TWO

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

Mark slumped against the leather seat, massaging his temple. Work got piled up and he could barely finish checking the files when a sudden text came to his phone. It was from his cousin, Jackson.

Jackson:

Dude, you gotta check this out.

A link was attached to the text. Mark clicked on the link and the headline on his screen brought a long sigh from him.

SINGER CHOI YOUNGJAE WAS SEEN PARTYING IN A CLUB

Another tabloid headline. Mark tossed the phone aside, not wanting to see the rest of the article. His head was pounding and the news that he just saw added the level of his stress.

A knock on the door.

            “C’mon in…” Mark got up from his seat and went to the sofa at the corner of his office.

            “Mr. Tuan…” a young guy in suit walked in.

            “Yes Hansol…”

            “Um…there’s a document from the planning department that needed your review…it’s about our venture associates in Japan…” Hansol said, putting a file on the coffee table.

            “Just leave it there…I’ll look at it later…” Mark loosened the tie around his neck and ed the top button of his shirt.

            “Are you ok sir? You don’t look too good.”

            “I’m fine…just a mild headache I guess…”

            “I’ll go get some aspirin…”

            “Thank you…and could you please hold my calls for the day? I don’t think I want to meet anyone in this state…”

            “Sure sir…”

Hansol bowed and left. Mark lay on the couch with his head on the armrest. Closing his eyes, his mind drifted to the article he just saw.

*So he went clubbing that night…*

He tried not to think about the stories on the internet but it seems like news had been popping up like hot popcorn with Youngjae these days. There’s always a piece of news about him every other day.

            “Here’s your aspirin baby brother…”

Mark looked up and saw his sister Tammy holding small tray with a glass of water and a bottle of pills on it.

            “Noona…”

            “Hey...” Tammy put the tray on the table. She pushed Mark’s feet away and sat next to him. “Dad been giving you too much work?” she said, smiling.

            “You know him…”

            “Trouble in the paradise?”

            “Who doesn’t?” Mark reached for the bottle of pills.

            “Just two pills…”

            “I know noona…” Mark rolled his eyes, receiving a giggle from his sister.

            “You wanna tell me what’s wrong?”

            “It’s nothing noona…I’m just stressed out…the work and everything…” Mark quickly gulped down the pills with the water.

            “Mark…” Tammy’s eyes softened when Mark lay down putting his head on her lap. She rarely sees her brother looking like this and it really worried her.

            “Noona…”

            “Is this about Youngjae?” she said.

Mark looked up and his eyes met hers.

            “I see the tabloid headline…I’m not telling you what to do Mark, but…” Tammy’s words trailed off when she heard Mark’s sigh.

            “Let me sleep for a while ok? You’re not in a hurry right?” Mark closed his eyes.

            “The work can wait…” Tammy ran her fingers through Mark’s thick blondish hair. “You know you can tell me everything right?”

            “I know noona…”

It’s almost 8pm when Mark got back home. He saw Youngjae’s car at the parking area and he knew the guy was at home.

            “I’m home…” he said, kicking his shoes off and walked into the living room.

Putting his briefcase on the empty seater, he plopped down on the couch, loosening his tie and rolled up his sleeves to the elbow. Steady footsteps coming closer and soon he felt a pair of arms s around his neck from behind.

            “You’re back…” Youngjae said, kissing the top of his head.

            “I saw the news today…you went clubbing last night?” Mark pushed Youngjae’s arms away.

            “It’s just to celebrate my sound engineer’s birthday…I didn’t know the paparazzi gonna be there.”

            “You’re a celebrity Youngjae…camera lenses is always with you…why didn’t you tell me about it?”

            “It was impromptu…they suddenly decided to have the party at Minjun hyung’s club…are you mad at me?”

Youngjae straddled Mark’s laps, clasping his fingers around Mark’s neck.

            “Look at me Mark…are you mad at me?” Youngjae stared at him.

            “Yes! I’m mad at you. It feels you’ve ignored my presence completely and I’m not important at all.”

            “That’s not true…you are important to me.”

            “Oh really? Then why didn’t to tell me about the party or at least invite me along so I don’t feel like a complete idiot that oblivious to his boyfriends actions.” Mark said.

            “I was thinking about you…I know you’re tired from working at the office and I don’t want you to feel obligated to it just because of me.”

            “You always had something to say about everything aren’t you?”

            “I’m just stating the obvious…and I know you don’t like those kinds of places…remember when we went to the club for Brian’s bachelor party? You couldn’t stay for an hour there.”

Youngjae had a point there. He never has been the one that likes to go clubbing in a dark crowded places like that. He prefers to stay at home, watching movies or something…away from bustling of loud music and rowdy bunch of people.

            “I’m sorry ok?” Youngjae winked.

He slowly ed Mark’s shirt.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” Mark looked at him.

            “Showing you how sorry I am…” the last button undone and Mark’s rock hard abs were exposed. “I always liked this abs…I think it is your charming point.” Youngjae traced his fingers along the ridges of the muscles, sending shivers down Mark’s spine.

            “I’m still mad you Choi Youngjae…” Mark groaned when Youngjae the nape of his neck.

            “It’s ok…” Youngjae slowly grind his pelvic, letting Mark know the increasing hard on he was sporting right now. “Baby…” he whispered. “Take me…now!”

Mark finally gave in. Youngjae just knew his weaknesses.

A few hours later…

Mark was soundly asleep when Youngjae slipped off the bed, tip toeing to the bathroom with his phone in his hand. Turning on the water tap, he lowered down the toilet seat, sat on it and looked at the phone.

From: y Soul Man

Are you coming tonight?

A quick type on the keypad, Youngjae sent his reply.

To: y Soul Man

I can’t…he’s at home. I had to do something after that stupid tabloid news went out.

From: y Soul Man

Is that mean I can’t see you? (crying face)

To: y Soul Man

I’m afraid so…but I promise I will make it up to you…pinky promise.

From: y Soul Man

If you say so…I love you…

To: y Soul Man

I love you too…bye

 

A peek at Mark's life...

Thank you again for the support that you guys gave me!!! It's such a life booster seeing all the comments.

Another chapter update to show my gratitude!! Enjoy reading!!! Don't forget to flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!