NINETEEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

             “So, you left me to be with him?” Jinyoung said, looking straight at Jaebum.

They were at the outside deck of the gallery, away from the crowd. Jinyoung can’t believe that he was about to meet Jaebum here and him with another guy on top of that.

            “Jinyoung ah…can we not do this right now?”

            “Why? Afraid that someone might hear us? Oh yeah…you have an image to protect right? Now that you’re dating a celebrity…” there’s a sarcastic tone in Jinyoung’s voice.

            “He has nothing to do with us breaking up, ok?”

            “Oh really? You’re seeing him while we’re still in a relationship! I never thought a well-like singer like him could be a home wrecker…”

            “He’s not like that!”

            “Not the way I see it…”

            “What about you? You already have another guy.” Jaebum looked at the guy standing with Youngjae at the far end of the deck.

            “Don’t make it’s about me! Mark is just a friend…he knew it before we even broke up…and you know what’s funny? To think that he have a cheating boyfriend just like I did…”Jinyoung was getting worked up when he saw Jaebum and that other guy.

            “You’re just being emotional Jinyoung ah…”

            “Emotional? Really?”

Jinyoung crooked his eyebrows, staring at Jaebum.

            “We’ve been together for 4 years! Not 4 days, not 4 months…4 freakin years! Does that mean nothing to you? At all? I’ve put up with your behavior, I supported your career…I did everything that you asked me to…am I not good enough?”

            “I need to be free Jinyoung ah…”

            “Have I ever restrained you from anything? Never once I did!”

Tears threatening to fall from Jinyoung’s eyes. He had to say everything that has been bottled up inside him.

At the same time…

            “So he was the producer they’re talking about…not bad…I wonder what he got to make you leave me for him…” Mark crossed his arms.

            “Don’t start with me Mark…I’m not in the mood to fight tonight…”

            “I don’t even begin yet…I talked to you for almost a year to reveal our relationship to the public but with him, within a few months…”

            “Mark…”

            “Don’t! I’m not finish Choi Youngjae! I gave you everything! EVERYTHING! My time, my undivided attention to you…but you could go behind my back with another guy! I respected your career, I backed you up every time my sister said something about you…I even got into a fight with my best friend when he said that you were cheating on me…I said it wasn’t true! But look now…”

            “Yi-En…”

            “Don’t call me that! I loved you Youngjae, with all my heart but all you did is trampled it, making it like it meant nothing to you…it makes me so mad to think that I loved someone like you…”

            “You know why I left? Because I got bored! You’re just too nice for your own good Mark! I don’t need that…and I could never be with someone with your status…we don’t just match!”

            “And he did? He’s in a relationship for god’s sake! They’ve been together for 4 years! How could you be so selfish?”

            “It’s not my fault that he chose me over that guy!”

            “You’ve changed so much Youngjae…it’s like I don’t know who you are anymore…”

            “I’ve always been like this…”

            “Know what…you and him really suit each other…I hope you’re happy Youngjae…”

Mark walked away.

            “You hurt me so much Jaebum…and I won’t forgive you for that!” Jinyoung wiped the tears with his fingers. “Just so you know, Hyunwoo hyung might go and beat your up if he saw you anywhere so get ready for his wrath…”

            “Jinyoung ah...are you done?” Mark asked.

            “Yeah…let’s go…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung’s hands and walked together towards the exit.

The car ride was silent…it’s almost deafening. Mark glanced over at Jinyoung…he was leaning against the leather seat, staring outside the window.

            “You ok?” Mark touched Jinyoung’s arm.

            “Not really…” Jinyoung replied. He turned his head and Mark could see tears running down Jinyoung’s cheek.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

Mark slowed down the car and stopped by the roadside.

            “It hurt so damn bad!” Jinyoung said between sniffle. He tried so hard not to cry but somehow he lost it whenever the images of Jaebum and Youngjae came into his head.

            “I know…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug. He gently rubbed Jinyoung’s back, trying to soothe the guy. His eyes teared up too…without him realizing.

            “It’s not your fault Jinyoung ah…it’s not our fault…they chose to act the way they did…”

            “I know…I just want to let go everything…”

            “Sure…cry all you want…I’m right here with you…”

The two spent a good half an hour in each other’s embraces, silently comforting each other.

            “Oh my god…I’m such an ugly crier.” Jinyoung said when they finally broke the hug. He looked at the mirror and his eyes were red from all the crying.

            “Here…” Mark gave a handkerchief to Jinyoung. “You’re not ugly crier…a little messy but definitely not ugly…”

            “Thank you for lending your chest…looks like I’ve ruined your best suit…” Jinyoung pointed at the wet patch on Mark’s coat.

            “Don’t worry about this…I think we both need that…”

            “Yeah…” Jinyoung nodded. “I remembered our talk back when we met at Han River…”

            “Oh yeah? Which one?”

