DENIALS

INFINITE Relationships
 
“ Good morning Sir, coffee’s here. And the new intern is waiting outside. Would you do the interview or shall I assign another? ” she said while placing down the coffee he asked for.
 
“ No, it’s okay. I want to personally do it this time, so I won’t experience unwanted situations again. Send the applicant in. ”
 
“ Yes, sir. ” His secretary went out and after a while she got back with someone behind her.
 
‘This one looks so fine’ he thought and he knew right then he won’t make a mistake choosing this person.
 
Sungkyu finally started the interview and he couldn't help but rather feel a tingle of amusement by this person. When he was satisfied, he gave his first command to the newly hired employee. “ I want you to come by to my home tomorrow. ”
 
 
 
Hoya was walking down the alley when he passed by a bakeshop. He decided to enter and choose to buy some cake. After a while, he immediately went home.  He expected to see Sungjong by this hour alone probably doing his homeworks or some household chores. He simply has this indescribable feeling whenever he’s with Sungjong. He finds it cute, charming and amazing whenever the younger tries to act so independent. But later these days, he would recently catch himself staring at his brother for reasons unexplainable. ‘ Maybe because he’s vulnerable and fragile ’ that is what he would just always conclude.
 
Upon reaching their flat, his thick y brows met when a strange smiling guy opened the door for him. The dude’s a bit taller than him, – well since he is originally short and both his younger brothers are way taller than him.
 
“ Oh hi! You must be Hoya. ” the guy spoke.
 
“ Yes hello. You must be a thief. ” Hoya snorted.
 
“ Careful there young man, I’m older than you.”
 
“ Careful here old man, I’m old enough to give that pretty face of yours some bruises. ”
 
“ Am I ? ”
 
“ I don’t know what you’re thinking or talking about, all I know is that I won’t think twice knocking you down if you talk once more. ”
 
“ So you admit I’m good-looking.”
 
Hoya was sarcastically impressed how this guy in front of him is oh so full of himself.
 
“ Silence means yes. I’ll take it as one.” the stranger smiled at him having his eyes slightly disappear from that eye smile.
 
But Hoya ignored that and thought he can’t be fooled. “ Silence means you won’t be able to wake up from a comatose right after I hit you. ”
 
“ Oh. I get it now. You wanna hit on me? I’ll give you my number then.”
 
Hoya is about to give the guy an uppercut but the latter was suddenly pulled away.
 
“ Aish Woohyun-ssi! What the heck were you doing?! Hyung sorry. Come on in.” It was Sungyeol. And into which Hoya entered. But then again, another man can be found inside with a guitar that he’s strumming.
 
“ Should I know ? ” Hoya asked his brother.
 
“ Ahmm, Hoya hyung, these are my schoolmates, classmates, seatmates, textmates, callmates, play–” he paused when he saw his hyung glaring at him with knitted eyebrows. “ My friends. We are practicing for a project. This is Myungsoo, and you’ve met Woohyun by the door now.”
 
“ Where’s Sungjong ? ”
 
“ Might still be in the school ? ”
 
“ I’ll be in my room. Tell me if he has arrived.” And with that, Hoya left the three to do their work.
 
 
“ Your brother’s pissed.” Myungsoo said as he picked his guitar up again which he placed down a while ago when he saw Hoya entering who seems to be fuming mad.
 
“ Your brother’s hot.” Woohyun noted.
 
“ The heck’s wrong with you. Early this morning, you’re on my dongsaeng and now on my hyung. Geez NamGrease.”
 
“ I can tell that your hyung is fortunately smitten with me. He fell in love at first sight towards me boy. I can totally feel it Yeol-ah. But I don’t know, you’re my friend.”
 
“ Would you seriously stop it?! Damn you Woohyun. Are you officially into boys now? ”
 
“ Officially yours baby ” Woohyun gave Sungyeol a winked and the latter pretended he wants to vomit.
 
“ So you’re into the Lee Siblings now aye Woohyun-ssi? ” Myungsoo asked, picking up the music sheets Sungyeol kicked.
 
