TWENTY-EIGHT

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “When you asked me out to hangout on Sunday morning, I didn’t think that we’re gonna be here…” Mark said, looking around the surrounding.

            “What’s wrong with being here?” Jinyoung looked at him.

The two were sitting between tall book shelves in the public library, with Jinyoung engrossed in a book while Mark was getting bored.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark scooted closer.

            “Hmm?” Jinyoung replied without looking as his eyes were focused on the words written on the pages of the book.

            “Babe…” Mark playfully ran his hand on Jinyoung’s thigh.

Jinyoung quickly swatted Mark’s hand causing the guy to pout.

            “We’re in public babe…”

            “Urghhh…” Mark lay down on the carpeted floor, with his head on Jinyoung’s lap.

            “Are you really that bored?” Jinyoung said, putting his book down. He gently caressed Mark’s cheek.

            “I’m surrounded with files and documents all day long and now this? I mean…I couldn’t even make out with you here…” he sighed.

            “Please babe…just another hour…I just need to catch up with my reading…”

            “Can’t we just buy the book? We don’t have to be stuck in here…”

            “It’s not the same…ok, tell you what…let me finish this book and then we can leave…”

            “Promise?”

            “Promise!” Jinyoung kissed the tip of Mark’s nose. “Thank you…”

Mark reached for a book and lay back down on Jinyoung’s lap. He read a few lines but soon he felt like his eyelids getting heavier. Jinyoung looked down and saw Mark had fallen asleep with a book still in his hands and he smiled at the sight. It’s just too cute. He sneakily took out his phone and snapped a picture. Smiling looking at the photo, Jinyoung put his phone back into his pocket and resume his reading, letting Mark dozing off.

Late afternoon…

            “Are you that happy spending your time at the library?” Mark glanced at Jinyoung next to him. They were in Mark’s car, heading back from the library.

            “Yup…it’s always been one of my favorite places…thank you for coming with me…I know you’re bored to death in there…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “Count me out the next time you’re planning on going…”

            “Nope! I’m gonna drag you with me…whether you like it or not…”

Mark just laughed. He knew that he would go there again even if Jinyoung didn’t ask him to.

            “So, did you see the news about us?” Mark asked.

            “Yeah…I never thought that I would be on TV…and featured as the new A-list couple on top of that…” Jinyoung still couldn’t believe what he saw couple of days ago.

            “That’s what you get for dating someone as hot as me…” Mark grinned.

            “Yeah right…Mark Tuan, one of Seoul’s top eligible bachelors…it’s funny how I didn’t know anything about you before…and after seeing the news…I’m glad I snatched you off the market…”

            “And glad that you did…” Mark took Jinyoung’s hand and kissed the back of the palm.

            “So, what’s next?”

            “I thought maybe we could have late lunch at Wonho hyung’s place…that guy had been calling me to come over…”

            “Good idea…since I’m starving…”

            “Let’s go then…

****************************************

            “What else do you want from me?” Jaebum yelled out in frustration.

            “Can’t you understand? I have schedules to meet and I can’t do these petty things!” Youngjae said in equally loud voice.

            “Petty things? It’s dinner with my family! How could you say that petty?”

            “Ok, your mom hates me! I mean…she literally compared me to your trash ex! Saying that guy was so great and I’m nothing like him!”

            “Jinyoung is not a trash!”

            “So you’re on his side now?” Youngjae glared at the man in front of him.

            “I’m not!”

            “You just defended him!”

            “Youngjae…”

            “No! Face the fact Jaebum! I will never be accepted by your family! They hated me!”

            “They don’t hate you…”

            “Oh really? I don’t think so…your mom sure does not say otherwise…” Youngjae crossed his arms.

            “Then what do you want me to do?”

            “Choose!”

            “Choose?” Jaebum’s eyes went wide. Did he just hear that right?

            “Yes! Choose! It’s me or your family…”

            “Are you out of your freakin mind?”

            “What’s so hard for you to choose? Me or your family?”

