PARTY

INFINITE Relationships
 
While Myungsoo strode his way to the bathroom, Sungkyu went down to check who did the doorbell. When he opened it, he was really happy and couldn’t contain the amusement again.
 
“ Tadah! Happy birthday bestfriend! ” Dongwoo greeted him with both hands full of shopping bags. He let the younger enter. “ Thanks my gosh, you brought so much! ” Right then, he saw someone else standing behind Dongwoo.
 
“ Ahm.. Hello , good morning. Happy birthday. ”
 
Sungkyu hugged him, “ Thanks Sungjong-ssi. ”
 
Dongwoo placed the shopping bags on Sungkyu’s favourite leather couch. “ I hope you don’t mind me bringing Sungjong-ah along. I suddenly thought about him when I passed by the alley again. ”
 
“ Of course not. I’ve actually planning to invite three people only. You, Hoya-ssi and Sungjong, but I don’t know his number so I couldn’t ask him. ”
 
“ You could have asked me Gyu-hyung. ” said Dongwoo.
 
Sungkyu seems to took his time loading and processing what his bestfriend had just said. “ Right. ”
 
Sungjong calmly seats himself on the other sofa, “ I heard you’ve mentioned a name, Hoya-ssi. ”
 
“ Oh yes. I recently assigned him to be my younger brother’s driver for a period of time. He’s really nice and very hardworking. I invited him over too. Why, does the name seems to be familiar with you? ”
 
“ Well yes. ” Sungjong already knew that his newly found hyung, Sungkyu is the brother of Myungsoo. And it also meant that they would all meet here anytime soon. “ Is his name Lee Ho Won? ”
 
Sungkyu nodded. “ Yes dear. Do you know him? ”
 
“ I’m his brother. ” he answered. Sungkyu and Dongwoo were shocked to found out about the small world that they were in. Hoya was really nice to both of them, always working so strong and diligently. They wondered how did Hoya’s precious little brother could possibly be beaten and get hurt knowing the older was so protective and always on the alert.
 
“ Please don’t tell hyung about how you’ve found me in an alley, beaten and left alone. ” Sungjong pleadingly asked, to which the two hyungs nodded as a sign of agreement.
 
“ What do we have here? ” they turned to see Myungsoo coming down the stairs. The fragrance of a fresh showered young man surrounded the living room as he went his way towards them.
 
“ Myungsoo, I want you to meet my bestfriend Dongwoo. ”
 
“ Hello Myungsoo ” Dongwoo reached out for a handshake as the younger gladly accepted it. “ You don’t know how happy I am that you don’t look like your brother. Your eyes are way better than his. ”
 
Sungkyu smacked Dongwoo. “ You ungrateful human being. Anyway, here’s Sungjong. He’s on the same age with you. I met him a few days, maybe already a week ago. But would you believe it? He happens to be Hoya’s younger brother. I only knew about it like 3 minutes ago. ”
 
“ I’ve known him since he was nine years old. ” Myungsoo said poker faced.
 
Sungjong laughed softly to himself. Sunggyu and Dongwoo both asked how.
 
Myungsoo answered them with a grin plastered on his face, “ He’s the younger brother of my bestfriend. You’ll meet him and my other friend later. ”
 
Sungkyu buffered again. “ Okay. ” He turned to Dongwoo. “ You help me cook. I am not presenting much but there are still some things that needed to be done. As for you brother, I’ll leave Sungjong with you since you’ve known him since he was nine years old. I’m sure for the nine to ten years that have passed, you won’t get awkward okay. Sungjong, we’ll be in the kitchen. Call us immediately if Myungsoo did something not right. Come on Dongwoo! ”
 
“ But I’m a guest. ” Dongwoo shouted while being dragged by Sungkyu. “ Then be my guest, be my guest~~ ”
 
When the two left, Myungsoo sat down on the sofa opposite to Sungjong and murmured “ As if I would do something bad. You should have seen how I knelt down in front of his brother, who’s also my driver. ”
 
“ I’m sorry at that time. ” Sungjong apologized.
 
“ You heard? ” Myungsoo thought he had spoken it to his mind only. “ It’s okay. But don’t apologize, it wasn’t your fault. ”
 
They were quiet. You can loudly hear Sungkyu and Dongwoo’s voices coming from the kitchen. Either when Dongwoo accidentally pour cooking oil into the jar instead of honey or Sungkyu shouting whenever he flips whatever he was frying.
 
