PICTURE PERFECT

INFINITE Relationships
When breakfast ended, Sungyeol approached Sungjong to apologize for raging out on his younger brother. Whenever he gets confused with his feelings – for liking Woohyun and being attracted to Sungjong and developing random emotions; it always comes down to one conclusion by the end of the day – it is Myungsoo that he loves. He didn’t date him just to remove any feelings of crush towards Woohyun. But Sungyeol fell for Myungsoo because the latter did show efforts and even up until now. Myungsoo is thoughtful, sweet and caring. His smile eases Sungyeol’s tiresome day and he felt so loved and spoiled.
 
Sungyeol grew up in a different childhood manner. His father favored Hoya because he’s the eldest – first born son whom their father taught to be strong. That is why his Hoya hyung is so manly and always wanting to go rough. But who would have actually thought that his older brother was bound to give their father to his end? Hoya killing their father is truly not an accident, it was a form of revenge for their mother and Sungjong.
 
Speaking of which, their mother sees Sungjong more since he’s the youngest. There are times when Sungyeol get attention too, when he teases their youngest and gets beaten up by the eldest. Being a middle child sets balance for his siblings. And now that their parents aren’t around anymore, Sungyeol was very glad that he met friends who are awesome in guiding him through the right path.
 
Sungyeol goes to the room to check up on Sungjong. There, he saw the younger one fixing himself and dressed for a date.
 
“ Do you have a date? ” Sungyeol asked. Then he realized that he might have sounded like someone who wants to be in other people’s business. But heck he is his hyung.
 
“ Oh hyung. No I am not. What kind of guy would want me anyway? ” Sungjong grabs his bag and readies to pass through him. “ I will just go buy some school supplies at the mall. ”
 
“ Sungjong I’m sorry. ” that came out so fast from his mouth but seeing Sungjong smiling at him, made him relaxed a bit.
 
“ I feel sad whenever you and Hoya hyung shout at me. And yes I am rude because I always talk back but I feel sorry too for making you feel sorry because of my attitude. ”
 
“ I thought you have attitude issues Sungjong, but I was wrong. You’re on puberty, no one is here or there for you to go through this. But still, I am your hyung. Come to me Sungjong. ”
 
Sungjong walked up to him and gave his brother a warm hug. “ I don’t hold grudges Sungyeollie hyung. ”
 
“ I’ve missed you calling me that, Sungjonggie. ” Sungyeol wrapped his arms around the boy’s body tighter and kissed Sungjong’s head.
 
 
 
Hoya volunteered in doing the dishes. Dongwoo wanted to help him but he refused the older’s offer kindly and just asked him to go get Myungsoo. He has something to say to that kid about him being Sungyeol’s boyfriend. Truth be told, Hoya just wishes to be left alone right after hearing that Woohyun is now officially Sungkyu’s. But he wanted to prove that he has let go of his feelings for Woohyun, so he decided to act normal. As he goes through the last sets of plate on the rack, someone joined him and started wiping the utensils he just washed off.
 
“ I wish I could be like this cloth that wipes the plates dry . . ” Woohyun started. “ . . so I can wipe your tears and pain too. ”
 
Hoya looked at him for a second but soon continues his work. “ But you aren’t. You were like that gas stove . . ” Woohyun glanced to where Hoya pointed. “ . . You burnt my feelings. ”
 
“ You should have shouted your feelings like a kettle. Keep screaming till I hear you – ”
 
“ And then what? You are to switch me off at the end, so what’s the point? False hopes might have been boiled. ”
 
Woohyun took the dried water glasses and put them on the kitchen cabinet. “ You are like this glass Hoya-ssi. I never thought I could see through you easily. And it might take all the glasses in this house to fill up your tears. And I am sorry because the glass slipped on my hand. ”
 
“ Do not exaggerate too much. The other glasses in this house are the windows and mirrors. ” Hoya has finished arranging the spoons and forks. “ But I don’t see any window in your heart that is open for me anymore. Instead, I see a mirror – which has a reflection of you and Sungkyu.”
 
