D-E-S-T-I-N-Y

INFINITE Relationships
 
“ Happy birthday to me~ Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday, happy birthday~~ Happy birthday Sungkyu! ”
 
There was Sungkyu singing a birthday song to himself. He was combing his hair after finishing a bath. 'Today would be a busy day' he thought. It's his first time inviting people over and hosting a party. There need not much, they are all grown-ups. Food and drinks with a proper communication would be fine. He's excited to meet Myungsoo's friends too.
 
He heard a knock coming outside of his door. He looked at his watch, it’s 10:28am. ‘ Myungsoo’s up too early for a Saturday ’. When he opened the door, he saw his younger brother there with a smile while holding a cupcake matched with a lit candle on his right hand. He noticed him holding a guitar on the other hand.
 
“ Take this little thing first. ” Myungsoo said as he handed the cupcake which Sungkyu accepted. He couldn’t stop smiling at his younger brother.
 
Then Myungsoo began strumming his guitar into the melody of the birthday song,
 
“ Saeng il chukha hamnida ~ Ottanjoubi omedetou ~
Happy birthday my dear Sungkyu-hyung ~
Zhu ni sheng ri kuai le ! Happy birthday hyung ! ”
 
He placed the guitar down and clapped on his own, smiling and feeling proud at his older brother. Sungkyu blew the cupcake’s candle. “ Thank you, boy! ” and hugged Myungsoo, the cupcake was still on his hand though.
 
“ Here, take this. Don’t ask, just open it. ”
 
Sungkyu ate half of the cupcake and gave the other to Myungsoo for him to finished. He took the paperbag and was delighted upon seeing the gift given to him.
 
It was a photobook. The content was all the photos Myungsoo had compiled. All memories flashed when Sungkyu flipped through the pages. Photos of them when they were young, having vacations in and out of the country, along with the ones spent together with their parents. And what surprised Sungkyu more was there were even photos of the present time. Myungsoo took photos of Sungkyu secretly; when the older washes dishes, cooks for the both of them, watching tv, reading a book and almost every actions.
 
The last photo was the two of them taken by their mother. It was during a stopover on their way to Greece for an autumn vacation. They were sitting on a small table in a convenience store, their father stopped by to buy some on-the-road snacks. Myungsoo was checking his bag while Sungkyu looked out at the window. Both brothers didn’t know that they were being photographed by their mother.
 
“ Thank you, I really appreciate it. ” Sungkyu once again hugged Myungsoo. The younger spoke in between the hug,
 
“ No, hyung. I’m the one who should be thankful to you. For almost four years now, you’ve tried guiding me all throughout when all you wanted what’s best for me. I love you hyung. ”
 
Just then, the doorbell rang interrupting their bromance. “ I’ll go get it, you take a bath now Myungsoo. It might be your friends. Hurry! You stink! ” Sungkyu said heading down, “ Am not! ” replied Myungsoo yet continued his way to his room to prepare for bath.
 
When Sungkyu opened the door, he couldn’t contain his amusement again.
 
“ Tadah! Happy birthday bestfriend ! ”
 
 
 
“ Ya birdbrain, are you sure this is the right way. ”
 
“ Of course I am, you chicken head. This is the address that Myungsoo gave us. ”
 
“ You've been saying that like 10 minutes ago! We’ve been going around for circles now. ”
 
“ Just shoo shoo, shut up Woohyun-ah. ”
 
Hoya just smiled as Woohyun and Sungyeol bickered at each other. He offered driving Woohyun’s car, as Sungyeol sat on the passenger seat giving him directions towards Myungsoo’s house. Hoya received an invitation last night from Sungkyu as well regarding today's celebration.
 
“ Hoya-ssi, are you tired? You must be right? Since your A+mazing brother is doing a good job making us lost eyy? ” asked Woohyun who was seated at the back as he patted Hoya’s shoulder and pinched it a little.
 
“ Yikes ” Sungyeol buffed. “ Stop wiping grease on my hyung Woohyun-ssi. ” But Hoya only laughed at it.
 
Sungyeol can’t help but wonder if Woohyun is really serious about Hoya. “ Ya, Woohyun-ssi, don’t you go flirt with my hyung okay? I know your style and what’s your type. ” he continued “ Turn left at that block there Hoya hyung. ”
 
And then Hoya asked Woohyun, “ Are you, Woohyun, perhaps ? Ahmm well you know? ”
 
Woohyun knew what he meant, “ Gay? Well I go date women, but I have this taste on men. But I did have my first boyfriend whom I can say was a jerk. Yet again, I think I just have this gender called, Follow Your Heart .
 
