BREAKFREE

INFINITE Relationships
Woohyun has pride. When he left his house, he did not bring his car with him. He knew his credit cards would be cut off anytime soon, so he immediately went to a nearby bank, hoping to withdraw enough cash. Luck was on his side. He withdrew all of his savings and cancelled the connections tying him and his accounts.
 
He is on his way to the Kim’s residence. Mainly because his twin brother is currently staying there, requested by his bestfriend Sungkyu. ‘It wouldn’t be a bother right?’ he thought. Since as well he’s friends with Myungsoo, - Sungkyu’s younger brother. He plans to just fetch Dongwoo and search for small but sufficient apartment for the two of them.
 
The bus ride was making him a little impatient for it’ll take nearly an hour to get there. The current time was named 6:43pm. Feeling hunger within, he let it pass for a while. He didn’t even think of giving his twin a message that he’s coming over. More to it, the owner of the house.
 
The vehicle halted when it reached a bus stop terminal. Tonight’s a Sunday, meaning it’s rush hour by that moment. A small crowd of passengers filled the bus. Woohyun was gazing outside when the bus moved again, he had a spare space of seat beside him and he didn’t notice the one who occupied it.
 
 
Moonlight Autumn Bar.
At first Hoya scoffed off the place’s name where he would be working starting from now. That afternoon, he was accepted to be a dancer at the said club. He brushed off the idea that he might be dancing in a less decent kind of music. He was also supposed to practice for his first performance tonight, but unfortunately, the dance team manager wasn’t present. So Seo In guk – the bar owner, just assigned him to attend and learn the basics of bartending. It was decided that despite of Hoya being a dancer for the bar, at times where he’s not dancing – he’s to stand behind bar counters and serve drinks.
 
The bus has arrived and Hoya managed to pushed himself inside, considering the amount of people trying to ride. As soon as he found a seat, he rushed into it. He then looked around to see if there were women standing inside. Well, he spotted none. He tried to relaxed himself and gets comfortable. Hoya felt the same action was sort of mirrored by the other passenger next to him. He look at at his right side and Hoya thought if he should just get out of the bus. Too late, the said vehicle has started to move.
 
“ Ah . . Ho – Hoya-ssi. Hi. ” Woohyun greeted the man who just recently and unknowingly joined him for this ride.
 
Hoya for a moment looked away, but soon gave the other a nod. He wanted to look less awkward but now’s not helping him.
 
Woohyun, on the other hand is not used to awkwardness. Heck he’s talkative. So he enunciated the conversation again. “ How are you? And where are you off to? Sungyeol told me you left your home. ”
 
“ I . . I just found a job. It’s on the next stop so I’ll be taking off by then. Maybe in 15 minutes? ”
 
“ Oh. I see. Does your brothers know about this? ”
 
“ Haven’t tell them yet. ” Hoya noticed Woohyun went quiet. It was because the latter’s stomach grumbled due to hunger.
 
“ Sorry. ” Woohyun said while holding onto his stomach. “ Quite hungry. ”
 
Hoya opened his bag, nearly rummaging it. He then took out a small container of sandwiches and a soda which he brought from a convenience store. He handed those to Woohyun before speaking again, “ You can tell Sungyeol if you like, about the news that you’ve met me tonight. ”
 
Woohyun thankfully accepted it but insisted that they should share. “ So, where are you staying now? ”
 
“ To be honest, I have no place to go. ”
 
“ Is that even possible? You said you had a job now? ”
 
“ Yes I do. It’s just that, when I got hired this afternoon, I was supposed to practice. But the team manager wasn’t around so I scootched outside for a walk first, trying to find small apartments. I failed. Made me hungry. I went to a convenience store, ate, then bought that sandwich thinking I might get hungry again. And here I am . . . with you. ”
 
Woohyun gulped down some of the sandwich. “ Did I just heard practice, you say? What’s exactly your job Hoya? ”
 
“ I’m a dancer in a bar. ” and Hoya saw how Woohyun’s pupils dilated due to shock.
 
“ I knew it! ” Woohyun shouted, gaining attention from some of the passengers. Hoya tries to hush him down but the older continued on. “ The way you dance before, remember your dance during our game of truth or dare? You had it with you. ” Woohyun even clapped his hands.
 
