ONE LESS PROBLEM

INFINITE Relationships
 
A great amount of music can be heard, as they still made talks and conversations through. The time now was 10 in the evening. Although it was said to be a pool party, no one dared to swim yet. As they say, ‘The Epitome of a Party Starts When You Are Planning to Leave Already’.
 
Woohyun took charge of grilling some meat, for barbecue and vegetable skewers. He usually does laze and idle around when it comes to chores – heck the only responsibility he would comply to was taking care of his brother. But when he saw Sungkyu setting the grill, he approached the older to help and volunteered for the task. That’s how he ended up doing this with no regret.
 
“ How’s Sungjong? ” he asked, trying to avoid any awkward moment.
 
Sungkyu added some sauce over the grill set, “ He’s just tired, not drunk. Maybe some things blurted out from his mouth, but he’s young . . . and in pain. ”
 
“ Hyung-nim ? . . ” Woohyun stopped attending to the meat and looked at Sungkyu who has returned the look. “ . . Thank you. For the things you’ve done, I don’t want to state them all because I’m a bit embarrassed and I have quite a pride. I hope you won’t get offended though. You know what I mean, you’re smart just as Myungsoo is. He’s lucky. ”
 
“ I understand but then again of course, it’s okay. But I might get offended though . . ”
 
“ Wh – what ? Ehh why? I know my attitu – ”
 
“ . . If you call me hyung-nim again. ” said Sungkyu with a smile, eyes seem to disappear.
 
“ Then Sungkyu-ah? ”
 
“ Now ain’t that fast ? Calling me with endearment already? ” Sungkyu stood behind Woohyun and put his arms on the younger’s shoulder as he spoke, “ The meat’s burning. ”
 
Without care, Woohyun flipped the meat, “ It’s not the meat that’s burning. It’s my heart. ”
 
Sungkyu’s cheeks were blushed into light pink, even the night’s sky and the few pool light lamps wouldn’t hide that. He just scoffed and made his way inside, to the kitchen.
 
 
 
Prior to that, no one noticed how Hoya was seated from a not so far corner of the swimming pool, legs dipped onto the water. His mind was filled with thoughts about Sungjong’s condition; being physically weak yet emotionally strong. But that attention slowly drifted away when his eyes diverted towards Woohyun and Sungkyu by the grill set.
 
‘ Tsk. Burning burning heart. Your face might burn if my fist landed there.’ Okay. Period. For some point, Hoya does not want to sound like a jealous boyfriend. He can’t be – no, he shouldn’t be jealous because of that. It would be stupid. And to think Sungkyu’s his boss. Besides, he barely knew Woohyun. He looked away when he noticed the sudden blush Sungkyu gave.
 
Hoya has an affection, a liking, and an interest for guys. Yes girls attract him, but sparks aren’t felt. Despite of that body, he tends to love someone of the same gender. It is not wrong, right? To everyone’s eyes and minds, it might be. But what about to his heart?
 
More to that, to be honest, he would admit it if he was asked. He’s not the type who would cross-dress, undergoes surgery for organ change. That would be a no, no. He wants someone to accept him, the way he is. He pulled out of the pool to just forget what he saw. He planned to join Dongwoo on the other side, immersed with the karaoke, who seems to be enjoying the night and not wanting to pass the microphone to anybody. He took a seat beside Myungsoo who smiling like a proud father to Dongwoo.
 
“ You guys can punch in songs that you like ” Dongwoo said, scanning the song book while he tries to catch his breath. He just sang a Celine Dion song, Power of Love to be exact. “ Don’t we have drinks? ” he asked closing the book and absentmindedly giving it to Hoya which the latter took.
 
“ I’ll get it. But it’s a drink appropriate for the night. ” Myungsoo stood up. Kindly warning them with the kind of drink they all knew what.
 
“ Myungmyung, I am not 13. Please give me some, I’m thirsty. ”
 
“ Why with the nicknames you always comes up with? ” but Myungsoo just went back inside to get the drinks.
 
“ If you’re thirsty, drink water instead. ” Hoya said, flipping through the pages of the song book.
 
“ If it’s water, I might strained or forced my voice. Unlike with the special drinks, I get hyped up. ”
 
“ Aren’t you hyped up with your usual self? Anyway, you sang amazingly and it was great. ” Hoya reached for the remote control and entered the song number he has chosen.
 