“ Are you going to break the mirror? ”
 
“ Broken mirrors mean bad luck. I would not want that. ” Hoya went to compile the garbage bin. He is going to take the garbage out – away from Woohyun.
 
“ Hoya-ssi . . ” Woohyun calls for him but the younger keeps pacing around doing the trash. “ Are you mad? I told you I am sorry too for not being able to . . return . .”
 
“ I am not mad! ” Hoya drops the plastic bag but picks it up immediately. “ I just don’t want to talk to you. ”
 
“ Are you going to give me the silent treatment? Hoya, can’t we just get along fine? Acceptance is the answer here and I am sorry for giving you hopes because even I didn’t expect it that things would turn out like this! ”
 
“ Woohyun . . if I talk to you, I would realize that I really do love you . . pathetically. Then I will figure out that I can not have you.” he added. “ Give me time and I would talk to you soon. And my words would be ‘I am happy for you and Sungkyu’ . ”
 
“ Excuse me. ” a soft voice came in.
 
“ Dongwoo hyung . . ”
 
“ Gyugyu hyung is upstairs looking for you, Woohyunnie. ”
 
“ Oh. okay, thanks hyung. ” Woohyun fled the scene hesitantly. After a while, Dongwoo searched for a glass of water.
 
“ I am not expecting you to just let me in after everything you've been through. I'm rather expecting myself to be patient and be persuasive. I will wait until the day you finally realize how much you can trust me instead. ” Dongwoo puts the glass down and looks at Hoya. “ Myungsoo is on the phone with his mother. But I told him that you’re looking for him. ”
 
Hoya watched painfully as Dongwoo’s back disappear from his sight. He noticed a silhouette coming from the kitchen counter. “ How long have you been there? ”
 
There Sungjong was, munching on an apple. “ I’ve been here right from the start of your cheesy lines hyung. ”
 
“ Tssk. ”
 
“ Your whole attention was all on Woohyun-ssi. You barely noticed me sitting here and listening to your ‘gas stove burning my feelings’ crap. ”
 
“ Hey you! And why are you dressed up? Are you going out? ”
 
“ Mall. School supplies. ”
 
“ Let’s go. ”
 
“ Eh? ”
 
 
 
Walking around the mall with Hoya’s arm around Sungjong’s shoulders makes the latter quite wary. He and his brother doesn’t look alike that much. Sungjong’s features bear a resemblance to his mother and a bit coming from his Sungyeol hyung. Although he has done skinship with Hoya, they were young back then and now Sungjong realizes the situation he is in. People are gazing at them as they passed. They see them as a couple. A guy to guy relationship to be in fact. Their eyes pierced through especially at that moment when Hoya grabbed Sungjong’s hand to a nearby clothing shop.
 
“ You are so stiff Sungjong-ah. ” Hoya picked a yellow sweater and hands it over to his brother. “ I know what you are thinking. Needless to say, what they are thinking. Try that on and shut your mind from everyone else. ”
 
Sungjong makes face. “ I just felt uncomfortable. And why do I have to try it on? It’s clearly my size. You go pick yours hyung. ”
 
“ I am your brother. Who would you want to hold your hands ah ? ” Hoya tries to shove Sungjong away when he stucked his tongue out on him. “ Think of it, we’re both good-looking that’s why people are jealous. ”
 
“ Confidence noted. Why are we shopping by the way? I am only planning to buy school supplies. ”
 
“ Is it bad that I buy some stuffs for my dongsaengs? Are you sure with that yellow? ” Sungjong nodded and hands it back to Hoya. “ Okay. I’ll take this. Along with the purple one for me and pink for Sungyeol. ”
 
Hoya paid for the sweaters via card – yes, he had an account finally. He was able to open one after earning enough from his bartender/dancer job.
 
“ Too bad Sungyeollie hyung can’t join us today. ” says Sungjong as they head to a shoe store next.
 
