EXCHANGE OF HEARTS

INFINITE Relationships
The beard man looks to his sidemen as he gazes on a pair of eyes behind Myungsoo and Sungyeol. He then ordered them while pointing his finger to Sungjong. “ Get that girl. ”
 
“ Wait , what? ” Sungjong exclaimed as he drops his pen over the paper. Sungkyu and Woohyun are out and they were told that the two are currently at the Kims’ parents’ mansion for dinner. His Hoya hyung just left to go to work as usual. And that have him at home with another pair of lovers, Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Sungjong is busy working on his short story for Literature Arts and Languages when he asked Sungyeol for help.
 
“ That’s the cliff hanger there. ” Sungyeol says. “ The kidnappers would mistake you for a girl then they will take you, and Myungsoo and I can’t do anything because we are beaten badly as well. ”
 
“ Isn’t that . . intriguing but at the same time lame? The storyline is supposed to be about friendship. ”
 
“ Exactly. You will be taken away from us and after a few years we would meet again. Like destiny. ”
 
“ Then whatever happen to finding Dongwoo and Woohyun? The pace of your suggested concept is quite on the wrong path. ”
 
Myungsoo feels like Sungyeol’s idea is a bit off but he wants to side with his boyfriend. “ I think Sungyeol’s suggestion sounds good –”
 
“ Anything Sungyeollie hyung says would always be good to you. ” Sungjong cut him off without even looking at him as he places his paper works inside his bag. “ Anyway hyung, I will just add some details. Thank you, I have to go to bed now. I will sleep at the twin hyungs’ room so you’ll have the night with one another. Goodnight Sungyeollie hyung. ”
 
“ Did something happened between you two? I thought you’re getting along fine these months? ” Sungyeol asked Myungsoo when Sungjong took his leave already. But the other remained quiet only.
 
Sungyeol took Myungsoo’s hands on his. He knew that even after Sungjong’s crying accident and Myungsoo breaking down as he cries too with Sungkyu having them apologize to one another – he feels like there is something going on around them. He sometimes catch Myungsoo staring at Sungjong. One moment, Sungyeol and Myungsoo came back from a recent date happily and it was Sungjong who opened the door for them. The young lad thought it was Woohyun as he smiles, but soon it faded away upon seeing them. He noticed too, how Sungjong would only greet him and not Myungsoo.
 
“ Myung? Let’s go to bed too. ”
 
 
 
A week has passed and it is Christmas now but the same flow of relationship that goes through them still lingers. Woohyun and Sungkyu would go on dates with Myungsoo and Sungyeol tagging along. And Sungjong is getting the hang of going to the bar where Hoya and Dongwoo works.
 
As promised, the seven of them would be celebrating their Christmas Eve at the mansion of the Kims’ parents. The awkward borderline the boys have in between has to be set aside because it’s Christmas, they say. And for goodness sake, who wants to be angsty and full of grudges always?
 
“ Omo, so you’re the Sungyeol of my Myungsoo. ” Mrs. Kim rushed over the tall teen.
 
Sungkyu snorted after giving his coat to one of the maids. “ Come on in guys! Don’t be shy and feel at home. We can’t do anything about it anyway. ”
 
Mrs. Kim glanced over the new faces who have just arrived. Her eyes landed on her favorite most known friend of his son. “ Dongwoo dear! ”
 
“ Auntie! ” as always, a hug would follow.
 
“ Mind introducing me to your friends since my sons don’t seem to care? ”
 
“ I am going to greet daddy in his workroom mommy. Can you stop being melodramatic? And besides, Myungsoo is down the hall showing Woohyun where the bathroom is again. ” and with that, Sungkyu made his way upstairs.
 
“ Don’t worry. You have me auntie. ” Dongwoo pulled Hoya upfront. “ This is Lee Sung Won. But his name was changed into Lee Ho Won. Just call him Hoya, auntie. He used to work under Gyu hyung as Myungsoo’s driver but now he’s working at the bar. ”
 
“ Good evening. Nice to meet you, I’m Hoya. ” he says extending his arm supporting a hand under as a sign of respect, which was reciprocated by the woman.
 