“ I’m not originally a singer. Isn’t that song way too high you can’t even understand what the singer says? ” Dongwoo narrowed his eyes, looking at the screen.
 
“ Not a singer eyy? Well me too. I just happen to sing and that’s it. I prefer dancing though. Yes the song’s high and I can’t do anything about it but wh – what the – why is it not playing? ” Hoya started to tapped the screen, shooked the remote control and gave a slight soft kick on the karaoke box.
 
Dongwoo held out a laugh, echoed in Hoya’s ears and the latter find it amusing he smiled too. Dongwoo took the remote from him. “ That’s because you haven’t pressed the play button yet. You just punched in a song but didn’t start it. Here let me. Oh, would you like me to change the key, tempo and melody a bit? ” Hoya nodded as answer. He was confused on how such a machine would be able to change the original beat of a song, just for it to adjust to his voice preference.
 
“ I’m a dancer too Hoya. ” Dongwoo noted as the intro of the song began playing. “ Maybe the both of us could work it out too. ”
 
This was the song that came to Hoya’s mind. It felt like the lyrics mirrored what his feelings want to express.
 
Baby even though I hate you, I wanna love you, I want you ooh ooh
Hoya hated the impression Woohyun left on him. He was too arrogant, full of himself, tricks luring him in and grease pouring out from the guy’s skin instead of sweat. But if they did met under a different circumstance, would that change? Yet he kinda tripped with those words which Woohyun used to caught him.
 
Even though I can’t forgive you, I really want to, I want you ooh ooh
Hoya felt a small pitch of disappointment with how Woohyun treated Dongwoo. And even when he found out that Woohyun was part of the rumour along with his brother Sungjong, at their university, he still can’t hold any grudges.
 
Tell me, tell me baby. Why can’t you leave me? ‘Cause even though I shouldn’t want it, I gotta have you. I want you ooh ooh.
Hoya saw how Woohyun approached Sungkyu with a different matter compared to his. Maybe it was his fault for being rude to Woohyun, but can you blame him? Their first meeting seems like Woohyun had already imprinted him.
 
Head in the clouds got no weight on my shoulders. I should be wiser and realize that I’ve got . . .
Hoya likes Woohyun. He can’t confirmed yet if it’s on the ‘crush’ level. And as much as he needs to, he wants to try avoiding it earlier as possible. He would be called a fool for him to feel this way. He needs to stop this before it gets worse. Therefore, he would be natural and try not to get affected by Woohyun’s charms. This is for the best, it won’t cause a problem to them. He should settle his mind into more important matters than this.
 
One less problem without you. I got one less problem without you ooh. I got one less problem without you.
I got one less, one less . . 
 
 
 
“ And the third, . . ” silence filled the room.
 
“ What about the third Sungjonggie? ”
 
“ Myungsoo hyung . . ”
 
“ Since when did you start calling him hyung Jongie eh ? Anyway, what about him? Is he bothering you? I remembered when you shouted back at him this lunch, before you ran off to find Dongwoo hyung-nim. ”
 
“ I guess, I should start calling him hyung from now on. Now that he would be - . . ”
 
“ So? Why is that? Come on Sungjonggie . . ” Sungyeol pulled him to sit up and pinch the younger’s mouth making it look like a pout. “ . . tell your Sungyeollie hyung now pwetty pwease? ”
 
Sungjong took Sungyeol’s hands off of his mouth and ducked himself under the bedsheet covers. “ Mwwoonngsseeu . . ”
 
Sungyeol heard him mumbled. “ Ya brat. I can't understand, can't hear. That’s it. ” he pulled the covers and Sungjong hurriedly hugged his legs, chin on his knees. “ What’s with Myungsoo? ”
 
“ Myungsoo . . . he  . . . he likes  . . ”
 
“ Likesss ?? ” Sungyeol swayed his hand in front of Sungjong, signaling him to go on.
 