Hoya absentmindedly took Woohyun’s hands into his. “ I told you to shut it! I am not that kind of dancer. It’s a decent one. More like we are a dance troupe. And when I am not dancing, I am to be a bartender. I am still learning but I already know the basics of serving drinks. I am told by the bar owner to smile and no matter what happens, never argue with a customer. So if you are planning to tattletale these to my brothers, especially Sungyeol, make sure it’s correct. The truth and detailed. You know how Sungyeol’s mouth is always open. ”
 
Woohyun stares into Hoya’s eyes as the latter explains his side. He then felt Hoya’s hands away from his.
 
“ I see you packed. ” Hoya stated, looking at Woohyun’s luggages.
 
“ I moved out of our house. I’m heading to Myungsoo’s, Dongwoo hyung’s there. I am taking him out to join me. And I have a feeling that our father would probably kicked me out of school but I want to think of these by morning. ”
 
“ Sungkyu hyung won’t allow you to do that. ” Hoya said softly. “ He might even suggest that you stay with them as well. ”
 
‘Next stop : Seoul Subway Line 2 – All passengers heading to Samseongdong please double check your belongings and thank you for riding Romano Bus Liners’
 
“ That’s my call. ” Hoya told Woohyun, as he fixes himself. He was about to stand up when Woohyun grabbed his arm.
 
“ Name of your bar Mr. Dancer ”
 
‘Now arriving at : Seoul Subway Line 2 – All passengers heading to Samseongdong please double check your belongings and thank you for riding Romano Bus Liners’
 
Hoya dropped the grip of Woohyun on his arm. “ Find me , Mr. Grease ” and even before Woohyun could catch up on him, Hoya hurriedly ran out of the bus. Woohyun look outside of the window and saw Hoya smiled at him. The bus went on again.
 
‘The what was that Lee Ho Won !!! Argghh!! ’ he had no idea why he did that. He ruffled his hair and headed to the bar he’ll be working at.
 
 
 
“ Ya Lee Sung Jong ! Can you check who’s knocking on our rusty door? ” Sungyeol called out for Sungjong. He’s busy cooking dinner as the younger headed to door. To which surprised him.
 
“ Hi ? ” Myungsoo greeted with a soft smile.
 
Sungjong turned away and went inside, but assured that he left the door open for Myungsoo. “ Hyung it’s for you. ”
 
Sungyeol came by and went next to Myungsoo. “ Ahmm Sungjong . . Myungsoo and I are . . sort of . . the two of us are like . . well – ”
 
“ I know. ” said Sungjong firmly.
 
“ Oh okay well now that he’s here, the three of us should have dinner. Help me set the table will you ? ” suggested Sungyeol.
 
Sungjong fidgets through the cupboards in search of dining utensils. As he focused setting the table, it doesn’t mean he was unaware of the conversation he’s hearing between his brother and that guy.
 
“ Miss you already. ” Myungsoo said while circling his arms around Sungyeol.
 
“ We were like together four hours ago. What ever happened to you? ”
 
 
After their 'date' , Myungsoo headed home only to be a bit late for their family dinner. An hour has passed when he received a message from Sungyeol.
 
            SENDER : Sungyeol : )
 
            Ya Myungsoo ?
 
            - What is it babe?
 
            off er and on all the grease -.-
 
            - Sorry haha :D
            - So what’s up?
 
            Something came up . .
 
            - I’m on my way. Be right there in a moment
 
Myungsoo excused himself from the dinner which Sungkyu at first got mad with. But when Myungsoo explained, - more like assumed, that Sungyeol was feeling down, their mother allowed him to go. He immediately called in for their family driver to drive him to Sungyeol’s place immediately. He looked over at his phone and just then realized that a reply from Sungyeol was sent to him, saying not to overreact. But instead of texting back, he dialed for Sungyeol’s number.
 
“ Hey Sungyeol what’s – ”
 
“ Hyung’s cooking dinner. He asked me to answer the phone for you. ”
 
“ Oh Sungjong. Can – will you please pass . .  can I talk to him now? ”
 
Myungsoo heard no reply from Sungjong. Rather, he heard the conversation – nope, again, more like shouts of the two brothers. He thought Sungyeol would be probably in the kitchen while Sungjong’s somewhere around their house.
 
“ Hyung he wants you!! ”
 
“ My freaking hands are busy! Just tell me what he wants! And dammit just talk to him for me for a while now would you ahh?! ”
 
“ Then stop the sh*t and let me do that instead! I can cook you know! ”
 
“ No way kid! I started this. And I’m the one who’s going to finish it. Just talk to him for me right now. ”
 
Myungsoo heard a small rustle through the line.
 
“ What do you want? ” it was still Sungjong’s voice.
 