“ So uhmm, ” Myungsoo started. It was so not him to open up the conversations first. But since Sungjong’s a guest, he should be at least nice to him, especially since he’s Sungyeol’s brother. “ I guess your brothers didn’t know you would be here too. ”
 
“ Right. Dongwoo-hyung called me while we were on the way to that Italian restaurant last night. I was hesitating at first, since it was not Sungkyu-hyung who personally invited me. ”
 
“ My brother didn’t invite you? ”
 
“ I don’t wanna sound like I’m crashing a party or something, your hyung just told me he doesn’t have my number to contact me and Dongwoo-hyung even mentioned he could have asked it from him. Anyway. Should I take my leave? ”
 
Myungsoo stared at Sungjong. So it’s true. He does looked pretty. But it strucked him again how the younger’s attitude was slowly getting into him. That was why he decided to confront this guy and teach him manners.
 
“ Come up with me in my room. ” he stood up, pulling the younger’s arm.
 
“ Why? ” said Sungjong sternly.
 
“ Because if you don’t, I am going to tell your brothers about what had happened to you. ”
 
Sungjong twitched a little and soon followed Myungsoo into the latter’s room. It was nothing special really. In fact, the bedsheets and comforters were so manly in colour of either gray or black. Sungjong’s eyes caught sight of a photo frame on Myungsoo’s study table.
 
“ Do you like my Sungyeol-hyung? ”
 
Myungsoo was about to sit down on his bed when he was questioned by the bratty Sungjong. He lost it. He had lost patience for this boy. He gradually come forward him. Sungjong moves back every time Myungsoo takes a step. He now realized he has no way to go when his back had reached the wall and now the older’s face was up close to him, right arm on the wall. ‘ Typical movie scene ’ Sungjong thought.
 
Sungjong can still smell the shampoo Myungsoo used. He can’t let his guard down, so he stared into Myungsoo’s eyes. The two were now having an instense staring contest.
 
Myungsoo momentarily took off his eyes away from Sungjong and directed his sight to the younger’s lips. It was naturally pale pinkish red. He didn’t know what he was exactly doing until his hand had traveled now on Sungjong’s jaw. He was also captivated by the perfect jawline. When he looked into Sungjong’s eyes again, he was still staring at him.
 
Sungjong was fully aware that Myungsoo was just toying with him. So he just let him do what he wants for now and waited onto whatever next move this older guy was planning.
 
Myungsoo slowly brushed his fingers on Sungjong’s lips. He set out consecutive blinking of his eyes, before leaning in for a kiss. But before his lips met Sungjong’s, a knock was on the door.
 
“ Open up kids! I brought some cookies! ” it was Dongwoo.
 
Myungsoo immediately backed away from Sungjong and opened the door. Then immediately went down.
 
“ What’s up with him? Did something went wrong? ” Dongwoo asked Sungjong.
 
The younger one let out a sigh. “ We can’t eat here hyung. This place is his room. ”
 
“ Okay let’s move into Gyu-hyung’s room. I am sure we can. ”
 
“ Why can’t we it downstairs ? ”
 
“ Gyu-hyung said we can’t go down. He’s preparing the table now with the food he made. But I already know that he was just going to surprise me, because even though it’s his birthday, he made butter cream biscuits with chocolate fondue. He always make one whenever I pay a visit, since it’s my favorite. ”
 
They were heading to Sungkyu’s room when they saw Myungsoo at the end of the hallway. Without even looking at anyone of them, he spoke, “ Hyung wants you two down now. ”
 
Sungjong made his way and run passed by Myungsoo and headed down.
 
“ Something wrong Myungsoo-ah? ” he was asked by Dongwoo. He looked into the older and could see the innocence that lies in his eyes.
 
“ Eyy nothing Dongwoo-hyung. I have to get something in my room first. Is it okay if you go down ahead? ” Dongwoo agreed and Myungsoo went to his room.
 
He looked took the photo frame of him and Sungyeol onto his hands. The picture was taken by Woohyun when he and Sungyeol won an award for a Spelling Bee contest during second year high school.
 
“ Do you like my Sungyeol-hyung? ” that question asked by Sungjong kept repeating on his mind.
 
Whenever he goes to clubs and bars, he does not entertain girls. Even at school, he receives love confessions but never once he bothered to accept any. He does not know if love means sacrificing your present relationship with that person just for the sake of a future relationship. Meaning to say, he does not know if he would risk going out of the friendship zone by confessing just so he can step into another level.
 