“ lackssu ” Sungjong whispered fast. ‘ Argh why can’t I say it ?! Damn it ! ’
 
Sungyeol looked up to the ceiling trying to process what his brother had just told him. ‘ Lackssu . . Lack soup . . Locks you eh no . . Lacks su . . La – Lax ssu AH!! ’ “ Ah!! LAXUS! Yep! Myungsoo likes Laxus! ”
 
A puzzled Sungjong surprised him. “ Who the heck is Laxus? ”
 
“ He’s from the anime Fairy Tail as in T-A-I-L. He’s kinda adopted of some sort and has lightning powers, an S-Class Wizard he is who fought with – ”
 
Sungjong screamed. A moment after Sungkyu rushed into the door. “ What happened? I was down at the kitchen when I heard of it. ”
 
“ Really Sungjong?!! Screaming?? Scream?!! ” said Sungyeol ferociously, unsure of what’s happening to this brat brother of his. He answered Sungkyu’s concern question. “ We were just talking and chilling, that’s it. I must have said something. No worries, hyung-nim. ”
 
“ Okay, then. Sungjong if you’re feeling better, you both come down now. If you want and like too. Barbecue’s on the grill. ” Sungkyu closed the door again and left.
 
“ What the heck’s wrong with you ah? Myungsoo likes Laxus. He’s his favorite anime character. They are both misjudged by everyone. They looked tough on the outside but deep down inside, they have a heart. Now I see you’re okay now. You even had the energy to freaking scream. I wanna join the pool party, I wanna swim. And I want to stop whoever was singing downstairs. Who the fudge are they to sing sweet ballad songs in the middle of a party! It’s time for the best singer Lee Sung Yeol to take the stage. ”
 
Sungyeol just paused for a while. Scanning Sungjong who was pouting directly at him. “ Ya Sungjong. ”
 
The younger exhaled. “ Alright hyung. You go ahead. I am coming down in a bit. I will refreshen up, I looked wasted before. ”
 
Sungyeol ruffled his hair and gave a peck on his forehead. “ Good. Make it fast. I’ll be out now. ” and headed downstairs to join the party outside.
 
Sungjong tries to fold the blankets he disarranged. ‘ Lackssu meant Likes You. ’
 
 
 
Myungsoo brought back some amazing drinks with him. They all gathered around to inspect what he’s got.
 
“ Eh Myungsoo, return these Whiskey and Rum. They’re for old people and for those sort of gangs wearing trenchcoats and a hat. ” Woohyun said.
 
“ Cider? It has not much effect but it should be good. ” Hoya lifted the bottle.
 
“ Wine? We just had wine. ” Sungkyu placed the bottled back on the cart Myungsoo brought.
 
“ Beers are for problematic people who want to get wasted. ” Sungyeol eyed the drink.
 
“ I don’t think Vodka and Tequila would be okay alone, there should be at least some lemon and or salt. ” Dongwoo peeped in.
 
Myungsoo pulled the cart away from them. “ Shall I get some fruit juice instead? Or if you like water, I’d get you guys some straws and then you should start slurping the pool water by then. ”
 
Sungkyu snapped his head. “ Bastard. These would all do. Just choose what you want guys. ”
 
“ Neither of them wants anything hyung. ” Myungsoo retaliated but soon they just agreed to drink what was served.
 
 
“ Sungyeol-ah where’s Sungjong? ” asked Hoya.
 
“ Where were you hyung? You said you will just get some towels yet you never came back. ” said Sungyeol sarcastically.
 
“ I peeped in and saw you two were talking, then I knew he needed no bath. So where’s he now? ”
 
“ Coming down any moment. He said he wants to freshen up himself first. ”
 
 
“ Sungyeol-ah? ” Myungsoo sat next to him, by the poolside. The moonlight was shining down the water. “ Are you mad? ”
 
“ Is there a reason I should be? ” Sungyeol dipped his legs onto the water.
 
“ I just thought you would be. ”
 
“ Is it true? Is Sungjong telling the truth? ”
 
' Had Sungjong told Sungyeol something? ' Myungsoo thought.
 
“ He’s my brother but someti – ”
 
“ Yes. ” he faced Sungyeol. ‘ Did Sungjong confessed my feelings for Sungyeol. Sh*t what feelings? He’s only my bestfriend. Is he? “ Would . . . would you accept it ? ”
 
“ Of course Myungsoo-ah. How can I not? All this time, I’ve known about it. ” Sungyeol answered splashing his legs.
 
“ Really? ”  Myungsoo couldn’t believe it. “ So . . is it really okay for me  . . to . .  you know . . like  – ”
 
“ Ya you’re starting to get creepy. I knew it for a long time already okay. And I can say Laxus’s a pretty good character. At first I was ama – ”
 

Blank.

