TWENTY-THREE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

Youngjae looked around the huge office and amazed with the magnificent view from where he was standing. He never once visited Mark’s office in the two years they were together, afraid that it will get caught by the press. And now, he’s here.

            “Youngjae…”

He turned around and saw Mark walking in.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I came to see you…”

            “This is a surprise…this is the last place I expected to see you…” Mark took off his coat and hung it on the steel hanger at the corner of his office.

            “I sense a sarcastic tone in that…”

            “Oh really? I didn’t know…”

            “And that too…”

            “I guess I learn it somehow…” Mark pushed the intercom button on his desk. “Hansol…”

            “Yes sir?”

            “Can you get a cup of coffee for my guest? Two sugar no cream…”

            “Right away sir.”

            “Thank you…”

Mark went to the sofa.

            “You still remember how I take my coffee…” Youngjae smiled, as he sat across Mark.

            “There’s certain thing that stuck in my mind I guess…and that probably one of them…”

A few minutes later Hansol came with a coffee on a small tray.

            “Thank you Hansol…”

            “You’re welcome sir…”

            “And please hold all my calls…”

            “Yes sir…”

Hansol bowed and left.

            “Cute assistant you get there…” Youngjae said, taking off his big shades and place it on the table. “Mixed blood?”

            “Yeah…his father is American and Korean mom…hence the look. I bet you’re here not to discuss about my assistant…why are you here Youngjae?”

            “Did you tell anyone about us breaking up?”

            “If you’re asking me if I tell a certain portal site about us…I mean, our whole situation…you’ve come to the wrong place.”

            “So you’ve seen that piece of news?”

            “Yeah…Jaebum came barging to Jinyoung’s shop today, accusing him doing it…”

            “Jaebum did?”

            “Yeah…and let me tell you one thing…neither me or Jinyoung did it…someone must’ve heard us talking…remember the gallery? It’s filled with people that night…”

            “Somehow I doubt it…”

            “Suit yourself then…” Mark chuckled.

            “What is so funny?” Youngjae cocked an eyebrow.

            “You and Jaebum truly deserve each other…I mean…he went to Jinyoung blaming him and you came here to blame me…and yet we’re the one got who cheated on…” Mark clapped. “Nice…”

            “Are you still mad me for leaving you? We both know our relationship is going nowhere! Your sister hated me; your best friend hated me…”

            “I was ready to face all of that if you just stayed by my side…I know I could win them over…but you’re the one that decided to around behind my back…and when this came out, you’re blaming me? Even I want to do it, I got the right to do so! You cheated on me! I was hurt! But no…I didn’t…”

Mark got up, went to his desk and came back. He put a small black velvet box in front of Youngjae.

            “I was even ready to propose once your album is out…but I guess it’s useless now huh?”

Youngjae stared at the box.

            “Please Youngjae…stop being so selfish.”

Without a word, Youngjae got up, put on his shades and went to the door. Mark leaned over the seat and sighed as he watched Youngjae walked away. He slowly went to his desk and pressed the intercom button.

            “Hansol…”

            “Yes sir?”

            “Can you get me Editor Jang from Daily News portal site contact number? I need to speak with him a.s.a.p.”

            “Right on it sir…”

            “Thank you…”

**************************************

            “We’re here…”

Jinyoung got out of the car and breathe in the fresh countryside air. Mark looked at the vast green view in front of him…only the sound of birds chirping and water flowing down the river greeted his ears. No concrete buildings, busy vehicles and the dusty city environment…just peaceful nature.

            “This is great Jinyoung ah…”

            “See? I told you it worth the trip…it’s been a while since I last been here…almost two years…but nothing changed…” Jinyoung stretched his arms. “This is the perfect place to spend the weekend.”

            “Yeah…Tammy and my nieces gonna love this place…”

            “Maybe we could come here with Jinsol noona and her family too next time…”

            “Sounds like a plan to me…let’s go unload the stuff…”

Jinyoung opened the truck and Mark gasped.

            “What?” Jinyoung frowned.

            “We’re gonna be here just for the night and you pack this much?” Mark looked at things inside Jinyoung’s trunk.

