TWENTY-ONE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “I’m so glad we left the party…I’m getting suffocated inside there…” Jinyoung say as Mark drove away from the hotel.

            “Yeah…me too…I actually hate places that crowded with people…”

            “So am I…”

            “So, where should we head out?’

            “I dunno…do you have a place in mind?”

            “I know this great pub…why don’t we head there?”

            “Sure…sounds like a plan…”

They were driving when a call came to Jinyoung’s phone. It was from his sister.

            “Nae noona…me? I’m with a friend…yea…it’s so stuffy in there I can’t stand it…dad? I’ll deal with him later…Mark?” Jinyoung looked at Mark. “Um…he’s with me…we left in his car…ok…I gotta go noona…later…” Jinyoung abruptly ended the call.

            “Someone asking for me?”

            “Looks like they were searching for Tuan Holdings VP…”

Mark’s phone rings.

            “Could you look who is it?”

            “Um…” Jinyoung took the phone out and looked at the screen. “Tammy…”

            “Just ignore it…better yet, take off the battery…”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Positive…”

            “If you say so…”

In a pub downtown…

            “So, you never interested with the whole business?” Mark asked as they were having drinks at the bar.

            “No…not really…I have my flowers occupying me most of the time…and having Jihoon hyung and Jinsol noona helping my dad is just the right thing…they’re doing just fine without me…”

            “And here I am wondering why we haven’t met before…”

            “Yeah…but we met eventually…”

            “Uh huh…”

They were talking when Jinyoung suddenly got up from his seat.

            “It’s so hot in here don’t you think?”

Jinyoung took off his coat and put it on an empty stool next to him. ing the two top button of his dress shirt, he rolled up the sleeves to his elbow.

Mark couldn’t help but to stare. Jinyoung was an attractive man…very attractive. He got the features that could make head turns, men or women. Suddenly he felt like his heart beating a little faster than it normally did.

*What is wrong with me?* he questioned.

            “Um…Jinyoung ah…I’m gonna head down to the bathroom for a sec…”

            “Sure…just don’t ditch me here…”

            “I won’t…”

Mark looked into the mirror and stared at his reflection. He put his hand over his chest and his heart still pounding. He splashed some water over his face trying calm himself down but nothing is working.

*You can’t be…no…no Mark…Jinyoung is a great friend…you can’t be crushing on him…* another splash of water. *It’s just a crush…*

Jinyoung was nursing his drink when someone sat next to him. He was expecting Mark but when turned aside, it was another guy.

            “Hi…” he said.

            “Hi…” Jinyoung replied shortly.

            “I’m Andrew…”

            “Jinyoung…”

            “First time here?”

            “Yeah…”

Jinyoung was getting uncomfortable when Andrew tried to strike a conversation with him; he just hated the vibe the other guy was showing.

            “If you’re alone…would you mind joining me for a drink?” Andrew hands travelled to Jinyoung’s thigh.

Jinyoung quickly swat Andrew’s hand away.

            “That is not necessary Andrew ssi…”

            “Aren’t you a feisty one huh? Just my style…” Andrew his lips, eyeing Jinyoung from head to toe.

Jinyoung startled when a pair or arm s around his waist from the back.

            “Hey babe…who is your new friend?” it was Mark.

Mark was coming from the corridor when he saw a guy talking next to Jinyoung and he could tell Jinyoung was uncomfortable with him.

            “Are you my Jinyoung’s friend?” Mark stared at the guy. He hooked his head on Jinyoung’s shoulder, bringing their cheeks together.

            “No…” Jinyoung said.

            “Look man…he’s taken. Why don’t you run along now? I’m a very possessive man and I hate people touching what’s mine…” Mark’s voice was stern, making Andrew flinched a little.

            “Why? Afraid that he might jump on another ship?” Andrew sneered.

            “Please…a guy like you? Even a hobo wouldn’t bat an eye…”

Jinyoung knew that this could escalate into a disaster so he decided that he better stop everything that might happen.

            “Mark, can we go now? I don’t feel like drinking anymore…please?”

            “Sure baby…” Mark released Jinyoung from his embrace. “Bartender…” he signaled for the bartender and put a few 10,000 won bill on the counter.

He took Jinyoung’s coat and grabbed Jinyoung by the waist, giving one last glare at Andrew before heading towards the exit.

Outside…

            “I should’ve teach that guy a lesson…” Mark said, glancing back at the pub, checking if the guy was behind them. Thankfully, he was nowhere to be seen.