“ He said he has a date with Myungsoo. Oh sh*t! This is what Sungyeol likes! ” Hoya rushed to the navy blue sneakers he’s pertaining to on the display aisle. “ It’s a Puma Limnos. He showed it to me once. I just hope Myungsoo has not bought him this yet. Choose yours. ”
 
“ Why were you looking for Myungsoo? ” Sungjong remembers Hoya and Dongwoo’s conversation from before. “ Can I have a high cut hyung? ”
 
“ Where? ” Sungjong pointed the one at the far left top of the shelf. The assistant reached for it and showed them the footwear. “ What is this? ” Hoya asks.
 
“ It’s a Lacoste Ampthill Sir. It comes along with a variety of colors too. ” says the man.
 
“ I’d like a dark brown please. Size 260. ” Sungjong asked politely.
 
“ And oh, we’ll get this Puma too. Size 265. Thank you.” Hoya gives the personnel the shoes he’s going to buy for Sungyeol.
 
“ Right away Sir. ”
 
“ How about yours hyung? ”
 
“ I already bought mine last week. You were asking about Myungsoo right? Well, I just want to talk to him about Sungyeol. They are into each other and I have to make sure that he’s taking good care of our Sungyeol. He’s a Kim you know. ”
 
Sungjong slightly punched Hoya on the arms. “ Why are you so bitter hyung? Hmpph. I’m sure they’re doing fine.” I can’t tell Hoya hyung that Sungyeollie hyung and Myungsoo already did ‘it’.
 
“ You won’t understand Jong. You’re still young at heart. ”
 
“ Woah. Wow ah? You’re the one to talk hyung. You’re only 19 and already stressed with love equations. I know how it feels hyung. It when you're being ignored by the only person you want attention from. It also hurts getting absolutely no love from the only person you're in love with. And it's sad when you get no conversation from the only one you want to talk to.”
 
Hoya looked at Sungjong dumbfounded. “ This brat! Who are you in love wi– ”
 
“ Hello? ” Sungjong thanked the heavens for a phone call came in. “ Oh Sungkyu hyung . . ”
 
Hoya turned his back to follow up the shoes he ordered. After paying, he assisted Sungjong who’s still on the phone – smiling to whatever Sungkyu is saying over the line. “ Okay. We’ll be there. Bye, see you in a bit.” Sungjong pocketed his phone.
 
“ Let’s go hyung. They are waiting for us. ”
 
 
 
A photo studio.
 
It is Sungkyu’s plan to have their pictures taken professionally. For months, he had considered this bunch of little monsters as his family. In spite of the conflicts and misunderstandings, he knows someday that they will find ways to iron their problems.
 
He told Woohyun about this and he was pleased that his now boyfriend liked the idea. So they head straight to the closest mall wherein there’s a photo studio. Myungsoo and Sungyeol are supposed to go somewhere but he excused his brother and forcefully asked him to agree. Sungkyu found out that Sungjong and Hoya were already out so he phone called Sungjong and asked their whereabouts. Good thing though that they are in the same mall. And he will not let this moment be incomplete just because of Dongwoo. His bestfriend looks quite a little gloomy and refused to tag along. Even Woohyun can’t let Dongwoo say yes.
 
“ Sungkyu? Can we just postpone it for now? I think my Dongwoo hyung is really feeling a bit unwell. And it because I don’t know what he is upset about.”
 
“ ‘Ya Dongwoo-ah. ” Sungkyu sat beside Dongwoo by the bed. “ We’re going out to play. Why don’t you want to join us? ”
 
Dongwoo gives no reaction as he continuely plays with the hem of his shirt, humming to a song.
 
“ Okay Woohyun, let’s just go and have fun by ourselves. Let’s eat some carbonara pasta later and some meat. We’ll have wine and many more. ” Sungkyu pulled Woohyun out of the room.
 