            “It’s not that much…tents, mats, portable stoves, food for us…”

            “You could feed a whole bus load of kids…”

            “It’s never too much when it comes to food…and have you seen the way you eat? I’m still amazed where it all went…”

            “But then again…I could probably finish all of it…”

            “See? So, you want to pitch the tent or cook?”

            “Tent…”

            “Okay…” Jinyoung took the tent bag and gave it to Mark. “I’ll get the food ready then…”

Mark went to a platform a few feet away from the river bank and started to assemble the tent. After a few failure and heavy sighs, the tent is up and he’s quite proud with his achievement.

*Not bad…* Mark smiled as he went into the tent and lay down the thin air-mattress.

            “I’m done…look!” Mark waved.

            “Nice one Mr. VP…you’ve proved me wrong…you did well.”

            “Thanks…how’s the food coming?”

            “Rice is done, I got some side dishes from my mom…all that’s left is the kimchi stew…” Jinyoung stirred the boiling red broth inside the copper pot.

            “Looks good…”

            “And I promise you, the taste is better…”

            “We’ll see about that…”

Couple hours later…

            “How do you know about this place? Mark asked. He and Jinyoung were sitting on a small dock by the riverside, dipping their bare feet into the cold water.

            “Hyunwoo and Wonho hyung…they love to go camping and I followed them once here and fell in love with it…”

            “Ohh…you know…the other day that Jaebum came to your shop…”

            “What about it?”

            “I went back that day and I found Youngjae in my office…he was accusing me the same thing that Jaebum did…”

            “He did?” Jinyoung eyes widened.

            “Yeah…it’s funny isn’t it? To think that two of them doing that…I mean…it’s their fault and we’re the one who got blamed…”

            “Well, people are full of surprises…you never knew what you might discover…”

            “I guess you’re right…that’s enough…let’s not talk about then anymore…it’s our weekend and it’s about us…”

Mark got up and took off his shirt.

            “What are you doing?” Jinyoung said, slightly gulping at the sight of Mark well-defined chest and wash board abs.

*Damn he’s fine!*

            “What do you think I’m doing? We’re here…the water is in front of us…”

Mark took a few steps backward, run with all his might and jumped off the dock into the water. He sunk for a few second and came back up.

            “Woohoo!” he screamed. “This is nice…c’mon…”

            “Ok…”

Jinyoung eventually join Mark and had a blast racing, dunking each other’s head into the water.

Night…

            “Warm enough?” Mark asked, putting a few more dried tree branches into the flame.

            “Yeah…and thanks for dinner…you make a killer ramen…”

            “I told you…I may not be as great as you in cooking, but I do make a mean ramen…”

            “Yeah, yeah…” Jinyoung smiled.

They were sitting next to each other in front of the bonfire that Mark made earlier.

            “This is great Jinyoung ah…thanks for bringing me here…”

            “My pleasure…I’ve been meaning to come here but I had no one to go with…and after those happened this week, I think we both deserved a time out away from the city…”

            “Yeah…”

Jinyoung looked up and the night sky decked with twinkling stars.

            “Wow…I’ve never seen so many stars in life…” he said, admiring the beauty.

            “Yeah…me too…you know…I was wondering…”

            “About what?”

            “What if we didn’t meet in Jeju? Would we still be able to meet later?” Mark looked at Jinyoung.

            “Well…I dunno…maybe we will, maybe not…who knows…”

            “I’ve always wondered how things might be if…” Mark’s voice trailed off.

            “If what?” Jinyoung stared at Mark.

            “If I met you before I met Youngjae and before you met Jaebum…”

Silent.

            “Would we still hit it off as friends like now…or…”

            “Or what?”

            “Or…”

Mark leaned closer and tipped Jinyoung’s chin.

            “Mark…” Jinyoung’s heart started to pound.

*Is he…gonna…how…*

            “Or…as lovers…”

Mark gently kissed Jinyoung’s slightly parted lips. It was a chaste kiss, but enough to send chills down his back. Jinyoung’s lips taste so good.

            “I think I’m falling for you, Mr. Flower Boy…”

 

THEY KISSED!!!! So much progress after the blame game drama with 2Jae...

Double update since I reached my 2 subbers! *confetti rain for me*

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!