“ How could my sons let this cute man work under him? ”
 
Upon hearing the word ‘cute’, it made Hoya flinched and has his brothers, Sungyeol and Sungjong laughing at him.
 
“ He’s cute right auntie? He’s the eldest of the Lee siblings. ” teases Dongwoo and then he moves closer to Mrs. Kim by the ear and whispered something.
 
“ Really? Omomomo my Dongwoo dear. ” laughing like a socialite.
 
“ Moving on, you’ve met Myungsoo’s boyfriend, Lee Sung Yeol, the middle child. ”
 
Mrs. Kim kissed Sungyeol’s cheeks. “ It’s really a pleasure seeing the man my son loves. You are so pretty. ” she commented.
 
“ Ah. Thank you. But I am not the pretty one, meet my younger brother. ” he coaxed Sungjong to move forward.
 
“ Good evening, Ma’am. Nice to meet you, my name is Lee Sung Jong. ” even bowing after his greeting.
 
Mrs. Kim scanned him from head to toes. “ Such a lovely, respectful, handsome boy. Looking at you won’t make me wonder why a guy would be attracted to you. ”
 
A butler came in with the information that dinner is served. A simple dinner was requested by Mr. Kim. He do not wish to show how flashy they are and just be humble at this time of the year. Right after, Mr. and Mrs. Kim has to attend a Christmas Party held by the board of directors of their company. And this upsets Myungsoo.
 
“ Baby, we’d be back after eve and by tomorrow we’ll see each other especially at Christmas Day. ”
 
Giving in a pout but didn’t work, “ Mommy you promised. What’s the point of having us here if you’re not around? ”
 
Mr. Kim cleared his throat. “ Myungsoo. ”
 
“ We will back my baby boy. ” Mrs. Kim kissed him on his lips.
 
“ Eeww. ”
 
“ What do you mean eeww, come here young man. ” Mrs. Kim literally chases after Sungkyu and then left when she managed to plant a kiss on his sons.
 
“ You don’t like kissing your mom Sungkyu-ssi? ” Woohyun asks, Sungkyu seated besides him.
 
“ Of course I do, it’s just that. A kiss . . on the lips . . from my mommy? . . at this age? ”
 
“ So you do admit you’re old. ”
 
“ Hey you Lee Sung Yeol! You got guts teasing me now hey? ”
 
“ Leave my brother alone. ” they all turned to Hoya who sounded so serious. They thought he would choose a fight again but what came from his mouth made them surprised and had them smilling like idiots. “ What? I think the reason you don’t like your mom kissing you on the lips, because you want Woohyun-ssi to do that to you only. ”
 
Sungkyu doesn’t know how to take Hoya’s joke. He is contemplating if Hoya’s serious or really playing around.
 
“ Oh I see. ” he heard Sungjong from the other side of the sofa.
 
“ Ya. What do you mean by that? You’re still young Sungjong-ah and your hyungs are definitely teaching you malicious things. ”
 
Myungsoo remembered something about Sungjong. “ Actually it’s Sungjong who knows much than his hyungs. ” and Sungjong just smiled at it.
 
Dongwoo began laughing. “ What’s wrong with these erted kids! ”
 
“ You. ” Hoya pulled him down to seat on his lap. “ Stop acting so innocent. ”
 
“ The is this hyung? ” Sungyeol was obviously confused and shocked as Sungkyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo.
 
“ What? ” Hoya asks innocently as he wrapped his arms around the waist of Dongwoo.
 
Myungsoo snickered at the action. “ Ooh. I guess you should be the one that needs to stop acting innocent. ”
 
“ They finally realized that they shouldn’t push and pull anymore. ” answered Sungjong.
 
Dongwoo gave out a sweet smile. “ He has been running away before while I kept on waiting. And now I am waiting again with my arms open wide as he runs again, only this time his direction is towards me. ”
 
Sungkyu and Woohyun looked at each other. “ The grease runs in the family. ” says Sungkyu.
 