“ Do you know where I can buy this giraffe stuff toy. I am planning to buy it for someone –  ” Woohyun gets the idea but then Dongwoo stood up and grabs some clothes from his closet.
 
“ I am just going to change. And don’t remind me why I love you both. ” says Dongwoo who made his way to the bathroom.
 
 
 
“ What kind of pictorial would it be? ” Sungyeol asks while braiding Sungjong’s hair.
 
Sungkyu finds it cute. “ I want it to be like . . a wonderful piece of art. Family-like photo but I don’t want us to go for that that serious poses from television dramas. ”
 
“ Are we going to change what we are wearing now? ” asked Sungjong. “ Eh? Sungyeollie hyung? Why braid it like this? You said you’re just going to tie some strands. ”
 
Woohyun laughs at the two. It’s quite rare that Sungjong and Sungyeol aren’t shouting and fighting. “ We can have outfits too. ”
 
 
The photographer called in for them. Sungkyu was the one who decided on what they are going to wear – a dark strong image style because he thinks they will look hot with these kind of clothing. The others complained after seeing the said outfit. Some say they looked like thugs and or delinquents. But at the end, it was still Sungkyu’s decision that prevailed.
 
A while after, Myungsoo noticed a strange aura going around between Hoya and Dongwoo. It is uncanny since he thinks that the two are close friends in their owns – well because they both work at the same place every night till dawn. “ A photo seems like a story. Everyone can tell the real and fake smiles in between. But it can’t predict the ending. ”
 
“ Are you an expert in photography? ” Myungsoo heard Sungjong who sat near him.
 
“ Not much. Hey, nice hair. ”
 
“ Oh. It was Sungyeol – ”
 
“ Not because Yeol did it. ” Myungsoo cut him off. “ Simply because it suits you. I personally think that no matter what angle, it would look good on you. ”
 
 
Woohyun takes one final glance at his reflection. Maybe they can have new beginnings if they all start hanging out together more. And it does not mean couple by couple. Woohyun smiled upon seeing Sungkyu on the mirror too, back-hugging him. “ Thank you for all of these Sungkyu-ssi. For everything that you put up with me and especially with my Dongwoo hyung. Although he has been your friend even before I met you. I couldn’t ask for more.”
 
Sungkyu rested his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder. And it is such a cute scene since Woohyun is shorter than him. “ I have only one wish Woohyun-ah. ”
 
“ What is it ? ”
 
“ If I could have just one wish; I would wish to wake up everyday to the sound of your breath on my neck . . ” Sungkyu spoke of these words as he leans his mouth closer to Woohyun’s neck.
 
“ . . The warmth of your lips on my cheek . . ” then gives Woohyun a peck on the cheek which the younger laughed at.
 
“ . . the touch of your fingers on my skin . . ” Sungkyu took Woohyun’s hands and locked it with his.
 
“ . . and the feel of your heart beating with mine . . ” and places them on his chest. Then kissed Woohyun fully on the lips. “ . . knowing that I could never find that feeling with anyone other than you. ”
 
 
 
A white background fills the shooting place with a bench on the center. As the camera flashes Sungyeol who was standing with Myungsoo on his left side, places his hand on his lover’s shoulder. Sungkyu chose to stand next to his brother and does the same pose but to Woohyun who is beside him.
 
On the bench below the lovebirds were the other three. Woohyun has his arms around the seated Sungjong in his front. It was supposed to Dongwoo’s place and Sungjong should have taken the center part since the hyungs told him to use that spot because he is the youngest. But he wants Dongwoo to seat next to Hoya so that the two shall fix whatever issues they have. Dongwoo refused but Sungjong held a grip on his arm. And before the camera’s flash ended, Hoya took Dongwoo’s hand and intertwined their fingers – thus Dongwoo has smiled.
 
A camera can capture lots and loads of memories. Whether in the form of photo or by a video.
But right now, they want to savor the moment as they have capture each other’s hearts.
 
 
 
*if you can see the photo which I have inserted- that's what I have used to describe their family picture*