A SPLASH OF HOPE

INFINITE Relationships
 
Myungsoo has been playing with his pillows for quite a while now. The room that he would be staying for this four days – three nights trip satisfies his needs. It contains two bedrooms with a lamp table in between only. And the person on the other bed is no different.
 
When Hoya arrived at the said place, having Myungsoo as his roommate with him, he immediately settles for his luggage and places them on the closet. Myungsoo chose the bed closer to the windowsill – with the seaside view from outside. Although the room is exclusively looking fine with small couches and coffee tables, a television set, walk-in closet, a bathroom with shower and bathtub plus the verenda next to their beds, that makes it simply perfect.
 
Another thing this room has is the total awkwardness between the two. Neither were enunciating the talk nor one wanted to speak. They would just clear their throats from time to time.
 
“ Sungkyu hyung is stupid. ” Myungsoo exclaimed. He doesn’t care if Hoya would respond or not. He just wants to expressed what he feels inside now.
 
Hoya continues with his sit-ups on the bed when he answered back. “ If you are talking about how he grilled you back there, well I think he has his reasons. As an older brother, I understand him and I might do the same if Sungyeol and Sungjong would just disburse the money I am working hard for. ”
 
“ I know that. I had Sungkyu hyung at that. ” he knows it was very wrong to break the trust his brother gave him when he used his credit card. But Myungsoo thinks it wasn’t just for himself but for the others as well. “ Anyway, look at it. He could have borrowed a private plane from daddy instead of us having to fly differently. ”
 
“ That’s because . . ” Hoya paused for a second. “ . . Even though I am not that close to him, I felt he just wanted to be simple. He is very down-to-earth, humble. When I’m on his office and sees him with that sight, there were times where he pushed and pulled his employees. But he is a good person who only wants what’s good for us. He never asked anything from us. Now who are we not to grant or give something in return for him just by simply being good teenagers? ”
 
Myungsoo scans any reaction from him before he asked him again. “ Even if it had to do anything with Woohyun? ” If there is one thing he wants to talk about with Hoya, it’s got to be “Woohyun”. Though Sungkyu is his brother, he thinks most of them know how it was a Woohyun-Hoya thing before.
 
“ Yes. ”
 
“ So you eventually just gave up on Woohyun? ”
 
“ I didn’t give up. I tried – ”
 
“ Yet you didn’t try harder. ”
 
“ I didn’t give up on him. I never wanted to do. But I just had to accept everything. ”
 
“ And what about Dongwoo-ssi now? ”
 
“ What about him? Wait, do you think I am just using Dongwoo as a painkiller? ”
 
“ I don’t know with you. ”
 
“ I like him! ” Hoya then moved pass him and opens the veranda, letting the fresh breezy air embrace him. “ Dongwoo . . he’s . . we are okay . . and fine . . ” He then felt a hand grip by on his shoulder.
 
“ I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry. ”
 
“ It’s okay. Is there anything else you want to know? ”
 
“ We are both kinda awkward with one another but I guess talking would definitely makes us a bit closer. ”
 
Hoya chuckled at his ment. “ Then let’s have fun. Why don’t we start with me giving you things you should know about Sungyeol, from the tiniest to the dirtiest, hmm? ”
 
 
“ Well, I don’t snore. ”
 
“ How would you know? At least I am honest that I do. ”
 
“ Why did I end up rooming with you? ” asked Sungkyu as he watch Sungyeol folds his clothes neatly. Yes. And it surprised him how this kid knows how to do it neatly or even knows how to fold them.
 
“ You know, you could have simply divided the three available rooms for the three family. You Kims, us Lees and the JangNam Style Woos. ”
 
“ Isn’t it common already for us to room with our brothers? I think for a change, we try a different roommate. ” he stood up and changes his attire to a much more comfortable one. He didn’t bother doing it with Sungyeol around.
 
“ Were you . . perhaps expecting that you would randomly be room with Woohyun? ” a smile was plastered on his face that made the older irk a bit. “ Were you testing if destiny is gonna be like dropping by and then you and Woohyun-ssi ends up in the same room, eh? ”
 
“ Not because you are Myungsoo’s boyfriend I can let your tongue slip pass like that. ”
 
“ Dirty grandpa. ”
 
“ What?! ”
 
“ I meant that pathetic film anyway . . do we have access to those water sports out there? ”
 
“ Apparently, no. But no worries, this trip is on me. So behave.”
 
 
Jetpack hybrid flyboarding is the most sought activity here in Saipan. It is about having the balance in mid-air with a set of tube-like jetski behind your backs that will help you to boost yourself up above the waves. Only Myungsoo and Woohyun succeeded in balancing while the others would fall even before they start. They tried the giant slide next and although Sungjong bumped his head, it’s much less of a feeling compared to Dongwoo who scraped his chin and knees,  – well because he ride down the slide, positioned on his stomach. Pretending to be Superman.
 