But before Woohyun could reply, Hoya entered the living room. To his surprise, he was carrying a food tray filled with plates of cakes and glasses of iced tea, set for the three of them.
 
“ Since you are my brother’s friends as he says, I should still be nice” he said as he carefully placed it down.
 
Myungsoo tried to help Hoya with the tray, assisting him. Hoya only gave him a nod.
 
“ Thank you so much hyung. But what’s with the cake, any occasion ? ” Sungyeol asked.
 
“ I was feeling good this morning, until – ” Hoya looked into Woohyun and smirked at him.
 
Woohyun took this chance and spoke, “ Until you met me? You were feeling good, but when I welcomed you home like I am as if your wife waiting for his husband on a day job, you felt better? ”
 
Hoya wanted to just ignore the irritating boy but he didn’t realized that as he started to talk back as well, “ Until I met a thief who seems to be so proud of himself. ”
 
“ I am not a thief, you are Howon-ah. ” Woohyun replied.
 
“ Excuse me?! You were in my home. And don’t call me by that, you barely know me. ”
 
“ Then let’s get to know each other. I told you, I’ll give you my number. I don’t usually do it, so it’s my first. ”
 
“ You’re impossible. ”
 
“ Am not. I’m the one reaching out to you, just take my hand and intertwine your fingers with mine. ” Woohyun smiled to Hoya again.
 
Sungyeol, not knowing what to do, felt his heart coming out. He was about to pull away Woohyun again but he heard his hyung talked back again,
 
“ The only hand I would give you is my fist. And the only finger I would point at you is my middle finger. ”
 
“ So you wanna top. I’ll bottom okay. ”
 
Hoya can’t take it anymore. Why is this guy so witty? Seriously? Middle finger. He knew exactly what it does symbolizes. So he just decided to finally walk away, but heard this Woohyun again,
 
“ See you some other time! Sungyeol knows my number, don’t hesitate. ”
 
The door was loudly shut closed.
 
“ Gosh Woohyun. Look, my hyung is really nice. I’d even prefer him over Sungjong. He even shared a cake which – Myungsoo, finished already.”
 
“ Interfering family problems is not my hobby. The cake’s good. ” Myungsoo stood up as he decided to look around Sungyeol’s home. “ And besides, Woohyun might not understand it because he’s an only child. ”
 
They both saw Woohyun flinched a little. Myungsoo thought if the older was affected by the truth. But playful Woohyun only shrugged with a smile on his face.
 
“ I only understand one thing as of now Myungsoo bae, it’s that Hoya likes me. ”
 
“ Please, can we just finish our song composition, leader main vocal Nam Woo Hyun? ” Sungyeol exclaimed.
 
“ Yes of course. Back to work. First things first, practice is to be held here from now on, here in the humble abode of Sungyeol. ”
 
Myungsoo chuckled, fully seeing the reason why. But Sungyeol stated that their home isn’t big enough.
 
True. When you’ve enter the Lee’s home, one sofa with a small television would welcome you. Next to it is the 4-seated dining table with the refrigerator, 2 cabinets and a gas stove enough to be called as a kitchen. And the three siblings only share one room, having them lay down only on a mattress.
 
“ I thought we agreed on practicing at your home Woohyun. Your visit today is to just write lyrics. I don’t have drums. You said you even have a music room.” Sungyeol said.
 
Woohyun straightfaced replied, “ We can’t. It’s too crowded at home. ” He raised a finger, “ And I didn’t. It was Myungsoo.”
 
The three only created drafts for the upcoming university festival. They are to perform a song on that day, to which they could just sing any song but decided to write one as a challenge and something new as well. Myungsoo suggested that his home would just be the practice area. He has to tell Sungkyu about this later, for he can’t contact him at the moment, probably in a meeting with a client or something.
 
Soon, Myungsoo and Woohyun went home. When Sungyeol got back from closing the door, he found Hoya on the sofa fiddling his phone.
 
“ Sungyeol, I can’t contact Sungjong. Why isn’t he home yet? It’s passed 7pm, his classes should have ended two hours ago. ” Hoya’s worried as he keep dialing again.
 