“ Woohyun-ssi . . ” Hoya called for him and had their eyes met. “ I hope . . I hope it’s okay if I date your brother, your twin hyung, your link. This isn’t a sudden feeling, I assure you. But a realization that I might have been chasing the wrong dream. Would you wish us happiness? Because . . I’m . . I’m happy for you and Sungkyu. ”
 
There was a paused between their gazes before Woohyun finally said a word. “ Thank you. Thank you for taking care of my brother. And of course you can. ”
 
Dongwoo stood up from Hoya’s lap and run to hugged his brother. “ My Woohyunnie! ”
 
“ Okay! Presents time! ”
 
The boys decided to have an exchange gift session. Sungkyu gathered them one morning and draw lots to whoever they get to give gifts with. There is no wishlist though, he wants each to think of a gift to be given without requesting for anything.
 
“ I will start. ” Sungkyu stood up. “ The person that I got is a charming one. So it had me thinking, what can I give him that would suit his character? I was searching for an ideal gift on Instagram since you know, I can find latest and cool – ”
 
“ Wait . . You have Instagram? ” asked Dongwoo, making Sungkyu taken aback.
 
“ I used Myungsoo’s. Anyway . . – ”
 
“ You said a gift from the heart, so why were you rummaging through my phone? ”
 
“ AS I WAS SAYING . . I did search for any gift ideas but I got no results. And so – ”
 
Hoya laughed and got their attention. “ Why are you talking too much? Why can’t you just say the name and a few words for him then boom? ” and it made the others laughed too.
 
“ Okay. Fine. The moment I laid my eyes on this, I knew I should not let it go. Come here Sungjong-ah. ” The others cooed at them, watching their youngest stand next to the eldest. Sungkyu hands him a box wrapped with a ribbon. To everyone’s surprised, Woohyun was even more anxious.
 
A couple bracelet.
 
 
“ But I have no one to give the other pair to – ”
 
“ You take the red, the one with the lock. ” Sungkyu said putting it on Sungjong’s wrist. “ I’ll have the one with the key. This is much better and more beautiful seeing on your wrist, than some sharp objects. ” he stated with a wink on the younger. “ Like how the key opens a lock, you’ve opened my cautious yet small eyes to how brave you are Sungjong-ah. I clearly know that you have your hyungs with you but I hope too that from now on, you won’t hesitate to talk to me, depend on me more and trust me as well. You are the youngest now of my family, so expect that I can spoil you at times as well. Merry Christmas? ”
 
Sungjong’s tears weren’t dropping because of sadness but rather of joy. He hugs him tightly, “ Merry Christmas Sungkyu hyung. ”
 
“ You’re unfair. ” they heard Woohyun.
 
“ Don’t be down Woohyunnie, couple rings are much better for couples. ”
 
Woohyun has his eyes glaring on the floor but Sungkyu just laughs at how cute he is. “ Your turn, Sungjong. ”
 
“ Well this . . ” he started, with the paper bag on his hands. “ . . this is . . for my angel. ”
 
“ Who? ” they all asked but Dongwoo danced to his feet. “ Me me me me me! ” He excitedly opened his gift, “ Ooh wow! Aigoo Sungjong, this bag is so cute! ”
 
 
“ It might be plain in color, but it’s just like you. ”
 
“ The dinosaur? ”
 
“ Hahaha no. Well maybe. I meant to say, you are simple and carefree Dongwoo hyung. Woohyun-ssi is so blessed to have  a brother like you. Sometimes I wonder if I should stop calling you hyung because you only like it when Woohyun is the only one who calls you hyung. So, I guess my angel won’t be too much? ”

Dongwoo wrapped his arms around Sungjong. “ I can always make an exception. ” ending it with a kiss on the cheek.
 
“ Hey I saw that! ” Hoya said.
 
Sungyeol looked at him. “ To whom are you worried about, Dongwoo-ssi cheek-pecking our brother or our brother being kissed by your lover – ” he wasn’t able to finished his sentence because he saw  a flying pillow on his sight.
 
