?” Jackson shrieked.

            “I’m in a relationship…I’m dating a guy right now.”

            “Who is he? And why I only know about this now?”

            “It’s not that long since we started dating seriously…”

            “Do I know him?”

            “Maybe…but you missed the chance to meet him during the inauguration party…”

            “He’s there?”

            “Yeah…”

           “Who is he?”

“The only son of Chairman Park…”

            “Chairman Park of Park Holdings? Our merger company?”

Mark nodded.

            “I didn’t know Jihoon hyung’s wife had a brother…”

            “Well neither did I…long story short, we’re dating now…so you have to tell Taehyung the bad news…”

            “We’re gonna have lunch together today because you owe me a story man…”

            “Sure…” Mark smiled.

It’s gonna be a hella long lunch then.

**************************************

Jinyoung walked into the restaurant and his mom is nowhere to be found. He chose the farthest table in the restaurant and patiently waiting for his mom to arrive. He was looking at the menu when a tall man came to his table.

            “Park Jinyoung?” he asked.

            “Yes I am…” Jinyoung answered in confusion. He never saw the man before and the fact that he knows his name baffled him.

            “I’m Jaehyung…Mrs. Park said that you’re expecting me…”

            “I am?”

            “May I?”

            “Sure…”

Jaehyung took a seat in front of Jinyoung.

            “I’m sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable or anything…I was being assured that you kinda know I’m coming here…”

            “Well, my mom said that we’ll be having lunch together…so I thought she’d be here…instead of you…”

            “Are you disappointed?”

            “No…not at all…it’s nothing wrong in making new friends…don’t you think so?”

            “Yeah…so, should we order something? I’m kinda starving…”

            “Me too…”

Jinyoung learned that Jaehyung is the son of one of his mother’s business associates. He just came back from studying abroad and currently working at one of the top law firm in the city. They had a pleasant conversation about a lot of things and surprising sharing a few favorites in common.

            “So this is what it’s like going for a blind date huh…” Jaehyung said as they were having desserts.

            “Pretty much…I haven’t been to one in years and I never thought my mom would set this up…”

            “Well, my mom been pestering me with marriage questions since I finish my studies…she said it better to settle down sooner than later…”

            “My mom said that too…but Jae…I have to say something…”

            “What is it?”

            “I’m already seeing someone right now…”

            “You are?”

            “Yeah…we’re just going steady and most people around us didn’t know about this yet…”

            “Well, I was hoping we could continue with this…”

            “I’m sorry Jae…”

            “It’s okay…I was just kidding…actually, I kinda like someone else at my office…my assistant actually…”

            “You do?”

            “Yup…I just don’t know how to make the first move though…I’m kinda hopeless in these kinds of things…although I know he liked me too…”

            “Just ask him out for lunch…and work through it…”

            “Are you sure? I mean…I don’t want to scare him or anything…”

            “Just keep it casual…I’m pretty sure he’s gonna like it…”

            “Well, I’m gonna take your advice on that then…”

Later…

Mrs. Park was just finishing her work when she saw her son walking in from the clear wall of her office.

            “Good afternoon Mrs. Park…your son is here to see you…” Jinyoung said as he walked in.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

Mrs. Park got up and hugged her son tightly.

            “How was lunch with Jaehyung?” she asked, sitting next to Jinyoung on the sofa.

            “A blind date mom? Really?”

            “It’s not that uncommon…so, how was he? Is he nice?”

            “Jae is nice…but I don’t think it’s gonna work out between us…”

            “Why not?” she frowned.          

            “Well, one; he liked somebody else…and two; I’m already seeing someone right now.”

            “You do? Who?”

            “A guy…”

            “I know it’s a guy! But who?”

            “It’s Mark…”

            “Mark? I think I’ve heard that name before…”

            “You’ve met him mom…Mark Tuan…”

            “Mark Tuan? VP of Tuan Holdings? Dorine’s son?”

Jinyoung nodded.

            “How long has it been?”

            “Two weeks give and take…”

            “Okay…I never saw that coming…but when your sister said you left the party with him…I had my suspicion…is he good to you?”

            “He’s great mom…”

That evening…

Mark smiled when Jinyoung got into the passenger seat.

            “Sorry I’m late…the meeting was longer than I expected…” he leaned and kissed Jinyoung on the lips.

            “It’s ok…I also had things to do so no harm done there…”

As they were heading back…

            “My mom knows about us…” Jinyoung said, glancing at Mark.

            “She does? How?”

            “Well, she set me up on a blind date with a guy today…son of her business associates…nice guy, looks like Chicken Little in a way…”

Jinyoung noticed the change of expression on Mark’s face.

            “Okay, before you go all jealous on me…I told him that I’m seeing someone and he too like somebody else…so win-win situation for us.”

            “That’s a relief…”

            “And I told my mom about us…she was surprised but since she knows you, I think we’re good…”

            “Looks like I’m gonna have to pay her a proper visit, now that I’m dating her son…”

            “And I’m pretty sure by now; the news of us dating is spreading like wild fire…”

            “And I could only imagine about the looks on their face…”

            “Yeah…”

 

 

Another filler chapter...so their families know about the dating news....

Should I do chapter next? Stay tuned for the update! ^_^

Happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!