TWENTY-TWO

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “Your 3 o’clock meeting today had been postponed to tomorrow at the same time…and they just approved our business venture in Jeju…Park Holding VP is asking for a meeting as soon as possible…” Hansol looked at his planner.

            “Ok…call Jihoon hyung’s assistant and set the meeting this coming Monday, I should go over there to discuss it…”

            “Yes sir…”

            “And make sure you hand me all the documents for the meeting tomorrow…”

            “Yes sir…” Hansol quickly jotted down a reminder. “And I saw that since the inauguration of our merger with Park holding, our stock price has been increasing steadily…and investors are pouring in…”

            “Great…good to hear that…” Mark look at his watch. “Since it’s already noon, how bout we go out for lunch?”

            “It’s okay sir…my boyfriend is coming over…”

            “Oh really? Okay then…take your time since we’re gonna be free for the rest of the day…”

            “What about you sir? Should I order something?”

            “It’s okay…I’m planning on meeting a friend…”

            “Jinyoung hyung I guess?” Hansol smiled.

            “How did you know?”

            “Intuition sir…”

At Jinyoung’s shop…

            “Did Seungkwan left yet?” Jinyoung asked.

            “He did around 15 minutes ago…so, you want me to bring you back anything?” Seokmin said, taking off his apron.

            “It’s ok…I’ll just make something…”

            “Are you sure hyung?”

            “Yeah…don’t worry about me…go have lunch with your friend…but don’t get back too late…”

            “Yes sir!”

Seokmin left and Jinyoung was alone in the shop. He looked at the flowers and makes note on what he should order from his supplier. His phone rings and a smile formed on his lips.

            “Hey, Mr. VP…”

            “I’d like to order 10 dozens of roses…mixed colors…wrapped and delivered to Tuan Holdings…” Mark chuckled at the end of the line.

            “10 dozens? I’m sorry sir, but our shop doesn’t have that many roses at the moment…” Jinyoung closed the cooler’s door and went to the counter.

            “Really? That’s too bad…I was just about to give my employees some of your beautiful roses…”

            “But I have other flowers for you choose…I can guarantee that it will be pretty for your employees…”

            “Hmm…let see…”

Mark got out of the car with plastic bags in his right hand and his phone on his other hand.

            “How about amaryllis? It’s quite lovely for a gift…” Jinyoung giggled. Mark just smiled how Jinyoung would play along with his jokes.

            “The name sounds complicated…”

            “Iris then?”

            “It reminded me of the drama my sister used to obsess with…”

He walked up the stairs to the front door. He looked through the clear panel and saw Jinyoung at the counter, talking on the phone.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Wae?”

            “Look at the door…”

Jinyoung looked and saw Mark standing there, waving the bags in his hand.

            “I brought lunch!”

            “Yaa…” he rushed towards the door and opened it.

            “I hope you like galbitang…”

Jinyoung came out from the back with couple of bowls in his hand.

            “I was just about to make some ramen if you don’t show up…” he said, placing them on the counter.

            “It’s a good thing that I did huh?”

            “Yeah…”

            “I figured out that since Hansol and his boyfriend is gonna have lunch together and you might end up eating alone at the shop, I might as well come and eat with you…”

            “How thoughtful…but it’s okay…I’m kinda used to it right now…it’s not a big deal…”

            “Well, my mom said food taste better when you eat it with someone else so here I am…”

            “I like your mom…she’s cool…”

            “My sister said this is one of the best galbitang in town...”

            “I can’t wait…”

            “Let’s dig in…”

An hour later…

            “Thanks for the lunch…” Jinyoung put a mug of warm chamomile tea in front of Mark.

            “No biggie…I hate eating alone anyway…”

The bell chimed.

            “Welcome to Young Bloom…”

Jinyoung and Mark looked at the door. Jaebum was standing there.

            “What are you doing here?”

Jaebum walked to the counter and slammed a bunch of papers on it.

            “You did this didn’t you?” he glared.

Jinyoung picked up the paper and read what’s written on it.

            “What is it Jinyoung ah?” Mark asked.

            “You seriously think that I would stoop so low and did these petty things?”  Jinyoung said, staring at Jaebum.

Mark took the papers from Jinyoung’s hands.

            “Who else could it be then? You just wanted revenge right?”

            “Don’t you dare put the blame on me! I seriously could care less about you right now…and I saw that the article didn’t mention a specific name…that could’ve been another people!”

            “We both knew who they’re talking about…”

            “But for what it said…it’s the truth right? You two see each other while we’re still in a relationship and he’s with him.”

Jinyoung had to stop himself from throwing a fit at Jaebum accusation. How dare he come here with this crazy idea that he would do such things?

            “Look Jaebum…I have zero interest about you or that new man of yours is doing right now…as far as I know, I had nothing to do with this and I appreciate that you don’t come to my shop accusing me things that I did not do!”

            “Jaebum ssi…rather you come here and accusing Jinyoung, why don’t you take your time and go to the news outlet yourself? I’m sure that is the right thing to do now…”

           “You stay out of this! For all I know, you might as well in this together! You just can’t see us happy aren’t you?” he looked at Jinyoung. “Are you still mad at me for leaving you?”

Jinyoung pulled Mark away and stood in front of Jaebum.

            “Look Jaebum! I could swear on my family’s name that I didn’t do all this crap ok? I’m not the kind who would run my mouth no matter how bad they treated me! After knowing me for so long, I guess you’re still clueless about me.” There’s a bit of sadness tone in Jinyoung’s voice.

Silent.

            “Why did you have to come back and add my misery with these? Haven’t you hurt me enough? Just leave Jaebum ah…I don’t have time to entertain bulls from you anymore…”  

Jaebum left without saying a word.

            “You ok?” Mark asked when Jinyoung sat on the stool with his head hung low.

            “How could he even think I would do such things? If I want to do that I would’ve done it sooner…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung into his embrace.

            “It’s okay Jinyoung ah…don’t let that get to you…they were just tripping…it kinda when karma came back and bite hard…” Mark rubbed Jinyoung’s back.

Jinyoung just stood still, silently enjoying the feeling of comfort in the other man’s warm embrace.

Mark went back to his office and saw his assistant.

            ‘How’s lunch?” he asked.

            “It’s great sir…thank you for the treat…” Hansol smiled.

            “No problem…”

            “Um…sir, there’s someone wanted to see you so I send him to wait in your office…”

            “Okay…thanks…”

Mark walked in and saw a familiar back view of a standing man, facing the big window.

            “Youngjae…”