Frozen.

Flushed

 
“ Lax – La what? ” Myungsoo hit Sungyeol, almost making him fall off the pool.
 
“ Laxus! You maroon. You like Laxus ever since you were a kid right? It’s okay. I’m not mad. Why would I ? I prefer Erza. Ah no wait, Mystogan. I like that dude, full of mysteries and tricks and – ”
 
Myungsoo has not heard the rest of Sungyeol’s babble. ‘ What the did Sungjong say? ’ He stood up and excused himself from the older, stating he needs to pee. Sungyeol even suggested to just do it in the pool. He went back inside wanting to talk to Sungjong. Just in time, he met him coming down the stairs. He immediately dragged the arm of the younger fellow and brought him close to the bathroom but far for anyone’s sight, pinning him on the wall.
 
“ Have you lost your mind?! What did you tell Sungyeol? The ’s wrong with you and about the Laxus thing ah?! ”
 
Sungjong saw how mad Myungsoo’s eyes were. He felt a pang in his heart hearing the older cursed at him. “ What I meant was – ”
 
“ What??!! ”
 
“ Don’t shout at me . . . please ? ” He wanted to remained his composure but he felt like crying.
 
“ Then speak the hell out of it now! ” Myungsoo didn’t shout but his voice was still loud enough to startle the younger.
 
“ I exactly said ‘Myungsoo likes . .  likes you’ but it wasn’t my fault that my brother’s not cleaning his ears well. So he misheard it as ‘Myungsoo likes Laxus’. I didn’t even know who was that mother freaking Laxus is. ”
 
Myungsoo sighed and gets closer to Sungjong. His face next to his, both can hear their breathing. Myungsoo was holding the younger on both shoulders. He lift one of his hand and cupped Sungjong’s chin.
 
“ Stop. ” he whispered in his ear. He's trying not to get angry. He's mad yes, but does not hope to go beyond that.
 
“ I don’t know how. And why either. I want you to figure out your feelings for my brother. So you would stop doing - . .  this to me again. ” Sungjong spoke through Myungsoo’s ear as well.
 
“ Well I don’t know what and why I’m doing so much force to you always. ” Myungsoo released the grip on Sungjong’s shoulder and now palmed his wrist. The other hand was still slightly brushing the younger’s chin. “ Just don’t interfere with Sungyeol and I again. Don’t try to help. I don’t want to hurt you physically. I might get violent at some times when things I want, go astray. ”
 
Sungjong closed his eyes. “ I’m always hurt. What’s new? ”
 
Myungsoo looked at him, tip of their noses touching, only to find Sungjong’s eyes were calmly closed, but traces of tears slowly forming were there. He fixed Sungjong’s bangs, which made the latter opened his eyes, sight directed to his. And suddenly tears roamed down his face.
 
He bent down, avoiding Myungsoo’s gaze. Sungjong felt pathetic, useless, worthless, hopeless “ I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’ll never do that again. ” he cried.
 
This time, Myungsoo hugged the boy. One hand on Sungjong’s head, the other on the waist. “ I . . – I’m sorry. I was mean to you. ”
 
But Sungjong’s sobs weren’t stopping or even easing down. ‘ How can I be like this? I am so weak! People hates me. No one would want me after this. I am such an embarrassment. ’
 
“ Next time, just don’t do it again okay? ” Myungsoo tighten the hug. He felt bad for going so physically and verbally cruel to him. “ Just let  . . let me . . feelings like this aren’t supposed to be told by anyone okay? Stop now. Don’t cry. ”
 
 
 
“ Just let  . . let me . . feelings like this aren’t supposed to be told by anyone okay? Stop now. Don’t cry. ”
“ What does he mean by that? Did he kissed Sungjong? I got here and that’s what I seem to see. ” without Myungsoo and Sungjong knowing, someone was watching them.
 
 
 
 
 
* Hoya's cover of AG's Problem. At first I didn't like the song. The beat was good, okay. But I can't understand her, like she was just screaming and shouting.
Anyway, I don't dislike her. I even watched her shows on Nickelodeon.
But after hearing Hoya's cover, whichi he uploaded on his Youtube account, it was pretty damn well.
To be honest, I understand the lyrics when Hoya sang it.
Thank you <3