SEVEN

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

            “For someone who just got back from a vacation over the weekend, you don’t look too good.” Tammy said as she walked into Mark’s office.

            “Hey noona…”

            “Hey lil brother…”

            “Why are you here anyway?”

            “I just wanna check on you…so, where did you go? I tried asking Hansol but he’s not telling me…” Tammy sat in front of Mark.

            “Somewhere…you don’t need to know…what brings you here?”

            “Well, I actually have big news to tell you…”

            “What? Are you pregnant? Kylie and Leila gonna have another siblings?”

            “No…not that I don’t want to…but that’s not the point…um…dad been asking me about you.”

            “Me? Regarding on…”

            “Um…your love life basically…is he seeing someone, being in a serious relationship bla, bla, bla…”

            “He did?”

            “Yup…and I heard he was talking to mom the other day about introducing you to a son of his friends…something along that way…”

            “No he didn’t…”

            “Why don’t you just bring Youngjae home and introduce him to our parents?”

            “I’m thinking about it noona, but Youngjae kinda busy right now, his new album is coming out next month…and I don’t want to him to worry about this…”

            “You’ve been dating over two years…what’s more to hide? I mean…I know that his face always made the tabloids headline, but isn’t this the right thing to do?”

            “It’s not that easy noona…Youngjae and I talked about this, he was just thinking about me…going public is not an easy thing to do.”

            “I dunno Mark…sometimes I feel like he’s not the right guy for you…”

            “Noona…”

            “What? I just want my brother to be happy…”

            “I am happy.”

            “Are you?” Tammy raised her eyebrows.

Silence.

            “Look, I don’t want to meddle in your love life but as your older sister, I think I have the right to say what’s on my mind about him…”

            “I know you don’t like Youngjae when I first told you we’re dating…”

            “It’s not like I don’t like him, it’s just…I don’t think he’s the one for you…you my brother, deserved way better…”

Tammy got up and walked to the door.

            “I just wanna give you the heads up when you’re coming back home for dinner night…”

Mark sighed when Tammy left. His sister always had strong opinion ever since he and Youngjae started dating. She didn’t exactly know how in the world Mark would be in love with a singer. Mark never had interested in showbiz but yet somehow he hooked up with a celebrity.

***************************************

            “Hyung, your phone is ringing again.” Seungkwan said, looking at Jinyoung’s phone on the counter.

            “Let it be…” Jinyoung continued with his work, wrapping a bunch of lilies into a bundle.

            “Hyung…”

            “Aisshh!” Jinyoung went to the counter, take his phone and pull the battery out. “There…it won’t ring anymore.”

Seokmin and Seungkwan looked at each other. Jinyoung never acted like that before, ever since they worked for him almost two years now.

            “Here…a nice warm chamomile tea for you…”Seungkwan put a mug filled with tea in front of Jinyoung.

            “Thanks…”

Jinyoung sighed.

            “I’m sorry about that just now…I didn’t mean to yell like that to you and Seokmin…”

            “It’s ok hyung…it’s just…we’ve never seen that before.”

            “Sorry…” Jinyoung patted Seungkwan’s arm.

            “What happened in Jeju? You looked kinda stressed out ever since you got back…”

            “Jaebum and I got into an argument…nothing new actually…”

            “Is that why he’s been calling you?”

            “Yeah…”

            “So you’re not talking to him?” Seokmin asked.

            “Yup…”

            “But you lived under the same roof…isn’t that hard?” Seungkwan said.

            “I just pretend that he’s a mannequin…a living mannequin…how dare he thought I would do such thing.”

            “I’m sure he just worried…but that showed how much he loves you isn’t it?” Seokmin said.

            “I dunno…I don’t wanna talk about him today…so, how was your weekend?” Jinyoung asked, trying to change the topic.

            “Same old, same old…I have to babysit my little sister since my mom had to go her school reunion.” Seokmin sighed. “I wish I have a girlfriend…”

            “You’re just too picky dude…” Seungkwan nudged Seokmin’s shoulder.

            “You’re just saying that just because you have Hansol with you…and Sunhee really love that white Maltese you brought over the other day…she’s been asking me about that dog all day after you left.”

            “You’re having a pet?” Jinyoung asked.

            “No…it’s Hansol’s boss’s dog…he asked Hansol to look after it over the weekend…she’s a real cutie…very energetic…”

Jinyoung went inside the house and it was dark. Flickering of lights coming from the kitchen and when Jinyoung walked in there, Jaebum was sitting at the table, dinner already laid out with two red candles at the center.

            “You’re back…” Jaebum said, getting up and gave Jinyoung a light kiss on the cheek.

            “What’s all this?” Jinyoung looked at the things in front of him. Jaebum had never done this sort of things out of the blue before.

Jinyoung hugged him from behind.

            “I’m sorry…for everything…” Jaebum said, burying his face on Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “Jae…”

            “I’m sorry for the things I said…I know you wouldn’t do that to me…I was stupid…I’m so sorry baby…”

Jinyoung heart softened hearing Jaebum’s words. He turned around and hugged Jaebum.

            “I hate it when we fight like this…I was frustrated with the whole thing that happened that day…”

            “It’s partly my fault…let’s forget about this and put it behind us ok?”

Jinyoung nodded. He knew Jaebum took a lot of effort preparing this dinner and his heart was melting with the gestures. Jaebum may not always do all these romantic stuff but when he did, Jinyoung was always over the moon.

The next morning…

            “What’s on your schedule today?” Jinyoung asked as he was putting his shirt on.

            “Um...probably spending my time at the studio…the new album I’m working right now is on the final stage so that would be the main thing that occupying most of my time.”

            “I was thinking…maybe we could go for a short holiday after your work is done…”

            “Holiday? Sounds good…” Jaebum rolled on the bed, kicking the thick blanket off his feet.

            “But this time I want your phone off and I get you all by myself…I’m not gonna share you with anything…even with your work.”

            “Yes dear…” Jaebum smiled. “I better get ready before Changkyun get here…” Jaebum got up and walked to the bathroom.

Jinyoung was on his way out when he heard Jaebum’s phone beeped. He wanted to put the phone on the dresser but accidentally touched the screen. A new text just come in.

Morning y…sleep well? > Sunshine

Jinyoung frowned. He wondered who could’ve sent the text but decided to ignore it, thinking it was probably someone sent it to a wrong number.