“ Sungjong’s been getting the good stuffs this night. ” another comment came out of Woohyun’s mouth again.
 
Myungsoo picked up the pillow Hoya threw. “ We got another jelly boy here who’s jealous with your youngest. ” he whispered to Sungyeol. “ First his boyfriend, and now his brother. ”
 
They all continued with the gift-givings, as this time it’s Dongwoo’s turn. “ When I read the paper I picked and it showed me his name, I don’t know what would I be giving this boy. To be honest, we are not that close. I am more playful than him so I guess he can’t see any maturity in me. I hope you will like this, Myungsoo-ah. ”
 
Myungsoo walked towards him to received the big box. When he opens it, a box was inside. As he opens it again, there’s another and it continued, a box in a box in a box. He was getting frustrated with the kind of wrapping, add up the laughter from the rest. It all stops when it comes down to a small box nearly the size of a wedding ring box. He opened it and to his wonder, a key was inside. So he asked Dongwoo to be sure.
 
“ Is . . this a car key? ”
 
“ A CAR KEY ?!! ” they all shouted at their surprise.
 
Dongwoo just smiled, “ Yes. ”
 
“ Yes?! ” Myungsoo repeats but his eyes can spell so much happiness.
 
“ Why are you giving him a car hyung? ” asked Woohyun.
 
Sungkyu held a grip on Dongwoo’s shoulders, “ My brother failed his driving examinations for so many times! He has no license! ”
 
“ A car for a Christmas gift. ” Sungyeol commented and glanced at Hoya who said “ How much would that cost? ”
 
“ Is it parked outside with a ribbon on it? ” Sungjong asks.
 
“ No. It’s the key for now. The car is set to be delivered at our house in two days. ” Dongwoo continues, “ I can’t bring the car here at Auntie’s place. And if Myungsoo  is worried about his driver’s license, I got it handled. My classmate in Psychology class has had his father do the work. His father studied all past entries of Kim Myung Soo for car license registration and he took it into consideration. ” he grabbed his wallet and picked the license card. “ Here. This is not illegal, just saying. Myungsoo did pass from his previous driving lessons, but my classmate’s father found out that the driving school Myungsoo enrolled in fails him on purpose so he would go try again. And it means, paying again. ”
 
Sungkyu sighed, “ He failed because he care less of the humps, brakes and stoplights. ”
 
“ No he didn’t. I have his papers here, it says PASSED. The driving school tricked you, no worries. That place has been taken down already. ”
 
Suddenly, Dongwoo felt someone hugged him from behind. “ Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! I don’t know why would you think of this but . . I just . .you are so kind. ” Myungsoo’s voice trailed off and they for sure heard him sobbing. “ Daddy and Sungkyu hyung takes good care of me, both in paternal and brotherly ways. But there are no other older guys out there who looks after me more than you do and I was oblivious to it. I promise I would do the same as well to you. ”
 
Dongwoo faced the boy and wiped some of the tears formed. “ Don’t cry hey. ”
 
“ So how does this car looks? ” Woohyun grunted.
 
They gathered around as Dongwoo showed them the picture on his phone. “ Aston Martin One 77. I wanted a black one, but they aren’t available in our country. ”
 
 
Awe was left and Sungkyu felt like Myungsoo is now considering Dongwoo as his brother. “ If that so, then I will adopt Woohyun to myself more. ”
 
“ What is this? ” Sungkyu’s daydreams stopped when an envelope came into his sight. It’s Myungsoo’s present. He instantly grabbed it from him. “ Tickets for two . . at a hotel ? ”
 
“ Plane tickets and accommodations outside the countries are damn expensive but I can afford it. Though I figured it’s best to spend a vacation here in our own place and help the economy as well. ”
 
“ Stop speaking so wise, where is this Haeundae Grand Hotel anyway? ”
 
 
“ Busan. The place is totally amazing and awesome just by looking at it. I have included some gift certificates too, which you can access at Shinsegae – you know, that luxurious mall. ”
 
 
“ Uhmm . . thanks? ” Sungkyu smacked his brother’s head. “ Studying well and showing me your good grades would be better next time okay? Still, thank you! ”
 