“ Damn you NamGrease. ” Sungyeol spurted as Hoya laughed.
 
Hoya glanced at Sungyeol, “ How about you brother dear? ”
 
“ What?! Me no! Gosh I can’t believe we are seriously talking about this. Duh. Pass through that intersection hyung, we’re almost there. ”
 
“ Tssk. Sungyeol has this ‘ I-am-starting-to-look-at-my-bestfriend-since-forever-in-a-different-way-now ’. ”
 
“ You like Myungsoo? ” his Hoya-hyung asked.
 
“ Huh ! Hyung! Myungsoo’s my bestfriend. He is funny and he has his fun moments to be with even though his appearance looks cold. And his smile is also charming, at some point he is someone who’s very thoughtful. ”
 
“ He didn’t say no. You had your answer Hoya-ssi. ” Woohyun concluded but Sungyeol shouted at him “ Shut up baboon! We’re here. We’ve arrived. ” and headed out of the car first.
 
Sungyeol went to the staircase up front and pressed for the doorbell. As Hoya walked his way behind his brother, Woohyun asked him a question, “ And how about you Mr. Lee Hoya, are you? ”
 
But Hoya smiled and winked at Woohyun, “ Maybe. ”
 
 
 
Sungjong was currently in a coffee shop enjoying his cup of cappuccino. Such random things have had happened these days. He took his diary out of his bag and began writing about it. First; he can’t believe that Sungyeol does care for him. True to say that they don’t talk much and even if they do, they would always argue. Second; he had shared moments with his hyung’s friends, Woohyun and Myungsoo. Seeing them before, he had thought Woohyun to be an arrogant prick who is so full of himself while Myungsoo, a cold lonely boy but deep inside a monster. But in the end, the two turned up to be pretty nice. ‘ Shouldn’t have judge them despite of their first impressions ’ he thought while sipping some coffee.
 
“ But what I don’t get is how come there are rumors at school about me and Woohyun-ssi ? Aish, he and his pathetic minions. ” He refused Woohyun. But it was not like the older asked him out on a date.
 
It was raining that time, a car stopped by him and out came Woohyun with an umbrella.
 
“ Hey. Come on, I’ll give you a ride. Sungyeol-ssi and Myungsoo-ah went to the cinema, so I’m quite alone. ”
 
‘ I have a feeling I know this guy. ’ Sungjong thought to himself. “ Ah, do I know you? You seem to know my brother, but I don’t know the other. ”
 
“ Aww my heart ” This guy jokingly acted in pain while holding out onto his chest. He soon fixed himself up. “ Don’t you remember me pretty boy? I’m Woohyun ” he introduced with a wink.
 
‘ Ahhh. I know now. This is the guy who helped Sungyeol-hyung financed for his university needs. ’
“ Ah. It’s okay. Don’t bother. I’ll just wait until the rain faded. ”
“ Ehhh, come on Sungjonggie. ” people are now directing their attention to them. Sungjong felt quite annoyed.
 
“ I said no. Look here man, you know my brother but I don’t know you and neither I want to get to know you nor want to be with you. Back off now. I appreciate your help, again, but thank you. Really .
 
Ever since then, some students would spread lies about Sungjong rejecting Woohyun. There were also some who said that he broke up with him on a painful rainy afternoon.
 
Moving on, he continued writing. Third; his Hoya-hyung works for Myungsoo. “ Hoya-hyung must be having a hard time. Maybe I should start looking for some parttime jobs. ”
 
And to where it all started; he was beaten and left alone in an alley. “ What would have happened if Dongwoo-hyung didn’t come? ”
 
“ But I’m here. ”
 
Sungjong was suddenly shocked hearing the voice. He turned around only to find his angel. “ Dongwoo-hyung! ” he called out for the older and Dongwoo hugged his little munchkin.
 
“ We better get going now or we would be late. Did your brothers know that you would be leaving for today? It’s an overnight party to think. ” Dongwoo said.
 