            “You can’t do that to me! You can’t make me choose between you or my family! They’re my parents and I’m their only child! They’re the most important things in my life!”

            “So you’re saying that I’m not important?”

            “You’re being childish Youngjae!”

            “Am I?”

            “Know what…I’m not in the mood for this stupid thing anymore…” Jaebum grabbed his jacket from the couch and head to the front door. “I’m going out…”

With a slam on the door, Youngjae was alone in the house.

The fights they had become worse these few weeks. Jaebum was at dead end with Youngjae unreasonable behavior. He loved him but right now, he even questioned it all over again. Did he make a bad choice?

His phone rings and his mom were on the screen.

            “Hey mom…”

            “Son…I was just wondering…are you coming for dinner tomorrow night?” Mrs. Im asked.

            “I dunno…I’m kinda busy now at the studio and Youngjae have schedule in Ilsan…”

            “Just come alone then…I don’t want to say this but…why are you with him? I don’t like him…”

He could see his mom’s sour face at the other side of the line.

            “Mom, can we not do this now? What’s wrong with Youngjae anyway?”

            “He’s a home-wrecker…look what he did to you and Jinyoung…”

            “Mom…if you just calling me and say bad things about Youngjae…”

            “Don’t give me that tone young man! I’m your mother!”

            “Look I gotta go…I’ll call you later about the dinner…”

            “Jaebum! Im Jaebum!”

Jaebum disconnected the call and tossed his phone on the empty passenger seat.

Half an hour later…

Jaebum’s eyes went to the familiar window on the 7th floor of the apartment building. The house was bright telling him that the tenant was still up. He looked at the watch on his dashboard and it’s already 11.30pm.

*He should be sleeping right now…*

As if it was on cue, the light was off.

            “As expected…”

Jaebum stayed for a while and when he was about to drive away, he saw a male figure walking out from the main lobby.

            “What is he doing out at this time?” he got out of his car and followed the guy.

In a mart a block away...

            “Annyeonghasaeyo…” Jinyoung greeted as he entered the small mart. “Ajumma…”

            “Jinyoung ah…” an elderly lady behind the counter smiled at him. “This is a surprise…”

            “I know…” Jinyoung saw a bouquet of dried roses on the back shelve. “Oh…you still have those flowers I gave you…”

            “How could I throw it away? A good looking young man gave those to me…” she said.

            “I’m good looking?”

            “Yes…I wish I had a son so I could pair him up with you…”

            “I’m sorry ajumma but I’m off the market now…”

            “That’s a pity…I’d love to have you as my son-in-law…”

Jinyoung picked up a few things from the mart and paid them before leaving. He was heading back when a call came to his phone.

            “Hey babe…” he said, smiling.

            “Whatcha doin’?”

            “Nothing…I was heading home from the mart actually…had some craving for chips…”

            “Mart? At this time of the night?” Mark’s voice sounded surprised and concerned. “Alone?”

            “Who else gonna be with me? I do live alone remember?” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “You could’ve called me…stay right there…I’m coming to get you…”

            “It’s ok babe…the mart is just a block away…you don’t have to be worry…”

            “How could I not be? You’re alone on the street…anything could happen…”

            “Mark Tuan Yi-En…stop being so paranoid. I could see my apartment now…” Jinyoung lied. “Stop worrying…you’re worse than my mom…”

            “Call me when you get home…”

            “I will…”

Jinyoung hang up and continued walking. He was reaching a corner when he felt someone was following him. Clutching the plastic bags tightly against his chest, Jinyoung quickened his pace.

The figure behind him got closer.

            “I know taekwondo! And judo!”

Jinyoung blabbered when he felt a touch on his arm. He flailed his arm, trying to get away from the grip. His heart beating like crazy and he was getting ready to fight back with all his might if the person tried to harm him.

            “It’s me Jinyoung ah!”

            “Jaebum?”

 

An update!!!

Jaebum went back to see Jinyoung...what will happen? Stay tuned for the next chapter!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box as usual!!!

BBYONG!!!