TEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

Mark paced back and forth in his office. His mind was occupied with the text he saw on Youngjae’s phone the other day. It could’ve been another sasaeng fan right? But no artist had their sasaeng fan’s number saved to their phone and to put it under a name such as y Soul Man? That’s most unlikely thing to ever happen. He tried to find a logical reason but failed to do it.

Jackson’s voice ringing in his head.

*Maybe that Youngjae is playing you…*

That can’t be right? Youngjae wouldn’t do that to him. They’ve been together for quite some time and Youngjae didn’t once look at another man.

A knock on the door.

            “Come in…”

Hansol walked in.

            “Sir, there’s a man outside named Lee Minhyuk…he said that you were expecting him…”

            “Yes…send him in.”

            “Yes sir.”

Mark went to his chair. A few moments later, a man dressed casually walked into his office.

            “Hey man…” Minhyuk said.

            “Hey…” Mark smiled.

            “Nice place…” Minhyuk looked around. “A lot bigger than your previous office…”

            “Well, the perks of being the vice president…have a seat.”

            “Thanks…”

Minhyuk sat down.

            “So, I was kinda surprised that you called me…” he said.

            “Well, you’re the best at what you do…and I need your expertise.”

            “You do? That’s a first…”

Mark handed a brown envelope to Minhyuk.

            “I think you gonna need this…don’t worry about the money…just name me your price…”

Minhyuk opened the envelope and take a look at the papers inside.    

            “Hmm…this is interesting…” he grinned. “Are you sure this is the one?”

            “Yeah…”

            “And may I ask why?”

            “Just to be clear…”

            “Very well…just give me two weeks…” Minhyuk put the papers back in, fold the envelope in half and put it in his jacket.

            “Great…thanks for helping me Minhyuk ah…”

            “No problem…anything for a friend…”

Mark prayed that he was wrong.

******************************

In a restaurant downtown…

            “So, how are you and Jaebum doing?”

Jinyoung looked at the older woman in front of him. She had some grey hairs but still looked young at the age of 55…stunning for a woman her age.

            “Mom…”

            “I was just asking my son how is he doing…is that wrong?” she raised an eyebrow.

            “No…but I know what you gonna ask next.” Jinyoung took a bite of his steak.

            “Well, since you already know what’s coming…is there any wedding bell in the picture? I mean in the near future perhaps.”

            “Mom, can we not do this? Jaebum and I are both busy with work…and we’re doing just fine…there’s no need to rush into things…we need more time.”

            “I met your father and get married in 4 months…you’ve been together for 4 years…isn’t that enough time?”

            “It’s different mom…”

            “What is? I’m getting old Junior…and since your two older sisters had settled down and have a family of their own, I want my only son to do the same...live happy…”         

Jinyoung smiled when his mom called him by his nickname, Junior…only his family members called him that name.

            “I am happy mom…I like my life just the way they are now…”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Positive…so, how is dad doing?” he had to distract his mom with something else.

            “Um…still busy with the company since the new merger…he was wondering if you wanna come back and manage the company…”

            “Mom…I’ve told you…I’m not interested in this corporate world…it’s not for me…I can’t even survive a month in that office…let alone managing it.”

            “Well, he was just asking…if you change your mind about it…”

            “Maybe one day but not now…I think I’m gonna just concentrate on my shop for the time being…”

            “You’ve always been fascinated with flowers ever since you were young…even your older sisters don’t like flower to your extent…”

            “Well, I like to think that I’m special in a way…”

            “You are Junior…you are…” his mom patted the back of his palm. “And I want to remind you about your father’s birthday.”

            “Mom, that’s a month away…”

            “I just wanna make sure you remember it…your dad is planning on going all out to celebrate his 60th…”

            “That’s dad for sure…”

Late evening…

            “Welcome to Young Bloom…”

            “Jinyoung oppa…”

            “Dahyun ah…”

            “Looking good oppa…” she said hugging him.

            “You too…”

            “So I need a dozen of yellow, red and pink roses…”                       

            “A dozen each?”

            “Yup…there’s a big party at the office and they need roses for pairing couples for games later…”

            “That’s interesting…” Jinyoung went to the cooler and took out the flowers. “Should I trim off the leaves and thorn?”

            “Yes please…otherwise someone gonna have bleeding hands later…”

Dahyun watched over the counter as Jinyoung doing his work.

            “Oppa, are you moving house anytime soon?”

            “No…not at the moment at least…why?”

            “Um…I’m doing a part time at this one real estate agency and I saw Jaebum oppa’s name on one of the properties I was helping handling.”

            Are you sure that’s his name? There’s probably another man name Im Jaebum…”

            “Well, I saw the ID and it’s definitely Jaebum oppa…”

Jaebum remembered the mail he got for Jaebum the other day. It was from a real estate agency.

            “Maybe he’s planning for a surprise oppa…maybe he’s taking the next step…moving to a bigger place…”

            “Bigger place?”

            “Yeah…a penthouse in Chungdamdong…it’s a beautiful place oppa…maybe I could give you the address so you can check it out…just don’t tell Jaebum oppa where you got it…”

            “Sure…” Jinyoung answered mindlessly.

Is Jaebum planning something behind his back? He did say he was helping a friend to find another place to move.

 

What will happen next? Stay tuned for the update!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!!