Next, they played by the pool pushing one another, childishly. Sungyeol caught water on his ears and it took him minutes of jumping around, slightly hitting the sides of his temple for it to come out. And Sungkyu’s embarrassing moment came when he told them he’s good with his English skills, but when a foreigner passed by, it seems like he was flushed down by the toilet. And Hoya was no exception, he slipped on a wet tile but fortunately regained his composure.
 
They headed for the Ede Aniel after some break. It is a single two-seater ride where water shall splash on you as you pass by around the course. But the said pace for this trail bear a resemblance to the rollercoaster's track.
 
Sungkyu admitted that he is not into this ride yet Woohyun assures him that it’ll be fine but he laughs at his boyfriend being a scaredy act. Seeing this situation, Sungjong already knew that he would end up being alone with no one to share the ride with him. But he brushed it off since he really wanted to get on with this one. Extreme rides, even on amusement parks were only a piece of chicken for him. As they each take their turns to ride couple by couple, Sungjong secretly asked one of the assisting crew if he would be allowed to ride by himself.
 
" I am sorry Sir. But in order for the wheels to have its proper balance, it is advisable to go on pairs. "
 
Sungjong fully understands. When he sees them readies for the ride from afar, he knew he should just step out of the line and just wait for them outside.
 
" I'm alone too. " He then heard someone from behind him. As he turned around to look at this person, Sungjong found the owner of the voice. " If you don't mind, we can go together. "
 
Sungyeol and Myungsoo's hands were intertwined for the whole ride. This is a perfect date. Set aside the fact that yes they might have come altogether to bond more and straighten their issues, but the two does need time also for their own. Part of their clothing had already been wet due to the continuous waves of water. Whenever the ride slows down, Myungsoo would lean closer to Sungyeol and pecks his cheek while the latter would just bumped his forehead against his lover's.
 
This is the most Dongwoo has seen Hoya laugh. Everytime their seat passes by a smooth track, Hoya remains calm and would laugh awkwardly. He is not that scared of the ride being fast, only when it goes up. Poor little Hoya seems to be not friends with height - exclude the fact that he's lacking it. He glanced at Dongwoo who was just staring at him. " Why? ". The older shrugs and smiled at him. He likes what he’s seeing, Hoya not pretending to be strong. " Nothing. It's the final round before this ride ends, we are going up again. If you want to scream then do it. " But Hoya didn't do it. Instead, when they've reached the top, he wrapped an arm over Dongwoo's shoulders and held his hand. And they both shouted going down as Dongwoo hugs him by his waist.
 
There is a given seatbelt around your waist that is sufficiently and strongly enough for you to survive this ride. Yet Sungkyu had both of his hands gripping tight on the handrail, shouting here and there. He even choked himself when water came in contact with his mouth. Woohyun was laughing at him for the entire time, tears on his eyes while clapping his hands like a seal whenever Sungkyu shouts for " Oh . . Oh . . Woah~ Mommy!! " and he would just pat his back, still plastered on his face of how happy he is to see the almighty Sungkyu like this.
 
" This is so embarrassing. I feel my heart coming out any moment. " says Sungkyu as they head for their way out.
 
Woohyun teasingly punched his chest. " Don't worry. I'll catch it. "
 
" Cheese stick. " Sungyeol said through his nose softly implying how cheesy Woohyun is - which resulted for the two to chase around in circles. Myungsoo doesn't mind the jealousy or insecurity for Woohyun anymore. Myungsoo trusts Sungyeol, vice versa. And on another point, Woohyun is a good friend and was unmindful of everything.
 
Sungyeol ran and hides behind Hoya. But it can't be considered hiding since he's taller than him. " Hoya hyung, save me. "
 
Woohyun, on the other hand, approached his twin who was near Hoya. " Dongwoo hyung, help me. "
 
Sungkyu pulled a paper from his pocket, soaked wet. It's the list of the all the water activities they will visit. He complains to himself but his thoughts were put on hold when he heard Myungsoo said, " Where's Sungjong? ". He looked up to his brother, then to the other four who was busy ganging up on their older brothers. Both he and Myungsoo now scans all over the place until he called for them.
 
" Guys! " he breathes heavily as panic strikes him. “ Sungjong. ”
 
" You . . " Hoya looked at Sungyeol and realizes that their youngest couldn't be with him. " Oh sh!t. "
 
Woohyun then tries to recalls who went with who. " Me, Gyu, Myung, Yeol, twinnie and Hoya. Oh great. "
 
" Stupid! I'm such a fool. How could I not know? "
 
" Hyung, don't blame yourself. None of us realizes it too. I mean, it's really stupid. " Sungyeol rested his hand on his hyung's shoulder. " We were pre-occupied with one another that we forgot to . . " he ended with a sighed.
 
