THE FALLEN ANGEL

INFINITE Relationships
 
 
Sungjong kept running. Trying the best he can in order to search for his angel. He paused and took time to catch up his breath, he thought ‘ Damn, Dongwoo hyung’s fast ’. He was there panting in the middle of the street road.  No worries since it was an exclusive subdivision village where the Kim brothers resident. He gained his strength but still feeling weak. To think he just ate and running around like this would cause pain in his stomach but he needs to find Dongwoo no matter what. He continued searching every block he turns to, he also tried contacting the older which was a fail since it just kept ringing.
 
When he arrived at the next block, there were some people who can be spotted now. He had reached the subdivision’s main plaza park. Stores, mini arcades and street vendors can be found. His eyes caught sight of children playing by the big fountain located at the center of the said place, as their parents laughed off at them clearly enjoying the family day bonding.
 
“ Hoya hyung! That stupid Sungyeol hyung ate my French fries ”
 
“ It’s okay. But there’s no need to say mean words Jongie, here have mine ”
 
“ But I don’t like the flavor you chose. ”
 
“ Sungyeol-ah! Come here quickly and buy Sungjong a new one ”
 
“ Mom! Dad! Hoya hyung and Sungjong-ssi are bullying me again. Ordering me around since I am the middle child eyy?! ”
 
“ Baby Sungyeol dear, you know your brothers aren’t capable of doing that.”
 
“ Wait until they grow up mom. Especially Sungjong. ”
 
“ That’s enough kids, as your father, I will not tolerate fighting understand? We better go now and catch that aquatics animals on show. ”
 
Sungjong quickly shook his head upon realizing he just had recall a memory. He slowly embraced himself and walked towards inside a random store, turns out to be an ice cream shop. He needed a break, he really can’t go no further. ’ Dongwoo hyung, be safe. ’ He sat near the window so he still could see everyone. Just then, he noticed a crowd forming near the fountain. Some who were on their phones seem to be calling for emergency.
 
He felt his heart raised and immediately went outside the shop and made his steps to find out the cause of the commotion. An ambulance’s siren can be heard from the distant. Sungjong started to quicken up his pace. He made it to the back and asked one of the onlookers what happened.
 
“ Some kid was just sitting by the fountain bench when he suddenly fainted. ” the guy said.
 
“ A kid? ” he asked, assuring himself.
 
“ Well more like a teenager or someone your age. ” it was the girlfriend of the guy, he assumed, who said that.
 
Sungjong tried to let himself passed to the growing crowd. And then finally he made it at the front, he was standing there frozen. “ Oh no. ” he gasped.
 

 

 

 

 

 
“ Go on Woohyun. Tell us what we need to know – I meant, everything there is to know.” Sungkyu told Woohyun while Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Hoya were sitting down, practically wanting to hear it all out. “ Do not leave any details. ”
 
“ Dong – Dongwoo is  . .  he is – not my cousin ” proclaimed Woohyun. No response. They were just basically letting him do the talking. “ He , he – he’s my brother. ”
 
Hoya straightened his back with brows curled up. Myungsoo looked down at the carpet. But it was Sungyeol who had the biggest mouth, of course. “ Why, why would – is he bad to you that you ended up – ”
 
“ No. He’s the best I could ever want. ” he cut Sungyeol.
 
“ Older or younger? ” Myungsoo asked.
 
“ Neither. ” Woohyun spoke softly.
 
“ He is Jang Dong Woo while you are Nam Woo Hyun. Does that mean he’s really adopted? ” it was Hoya’s turn.
 
Sungkyu hushed the three. “ Woohyun? ”
 
“ He .. – ” Woohyun’s voice trailed off. “ Dongwoo is my older twin brother. ” He can see that they were shocked a little that even their mouths opened up.
 
