STAY WITH ME

INFINITE Relationships
 
Once a person gets drunk, he tends to blurt out what he feels inside. Leading to truth, rage, anxiousness and all the emotions dwelling in. Resulting to forgetting the incidents once morning comes.
 
Sungyeol decided to bring his brother Hoya, home. The intense voice-raising argument between the older and their younger brother Sungjong led to many consequences and conclusions. Dongwoo joined them stating he’ll try to calm down Hoya in any case. So he offered to drive them to the Lee’s residence. Woohyun who wanted to come was stopped by Myungsoo, telling it’s not the time to tag along. That leaves Sungjong at the Kim brothers’ home.
 
The dawn breaks in, it’s time for them to rest and get a good enough amount of sleep. Myungsoo shared his bedroom with Woohyun. The latter received a message from Sungyeol saying Hoya’s fallen asleep and Dongwoo’s doing fine. Sungkyu let Sungjong stay in the guest room alone. He wasn’t sleepy anymore so he decided to make his unfinished business works at the said room instead.
 
Sungkyu thought that this birthday of his would be the most unforgettable one. Mixed emotions all in one memory. He regrets nothing, rather thankful to have gotten to know the guys despite of all the things that had happened. He smiled as he sip the coffee he made. After hours of working on his projects, 6am came and just then his phone rung.
 
“ What do they want? ” he picked it up and answered. But even before he said ‘hello’, he was cut by the caller from the other side of the line.
 
“ Sungkyu dear! Now your birthday’s through come over here! I’ve already chosen the perfect fiancée for – ”
 
“ Mom I’m gay. ”
 
“ I . . I know child but maybe if you look at her , you know – ”
 
“ Things might change? ” he heard his mother kept quiet. “ Mom, please don’t do this. ”
 
“ Fine. As long as you introduced me a boyfriend of yours in one week. Which I doubt you would be able to do haha. If no boyfriend arrived here at our mansion, then you’re off to marry this girl. But take note my baby boy, I want a decent one. Not someone . . you would . . just pick out from the corner of the street – ”
 
“ Mom! Please no. ”
 
“ Do it or I’ll pass this fiancée to your brother. Where’s he by the way? ”
 
“ Sleeping. And mom, a week ? I  . . are you – ? ”
 
“ Final. Two weeks. Because I love you. ”
 
“ Then stop this nonsense if you really love me! ” Sungkyu nearly shouted and he’d seen on his peripheral view that Sungjong shifted on his sleep.
 
“ I love you my first born! Mwah. And oh, your father misses both you and Myungsoo. Come along this afternoon or tonight for a family dinner. It’s Sunday. It means Family Day. Bye! ” and his mother hung up.
 
Sungkyu and Myungsoo’s mother is young at heart. She wanted a daughter all along but got two sons instead. But she was glad it happened this way. The only reason why he wished for Sungkyu to get married now, is for him to be less stress and probably to have someone whom she can left her possessions with. When their parents found out that Sungkyu’s gay, their mother was furious at first. But their father said, “ At least he can be your daughter now. ” When their mother realized this, she immediately agreed. But Sungkyu said he will never cross-dress or undergo surgery. Meanwhile, their father care no less. As long as both of his sons fulfill their responsibilities well by working and studying hard.
 
“ Our parents dream for us to finish our studies and work good. But our dream is to find true love. How ironic. The heck am I going to find a boyfriend. You don't find it. Love finds you. Stupid. ” he kept on mumbling.
 
“ Hyung . . ” Sungkyu heard a coarse voice from behind. “ I . . I’m sorry for last ni – ”
 
“ Save it for your brother. Are you feeling fine? Do you need anything? ”
 
Sungjong grabbed the blanket on him and started folding it. “ I . . I just want to go home now. ”
 
Sungkyu set his journal entries aside, “ I’ll drive you – ” But Sungjong run to his desk, “ No, please. Let me go on my own. I have to correct my mistakes. ”
 
Sungkyu was unsure if he was going to let Sungjong go home on his own. The responsibility is on him since he invited the younger here in his home. He declined Sungjong’s pleas.
 
