THIRTY-ONE

TWO BROKEN HEARTS

             “I can’t do this anymore Jaebum! I’m sick and tired of it…” Youngjae walked to the balcony.

            “Of course you are! You’re falling asleep looking at his photo!”

            “What about you? Don’t think I didn’t know what you’re doing behind my back! All those flowers and gifts? You gave it to that guy right?”

Youngjae and Jaebum stared at each other. What started as a small argument turned up to be a full scale verbal fight between the two. It’s finally reach to the point of no return for them.

            “Let’s be honest…you still can’t forget that ex of yours aren’t you?” Youngjae spat, folding his arms looking at Jaebum.

            “I can say the same about you…”

Youngjae went to the bedroom and 10 minutes later he came down with a small luggage.

            “Let’s just take a break from each other…I’m gonna stay over at Junhyuk’s place for a few days…” he said, dragging the luggage to the door.

            “Fine…if that what you want…” Jaebum went upstairs.

An hour later…

            “Another fight? This is getting frequent don’t you think so?” Junhyuk said, putting a cup of coffee in front of Youngjae. He didn’t expect to see Youngjae showing in front of his apartment on his day off.

            “Did I make a mistake Jun?”

            “Mistake? What do you mean?”

            “This whole thing with Jaebum…”

            “Meaning…cheating on Mark hyung and leaving him for Jaebum hyung?”

Youngjae’s glared at Junhyuk.

            “What? You’re the one asking me…” Junhyuk shrugged, seeing his older brother shooting invincible arrows from his eyes.

            “You don’t have to say it like that…”

            “The how should I say it? It’s the truth isn’t it?”

Youngjae slumped against the sofa.

            “You wanna know what I think? I think you made a big mistake…Mark hyung is a good guy…he’s loyal and he truly loves you the time the both of you were together…but right now…I hate to say this but he already got someone else and its better for you to forget him…and mend your relationship with Jaebum hyung.”

            “I don’t think it’s mendable…the thing between me and Youngjae…” Jaebum took a sip of his vodka.

His friend just looked at him with a smile.

            “And you think by drinking will solve the problem?”

            “No…but I need something to ease that…”

            “So, what are you gonna do now?” Wooyoung asked.

            “I dunno hyung…I’m stuck…it feels like I made a huge mistake being with him.”

            “Is that the vodka talking or your own?”’     

            “My own…” another sip.

            “You’re the one who decided to leave Jinyoung and now you have to live with it…”

            “I know that…it’s true what they say, you don’t know what you got until you lost it…”

            “So, what’s next?”

            “I dunno…I’m at dead end.”

            “I can’t tell you what to do Jaebum ah…but all I can say is, reflect yourself and think what’s best for you…”

He seriously doubts his relationship with Youngjae now. It’s all good when they first get together but now, he can’t say much. All they did was fight and Jaebum can’t recall the last time he and Youngjae had a pleasant time together as a couple. It was different when he was with Jinyoung…Jaebum sighed at the thought of Jinyoung. Seeing Jinyoung again that night evoked something within him…he realized that he still loved Jinyoung…he might sound selfish but he has to admit, in many ways, Jinyoung was better that Youngjae.

************************************

The house was full of chatter as the family gathered around in the living room.

            “So this is when Jinyoung is 3…he just ran all the time…I hardly see him walking…” Mrs. Park said, looking at the album on his lap with Mark sitting next to her.

            “And this is when his sisters decided to dress him up in girl’s clothes…” she said, laughing.

            “He was a cute kid…Jinhee and I was curious how he would look like if he was a girl…” Jinsol added.

            “It’s a nightmare…the lipsticks, makeup…urghh…it scarred me for life!” Jinyoung said sitting down on the sofa next to Mark.

            “You look cute babe…” Mark patted Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “And you should see Jinyoung’s baby pictures…Jinsol ah, can you take that album?” Mrs. Park asked her daughter.

            “Mom, you’re not gonna show him my pictures are you?”

            “Why not? I’m sure he already saw you by now…it’s nothing new right?” Jinsol said, winking.

            “Noona!” Jinyoung could feel his cheeks blushed at Jinsol blunt comments. “Mom…” he looked at his mother.

            “Jinsol is right…its nothing new…I will be shocked if he doesn’t…”

            “Mom! Not you too!”

Jinyoung and Mark’s eyes met and the older guy just smiled.

            “Okay…I’m beginning to think that this is a bad idea…having Mark coming here for dinner…” Jinyoung pouted.

            “Can you girls stop picking on Jinyoung?” Mr. Park said, watching his wife and daughters having fun messing with his son.

            “Thanks dad…”

            “Or he might leave and really get …”

            “Dad!”

The house echoed with laughter once again.

            “Babe, this is the last time I’m bringing you home for dinner…” Jinyoung said, looking at Mark.

            “Why? I like it here…your mom’s cooking is superb and I get to see your dad and Jihoon hyung…”

            “Oh god…now all of you just brainwashed him! Give me back my boyfriend…”

            “Stop being such a drama queen…you’re worse than Seungkwan…move away…” Jinsol pushed Jinyoung aside and sat next to Mark. “Let’s begin…”

Jinyoung just shook his head. He liked to see that Mark getting comfortable with his family…his mom adored Mark and he could see that his dad looking at Mark with a bright smile.

            “Remember to keep these in your fridge…” Mrs. Park said as she handed Mark a few 3-tier food container. “Just give me a call if you need more…”

            “Thank you omonim…I won’t be starving for the next two months with all these food…” Mark grinned.

            “Mom, you didn’t pack me anything…” Jinyoung said.

            “You can cook right? There’s no need for me to do that…and besides, you still have the food I gave you last week right?”

            “Mrs. Park…I’m your son remember?”

            “And your point is?” Mrs. Park stared at Jinyoung. “Come again anytime Mark…or maybe I’ll give your mother a call and we can have a small family get together…”

            “Sounds good omonim…”

            “Let’s go now babe, before my mom attached her fridge to your car…”

On the way home…

            “That was fun…” Mark glanced at Jinyoung next to him.

            “Fun for you to say…” Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “I can’t believe my mom and sister would say that…”

            “That’s what they do…they embarrassed you and make your life a misery but they love you nonetheless.”         

            “But my mom seems to love you more now than me…”

            “Hey, I have that effect…” Mark chuckled. “But remember when we went to my parents’ place two days ago…my mom practically adopt you as her new son…”

            “Well…your mom loves me…and my mom loves you…I guess it’s a win-win situation…”

Mark took Jinyoung’s hand and brought it closer to his mouth.

            “And I love you…” he kissed the knuckles.

            “And I love you too…”

In front of Jinyoung’s apartment…

            “So, you’re staying for the night?” Jinyoung asked.

            “I can’t…” Mark looked at the food containers on his backseat. “I have to deal with that and there’s important meeting with Canadian rep tomorrow morning…”

            “Okay…” Jinyoung nodded.

            “How bout we go out tomorrow night? Just the two of us…”

            “Sounds like a plan…”

Mark smiled looking at his full hand carrying the food containers from Jinyoung’s mom. He stepped out of the elevator and saw someone standing in front of his door.

            “Youngjae…”

 

Another update within 5 hours? This would happen if the writers' block decided to stay away...

And I just hit 280+ subbers!!!! YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! (Do ceremony dance!!! Confetti!!! Balloons!!!)

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!!