THIRTY

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

             “Hyung, another delivery for you…”

Jinyoung stopped his track hearing Seokmin’s words. He looked at the counter, a single yellow rose with a card attached to it.

            “Thank you Seokmin ah…”

He went towards the counter and picked up the rose. He opened the card and sighed.

            “Jaebum hyung again?” Seungkwan asked.

            “Yeah…”

            “He certainly trying to make up for lost time…I don’t see him sending you any of those while you’re with him.”

Jinyoung stared at the rose. It’s been a week and he kept receiving flowers sent from Jaebum.

Later that afternoon…

            “He went to see you?” Wonho said, looking at Jinyoung.

            “Yeah…I told Mark about it…”

            “How did he take it?”

            “He’s ok I guess…”

            “Then what’s the problem?”

            “He’s been sending me these flowers almost every day for the past week and I don’t know what to do.”

            “Maybe I should send Hyunwoo to talk some sense into that kid…”

            “I think Hyunwoo hyung would do more than just talking…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “That could happen…did Jaebum say anything to you? I mean in the card…”

            “Not much…he said he wanted to be friends…”

            “Friends? Maybe he was truly sorry for whatever happened between the two of you…”

            “Maybe…but who knows…it’s Jaebum we’re talking about…he’s unpredictable…”

            “True…” Wonho nodded.

            “What do I have to do now hyung? Mark is not gonna be happy if he knew about this…”

            “Well…just ignore him for the time being…I’m sure he’ll stop if you don’t react to his actions…”

            “I hope so…”

*********************************

            “I’m glad we’ve come to the agreement Mr. Tuan…” an older man said while shaking Mark’s hand.

            “Me too Mr. Yoo…so, my assistant will call you with the details as soon as possible…”

            “I’ll be waiting…”

Mark bowed as the man walked away to the exit.

            “You’ve done it again boss…” Hansol said with a smile.

            “No…we’ve done it…good job Hansol… Mark patted his assistant’s back. “Get all the details ready by next week and remind me to review it first…”

            “Yes sir…”

            “It’s getting late…your boyfriend gonna be mad at me for making his boyfriend working extra hours…”

            “Seungkwan hyung can be too dramatic sometimes…”

            “That means he care for you…a lot…you can go now…I’ll see you tomorrow at the office…”

            “Yes sir…”

Hansol bowed and left.

Mark was walking down the corridor when he bumped into someone.

            “Sorry…my fault…” he apologized..

            “No, no…don’t worry…”

            “Oh…Junhyuk ah…”

            “Mark hyung…”

The two shook hands.

            “Good to see you Junhyuk ah…” Mark always liked Youngjae’s younger brother. He was nice and full with manners…although he could be serious and strict in his manager mode.

            “You too hyung…” Junhyuk sighed, looking at his phone. “Damn it! Why did it have to happen now?”

            “Is something wrong?”

            “Youngjae hyung came here to see a drama producer discussing about OST project and somehow his fans found out about it…they’re crowding the lobby and to make matter worse, our van just broke down on the expressway…”

            “Youngjae is here?”

            “Yeah…he’s in the VIP lounge…I gotta go hyung…I’ll see you again hyung…”

Junhyuk hugged him and walked towards the elevator.

            “Junhyuk ah, wait up…” Mark called.

In the hotel’s private basement parking lot…

            “Thank you for doing this hyung…I appreciate it a lot…”

            “No problem Junhyuk ah…gotta help people in need…”

            “I’m so glad that this is his final schedule for the day…”

             “So, I’ll call you later…”

Youngjae startled a little when Mark got into the driver’s seat. He didn’t expect to see Mark when Junhyuk said he have a friend willing to help them.

            “So, where should I send you?” Mark asked, while fastening his seatbelt.

            “Here…” Youngjae put in the address in the navigation device.

            “Buckle up then…”

The ride was quiet since the two of them were lost for words to say to each other.

            “How have you been?” Mark asked, breaking the silence. He really didn’t know what to say and that was the only thing popped into his mind.

            “Good…”

            “Schedules?”

            “Pretty hectic now…since I’m working on new stuff…”

Their eyes met for a brief second and both of them looked away.

            “Thank you…” Youngjae said.

            “For what?”

            “This…”

            “No problem…anything to help a friend…”

45 minutes later, they arrived at Youngjae’s apartment building.

            “Thank you again…” Youngjae said, getting out of the SUV. Mark followed suit.

            “No problem…call Junhyuk and tell him that you’ve arrived…”

            “I will…”

Youngjae put the coffee mug on the table and sat down on the couch. His mind reeled back to what happened earlier today. He didn’t know Mark would be the one that gonna helped him when Junhyuk said he got a friend willing to drop him off at home. He remembered how good Mark looked that day…he got the same smile, the familiar scent that Mark always wore…it took him back when he and Mark were together.

*Those were the good days…* he sighed.

It’s already 2 am when Jaebum got back home from the studio. He walked into the penthouse and saw Youngjae falling asleep on the couch. He went closer and saw Youngjae was asleep while holding his phone.

Jaebum wanted to wake Youngjae up but he came to a halt when he saw the picture on the phone’s screen…it was a picture of Youngjae with Mark, together. They’re shirtless, arms around each other with Youngjae’s head leaned on Mark’s bare chest.

*You were falling asleep looking at this? I guess I’m not the only one that thinking this is going nowhere…*

 

Looks like 2Jae having second thought...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!

BBYONG!!!