“ Ahmm . . well, Sungyeol said something happened. I am now on my way there. I was just wondering what could have went wrong. I’m . . I am quite worried for Sungye – ”
 
“ Hyung! He’s worried for YOU! ” Myungsoo heard Sungjong shouted again. It’s pretty obvious since Sungjong didn’t even bother removing the phone away from him. “ He wants to know what’s happening? ”
 
“ Do you freaking know where’s the chopping board?! ”
 
“ Our kitchen’s smaller than a public bathroom’s cubicle. Why make yourself difficult about finding things? It’s on the sink my smarta*s brother! ”
 
“ Thanks! And tell Myungsoo about it I guess it’s fine then. ”
 
Myungsoo heard Sungjong sighed on the other line. But more to that, he was thankful when the younger finally opened up about what had happened to their house to be demolished in two days time. So Myungsoo suggested that he should take them in to his home. He’s sure his brother Sungkyu won’t mind, right?
 
 
“ So, did Sungjong agree ? ”
 
“ Well . . ”
 
“ Dinner’s ready. ” their talk was cut off when they heard Sungjong announced for dinner. The three young ones were all seated on a small dining table. But the food served can be considered big enough for them.
 
“ Sungjong . . ” Sungyeol started. “ After eating . . after this – go and pack. Leave the things not needed anymore. We’ll be living with Myungsoo from now on. Well not unless of course we find other ways. ”
 
Sungjong remained quiet as he consecutively stuffed his mouth with rice.
 
“ You can stay there without the needs of looking for other places. You are welcome, and would always be. I haven’t tell Sungkyu hyung about this but I know he’s gonna be fine with it. Besides, Dongwoo hyung is there with us too. ” says Myungsoo.
 
“ Sungjong ? ” Sungyeol stops chewing as he sees his brother gulped down glasses of water one by one.
 
Myungsoo went again, “ You both can use my room. I will just be in the guest room with Dongwoo hyung. ”
 
Sungyeol snapped. “ Ya Lee Sung Jong !! ” Myungsoo softly taps him to tame him down. Just when Sungyeol almost lost it, Sungjong finally spoke.
 
“ I’m sorry hyung but I can't. I don't know. I feel like, I . . I just can't. ”
 
“ Are you crazy? Put down your pride bastard. Unless you want to stay here and wait for the stupid construction workers to demolish this rotten house! ”
 
“ Stop it hyung. Calm yourself. I don't want to stay at their house. I will just be over at whosever friends’ house I have. And this 'rotten house' you're referring to, just as a reminder isn't what it is. This isn't just a house. This is our home hyung. You know what we've been through here.”
 
Sungyeol angrily stood up, pushing the table and his chair slightly. “ Whatever happened to ‘there’s only you and me Sungjongie’ - 'Yes hyung, only you and me' ? So you want to be homeless? ”
 
“ What part of it did you not understand hyung? Have you heard me say I want to be homeless? Well then I guess being homeless would be better than parentless. ”
 
“ Don’t you dare bring them up here Sungjong. When clearly it’s – ”
 
“ Clearly it’s my fault? I know it hyung. I know it so well. Every little mistake was all because of me. Mother dying because of my stubbornness, father beating Hoya hyung because of me being confused about my personality . . ” Sungjong seems like he’s about to cry. But no, he wasn’t. He’s breathing heavily as a sign of how mad he was for himself. Sungyeol was quite amazed how Sungjong was slowly becoming emotionally strong.
 
“ So are you going to leave me as well? Like what Hoya hyung has done? ”
 
This time it was Sungjong who stand up as well. “ Hoya hyung leaving was all because of me! Because I am a crybaby! A coward who wants to be independent yet cries easily! It was all because of me hyung! ”
 
“ Then fine! Do what you want, since you so want to be mature right? ”
 
“ Isn’t that what you and Hoya hyung told me? To grow up and mature? I . . I don’t know what to do anymore! ”
 
“ Come with me at Myungsoo’s place! We’ll start living there. ”
 
Myungsoo interrupted, “ Come on Sungjong, don’t make this hard for Sungyeol anymore. Just do what he says and – ”
 
“ Okay . . . Okay. ” Sungjong answered nodding and went to their room.
 