The only one he fell in love with was Sungkyu. Yes. He was in love, still in love and would always be in love with his older brother. But that definition of love was of brotherly. That’s why he doesn’t know if he was starting to feel anything towards someone.
 
With Sungkyu, he can tell he loves him because he’s his brother. With Sungyeol, because he’s the second person whom Myungsoo loves.
 
When he approached Sungjong earlier, he really can’t explained what happened that made him acted like that. To the point he was close to kissing him and the younger didn’t even tried to push him away.  If Dongwoo didn’t came in knocking, would the kiss happened and turned into something else?
 
He tried to set aside all thoughts for the moment and decided to go down now.
 
 
 
When Myungsoo reached the living room, he overheard Hoya and Sungyeol talked about how they seems to know Dongwoo.
 
“ You know my brother? ” Hoya asked Dongwoo. But even before the older could answer, Sungyeol already butted in “ I’ve seen him in Woohyun’s house a long time ago. ”
 
Just then, Woohyun entered the dining room. “ Who saw who in my house? ” he asked. Sungyeol pointed his finger towards Dongwoo.
 
“ Woohyunnie. ” Dongwoo muttered it.
 
The plate Woohyun was holding slipped off of his hand. It shattered. Because it was fragile.
 
Like his Dongwoo-hyung’s heart who was fragile too, he came rushing to Woohyun.
 
“ Are you okay Woohyunnie? Are you hurt? Did you get any cut? ”
 
“ What are you doing here ? You told me you’re going to a thesis project. ”
 
“ Sungkyu’s my bestfriend so I can say it not bad for me to be here celebrating his birthday. How about you, why are here? ” Dongwoo asked his twin.
 
“ I heard something crashed. ” Sungjong said coming out of the kitchen.
 
“ Careful. There are glass shards on the floor. ” Myungsoo warned him but Sungjong just rolled his eyes towards the older.
 
“ Food’s ready. Finally whoo. ” Sungkyu announced while placing the lasagna down. “ Let’s go eat now. Just leave it there. You are all old enough to not notice the shards there. ”
 
The others went to the dining table but the twins were left at the living room.
 
“ Hyung, after lunch we should go home okay? There’s this new season of Phineas and Ferb. We definitely have to watch it okay? Promise me we will leave right after eating. ”
 
“ Woohyunnie. I can’t. ” Dongwoo wanted to spend time with Woohyun but he can’t tell the younger about him not allowed to go home anymore. “ I’ll be staying here at Sungkyu's for some time now. We .. we ar – are busy with school stuffs. ”
 
“ No hyung. Who would you choose, me or him? ” Woohyun even stomped his foot to show how stubborn he was.
 
“ Let’s talk later okay? Right now I’m hungry. ” Dongwoo said.
 
Woohyun inhaled and exhaled. “ Okay. But hyung, just eat and don’t talk until we are all finished eating okay? ”
 
The older twin questioned him, “ Why? ”
 
“ Just .. be – because it’s bad for your health. If you talk, you might choke. You just go and enjoy the food and I will do ALL the talking. Okay? ” Woohyun advised his brother which Dongwoo agreed.
 
 
 
“ Okay. To start, ahmm well ” Sungkyu cleared his throat. After an hour and a half of talking, teasing and laughing, they have managed to finished their meals. He was seated at the head chair of the table. On his right was Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Hoya. While on his left was Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungjong.
 
“ I would like to thank everyone, thank you. Let’s not get formal. It was really nice seeing such group of kids – ”
 
“ Stop it hyung, you’ll only make yourself old. ” Myungsoo said which made them laughed.
 
“ Okay okay.. ” Sungkyu surrendered. “ But seriously, it’s pretty amazing how we have come together. Like look, you my brother, is friends with Sungyeol. Who happens to be a brother of Hoya. Your driver is the brother of your bestfriend. You should have it easy. ”
 
“ Well Myungsoo doesn’t command my hyung. ” added Sungyeol.
 
Sungkyu drank the remaining cider on his glass. “ And I hired him without knowing he is also Sungjong’s brother. ”
 
“ Ah Sungkyu-hyung ” Hoya even raised his hand as if a student wanting to ask a teacher a question. “ How did you met my brother? ”
 
Sungkyu glanced at Sungjong who was looking at him, Myungsoo saw this. “ He was a volunteer student in one of the organizations I had. It was an outdoor school activity, he made a good rank while taking care of the animals in my foundation. ” Sungkyu lied. The only truth he told was that he actually has a charity foundation for animals and he was pleased that Hoya took his reason.
 
