SEVENTEEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “Good morning Hansol…” Mark greeted his assistant.

            “Good morning sir…” the younger man bowed.

Mark went to his office and Hansol followed him.

            “So, what’s my schedule for today?” Mark said as he took his seat behind the desk.

            “Um…first things first…here’s the document that you asked about our investment in Singapore…I’ve looked through and there’s no problem with it…but you might wanna take a look if there’s something missing…” Hansol put a stack of brown file on the table.

            “Good…”

            “And these documents need your approval signature…”

            “What is this?”

            “From the Planning Department…”

            “Ok…”

            “And all that being said…about your schedule…” Hansol looked at his planner. “Well, you’re free this morning…you have lunch engagement with your father…”

            “Do I have to go?” Mark slumped against his chair.

            “Yea…your father said you cannot miss this since you’re having lunch with the president of Park Holdings…possibly to discuss about the inauguration of our merger…”

            “Fine…remind me then…and you’re coming with me…”

            “Yes sir…”

            “Anything else then?”

            “Yeah…hold on…I forgot something…”

Hansol left and came back with a bouquet of red gerbera daisies.

            “These are for you…it came this morning…”

Mark looked at the bouquet and found a small card attached to it.

These gerbera daisies symbolize friendship…have a great day ahead Mark.

Jinyoung.

p/s: Hope you like the color I choose since I didn’t know your fave color.

Mark smiled as he read the card.

            “From someone special I assume…” Hansol said.

            “A friend actually…can you find a vase and put these in?”

            “Sure sir…”

            “So, is that all?”

            “For the moment…”

            “You may go now…thank you Hansol…”

Mark began his work for the day with a smile on his face…the first time since the bad breakup.

***********************************

From: Mark

I like the flowers…they’re gorgeous…and guess what? Red is my color…thank you so much. You just make my day.

Jinyoung smiled looking at the text he just received.

            “Well, well…someone is happy…” Seungkwan sat on the stool, facing Jinyoung. “Is that Jaebum hyung?”

            “No…just a new friend I met…” Jinyoung said, shoving the phone in his pocket.

            “Wouldn’t Jaebum hyung be jealous?” Seungkwan chuckled.

            “Well, he didn’t have to…not when there’s nothing going between us anymore…”

            “What do you mean?”

            “I mean…I broke up with Jaebum…”

            “You broke up?”

Jinyoung and Seungkwan turned around and saw his mom standing at the door.

            “Mom…what are you doing here so early?” Jinyoung said, guiding her inside to the counter.

            “I thought I was gonna surprise you but well, I’m the one getting the surprise instead…”

            “Mom…”

            “You broke up?”

Jinyoung nodded.

            “With Jaebum?”

Another nod.

            “And when did this happen?”

            “Almost a week ago…”

            “And you didn’t bother telling me? Junior…” Mrs. Park hugged her son.

            “I’m fine mom…I’m done crying…he’s not worth it…”

            “Um…hyung, I think I need to buy something for Hansol…I’ll be back ok?” Seungkwan excused himself. He figured that the mother and son should have a private conversation together.

            “Sure…” Jinyoung looked at Seungkwan and muttered a silent thank you.

            “Good to see you Mrs. Park…” he bowed to the older woman.

            “You too dear…” Mrs. Park smiled.

Jinyoung and his mom were left alone in the shop.

            “I thought everything is going fine with the both of you…” Mrs. Park said, taking a sip of her lavender tea.

            “Well, I thought that too…”

            “May I ask why?”

            “Um…he’s been seeing another guy behind my back for a while…I guess it’s time that he leave me for good to be with him.” Jinyoung said. He might as well tell his mom the truth.

Jinyoung was startled when he heard his mom stomped her hand on the counter.

            “What? Another man?”

            “Yeah…I don’t know who exactly he is when I saw them.”

            “That’s it! Tell me where his studio is! I’m gonna give him a piece of my mind!”

Mrs. Park rolled the sleeves of her blouse as if she was ready for a battle.

            “Mom, please…don’t.”

            “But he hurt you! He hurt my baby! Did his parents know about this?”          

            “By now I guess…I dunno…”

Later…in front of the shop…

            “Are you sure you’re fine honey? How about you just come back to the house for a couple of days so I could baby you…you are my baby boy after all…”

            “I’ll be fine mom…don’t worry…” Jinyoung said as he escorted his mom to the awaiting car.

            “How can I not be worried Junior? I swear…if I saw that boy, I will give him a piece of my mind…and fist.”

            “Woah…mom, you’re not like this during my previous break ups…” Jinyoung chuckled. He never knew his mom would be this protective over him.

            “Well, your previous boyfriends don’t cheat on you like this one did…”

Jinyoung smiled.

            “Well, there has to be a first for everything…”

            “Or better yet…why don’t you just close your shop for a few days and go for a short holiday? My treat…bring the boys too if you want too…mmm?”

            “I’ll think about it mom…thanks for coming today…I really missed you…” he hugged her.

            “Call me ok honey?” Mrs. Park caressed her son’s cheek before getting into the car.

            “Yes mom…”

            “That’s my good boy…”

When his mom left, Jinyoung saw Seungkwan coming out from the next door building.

            “What are you doing in there?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Nothing…”

            “Thank you Seungkwan ah…”

            “It’s nothing hyung…so, you really broke up with Jaebum hyung?”

            “Yeah…”

            “Well, I didn’t see that coming…”

            “Neither do I...let’s not talk about it anymore…I wonder where is Seokmin…don’t tell me he got lost again after the delivery…”

            “There he is…”

Seokmin stopped and turned off the ignition of his bike.

            “Did you lost your way again?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Nope…” Seokmin took off his helmet. “Had to stop and get us some egg tarts from Mrs. Han…” he grinned.

            “You’re lucky that you brought these back…” Jinyoung glared at the younger one.

            “I know you would let me off the hook because of these babies…”

            “Smart !”

 

Ok...filler chapter....the good stuff is coming in the next chapters to come...I'm sorry if any of you felt that this story is dragging...it's just the way I like to write my stories, please bear it for me ok? Thank you my lovely readers!

Don't forget to flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!