            “Remember when we talk about the chances that our exes dating each other?”

Mark’s mind reeled back to that night.

            “Looks like it turned out to be real…”  Jinyoung sighed.

            “That is some sick twisted fate if you ask me…”

They looked at each other and laughed.

            “So, where next? I don’t feel like going home early tonight…” Jinyoung said.

            “Hmm…how about we go for a drink? Somewhere private…”

            “Private? Sound good…”

            “Let me make a quick call first…”

Mark took out his phone and dialed a number.

            “Hi Mr. Kang…sorry to bother you this late…but could you do me a favor and set up the suite with some snacks and stocked up the fridge? I’m heading there right now…around half an hour…sure…thank you…” he hung up the phone.

            “Suite? What suite?”

            “You’ll see.” Mark revved up the engine.

In a Presidential Suite of Tuan Hotels…

            “I thought a bar that one of your friends owns…not a suite in a fancy hotel…” Jinyoung said, as he looked around the massive suite. “This is way bigger than my whole apartment…”

            “Do you like it?”

            “Well…what’s not to like? It has killer view, and have you seen the bathroom? They could host a party in it!”

            “Glad it matches your taste…actually, no one has ever stayed here before…” Mark opened the fridge and took out several bottle of liquor and then went to the mini kitchen. He came back to the living room with a huge platter of cheese and fruits.

            “So this is what the call is all about…” Jinyoung smiled. “Something tells me that you’re not your average corporate employee…are you?”

            “I’m just a regular company employee…”

            “C’mon Mark…you could do better than that…”

            “Ok, ok…actually…I’m the current Vice President of Tuan Holdings…the same company that own this hotel…”

            “No way!” Jinyoung gasped. “I could’ve never guessed…”

            “Why?”

            “Nothing…you just don’t look like those stuck up executives I saw before…”

            “I’ll take that as a compliment…”

Mark and Jinyoung spend all night talking and drinking, forgetting the mess that happened earlier.

            “You know…this is the first time I actually met someone like you…” Mark said, taking a swig of his tequila.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…we clicked…somehow…and it’s nice to have friends…”

            “Same here…”

Mark got up and sat next to Jinyoung. He put his arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “We’ll get through this Jinyoung ah…this whole thing…we’ll get through it…together…”

Jinyoung leaned his head on Mark’s shoulder.

            “You think so?”

            “Yeah…I know so…you wanna know why?”

            “Why?”

            “Because we deserve someone better than those cheating bastards…”

            “Yeah…we do don’t we?”

            “Yup…”

The next morning…

Jinyoung woke up to a soft snore ringing next to his ears. He slowly opened his eyes and then realized that he was nuzzling at the crook of Mark’s neck. An arm circled his body like a protective cocoon and a thin blanket draped over them…somehow he felt safe, secured and strangely…he liked what he was feeling.

He wiggled and Mark stirred, waking up.

            “Good morning…” Mark said. When he realized that he was holding Jinyoung in the most intimate way, he quickly got up, stretching his body.

            “Looks like we dozed off here in the living room…”

            “Yeah…” Mark looked at the empty beer can and liquor. “Did we do that?”

            “Yup…no doubt about it…”

            “Why don’t you go and wash up while I call for room service? We might as well have breakfast here…”

            “Okay…”

Mark watched Jinyoung walked towards the master bathroom. Images of Jinyoung falling asleep in his arm were playing in his head. A smiled formed at the corner of his lips.

An hour later…

            “So this is where you live?” Mark looked at the tall apartment building.

            “Yeah…you wanna come in for tea?”

            “I’d love to but I can’t…I’m already late for work…”

            “Oh right…Mr. Vice President…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Just playing with you…” Jinyoung laughed. “Maybe next time?”

            “Sure…I gotta go…I have an hour to get ready for office otherwise my sister would nag until my ears bleed.”

            “Thanks for last night…”

            “No problem…we need that…anyway, I’ll call you later…”

            “Sure…have fun at work Mr. VP…”

            “Yes Flower Boy…”

Afternoon…

Mark was in a meeting when his phone vibrated. He looked at the screen and a new text just arrived.

From: Flower Boy Jinyoungie

Did you get to work on time? I hope your ears are ok if you’re late…have a great day ahead Mark.

He smiled when he saw Jinyoung attached a picture of purple Iris in a vase.

            “Who’s that?” Tammy said peeking at his phone.

            “A friend…”

            “A friend huh?” She smiled.

            “Yeah… and wiped that smile of your face…” He nudged Tammy’s shoulder.

 

An update to celebrate my 200+ subbers!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!! Thank you for the support and patience...I wish I could hug each one of you...

So Mark and Jinyoung definitely got closer after the messy meeting...stay tuned for what's in store for them next...

Happy reading and flood the comment box like you guys always do...

BBYONG!!!