Sungyeol stood up. “ Stupid. Now why would you deny him in front us, your friends? Aren’t you glad with that you’re not identical? ”
 
Myungsoo pulled him down, “ Now what’s that supposed to mean? ”
 
Sungkyu hushed them again, but this time with an affirmative tone warning them to shut the heck up.
 
“ Woohyun, can you make this direct as possible as it can? We still have to find Dongwoo and Sungjong has not send any reply to my messages. ”
 
Woohyun looked up and saw Sungyeol and Hoya were probably worried as well due to the fact that their youngest sibling was also out there. Myungsoo nodded at him a sign that he should continue.
 
“ There must be a reason, a purpose Woohyun. About all of this. ” Sungkyu took his hand. “ Please. Don’t be afraid. I’m here. We are all here for you. Is it that traumatic or what? If you feel like crying while telling us don’t hesitate to lean your shoulders onto mine. ”
 
Sungkyu’s words melted Woohyun and thought that it was now or never. And so, he began his story.
 
“ Once upon a time . . . ” Woohyun started chuckling, trying not to get emotional.
 
“ . . . there lived a rich happy couple; Nam Hyuk Bin and his wife, Jang Ye Seon. Both were very excited at that time. The wife was pregnant and in no time will deliver the bundle of joy to Earth soon. The couple knew they were going to welcome twins, making them be delighted and filled with pure happiness more. ” Woohyun paused but continued after. “ But it didn’t happen . . ”
 
Hyukbin was furious. “ Are you sure they are my children?! ” he asked Yeseon who calmly spoke, “ Stop shouting, you’ll wake them up. ” He was in his wife’s private hospital room, three days since she had given birth to their twins. “ And what do you mean? Of course they are yours. These precious angels are ours. ”
 
“ Can’t you see the problem Yeseon-ah? Can’t you understand what I am trying to point out to you?! ” he shouted on top of his lungs which caused one of the baby twins, to wake up and cried all-out. Yeseon took her first born twin into her arms and tried to calm him down. “ It doesn’t matter. ” she said while putting him back to the small crib.
 
Hyukbin looked at her and pointed at the baby who was now sleeping again. “ That . . that creature is the reason why! ”
 
“ How dare you! ” she gasped at him.
 
It was not the baby’s fault to be born like this. The first born twin was sadly diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome. It is a mental disability affecting nervous system which causes people to make sudden movements or sounds that they can't control, thus making the baby find it hard to control his cries and whimpers with no reason. Someone who have this state falls into two categories; the motor tics which is through actions while the other one is the vocal tics, that involve sounds. Vocal tics had been infected the poor baby. He would blurt noises at random times.
 
“ How da – how dare am I ? ” he ruffled his hair, loosen up his tie and rolled his sleeves. “ Leave that. We’ll take the second born. One is enough to be raised well and protect what we have built for so many years. ”
 
Yeseon was now tearing up. “ You really are crazy, do you know that? I won’t – I will not let you do that. Now if it doesn’t make your mind clear mister, get lost. I am keeping them. And by them I meant both. ”
 
His husband stared at her, approached slowly and slapped her face. “ Let me remind you about your stand to this. You are to obey me clearly, dearly. ” Yeseon knew that. She clearly knew that Hyukbin never did love her. It was her older sister whom Hyukbin fell in love with first, Woo Seon. But the latter died in a car accident and it was only Yeseon who survived during the crash. Hyukbin even named his newly established school after Woo Seon ; Woo Lim University.
 
“ But I – . .  I can’t just allow you to make me abandoned him. ” she cried.
 
“ Fine. ” Hyukbin said firmly. “ But there would be certain ground rules. ”
 
“ I’m listening. ”
 
“ I am to register the second twin under Nam, while you go have the first as Jang. ”
 
“ This is absurd! How are we be able – ”
 
“ I am not a cruel person. So, by due time, we are only to tell the second child. And I get to name them. Did I make myself certain? ”
 
She nodded. “ Names? ”
 
“ The first one shall be called, Dong Woo. But Jang Dong Woo, under your surname. He would grow up believing that Jang is our family name. And the other shall be Nam Woo Hyun. ”
 
‘ Still going for the Woo ’ “ I agree but please do not make this hard for them. ” she begged while crying.
 
