THREE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “Are you sure about this?” Mark looked at Youngjae.

            “Yeah…it’s been my childhood dream to have one on my own…”

            “But this is a huge step for us baby…”

            “I know…but it’s just so cute…imagine it running around in house…it’s gonna be fun.” Youngjae’s eyes glowed.

            “There’s so much thing to do if we decided to adopt…”

            “Please baby…” Youngjae looked at him. “Look at her...she’s so cute…how can you not like her?”

Mark’s eyes went to the little white Maltese running in the pen, wagging its tail. Mark likes dogs and to be honest he fell in love with the white Maltese the moment they stepped into the pet shelter. He and Youngjae had been talking about adopting a pet and somehow it’s coming true.

            “Fine…let’s get her…I’m sure we can provide her a good care and home.” Mark said.

            “Thank you, thank you!” Youngjae squealed, lifting the puppy up. “Hey little one…you’re coming with us…”

They decided to name the puppy Coco…no particular reason…it’s just the name suited her in a way.

            “Happy?” Mark glanced over at Youngjae next to him. They were on their way back home.

            “Yeah…” Youngjae gently rubbed the belly of the sleeping puppy in his lap. “She’s such a cutie…”

            “So, how's the new album going?”

            “Great…got another 3 songs to record and then choosing one for the title track…”

            “I’m so glad that you are going back on stage…”

            “Me too…it’s been a year since my last comeback. And I’m sure this album gonna explode.”

            “I can guarantee that…you’re one of the best singers in the country…”

            “You’re just saying that because I’m your boyfriend.”

            “No…I honestly like your voice…especially when you screamed my name in ecstasy…” Mark grinned.

            “ert…” Youngjae nudged Mark’s shoulder.

Mark reached for Youngjae’s left hand and brought it closer to his mouth and gave it a kiss.

            “I love you Choi…”

            “I love you too Tuan…”

**************************************

Jinyoung stared at the bouquet of flowers in front of him with a blank expression on his face. His mind seems to be occupied with something else that didn’t relate to his work as a florist.

            “Hyung, you ok?” Seungkwan asked.

            “I’m…I’m fine…” he quickly finished the flower arrangement and when he was satisfied with his work, he called Seokmin. “Seokmin ah…”

            “Yes hyung?”

            “Please deliver this to this address…” Jinyoung gave a piece of paper to him. “Don’t get lost again…”

            “I won’t!” Seokmin grinned. He took the flowers and went out.

The doorbell chimed a few minutes later.

            “Welcome to Young Bloom…” Jinyoung greeted.

            “Hey Jinyoung…”

            “Hyunwoo hyung!”

Jinyoung walked and gave the guy a hug.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I was in the neighborhood so I thought maybe I could drop by and say hi…”

They went to the little table by the small kitchen.

            “Tea?” Jinyoung offered.

            “Sure…thanks…the place looks great Jinyoung ah…”

            “I tried to make it feel cozy as it can be…how’s your work at the dance academy?” Jinyoung brought a tray with hot tea to the table.

            “It’s good…one of the student got accepted into a ballet school in Boston.”

            “Cool…”

            “Where’s Seungkwan and Seokmin?”

            “Seokmin went out for a delivery…Seungkwan went to get our lunch…should I order something for you? Have lunch together with us?”

            “It’s ok…I won’t be here long though…”

Hyunwoo noticed the gloomy look on Jinyoung’s face. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that there’s something bothering the younger guy in front of him.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Mmm?” Jinyoung took a sip of his tea.

            “Is everything ok with you?” Hyunwoo asked.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Jinyoung ah…I’ve known you since you’re in elementary school…I may not see you that often but I know something’s wrong by the look on your face.”

            “Am I that readable?”

            “Let’s just say that you’re bad at concealing your facial expression. You wanna tell me what’s going on?”

            “I dunno hyung…” Jinyoung sighed.

            “Is this about Jaebum?”

Silence.

            “Did you two have a fight?”

            “It’s won’t be a fight when we rarely saw each other…he was so busy at the studio and when he’s finally at home…” another sigh. “I guess the flame between us is slowly dying…”

            “It can’t be that bad…”

            “It’s been two weeks since he last touched me…” Jinyoung wasn’t shy talking about that with Hyunwoo…after all, he was the first person that Jinyoung came out to.

            “Maybe he’s just tired from the work…find a way to spark back the flame…I mean, go for a romantic date…a short vacation.”

            “I dunno hyung…”

            “You won’t know until you tried.” Hyunwoo smiled and patted the back of Jinyoung’s palm.

The bell chimed.

            “Welcome to Young Bloom.” Jinyoung got up.

Hyunwoo looked at the door and smiled.

            “Hey babe…” he said.

            “Wonho hyung…” Jinyoung looked at Hyunwoo. “You two are meeting here?”

Wonho hugged Jinyoung and went to his boyfriend, kissing the guy’s cheek.

            “Hyunwoo texted saying he was here…and I just finished my shift at the café…so…”

            “So you weren’t actually stopping by to pay me a visit instead using my shop as a rendezvous place?” Jinyoung glared at Hyunwoo.

            “Hey, I was paying you a visit…it’s just killing two birds with one stone.” Hyunwoo reached for Wonho’s hand and kissed the knuckles. “How’s work?”

            “Great…customers pouring in like rain and I can’t complain…”

            “That’s my man…” Hyunwoo patted Wonho’s .

Jinyoung waved as Hyunwoo’s car leaving his sight. Truth to be told, he was a bit jealous with Hyunwoo and Wonho’s relationship. The two have been together for over ten years, since their high school days but people might think that they just started dating by the way they are with each other.

*I wished Jaebum and I are like that…* he said in silence.

 

An update!!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!