Since Sungkyu’s got Sungjong which they did already, that left Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol. Woohyun volunteered to do his. He picked out the gift and pushes it towards Sungyeol’s. “ Open it quickly. ”
 
When Sungyeol unwrapped the box, he suddenly flashed a gummy smile on Woohyun. “ Ah . . thanks bro. ”
 
“ A G-Wheel? ” says Myungsoo. “ Wouldn’t that kinda be useless since we all go to school by cars? ”
 
But Sungyeol hushed his boyfriend. “ Babe, it’s not just a G-Wheel, it’s more like a Wheelman Skateboard. This one is run by gas. ”
 
 
He then turned to Woohyun to smile brightly at him, “ Thank you Woohyun-ssi. You really are twins with Dongwoo, you both unknowingly gave out cool rides. And a coincidence, for me and Myungsoo too. ”
 
Now it’s basically obvious that the one Sungyeol got is Hoya and his brother ended up picking Woohyun for this exchanging of gifts. But to start with Sungyeol’s gift, he gave Hoya a folder that seems like it contains files. “ I didn’t bother wrapping it up in fancy, hyung. I thought I’ll just hand it over you with no decorations. It’s what it has inside that matters. I guess. ”
 
Hoya scans over the folder’s contents and suddenly he felt a lump on his throat. Truth be told, he wanted to cry. He was moved by Sungyeol’s efforts. “ Where . . how, how did you do this? ”
 
Sungyeol places his arm around Hoya’s shoulder. “ I have planning this for three months now. And I was lucky that you’re the one I picked. ”
 
 
What he gave his older brother are files for enrollment application forms for Gae Oh University. It includes papers where Hoya can try scholarship under Academics, Music or Sports. With long been planned, Sungyeol has finally had a budget to pay for the school’s admission fee. Sungyeol wants Hoya to study as well – since the latter hasn’t gone to college yet.
 
Hoya’s smiles did make him cute, inspite of the manly physique he has. He hates to admit it but all along, it has always been Sungjong whom he takes care and looks after more. He believes because Sungjong’s young, vulnerable and Sungyeol’s already mature and quite independent. But he has forgotten and only realizes now that both of his siblings are in need of guidance, attention, proper care and love – ever since that unfateful day that happened to their parents.
 
He looked up at Sungyeol who’s far more taller than him. When he felt Sungyeol’s embrace wrapped around him, Hoya instantly hugged him back as well.
 
“ Okay. let’s get this done. Enough with the drama, it’s Christmas for crying out loud! ” Sungyeol retorted, but he just doesn’t want to cry, though he’s almost doing it.
 
As obvious as it is, the one Hoya got is Woohyun. At first, he didn’t know what to give him. What can he? He has given him everything before – love, attention but it all turns into nothing. But he’s glad that it all ended anyway, for he’s with a smiling dinosaur now.
 
Even Woohyun wonders what kind of gift would he receive from the younger. As he opens the bags – yes, three shopping bags to be exact; he chuckled upon seeing the cute sweaters.
 
 
“ I hope it suits your style. If you wish to change it, I can – ”
 
“ What are you saying man? I’m loving it. Thank you, Hoya-ssi. ” he smiled with full of sincerity.
 
And it was imaged by Hoya. “ You’re welcome, Woohyun-ssi. ”
 
After the exchange of gifts, the time told them it’s already quarter to two in the morning (1:45am). So they decided to shower up and get some sleep. Sungkyu and Myungsoo went to separate rooms – their previous bedrooms which they used to stay at when they were still living in the mansion. Dongwoo has his own room at the Kims’ Mansion since Mrs. Kim really favors him a lot. So Woohyun requested to share the room with him. The older twin loved the idea since it’s been long since he had bonded with his Woohyunnie. While Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong chose to stay together at the guest room.
 
Once they are in their perspective rooms, none of them goes to dreamland yet.
Each of the brothers, twins and siblings shared the dawn talking to one another about everything – their feelings and secrets are to be revealed.
 
 
* Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you so much <3 *