Hyukbin reached out for the door, hinting of leaving the room. “ I won’t. ” he opened it and took his step outside. But before he could close it again, he spoke, “ As long as one won’t stand in the way of the other. ”
 
“ I guess fathers are all stupid and – ” Sungyeol announced and received a thrown pillow from Hoya. “ Shut the up. ”
 
Myungsoo wrapped his arm onto Sungyeol’s, “ Mine and Sungkyu hyung’s not. ”
 
“ How did it all make sense? ” asked Sungkyu who was paying attention to Woohyun as he wipe the younger’s trace of tears.
 
“ I was . . . ” Woohyun even counted his fingers to make sure. “ . . se - , si – seven, yes, seven at that time. Mom told that I should look after hyung more and more each day. At that time, Dongwoo kept coming in and out of the hospital. It didn’t take long enough until Hyperactivity and even Obsessive Compulsive Disorder attacked him. So I thought, I just need to take care of him like any brothers would do. But one time, I visited him at the hospital and . . ”
 
He started crying again, he felt Sungkyu caressed his back. “ And I saw these tubes in him. On his . . wrists . . inside . . his mouth , nose . . and I felt my heart exploded at that time. I felt my other link’s sufferings. Thankfully, after a month of therapy, Dongwoo began to act new. The doctors said they were surprised that the Tourette’s Syndrome was slowly disappearing from his body cells.
 
So my mother told me everything. I was young back then, I understood but didn’t quite get much. Not until I grew up and learnt more. Dongwoo started to regain his physical and mental strength. But there’s a catch. His emotional strength though, his heart’s weak. It is too fragile and vulnerable. He gets excited immediately, laughs at even the smallest things. He doesn’t get mad easily though, never once I saw him. But he does gets hurt. Sadness, pains and miserable emotions are always fast to come and get into him.
 
That’s why I always try my best just so I can keep him happy. I thought of giving up. But every time, whenever I looked at him, even just think of him, I know I just can’t. ” Woohyun wiped his own tears, using his arms. Like a child who had lost a fight.
 
Myungsoo has a pillow covered up until his nose, trying to hide how he gulped at his own tears. While Sungyeol moved to Hoya’s side and leant his head on his hyung’s shoulders.
 
“ Woohyun-ah. I think you should know something too. Dongwoo might get mad at me but you need to know about it. ” Sungkyu said. And even when the Woohyun just looked at him with confused eyes, Sungkyu told him the reason why Dongwoo was planning to stay at his place.
 
Woohyun deserves to know what their father had planned. For Dongwoo to be sent away, kept from him and everything. Sungkyu told Woohyun and now the latter was fuming mad. “ I vowed to hit him really hard. Make him unconscious and I’ll take my mom and Dongwoo away. ” the younger said.
 
Just then, the moment was shortly interrupted when Hoya’s phone rang.
 
“ Sungjong-ah, where are you? Have you found him? Are you two alright? ” he asked the younger on the other line. This caught everyone’s attention. “ What?! Oh –Okay we’ll be there. Stay where you are. Love you. ”
 
“ Hoya . . .” Woohyun said.
 
“ He found him. They are together now but . . . ”
 
 
 
 
 
“ Sungyeol-ah? ” Myungsoo sat next to him, by the poolside. The moonlight was shining down the water. “ Are you mad? ”
 
“ Is there a reason I should be? ” Sungyeol dipped his legs onto the water.
 
“ I just thought you would be. ”
 
“ Is it true? Is Sungjong telling the truth? He’s my brother but someti – ”
 
“ Yes. ” he faced Sungyeol. “ Would . . . would you accept it ? ”
 
 
 
Thank you everyone <3 After 2Woo, another era is set to come hehe love <3