Sungkyu wanted to call Sungjong but that would be impossible since they decided to leave their phones back at the hotel - to avoid getting it wet and because it might distract them. Besides, this is a family bonding, who would they even call? " He's right. Sungjong would definitely not want us to think of that way. "
 
Myungsoo stepped in to the conversation. " Should we split up? Maybe he decided not to take the ride as well. Or maybe he’s gone back to the hotel. "
 
Dongwoo continues to search and look around, even tiptoeing just so he can see more. " There he is! " they all turned to where he pointed. " Oh, who is that guy? "
 
They all felt relieved to see him coming. But something inside Sungyeol and Hoya were rising. When Sungjong got up to them, he apologizes for being late. He presumed he would be though. He told them how he still took the ride even without them. But during the last round, the rides were suddenly slowed down - a technical problem happened. So it was only now how he just finished completing the course.
 
" And who is this? " Hoya asked, pointing a finger towards the man Sungjong is with. The dude stands taller than Sungyeol and more masculine than Hoya.
 
Dongwoo stood closer and puts down the raised finger of Hoya. " It's rude to point. " he whispered.
 
" Oops. I'm really sorry. " Sungjong inched the guy a little towards them. When he was about to introduce him, the guy did it himself.
 
" My name is Chansung, Hwang Chan Sung. I was the one who accompanied your brother back there. You must be Sunggie's Hoya hyung. " he extended an arm for a handshake but Hoya's eyes were only focussing on the man's face.
 
" Sunggie? " Sungyeol grunted. " I am guessing you two have talked a lot, because somehow you managed to give my brother a nickname. But since he's here, thanks. We're going to continue OUR FAMILY trip. Right SUNGJONGGIE? "
 
" Hyung~~ "
 
" I understand. " Chansung nodded and turned to Sungjong. " Thank you, I had fun. So . . till we meet again. If fate will. " and ruffled the younger's hair as he scrunched his nose toward's Sungjong's. " Bye. "
 
Sungyeol pulled Sungjong away and brought him next to Hoya who was stil glaring at the back of Chansung who just left. " Fate my a.ss ".
 
 
The night is drawing in. Sungkyu thought that they should have their dinner first. After showering, they all met down at the hotel's dining hall.
 
The buffet table offers a variety of meat, vegtables and of course seafoods. It also serves different kinds of cuisines – Italian, Asian, American and more.
 
Each group of guests is to be served with the hotel's best dish, their Saipan Loving Lobster - cringy as it sounds but what makes a simple lobster more enticing and luscious is the special marinated sauce coated on it, made from the town's local spices.
 
" I think our gravy is mad. " Dongwoo said as he sat down next to Woohyun on the large round table for eight which is now being filled with food.
 
Woohyun continues arranging their dinner as Myungsoo and Sungyeol goes back and forth to bring their food. " You two chill down, do not get too much. Yes, this is an eat-all-you-can buffet, but be sure you would be able to finish what you will get. "
 
Sungyeol and Myungsoo looked at each other and immediately ignored Woohyun's words before they go and get more food for their table. " Aish, those two damn lovebirds. " he turned to his twin, " Well I think I know why Sungjong seems to be upset. "
 
" Why is that? Because of how his brothers acted or he thinks he made us worried? "
 
" Because of that Chansung guy. "
 
Dongwoo sighed. " Well, Hoya and Sungyeol were just obviously protective. "
 
" Let's have a talk with our cute gravy later. " sending a wink at Dongwoo before he helped Sungkyu who was carrying two plates of tempura. Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungjong shares the same hotel room. The twins were delighted to room with one another out of the random pickings and were even more glad that Sungjong is with them. When they settled in their room this noon, the three kept on teasing one another.
 
Sungjong said that Woohyun is like a potato. Rough and unpretty on the outside, but deep inside is a beauty in form. " What about me then? " asked Dongwoo innocently. Sungjong decided that he would be some sort of mash, connecting it to the potato, plus only Dongwoo can mash/break Woohyun down. So the younger twin suggested that Sungjong shall be the gravy sauce - adding more color to them because not once did the twins ever sees him as a sassy brat.
 
Woohyun was flabbergasted seeing the amount of food they were all digging in. Sungkyu and Hoya kept laughing at how Dongwoo munched on his meal until his mouth was very full. Sungyeol and Sungjong eats a lot too despite of their thin structure while Myungsoo had just finished his second bowl of the creamy fruit salad as his dessert. He notice how much of a big eater Myungsoo is. “ No wonder he’s gaining weight these days. ” he thought.
 
 
After the glorious dinner, they visited the privilege room that Myungsoo rented. They wanted to tone down and digest the food they had intake properly, so they’ll just have to play around first before the night swimming later – that is how Woohyun and Hoya ended up playing billiards one on one.
 
“ Set a deal. Something for the winner and loser. ” Sungyeol suggested, with Myungsoo behind, back-hugging him. “ Yeah. To make it more interesting. ”
 
“ I’m okay with it. ” says Woohyun.
 
Hoya smirked. “ Then it’s a deal. ”
 
“ Loser will walked around the corridor later by midnight, only wearing his swimming trunks. ” it was Sungyeol who said it that earned him “oooh”s from them. Both Woohyun and Hoya confidently agreed to the deal. And so they started the game after Myungsoo has arranged the rack.