NINE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “Thank you for coming…” Jinyoung said while watching his last customer walked out of the door.

            “Hyung, I’ve already sort the flowers for Ms. Moon and Gina noona’s hand bouquet…” Seungkwan smiled.

            “Did you label them?”

            “Yup!”

Seokmin came from the back.

            “And I’ve cleaned the cooler as you said…”

            “Great…you two can go out for lunch break now…”

            “Thanks hyung…” Seungkwan and Seokmin said in unison.

            “Be back in an hour and don’t be late…”

            “Yes sir!”

The two left and Jinyoung was alone at the shop. He walked out and saw the potted plants he got on the stairs up leading to the door. He grabbed the pipe and watered the plant. Jinyoung always liked gardening, it’s his own way of stress reliever and to actually see the plants growing and starts bearing flowers and small crops, he is the happiest person on earth.

He was watering the plants when something came to his head. It’s been bothering him since yesterday.

Flashback

Jinyoung was doing the laundry when he went back to the bedroom and heard Jaebum talking on the phone. He pressed his ears closer to the door and tried to pick up what he was saying.

            “I can’t…I know…I want to meet you too but I can’t…just give me some time ok? Look sunshine, I love you too…I do…but there are things that I need to take care before we could be together…”

He turned back around when he saw Jaebum walking towards the door.

End of Flashback

*Who was he talking to?* Jinyoung wondered. Jaebum has gotten a lot secretive these few days and Jinyoung is getting suspicious. He didn’t want to think the worst but somehow his mind went to that direction.

*Is he seeing someone else?*

*No Jinyoung ah! You’re just being paranoid! Jaebum wouldn’t do that to you!* he shook his head.

*Would he?*

            “Excuse me!”

A male voice pulled Jinyoung back to reality. He looked down and saw a man getting wet from the pipe he was holding. Apparently, Jinyoung accidentally spraying the man below while he’s deep in thought.

            “Oh my god!” Jinyoung quickly turn off the water tap and ran down the stairs towards the guy.

            “I’m so sorry sir! I didn’t mean to…”

            “Jinyoung ssi?”

Jinyoung looked and it was Mark, the guy he met at Jeju couple of weeks ago.

            “Mark ssi…”

Inside the shop…

            “Here…”

Mark took the towel and dried his wet hair. He was standing by the roadside remembering where did he parked his car when suddenly he felt water raining down on him. He looked up on a platform behind him, he saw someone holding a water pipe, hosing him down instead of the plants in front of him.

            “I’m so sorry Mark ssi…I didn’t know you were down there…”

            “Just drop the whole ‘ssi’ thing…you’re making me sound old…” Mark smiled.

            “Sorry…”

            “So, this is your shop?” Mark looked around. The shop was cozy, it has a unique look to it and just scream Jinyoung all over it. Nice, quiet and warm, just like him.

            “Yeah…it’s small but I can’t complain since it’s mine…”

            “I like it…it’s so you…”

            “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

            “It is…”

            “What are you doing here anyway?”

            “I just had lunch with a friend of mine but I seem to forget where I parked my car…”

            “Well, this is tricky neighborhood…the alley looked the same…”

Jinyoung put two mug of warm tea on the counter top.

            “Here…it’s jasmine tea…hope it’s fine with you.”

            “Thanks…” Mark took a sip. “This is nice…you do make a good cup of tea.”

Jinyoung chuckled.

            “Told ya…um…thanks anyway.”

            “For what?”

            “That compliment food trolley back in Jeju…”

            “Oh, that…it’s nothing compared to your help…did you two enjoy it?”

            “Yeah…” Jinyoung lied. He felt that Mark doesn’t need to know the huge fight behind it.

******************************

            “Go fetch!” Mark threw a soft chew toy across the room. Coco quickly went towards it, bites it and went back to Mark. “Good girl!” he scratched behind Coco’s ears, earing barks from her.

Mark picked up the dog and put it on his lap, rubbing its belly. He glanced over at the clock and it’s already 2 in the morning. He tried calling Youngjae but no one picking up the phone.

He got up, went the corner of the living room and put Coco in her little pen, before switching off the lights. He was ready to go to his bedroom when he heard the front door opened.

When Youngjae came in reeking of alcohol, Mark almost lost it.

*This is why he didn’t pick up the damn phone.*

            “Hey babe…” Youngjae said, taking small steps, holding on the sofa to stable himself.

            “Youngjae…have you been drinking?”

            “Yeah…I’m going to sleep…annyeong…”

Youngjae staggered to room. When Mark arrived, Youngjae already sprawled on the bed, dozing off, and face down. Mark flipped him around, taking off his jacket and socks before pulling the blanket over him.

A text came to Youngjae’s phone.

Mark was debating whether to ignore the text bit then curiosity got the best of him. He took Youngjae’s phone and swiped the screen.

From: y Soul Man

I love you Choi Youngjae! I love you more than him!

Mark stared at the phone not knowing what to do.

 

An update! MarkJin meet again...stay tuned for the next chapter!!!

Happy reading!!!

BBYONG!!!