 
Myungsoo arrived home. His brother is at the kitchen washing dishes. ‘ He must have had his dinner. ’ he thought.
 
“ You’re early. Way to early. I didn’t cook enough dinner. Shall I order for you. ” he heard Sunggyu coming out while he’s at first two steps of the stairs.
 
“ No thanks. I had mine at my friend’s. Well, we are preparing for our university festival. We don’t want to lack anything on the day of the performance. ”
 
Sunggyu only nodded as he continues his way to the living room.
 
“ Hyung ? ” Myungsoo asked and his older brother looked up to him. “ I was wondering if my friends could come over for us to practice. Since I’m the only one with enough musical instruments for us. ”
 
“ Of course they can. But be sure that you’ll introduced them to me. I want to know who would be staying over. ”
 
“ They can sleep over ? ”
 
“ You are free to do what you want Myungsoo-ah. ”
 
Myungsoo felt two choices with what Sungkyu said. One ; he’s on the right age and glad his brother allows him to make decisions or two ; Sungkyu just doesn’t care with whatever he plans to do. But he chose the first.
 
“ Thank you hyung. I’ll sleep now. Goodnight. ”
 
“ Goodnight. Oh by the way, I won’t be able to drop you to your school. I need to get out early tomorrow. But I’m sending a driver for you. Would that be okay ? ”
 
“ Anything. ” he smiled to his hyung which was mirrored as well.
 
 
 
“ I am really a pathetic piece of trash walking in a human form. ” Woohyun spoke to himself. He’s in the bathroom brushing his teeth. When he finished, he saw Dongwoo sleeping so serene on his bed. The older insisted on sleeping together. But when he got home, Dongwoo was already at dreamland.
 
“ He must have waited long for me. ” He forgot to give the older a notification that he would be coming late. “ Sorry, hyung.” he added while caressing the older twin’s hair.
 
‘ You aren’t sorry, coward ’ and on cue, it was as if his conscience mind was talking to him.
 
‘ Why deny ? ’
 
‘ You are even worse than your older twin brother ’
 
‘ You are basically just like your father. A total replica of Nam Hyuk Bin ’
 
He’s crying. He tried to wipe away the tears but it kept coming out.
 
Dongwoo suddenly shifted into his sleep. He is a deep sleeper, but he felt like something is wrong with his other link on his dreams. He had the urge to wake up and there he saw Woohyun crying.
 
“ Woohyun-nie, oh my. What happened? Are you hurt? You hungry? ” he asked but his younger twin only hugged him.
 
“ I’m sorry Dongwoo-hyung. Please forgive me hyung. ” Woohyun said in between the sobs while his chest felt heavy as he cries non-stop.
 
“ It’s okay Woohyunnie. I got out of school early today since my professor for the last subject was absent. After dinner, I headed here in your room to wait for you but I fell asleep on your bed. ”
 
Woohyun even hugged him tighter and cried even more when he realized Dongwoo must have thought that he’s crying because he wasn’t able to come home earlier.
 
“ Hush now. I’ll get you some water. Then let’s go to sleep okay? Or are you hungry? Would you like to eat? ” Dongwoo patting his back.
 
Woohyun loosen his grip on the hug, “ Let’s just go to sleep now hyung. I already brushed my teeth.” he sighed while smiling towards him.
 
The two slept together like what they used to do in the past when they were kids. But that is all in the past. Woohyun needs to concentrate in battling this present to ensure a better future, not only for himself. But also for his older twin brother.
 
 
 
Woohyun woke up to a ringing sound. It is more like a group of girls singing. Well technically it’s AoA’s Heart Attack as his ringtone. He paced his hand wondering where on the bed table did he put it.
 
“ Oh . . ” he didn’t even bother checking out who was it.
 
“ Woohyun-ssi ? ” he now recognized the voice.
 
“ Heck, do you even know what time is it ? ”
 
“ Do you even know who is calling And it’s 3:47am. ”
 
“ Damn, what do you want? ” Woohyun asked while his eyes are still closed.
 
There was a moment of silence before Sungyeol speak again, “ It’s about Sungjong. ”