SIX

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “Where the hell have you been Park Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung walked into the hotel room and saw Jaebum standing at the middle of the room staring at him. He decided to ignore the man and walked past him, heading to the bathroom.

            “Where have you been Jinyoung?” Jaebum asked again, following Jinyoung.

But the younger guy just ignored him.

            “Yaa Park Jinyoung!" Jaebum grabbed Jinyoung by the arm. He hated it when Jinyoung ignored him like that. Somehow it scratched his ego.

            “Why do you care?!” Jinyoung glared.

            “Baby…” his tone softened.

            “You left me alone here and now you want to know where I’ve been the whole day? Seriously?”

            “I was worried ok? You left your phone and I didn’t know where you’ve been…”

            “I thought your work is more important than me…that’s why you left me this morning right?”

            “It’s something that I can’t avoid…”

            “Same excuses every time…if I know this gonna happen, I’m not coming here at the first place.”

Jinyoung pushed Jaebum out of the bathroom and closed the door. A nice warm shower could ease his anger.

Jinyoung came out of the bathroom and saw Jaebum sitting on their bed.

            “So, you’re not talking to me right now?” Jaebum said.

            “There’s nothing to talk about…” Jinyoung answered.

A knock came to the door. Jinyoung got up and opened the door. A hotel employee walked in, pushing a food trolley with him. There’s a bucket of ice with a bottle of champagne in it, two glasses…all sorts of fruits, cheese and chocolate on a platter.

            “Jinyoung ssi…” he said.

            “Yes, that’s me…”

            “This is for you…” the employee gave him a small card. “Courtesy of Mr. Mark Tuan…”

            “Um…thanks…”

The employee bowed and left. Jinyoung opened the card and there’s writing on it.

Thank you for your help…please enjoy this with your loved one…a small token to show my gratitude…

Your new friend,

Mark

            “What’s all this?” Jaebum asked when he saw the trolley. He grabbed the card Jinyoung was holding.

            “Yaa!”

            “Mark?” he was seeing red. “You’re out all day with another guy behind my back?”

            “He was just a friend I met here…”

            “A friend? Really? What friend would do this kind of stuff?”

            “The one that appreciates me…”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Jaebum glowered.

            “Whatever you want it to mean…” Jinyoung turned his attention to the array of food in front of him. It’s making him smile just thinking about it.

            “Did you do something with him?”

Jinyoung’s ears stung at the words. He turned around and faced Jaebum. The smile he had earlier quickly faded.

            “Don’t!” Jinyoung glared.

            “What am I supposed to think then? No man would do this unless…”

            “Unless what Jaebum? Unless they’re sleeping with each other? Are you seriously thinking that? I just met the guy today and I helped him when his car broke down out of nowhere.”

Jaebum went silent.

            “He was just showing his gratitude! Didn’t you read the card? It says ‘enjoy this with your loved one’…he knew I was in a relationship! I made it clear when we talked.”

            “Babe…”

            “Don’t babe me Im Jaebum! I’m tired okay? I was ing alone travelling this island and when I finally met a good friend that care enough to send me all this just for my tiny help…you accused me of going behind you? What did you take me for huh?”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Just don’t insult me anymore…”

Jinyoung burst out in tears when Jaebum walked out of the room, leaving him behind. Seems like his dream of romantic getaway didn’t become true at all.

********************************

            “So, where did you go today?” Youngjae asked, as he watched Mark pouring a glass of champagne for him.

            “Hmm…the teddy bears museum…Cheonjeyeon Waterfall, it’s so beautiful there…and Hamdeok beach…maybe we could come here again next time when you’re on your day off…”

            “Sure…”

            “Did I tell you that I had flat tire when I was heading back to the hotel?”

            “No…what happened?”

They went to the balcony.          

            “Well, the back tire went flat…god knows who did that…and I was stranded out of nowhere with my phone dead…no one to call for help.”

            “Then how did you get back here?”

            “A guy met was kind enough to offer me a ride back since he was staying here too…”

            “A guy?”

            “Before you get jealous and all…we just happened to meet each other at the beach, talking about work and stuff…nothing more.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah…his boyfriend had to work and he was alone travelling the island…it’s something I can relate to…”

            “You know I had to work right? I’m not here for vacation…”

            “I know babe…I’m just kidding.” Mark hugged Youngjae’s shoulder with a laugh.

            “It’s not funny…” Youngjae sulked.

            “Sorry, sorry…my bad…”

            “So, what time is your flight tomorrow?”

            “12 noon…what about yours?”

            “Around 8pm…the staffs wanted to visit the director’s beach house before going back…have a small get togther party.”

            “So, I won’t be seeing you tomorrow night?”

            “I’m afraid so…I’m heading straight to the studio…”

            “You’re working too hard babe…”

            “This is an album that I’ve been waiting…it’s only fair that I work hard for it…”

            “I know…and I’m so proud of you…”

Mark took the glass from Youngjae’s hand and put it down. Pulling the smaller body closer to his own, Mark closed the distance with their lips intact with each other. He could taste the sweet flavor of the champagne on Youngjae’s lips.

The sound of Youngjae’s cellphone broke the silence.

            “Ignore that…” Mark said as his mouth travelled to the crook of Youngjae’s neck.

            “That…could be my manager…” Youngjae’s breath hitched.

            “He could wait…” Mark gave Youngjae’s a gentle squeeze.

            “But babe…it could be something important…”

            “Ignore it…”

The phone eventually died off. But a few seconds later, it went ringing again.

            “Babe…” Youngjae pushed Mark off him.

            “Do you have to?” Mark sounded disappointed. He thought that he was finally having Youngjae all to himself tonight but that damn call have to disturb them.

Youngjae took his phone and looked at the screen.

            “It’s my manager…”

            “Is that mean you have to go?”

            “Yeah…I’m so sorry baby…I want to stay but I can’t…” Youngjae fixed his crooked shirt and his messy hair. Grabbing his cap and face mask, he was ready to leave.

            “Fine…whatever…” Mark leaned against the handrail.

            “Don’t be mad ok? I promise I’ll make it up to you…I’ll call you when I got back ok?” Youngjae kissed Mark’s lips. “Love you…”

            “Love you too…” Mark said as he watched Youngjae put on his mask and walked out the door.

Another night of loneliness for sure.

 

Another chapter up...

I might not able to update until Friday since I will be busy over the week...but I'll make sure to post another update soon as everything has settled down...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!