THIRTEEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

The house never felt so empty when Jinyoung walked in. He looked around and it seems like nothing changed at all. He went to the bedroom and his heart fell…the closet was opened and all of Jaebum’s clothing was gone, there’s nothing left in there. Jinyoung sat at the edge of the bed and it began dawn on him that his relationship with Jaebum was indeed over.

A ring was on the table, the one that matched he had on his finger. The ring they got together for their third year anniversary…it was Jaebum’s idea...to symbolize their commitment towards each other. How ironic…

He reached for the framed picture of them and stared at it.

They looked happy…

What exactly went wrong? Is he not good enough?

Jinyoung threw the frame at the wall and it shattered into tiny pieces, just like his heart. Slumped on the floor, he cried, clenching the ring tightly in his fist.

**********************************

In a café…

            “Hyung, I’m here to have lunch with you…could you stop staring at your phone? There’s a no phone sign on your café right?”

Mark frowned.

            “Sorry Mark…it’s just…” Wonho put his phone on the table.

            “Is Hyunwoo hyung sick or something?”

            “No…it’s a dongsaeng I know…he just had a bad breakup last night…I should’ve made him stay at my place…”

            “Bad breakup?”

            “Yeah…his boyfriend of 4 years had been cheating on him with another guy.”

            “Really? That’s bad…”

            “I never thought it would happen between them…that bastard is gonna be a dead meat if I ever saw him…”

            “Remind me not to mess with you in any way…” Mark chuckled.

            “Just thinking about it made my blood boil…Hyunwoo was about to do some damage toward the guy but I thought it wasn’t the right time…that cheating sly jerk!”

            “I don’t get it…why would people do that…I mean…I can’t stand the idea of seeing two people at the same time…”

            “Neither do I…”

            “Why don’t you give him a call? Just check up on him…”

            “I’ll be right back…”

Mark watched as Wonho went to back. He never thought a brief meeting with Wonho at Jackson’s party couple of months ago actually blossomed into a beautiful friendship. The older guy was fun, his boyfriend was on the quiet side but it’s never dull to be around them. Now, he felt that he had close older brothers that he could rely on.

Wonho came back.

            “So, how is he?” Mark asked.

            “He’s not picking up…I’ve told Hyunwoo to check up on him…”

            “You’re really worried about him huh?”

            “I can’t help it Mark…I’ve known him since high school and he’s like my little brother…me and Hyunwoo used to baby him all the time…”

            “Lucky him for having such great hyungs…”

            “I’m trying to be one…so, how’s everything going on with Youngjae? I heard he’s busy with new album…”

            “Ok I guess…we rarely see each since he spend most of his time at the studio…but I’m gonna propose once he’s done with his album.”

            “Proposing? That’s nice…you got any plan?”

            “Well…not really…but I’m thinking about renting your whole place for it…y’know, privacy purposes…” Mark smiled.

            “Hey, I’m all in…just tell me when and I’ll make sure everything is ready…you know I’m a successful event planner right?”

            “Thanks hyung…I’m glad that I have you for moral support…”

            “I can’t be the only one…I mean…Jackson and your close friends knew about you and Youngjae…”

            “Well, Jackson is not too thrilled about the idea of me settling down with Youngjae.”

            “Why not? He’s your best friend…and cousin on top of that.”

            “I dunno…he’s just worried about Youngjae’s bad image…” Mark sighed.

            “Hey, people could change their way…given ample amount of time…”

            “That’s what I thought but he and Tammy doesn’t see it that way…”

            “Maybe they need some time to get used to idea…I’m sure they’ll come around…”

            “Hopefully…”

Later...

Mark walked into the shop and saw a guy at the counter.

            “Welcome to Young Bloom…how may I help you?” he said with a wide smile.

            “Um…is Jinyoung in?”

            “Jinyoung hyung? He’s taking the day off…do you have an appointment with him?”

            “No…I just thought I could see him…”

            “I’m sorry…he won’t be coming in today…”

            “Well, in that case…can I have a dozen of red roses? Trimmed…”

            “Sure…have a seat…I’ll get your flowers ready…”

Mark sat down and took out his phone.

To: Jinyoung

Drop by to your shop today but you weren’t in…your assistant said you’re taking the day off. Have a nice day Jinyoung.

He pushed the send button.

**************************

            “Hyung, there’s something for you…” Junhyuk said, as Youngjae walked into the agency’s main office.

            “What is it?”

            “Ta-dah…”

Junhyuk gave him a bouquet of red roses.

            “Roses? From who?”

            “Mark hyung…”

Youngjae took the flowers and saw there’s a card with it.

Hey babe,

Saw these and it remind me of you…have fun at the studio and I can’t wait to see you tonight…

Love Mark

Youngjae groaned. He crumpled the card and tossed it into the trash can at the corner of the room.

            “Do you hate it that much?” Junhyuk glared at his older brother.

            “I don’t need this from you Jun…”

            “Whatever hyung…I’m just here to inform you that the album jacket shoots are today at 3…”

            “Fine…call me when everything is ready…”

Youngjae went to his private office. His phone rings and it was a text from Jaebum.

y Soul Man

Hey baby, I’ve end it with him. I’ve packed my stuff and got out of the apartment. I’ll be at the penthouse for today. I’ve done my part, now it’s your turn. I’ll be waiting for the good news.

Youngjae leaned against his chair. It’s happening now.

Time to end it…once and for all.

 

Sorry for the late update...been busy with stuff...looks like Mark's turn next...

Stay tuned for the update...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!

 

p/s: I wrote a short MarkJin oneshot the other day and I was wondering if I should post it here or not? What do you guys think? Do you wanna read it? Let me know ok?