EIGHTEEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “What the hell is this?”

Mark was startled when Tammy barged into his office unannounced that morning.

            “Jeez! I know you’re my sister but don’t you know how to knock? My office has a door!”

            “That’s not what I want to hear! Can you explain what the hell is going on?”
Tammy tossed a tabloid paper on his desk.

            “What?” Mark puzzled.

            “Look at the front page title!”

Mark flipped the tabloid and the headline caught his eyes.

SINGER CHOI YOUNGJAE CONFIRMED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A MUSIC PRODUCER.

His swallowed hard as he read the news.

            “I thought you’re dating him…” Tammy stared at him.

            “Well, not anymore…the tabloid says otherwise.” Mark folds the tabloid and put it away.

            “Yi En!”

            “What else do you want me to say noona? Youngjae and I broke up a week ago…”

            “But the news said that he and the producer has been seeing each other for a few months…has he been cheating on you this whole time?”

Mark fell silent.

            “I guess its right then…I knew that jerk was good for nothing!” Tammy jeered. All the bad feelings she had for Youngjae was true after all.

            “It’s all in the past noona…I’m done with him…I’ve moved on…”

            “Are you sure Mark? Two years is not a short period…”

            “I know…but there’s nothing good would come if I let myself down…I mean…it does hurt but I learned to deal with it.”

Tammy got up from her seat and went towards Mark and gave him a hug.

            “I’m proud of you little brother. Don’t worry, there’s someone better for you out there…”

            “I know…I’m glad I didn’t bring him over and introduce him to mom and dad…”

            “Yeah…and just pray that I didn’t see him anytime soon or my heels gonna send him to the hospital…” Tammy gritted her teeth in suppressed anger.

Later that day…in a café downtown…

            “I heard about the news today…” Jackson said.

            “About that…I’m so sorry man…I should’ve listened to you…how could I be so stupid?” Mark sighed. He felt guilty towards Jackson.

            “Hey, anybody could be a fool when it comes to love…including you…” Jackson smiled.

            “But still…I wished I listened to you sooner…”

            “How are you holding up then?”

            “I’m ok I guess…I’m over him…still hurt like but I’m getting better…”

            “I don’t know how you could even date that guy…you two are polar opposites…” Jackson shook his head. He remembered the first time Mark told him that he and Youngjae started dating. Shock was the least thing he felt that time.

            “Haven’t you heard of opposite attracts? Well, at least to my side that is…”

            “Don’t worry man…you’ll find someone good soon…or should I set you up with someone…I do know a few guys…”

            “I think I’m gonna hold on the whole dating stuff for a while now…”

            “Really?”

            “Yea…after everything that happened…I don’t think I’m ready to be in another relationship…”

Meanwhile…

            “Do I have to noona?” Jinyoung stared at his older sister.

            “Just this once Jinyoung ah…you just give the present I got for Hani, stayed around for half an hour and then you can leave…” she said while looking at the flowers inside the coolers.

            “But I don’t feel like going out tonight…”

            “Please…” she blinked at him repeatedly, making cute faces.

            “That moves only work on your husband…not me.”

            “C’mon Junior…you need to go out sometimes…it’s not healthy cooped up in your house like that…please, Hani is a great friend of mine, I wanted to be at her gallery opening but I have important meeting tonight…you’re the only one I can count on…” Jinsol said.

            “Ok fine…I’ll do it…” Jinyoung finally gave in.

            “Really?”

            “Yea…”

            “Great!” Jinsol hugged Jinyoung tightly. “I love you Junior…you’re really a life savior…” she kissed his cheek. “I’ll send you a driver at 7…”

            “Okay…”

            “Now…I need that 1 dozen of those yellow roses, trimmed and wrapped up…”

            “Sure…hold on for a sec…”

            “Thank you Jinyoung ah…I really owe you one…” she hugged him again.

That night…

           “Thank you for the ride ajusshi…” Jinyoung said as he got out of the luxury limo.