            “Thank you for saving me…that guy is such a creep…” Jinyoung looked down and Mark was still holding his hands.

            “I’m glad I was on time…” Mark slowly loosening his grip when he realized that he was still holding Jinyoung’s hands. “Sorry…”

            “It’s okay…” Jinyoung smiled. And somehow his hand felt empty.

It’s almost 3 am and Jinyoung couldn’t sleep. His head kept replaying the moment when Mark hugged him from behind in the bar. Their cheeks touched and Jinyoung could feel his stomach doing flips. When Mark hold his hand, everything seems right…he liked what he was feeling at that time…

*What’s happening to me?*

********************************************

Mark was doing his work when someone knocked on the door.

            “Come in…” he said, without looking.

            “Hey little brother…” it was Tammy.

            “Good…my sister finally knows how to knock the door…congrats!” Mark smirked.

            “Yea, yea…go on…tell the whole world about it…” Tammy rolled her eyes.

            “So, what brings you here?” Mark looked at the computer screen in front of him.

            “Well…there’s something I want to ask you…”

            “Shoot…”

            “You and Jinyoung…I mean…Park Jinyoung…Park Holdings one and only son…”

Mark stopped typing and looked at his sister.

            “What about it?”

            “Don’t play dumb with me Yi-En…I saw you and him flee last night…together…I asked Hansol but he said you had some other things to do…”

            “Well…”

            “And don’t try to hide things from me…I will find out eventually…”

            “We went out and have a drink together…that’s all…”

            “Oh really? And how did you two even meet?”

            “Long story…”

            “It’s okay…I have all day…” Tammy grinned.

 Meanwhile…

            “So, Hansol’s boss…what was he like hyung?” Seungkwan asked.

            “Mark? He’s super nice…sometimes you just forgot that he was the VP of this huge company…and fun to be around…”

            “Hansol said that too…he said he was lucky to have such boss…”

            “Yeah…is Seokmin arrived yet?”

            “No…I asked him to get a few things at the mart…”

Late evening and Jinyoung was alone at the shop since it’s almost closing time. He was locking the front door when…

            “Boo!”

            “Oh jeez god!” Jinyoung almost jumped out of shock when Mark startled him from behind. “You almost kill me you idiot!” Jinyoung smacked Mark’s arm…hard.

            “Did you easily get scared like that?” Mark was laughing, enjoying Jinyoung’s reaction.

            “Do you want me to collapse here with heart attack?” he glared at Mark, who is still laughing at him.

            “Of course not…but it’s funny though…”

            “Idiot!” Jinyoung smacked Mark again.

            “Oww…that hurts!”

            “You deserve it!”

            “Ok, ok…my bad…”

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I had a meeting around the neighborhood and I guess I just wanna stop by and pay you a visit…”

            “Oh really?”

            “Are you driving?”

            “Nope…don’t feel like driving today…”

            “Great…let’s go…”

******************************

Youngjae just finished his last schedule and was resting in his van when his manager came.

            “Hyung…” Junhyuk said, sitting on an empty seat next to him.

            “What?” Youngjae replied half-hearted.

            “Take a look…”

Junhyuk gave a tablet to Youngjae and his scanned the words appeared on the screen.

*It’s believed that popular singer Y was actually a home wrecker, coming in between the relationship of current fling with his previous partner. The two was dating for quite some time before Y decided to intervene and ultimately destroying the relationship. Y also rumored to be dating another man at that time.*

            “What the hell is this?” Youngjae asked.

            “That is what I wanna know…” Junhyuk stared at Youngjae.

Youngjae looked at the comments posted with the article.

*Wow…a home wrecker? They should be burn alive!*

*Cheating home wrecker? Absurd!*

*It’s gonna be a hit drama! But all wreckers should go to hell!*

Jaebum came home and found Youngjae was alone in the living room. Cans of beer was on the table.

*Something must’ve happened today…*

            “Hey babe…” Jaebum tried to kiss Youngjae’s cheek but he dodged it. “What’s wrong now?” he asked.

            “Take a look yourself…” Youngjae shove the tablet to Jaebum’s chest.

Jaebum read everything on the screen and his eyes went wide.

            “Babe…”

            “They’re out to get us…I know it…” Youngjae crashed the empty beer can and threw it against the wall. “Stupid bastards!”

            “I’ll take care of this…” Jaebum said, turning off the tablet.

           

Another update!!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!