“ But – . . please hyung. I want to do this on my own. All this time I’ve been standing on my own feet yet I stumbled and grabbed everyone with me down. This is so wrong hyung. ” When Sungjong heard no reply from the older, “ I . . I’ll go ahead now. Thank you again. ”
 
 
 
“ What do you think? ” Myungsoo asked Woohyun as they still both lie down on his bed. They just woke up and neither had the urge to stand up or go downstairs.
 
“ I guess it’s really fine you know. But at least for everyone's sake, you have to tell Sungyeol your feelings. Don’t confessed to me boy. ” Woohyun finally heard Myungsoo’s side of the story. The younger already told him what he feels for his bestfriend.
 
“ And you? How’s Hoya . . and now what dude . . on my brother? ”
 
“ I like Hoya, before I even met him and when I’ve seen him on the photos Sungyeol had shown us. But the moment I saw your brother, I felt like . . there’s more. ”
 
“ One’s younger and the other’s older. ”
 
“ Aren’t you on the same boat? ”
 
Myungsoo looked confused at the moment. “ What do you mean? ”
 
“ One’s younger and the other’s older . . Sungyeol and Sungjo – ”
 
“ No it isn’t! ”
 
“ Don’t deny prick! My Dongwoo hyung saw you and Sungjong last night, some time I don’t know. You were kissing in the bathroom. ”
 
Myungsoo threw a pillow on him. “ First, it wasn’t in the bathroom, it was outside the bathroom. Second, we weren’t kissing. We just had a misunderstanding, he cried and I just comforted him. Your brother saw wrong. And lastly, if there’s a Lee that I’ll fall in love with . . . it’s only Sungyeol. There is no ‘One’s younger and the other’s older’ because I am choosing the older. ”
 
Woohyun ‘tssked’ at him. “ Then let me tell you this. I am choosing the older too. ”
 
 
 
Sungjong arrived home. He witnessed Sungyeol, Hoya and Dongwoo having breakfast. He was hesitating at first, but Sungyeol pulled him in.
 
“ Good morning Sungjonggie! Come let’s have breakfast. I’m the one who cooked this. ” he was greeted by Dongwoo.
 
Despite them living there as only three, their dining table is a four-seater one. He calmly went to his seat, on Hoya’s right side. “ Hoya hyung . . ” Sungjong turned to him.
 
But Hoya pushed his plate softly and stood up, “ Eat. ” and with that left. Sungjong would accept it if Hoya left the dining table only, but he heard the door rustled which indicates he left their apartment.
 
“ He left without brushing his teeth? ” Dongwoo asked. “ It’s okay Sungjong. Take it easy. He’ll come back. ”
 
“ Hoya hyung always carry a peppermint spray with him. You know, he kinda smoke but he’s not a chain smoker. Anyway, Jong . . Jong, Jongie ! ” Sungyeol called to Sungjong who was staring on his plate. “ Hoya hyung will go to Myungsoo’s house. He says he need something to tell Sungkyu hyungnim. ”
 
 
 
“ What? Wh – why ? Hoya you  . . I don’t understand ” Sungkyu was sitting on the living room, with Woohyun and Myungsoo watching some random tv shows when Hoya showed upon their door.
 
“ I want to quit. I want to stop driving for your brother, I want to stop working for you. ” Hoya explained.
 
Woohyun walked up to him, “ Think about this first. Are you oka – ”
 
“ I’ll stop going to your office tomorrow. ” Hoya spoke, not leaving his sight towards Sungkyu and clearly ignoring Woohyun. “ You don’t need to pay for the unpaid salaries, you don’t need to do anything. I am leaving – ”
 
“ You can’t just simply walked away from a job Hoya! This isn’t a school where you would just decide to drop out a subject anytime you like! ” says Sungkyu.
 
“ Sorry. I don’t know how’s a school like since I’m not attending one right? ”
 
“ Bullsh*t. ” it was unnatural for Sungkyu to curse. But Hoya here was being unreasonable as well.
 