“ Puberty change. ” Sungyeol scoffed at Myungsoo. “ I am not mad at him though. I can never be. He . . he is just . . too beautiful. ”
 
A while later, they heard grunts and soft bangs with thuds. The door was ajar and they were able to see Sungjong who was packing up. Thumping his feet as he puts on the clothes on the bags. And Sungyeol finds Sungjong cute, throwing tantrums like this. Later on, they got on Myungsoo’s car and headed to the latter's home.  He was seated by the passenger seat. He looks up at the rearview and spotted Sungyeol and Sungjong next to each other, sleeping – with Sungyeol resting his back, head quite bent down, as Sungjong lies on his hyung’s lap with Sungyeol’s arms on him.
 
 
Sungkyu just arrived at his and Myungsoo’s home, coming from their parents’ right after having dinner. When Myungsoo left early to meet his boyfriend – that’s what Sungkyu thinks Sungyeol is. Even though he knows that the two are still on the dating page, he is quite certain it might lead to that some time soon.
 
He went inside, straight to the kitchen feeling thirsty due to a long drive. Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrated. A message came in from Myungsoo.
 
            SENDER : Myungsoo <3
 
            Hyung! I will be in our home in a moment. I got company. Sungyeol and Sungjong. I’ll explain when we get there.
 
            - Whatever has happened, I won’t mind it. See you in a bit : )
 
Sungkyu puts down his phone on the kitchen table. He was about to go upstairs and get ready for bed when he heard something coming out of nowhere. It sounded like sudden footsteps to him. He immediately grabs on to the switch and turn on all the lights. When his eyes scanned the area, he almost jumped off to his feet upon noticing a partly hidden which can be peeking behind a sofa.
 
“ Come out now before I beat you up – ”
 
“ I’m sorry ! I didn’t mean to barge in like that. I mean like this! I swear I have better reasons and good explanations, please spare me and let me – ”
 
“ Woohyun? ”
 
Sungkyu sat beside Woohyun, cider bottles on their hands. “ So . . . care to tell the story . . about the luggages? ” Sungkyu asked, eyeing the bags Woohyun brought with him.
 
“ I’ve finally took it all on our fa – I mean, ex-father. I stood up against him, said everything. Which resulted me on leaving our mother back there alone, she can take it. I know she can. She’s been doing it for twenty years now. And also, leading me here with Dongwoo hyung’s clothes. I’ve withdrawn all savings I have and even planning to buy a new space for my twin and I. The reason I am here is because I am fetching him. I have yet spoken this to him though. ”
 
Sungkyu looked at Woohyun with awe. While the latter talks, Sungkyu can’t help but to admire the way Woohyun’s nose seems to be perfectly in shape. ‘His lips are just like his twin's. Thick as well. While Dongwoo’s lips define to be luscious, Woohyun’s lips are the alluring type.’ It didn’t fail him to not notice as well the tiny traces of sweat found on Woohyun’s forehead. Usually, Sungkyu would feel disgusted. But this time, he felt different.
 
“ Do you know where’s Dongwoo hyung? ”
 
Sungkyu got caught up by Woohyun’s question, making him gulped a lump on his throat.
 
“ He’s probably out. Let me call him. ” Sungkyu dialed for Dongwoo. It took two tries for the latter to answer.
 
“ Gyugyu hyung yes why? ”
 
“ Where are you mister? And why is it so loud there? ”
 
“ I’m out. ”
 
“ Obviously! Well your twin’s here. ”
 
“ Really?! Oh my gosh! Tell him I would be back by 1am in the morning. Do not worry him Gyugyu hyung! I am just busy for the night, been invited over.”
 
“ Hyung hurry! ” it was Woohyun’s voice. Well their call was on speaker mode.
 
“ I will Woohyunnie! Hyung is just doing some work! ”
 
“ What kind of work involves loud sounds! Where are you exactly Dongwoo-ah? ” it was now Sungkyu.
 
“ Gotta go. Don’t worry Woohyunnie okay? Loveyah! See you! ”
 
Sungkyu looked at Woohyun. “ He hang up on me. ”
 
“ Well, I trust my twin. I can feel right here through our link saying that he’s fine. So I believe in him. ”
 
 
 
Dongwoo ended the call when he heard his boss called for him.
 
“ I thought you’re not gonna make it. ”
 
“ I felt boredom striking me at home. So, shall we start? Where is this guy by the way? ”
 
“ Down with the others, waiting for you. ”
 
“ Okay. ” Dongwoo said, heading out to the door of the office. His tracks were stop when he heard his boss again.
 
“ Dongwoo? Treat the guy right. He seems to be fragile at heart. Yet he seems to have experience so many pain. But I assure you, he's good to be handled. Handle with care I mean. ”