“ They know. But I didn’t mention I would be staying over. Besides, they are all out too. I did not bring extra clothes hyung. ”
 
The two are now making their way to Dongwoo’s car. “ Really? Your brothers are going out too? So if I didn’t invite you, you’ll ended up alone at home? And don't worry, his brother should have clothes that might fit for you. ”
 
“ Yup. They were invited for a birthday celebration too. Anyway, I don’t mind staying at home, alone. I’m used to it. ”
 
“ Aigoo~ You’re one independent boy eh. ” Dongwoo pinched Sungjong’s cheeks and helped him buckle up his seatbelt. And finally drove the way to their itinerary.
 
 
 
“ Hyung, I’d like you to meet my friends. Here’s Sungyeol-ah, my bestfriend since elementary. He is Hoya-ssi’s younger brother. ”
 
“ Oh really, no wonder you're handsome too. I guess it runs in the Lees eh? ”
 
“ Hello. Ah haha thanks. Happy birthday hyung-nim. Nice to meet you. I’m sorry, my brother and I couldn’t think of what to give someone who already has everything. ”
 
“ Nah, your mere presence is more than enough.” Sungkyu reassured the young boy.
 
“ And this one is Woohyun-ssi, whom we’ve been closed too since high school. ”
 
“ Good morning hyung-nim. Happy birthday. ” Woohyun greeted politely too.
 
Sungkyu looked confused for a moment before asking, “ What’s your last name boy? ”
 
“ Oh it’s Nam. Nam Woo Hyun. ”
 
Sungkyu hinted at something. “ Ah. I thought I knew you, sorry hehe. Anyway, yes thank you. Thank you for coming! Just call me hyung. ” he greeted his visitors of the day.
 
“ And you know Hoya-ssi of course. ”
 
“ Why wouldn’t I ? I invited this charming man, of course I know him. ”
 
“ Ah, here’s my present. Happy birthday again. ” Woohyun handed his gift to Sungkyu. “ Oh thank you! It seems heavy. I’ll opened it later okay. Go lounge around for a while, feel at home. Myungsoo, call the two now so we can all start our lunch. ”
 
“ Okay hyung. ” and Myungsoo went upstairs.
 
“ The two ? ” Hoya asked. “ Oh yes. My two other guests. They arrived here earlier, while Myungsoo was taking his bath. ” answered Sungkyu, arranging the table.
 
Woohyun stood up and offered to help. Sungkyu just asked him to bring the utensils. While Sungyeol looked around; totally amazed by the house interior which was totally and way too different compared to their home. He even promised his Hoya-hyung; who was seating beside him reading a magazine, that someday he would also design and build a house like this for the three of them.
 
“ Hyungs! ” the two suddenly looked up to see Sungjong calling them.
 
“ Ehh! Sungjong-ah what are you doing here? ” asked Sungyeol as the younger made his way down.
 
“ Well I guess you're not the only one who is friends with Sungkyu-hyung. ”
 
Hoya seated Sungjong down, “ How did you met Sungkyu-hyung? ”
 
Sungjong hesitated answering first, “ Ah, he helped my friend and I. It doesn’t matter. Hehe. ” then he went to the kitchen where Sungkyu and Woohyun was. The two Lee hyungs can even hear how surprised Woohyun too to see Sungjong.
 
Then they heard footsteps indicating someone was coming down the stairs and the two of them shared a different feeling. Hoya was glad to see the man feeling better now while Sungyeol wondered who was the stranger.
 
“ Oh Hoya-ssi! ”
 
“ Hi Dongwoo ”
 
Just then Sungyeol knew who was this person. “ Oh oh oh ! It’s you! ” The feeling was mutual.
 
Dongwoo remembered this half-human, one fourth giraffe, one fourth owl creature. “ Yeah yeah yeah it’s you too! ”
 
“ You know my brother? ” Hoya asked Dongwoo. But even before the older could answer, Sungyeol already butted in “ I’ve seen him in Woohyun’s house a long time ago. ”
 
Just then, Woohyun entered the dining room. “ Who saw who in my house? ” he asked. Sungyeol pointed his finger towards Dongwoo.
 
 
 
 
 
The plate Woohyun was holding slipped off of his hand. It shattered. Because it was fragile.
Like his Dongwoo-hyung’s heart, who was fragile too.
Now what can be seen on the floor were the shattered broken pieces of ceramics which he knew can never be fixed.
Again, just like his older twin brother, Dongwoo’s heart was now shattered and broken into pieces.
 
And they both knew that it would never be the same.