“ Sadly I can. I sign no contract under you. ”
 
It hit Sungkyu to a realization that indeed there was no contract of agreement between him and Hoya. It was an unprofessional mistake but he never thought Hoya would just decline this easily. “ Okay, then leave. ” And with that, the younger walked out of the house, ignoring Dongwoo who was calling on him as he passed by the porch.
 
“ Hyung, you’re here. ” Woohyun reached up to his twin.
 
“ What happened? Is everything alright with Hoya? ”
 
“ He quit his job at Sungkyu hyung’s. ”
 
Sungkyu turned to his bestfriend, “ Is Sungjong home Dongwoo-ah? ” Myungsoo, who just came from the kitchen to offer Dongwoo a drink, passed it on him.
 
“ Oh yes. He arrived this morning. He was about to talk to Hoya, but the latter went out and headed here. ”
 
“ I hope they settle this properly – no, calmly. I never would have thought that those siblings could be wild. ” Sungkyu grabbed the glass from Dongwoo to take a sip too.
 
“ Only the eldest and youngest. The middle one's the best. ” Myungsoo scoffed.
 
“ Don’t worry. I know they will. Hoya seems the type that he won’t avoid Sungjonggie that much. But right now, worry about your future instead. ”
 
‘ Sh*t ’ Sungkyu remembered the conversation he had with his mother this morning. “ Myungsoo, take a bath now. We’re leaving tonight for dinner. We’re going home. ”
 
“ We are home. ” Myungsoo felt lazy as he chose to lounge on the sofa.
 
“ To our parents’ ”
 
“ Okay. I’m not gonna talk back at it. But it’s still in the evening. I’m going out first, I have something to tell my friend. ”
 
 
 
Woohyun just finished taking a bath. He looked at the mirror and he was annoyed by what he was wearing. Black shirt, black tight jeans, and even his boxers inside was black in color. All these belong to Myungsoo. He had brought no clothes when Sungkyu out of a sudden announced that his birthday party would turn out to be an overnight one.
 
He’s currently on Myungsoo’s bedroom. The younger already left. He knew he’s going to Sungyeol’s place. Woohyun gave a final touch on his hair, using Myungsoo’s gel then he turned to his twin brother who was on the bed, strumming a guitar.
 
“ Hyung, careful with that. ” he took the guitar from Dongwoo. “ Myungsoo values this guitar so much. It’s a gift from Sungyeol. Now get up and let’s go home. ”
 
Dongwoo just stared at him. “ I . . I am not going anywhere Woohyunnie. You already know how – ”
 
“ I don’t care. Let’s both face them. I’m with you hyung so you have to be with me as well. Up up up now. ” he was literally pulling Dongwoo, – for who knows how he was stucked on the bed, holding tightly on the sheets.
 
“ Woohyunnie I can’t. ” still gruntling and fighting back.
 
“ Hyung come on. Fine! I’ll talk to them on my own and if they get mad, I’ll run away too. Typical ungrateful teenagers. ”
 
Dongwoo climbed back at the bed. He sniffed the pillow, “ Myungsoo’s shampoo lingers here, smells good.” he lied down again and took the blanket and covered up. “ I’m sleepy Woohyunnie. Do what you want. Even if you talk to our parents, nothing’s gonna change. They will still take you away from me. Why not pretend you don’t know anything for now – ”
 
“ Don’t you care hyung? Don’t you wanna fight for us? ” and Woohyun swear his pout would be irresistible.
 
“ Aish, my Woohyunnie don’t do this. Think of it, follow and obey them first. Who knows what they are capable to – ”
 
“ Whatever you say hyung. Just . . hyung don’t leave me. ”
 
“ I have to. I’m sorry. But I promise I’m going back Woohyunnie. You also have to promise hyung that, if ever you snapped at our parents, you have to be careful. I’ll be staying here at Gyu hyung’s place. Myungsoo’s your friend, you can drop by here anytime. ”
 
Woohyun promised Dongwoo, but his fingers were crossed as he hugged his older twin brother. He would bring his father down. For all the bad things he had done to his Dongwoo hyung.
 