           “No problem Jinyoungie…it’s good to see you…” the elderly man smiled, closing the passenger’s door.

           “Me too…”

          “So, what time should I pick you up?”

          “It’s okay…I’ll take the taxi home…”

          “Are you sure? But Miss Jinsol said…”

          “It’s ok ajusshi…I’m meeting a friend after this…”

          “If you say so…but if you change your mind, call me ok?” the man patted Jinyoung’s arm.

          “Will do…thank you…”

Jinyoung fixed the suit he was wearing before entering the venue. He was greeted by the host and looked around for a familiar face, but sadly found no one.

*Looks like I’m gonna be alone then…*

            “Jinyoung ah…”

He heard someone calling his name. He turned around and saw a woman walking towards him.

            “Hani noona…”

            “Jinsol said you were coming…” she said hugging him. “Looking good baby boy…”

            “You too noona…where’s Junsu hyung?”

            “Around somewhere…probably with his friends…”

            “Nice gallery noona…I don’t know much about arts but these are impressive…”

            “Thanks…”

            “Here…Jinsol noona told me to give you these…” Jinyoung gave Hani a neatly wrapped box.

            “Aww…she shouldn’t have…I better give her a call later…um…I gotta go, there’s food and drinks…enjoy yourself…”

When Hani is gone, Jinyoung walked around the huge gallery looking at the various paintings hung on the wall.

            “Thank you for coming Mark…” Junsu hugged the younger man in front of him. “A busy man like you surely has a lot of work to do…”

            “It’s ok hyung…I’m free anyway…nice work you got here hyung…Hani noona must be so happy…”

            “Well, I do feel like he loves the gallery more than me…” Junsu smiled.

            “Could be…”

Mark was looking around at a painting on the second floor when someone stood next to him.

            “Sin? How could this be sin?”

He turned and saw Jinyoung.

            “Jinyoung ah…” he said, surprised.

            “Hey Mark…” Jinyoung smiled. “I saw you talking to Junsu hyung just now…”

            “You know him?”

            “Yeah…his wife was a good friend with my older sister…which is the reason I’m here at the first place…”

            “Really? That’s unexpected…you’ve been here for a while I guess…”

            “Not really…around ten minutes or so…” Jinyoung stared at the painting. “I don’t get it…how could this be sin? I mean…look at it…”

            “Well…I’m not an expert at art so I can’t help you with that…” Mark giggled.

They talked and walked around the gallery, poking fun trying to interpret the painting on their own.

            “Looking at these intricate paintings made my head hurts…” Mark shook his head.

            “Me too…”

            “Hey, you wanna leave? Let’s go have a drink or something…”

            “Sure…um…I need to go to the bathroom really quick…”

            “Okay…I’ll wait for you at the stairs…”

Jinyoung head down to the bathroom and Mark went towards the staircase. Leaning against the wall, he patiently waiting for Jinyoung.

            “Hold on…something stuck on my shoes…”

Mark recognized the voice. He looked and saw Youngjae, walking up the stairs holding hands with a man.

            “Youngjae…”

            “Mark…what are you doing here?” Youngjae asked.

            “Junsu hyung invited me…” Mark looked at the guy next to Youngjae. “So, this is the producer they talked about…”

Then…

            “Let’s go…but I need to bid farewell to Hani noona first…otherwise she would blow up…”

Jinyoung’s eyes darted towards the pair in front of them. His breath hitched.

            “Jaebum ah…” he looked at the intertwined hands of the two.

Sudden sharp feeling tugged at the corner of his chest. He recognized the man Jaebum was with…he was a famous solo artist in the country, Choi Youngjae.

            “Ji…Jinyoung…”

Four pairs of eyes exchanged gazes. Neither of them believed what is happening in front of them.

 

 

Finally an update!!! Sorry that this took so long...I've been stuck with writers' block...but don't worry, I'll make sure I'll update this story as frequently as I possibly can...

Enjoy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!