On the other hand, Woohyun’s stomach was rumbling now as if he had not eaten. He knows where this conversation would lead. So he made the first move now, “ Ah Sungkyu-hyungnim, thank you for kindly welcoming us. But we . . ” he said while holding onto Dongwoo’s shoulders. “ We , we have to go now. Happy birthday again. ”
 
“ Already ? I was planning to take us out and go to either a zoo or an aquarium. Whatever you like, an amusement park or cinemas maybe. I want to feel like it’s childhood. ” Sungkyu pouted with eyes you can’t tell if it was open or not.
 
Woohyun thought it was cute. But now is not the right time for it.
 
“ Woohyunnie. I told you, I’m staying over here at Gyu-hyung’s place. Just download the new seasons and we’ll watch it at some other time. ” Dongwoo spoke softly towards Woohyun.
 
“ Let, just – let’s go now. ” Woohyun stood up now, insisting him.
 
“ Yah yah Woohyun-ssi. Why are you forcing your cousin to leave now ? ” asked Sungyeol.
 
Woohyun thought it would be over any second now. He’s starting to panic deep inside.
 
And then, he lost it when he heard Dongwoo. “ Cousin? Ayy Sungyeollie no. I’m not his cousin. ”
 
“ But he said so. Remember the time when I first met you Dongwoo-ssi, at Woohyun’s house. I asked him at school who were you and he said you’re his – ”
 
“ Enough! ” Woohyun shouted at Sungyeol, facing his back against them.
 
Sungjong pulled Woohyun’s arms trying to make him face them, “ The heck you need to shout at my hyung! ”
 
“ Don’t interfere Sungjong – ” Myungsoo said but was soon stopped by Sungjong himself, “ Can you please shut your mouth and just don’t talk since it’s your forte. ”
 
“ Manners Sungjong. ” Hoya reminded his youngest sibling.
 
“ Everyone calm down and shush. ” Sungkyu told them. “ Wipe your tears Dongwoo-ah ” he handed his bestfriend the table napkin.
 
Woohyun quickly looked over at Dongwoo, who was really crying. “ Woohyunnie. ” Dongwoo’s eyes met his. “ Am  .. Am I – . . . am I adopted? ”
 
He was flustered. Guilt coming up on his lungs which was making him find it hard to breathe. He was about to tell Dongwoo everything but just then, the older ran away.
 
Dongwoo bumped the vase near the stairs, which made it hit his arm. It bled. “ Hyung! ” he heard Woohyun but right now he can’t reached for the call. So he made his way out of the Kim’s house.
 
“ Dongwoo-hyung! ” Sungjong shouted and followed his angel who dashed away.
 
“ Sungjong-ah. ” Hoya called out but the younger already made his way out. He turned to Woohyun, slightly disappointed. “ Talk. ”
 
Woohyun just shove Hoya away and when the latter tried to approached him again, he was stop by Myungsoo.
 
“ I’m .. I’m sorry Woohyun-ssi, I didn’t kno – ” Sungyeol zipped his mouth when he saw Myungsoo raised a hand signaling him to don’t speak any further.
 
Woohyun walked his way to broken vase.
 
Now what can be seen on the floor were the shattered broken pieces of ceramics which he knew can never be fixed.
Again, just like his older twin brother, Dongwoo’s heart was now shattered and broken into pieces.
 
And they both knew that it would never be the same.
 
Meanwhile, Sungkyu never thought that this would be the saddest birthday ever.
How was he to know that inviting them to get closer would be the reason for them to separate even more ?
 
 
 
 
Woohyun sat himself on the sofa. The others were just waiting for him to speak up.
 
“ Can anyone of you contact Sungjong and let us – let me know if he has found him, or if they’re together now? ”
 
“ I already did. They are together. Sungjong can handle him.” Sungkyu said while sitting next to him. “ But for now, I obliged you to tell us everything we need to know.
 
Woohyun thought that it was now or never. And so, he began his story.
 
 
 
 
 
[ I would like to thank everyone for upvoting, commenting and even subscribing. But most importantly, thank you for reading it haha. Thank you <3 ]