 
“ Hyung, don’t leave me. ”
 
“ I have to. I’m sorry. ”
 
Sungjong gave Hoya a back hug. Hoya felt crushing but instead he escaped from it. “ I’ll find some other jobs somewhere in the city .  . ”
 
“ Hyung please. ” Sungjong was pacing around trying to get near Hoya who had just finished packing his luggage.
 
“ Sungyeol, I’ll send the money for the apartment’s fee monthly. Although our savings’ good enough for the bills and food, it’s also enough for at least two months. Try to budget as well since there’s only two of you now here. ” Hoya patted Sungyeol, turning his back away from Sungjong who was standing on the door.
 
“ Take care ” he told Sungyeol but his eyes also hinted behind him. Sungyeol nodded, he understood that Hoya also meant to look after their youngest. When he headed for the door, Sungjong was there with pleading eyes.
 
“ Hyung . . you’ll come back right? Right? You've done it before. You went away . . but . . but you came . .  came back for us. ”
 
Hoya passed by Sungjong and turned the doorknob, opening the way. But before he closed it and leave, he finally looked at Sungjong. “ Grow up Sungjong. ” and made his way out.
 
“ Are you going to cry? ” Sungjong heard Sungyeol asked sarcastically. “ You still have tears left in your tear ducts? Aren’t they gonna run out? ”
 
Sungjong remained quiet as he heard his brother sighed. “ Get some sleep.” Sungyeol turned the tv on, practically showing he wants no conversation to be held. As for Sungjong, he softly walked to their bedroom – room, it’s not a bedroom since there’s no bed, only mattresses.
 
 
Sungjong tried to drowse himself to sleep when he heard laughter from outside the room. He knows it’s not his Hoya hyung since the voice was different. He slowly peeked into the door, only to discover the visitor.
 
“ Where’s Hoya? And Sungjong? ”
 
“ Hyung left, to look for another job. While the brat’s probably asleep. ”
 
“ Okay. So, Sungyeol-ah. I have something to tell you. ”
 
“ Aren’t you gonna sit first or like would you care for a drink or somethi – ”
 
“ Will you go out with me? ”
 
Sungyeol had his brows met, “ I’ll just . .  you know . . get my coat on. Summer’s fading and it’s nearly autumn, fallen leaves would be everywhere for who knows but I should prepare at least right. Oh I have to leave my bratty brother here? Can’t we just . .  ah never mind, where are we going again ? ”
 
“ I was referring to something else. ”
 
“ Wh – what is it then ? ”
 
“ Will you go out on a date with me? ”
 
It took a moment of silence around. Myungsoo can hear his breathing and with Sungyeol just staring at him wasn’t helping.
 
“ A . . da –date ? As in – ”
 
Myungsoo wanted this confession thing to be over with. “ As in a date Sungyeol ! As in a date where strangers would get to know each other then become friends then be lovers ! I want to date you because I like you. ”
 
‘ Wrong Myungsoo.’  Sungyeol thought. “ Oh . . okay. ” he avoided Myungsoo’s gaze. But he felt the younger walking up to him.
 
“ Now shall we make this work? ” Myungsoo asked as he held both of Sungyeol’s arms.
 
“ I  . . I guess we have to try it for us to know. ”
 
“ Sungyeol. Just so you know. This might not be as romantic as it can be, but I just want to assure you that I am serious about and I am willing to wait for sweet 'yes'. ”
 
“ Save the rest of your confessions Mr. Kim Myung Soo. Are we going out or not? ”
 
Myungsoo smiled and felt good inside. “ Okay let’s go. ” and dragged him outside. He thought confessing has never been easy. Myungsoo finally felt how butterflies would be in one's stomach. And he was glas when Sungyeol smiled back at him as well.
 
Sungjong finally closed the door to his room after hearing the conversation. He smiled too. A bitter one. “ It’s time. ”
 
 
 
*Thank you and I apologize for those who got mixed up and confused with the previous chapter.
I was wondering, are the photos on each chapter I post are visible? Nothing much, I just personally like those photos, including the header.
Anyway, still thank you <3