FIVE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

Jinyoung woke up and felt the space next to him empty. He looked over and saw a note on the bedside table.

Hey babe…I’m truly sorry, but something urgent came up and I have to settle a few things at a friend’s studio. I know I promised that we’ll go out but this is something that I can’t avoid. I’ll try to come back as early as I can but if you get bored alone the room, just go out and enjoy the island. Just use this card ok? Love ya!

*I should’ve known better…* Jinyoung lazily get out of bed and head to the bathroom. After a quick shower and a change of clothes, he went to the balcony. The sky was blue and the weather was nice and cool. After debating with himself whether just to stay in the room or going out, Jinyoung chose to go out and enjoy what the island has to offer. Although he liked to do all of the activities with Jaebum, looks like he was on his own again. Grabbing his camera, wallet and the card that Jaebum left, he went down to the lobby.

The day started okay with Jinyoung. He went to the town and rented a bicycle to explore the island since the main tourist attraction was close to one another. He enjoyed the scenery along the way and soon he was forgetting all the troubles he had with Jaebum.

Evening…

            “And cut!” the director yelled.

Mark looked over and watched as Youngjae walked under the shade tended by his assistants. He stood a few meters away, a little farther than bustling people at the filming site, the hotel’s private beach.

He knew that Youngjae had a busy day but he just can’t take his eyes off the guy. A few reporters were there and he was careful not getting photographed by them. It would cause such commotion if he did. Mark took his phone and typed a text.

Looking good today babe…as any superstar should be. XOXO

            He winked when Youngjae turned around and their eyes met. Mark waved and Youngjae smiled.

A text came to his phone.

My Baby Jae:

Thanks…are you sure you just gonna stand there and watch me? Go explore the island…find interesting places so you can bring me along next time we’re here.

Mark contemplated to leave but soon he decided to take Youngjae’s suggestion and do a tour around the island.

            “Here’s your car Mr. Tuan…” the manager said, handing Mark a key.

            “Thank you for doing this on such short notice Mr. Chae…I really appreciate it.”

            “No problem sir…your assistant already informed us in advanced that you might needed a car to travel…” he said with a smile.

            “Thanks again…” Mark got into the convertible red Mustang and drove away.

The beach was fairly empty since it’s not the peak holiday season. Jinyoung walked along the calm waters, feeling the coldness attacking his toes. How he wished that Jaebum is with him right now.

They’ve been together for over 4 years now. Everything was kinda alright at first, Jaebum is a considerate lover, he’s nice and they get along pretty well. But it’s been different these few months back. Jinyoung felt that their relationship was slowly dying.

He was sitting on a huge rock facing the sea when he felt someone came. He looked to the side and saw a guy wearing a simple jeans and t-shirt sitting next to him. Their eyes met and they smiled to each other.

            “It’s really peaceful here isn’t it?” the guy said.

            “Yeah…”

            “I’m Mark…”

            “Jinyoung…”

They shook hands.

            “I guess you’re not from around here?” Mark said. The guy next to him looked nice so he tried to strike a conversation with him. There’s nothing wrong in making new friends, right?

            “Yeah…from Seoul actually…”

            “Me too...backpacking alone?”

            “Not really…had a boyfriend coming with me but he had to leave for work…”

            “Well, you and both…”

They looked at each other and laughed.

            “Who would’ve thought huh? Two guys met and have the same condition with their significant other…” Jinyoung shook his head.

            “Some twisted fate that is…”

            “First time here?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Not really…came for work numerous times but never for pleasure…what about you?”

            “Second time actually but the first time I got here is not a good memory for me.”

            “What happened? If you don’t mind me asking.” Mark scooted closer.

            “Well…it’s supposed to be a weekend getaway with my boyfriend but instead I spend it in the hospital for food poisoning.” Jinyoung still cringed at the memory.

            “Ouch! That must’ve been bad.”

            “Kinda…so I thought it’s gonna be different this time but I guess it doesn’t…still alone.” He sighed.

            “At least you’re not in the hospital…that’s a good thing right?”

            “I guess you right…”

The two sat there talking and soon Jinyoung found himself feeling comfortable talking to the new stranger.

            “So, where do you work at?” Jinyoung asked.

            “My father’s company…just a small family owned business…”

            “Cool…”       

            “What about you?”

            “Me? I own a flower shop…”

            “You do? You don’t look like one…”

            “What do I look like then?” Jinyoung narrowed his eyebrows.

            “Um…more like a café owner, a barista of his own coffee shop…you have this vibe…”

            “Hate to crush your bubbles…” Jinyoung giggled. “I’m not near a barista…I can’t make proper coffee to save my life. But I can make a good cup of tea…”

            “Really? That’s a skill too…not everyone can make a good cup of tea…just asks my older sister…”

A text came to Mark’s phone.

            “Excuse me for a sec…” Mark opened the text and it’s from Youngjae.

My Baby Jae:

My filming ended early but I had to be somewhere else…maybe we could meet later tonight over at your suite.

Mark smiled.

            “Good news from the boyfriend?” Jinyoung said.

            “Kinda…um…I gotta go now…” Mark got up. “Nice meeting you Jinyoung ssi…”

            “Same here…” Jinyoung nodded.

            “I’ll see you soon?”

            “Yeah…”Jinyoung watched when Mark walked away towards the parking area.

Jinyoung was cycling back to the hotel when he saw a car by the roadside a few meters ahead of him. His Good Samaritan instinct kicked in and made him stopped to offer his help.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Jinyoung ssi?”

Mark was losing his patience when the car suddenly stopped out of nowhere. He went out and saw the flat back tire. He opened the trunk and there’s no spare tire for him to change. Trying to call for help, his phone suddenly stopped working.

            “Damn it!”

He was at dead end when someone stopped.

            “I didn’t know we’re gonna meet again this soon…” Jinyoung said, getting off his bicycle.

            “Me neither…just when I get the good news, this happened.” Mark kicked the back tire.

            “No spare tire?”

            “I guess the owner forgot about it…”

            “Um…I’m actually staying at the Four Seasons…”

            “You do? I stay there too.” Mark’s eyes lit up.

            “Ok…since I don’t have my phone with me…if you don’t mind riding a bike…”

            “But it’s a good few kilometers away from where we are right now…are you sure?”

            “Yeah…I could use some good exercise and maybe we could switch along the way…”

            “Sounds good to me…”

45 minutes later they arrived at the hotel.

            “That was some ride…” Mark hopped off.

            “Yeah…”

            “Thanks for the help…I might be stranded there if you’re not around…”

            “Just doing my good deeds…it’s already late…I should probably go…”

            “Thank you again…”

            “No problem…” Jinyoung smiled.

 

An update to celebrate my 100+ subbers!!!

Mark and Jinyoung finally me with each other...how will it turn out for the both of them? Stay tuned!!!

Flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!