RAINDROPS

INFINITE Relationships

" Sir . . " his secretary peeked in. " You have a waiting call over the phone, shall I connect the line? "

With a nod, his secretary left his room and he soon had his office phone ringing. Picking up, with a coarse voice he said his hello. But the tiresome day seems to have awaken Sungkyu upon hearing the voice on the other line.
 
" Hoya ? " he never imagine this is going to happen. " Why did you call through office line? You could have just sent me message or on my number. Or maybe it's not saved on your contact lists so - "

" Calm down hyung. I just want to ask some things. "


Right then, Sungkyu was lost. Hoya adresses him as hyung again. It has been long since the latter did, since they started going for Woohyun.

" Hello? You there? "

" Oh ah ye - yes. "
he choked on his saliva. " Sure, well what is it? "

" I wanted to ask about Dongwoo. "
There was a small pause through the line before Hoya continued. " I want to propo - "

" Propose?! Are you crazy? You're not yet even 21, and Dongwoo's graduating soon! What would Woohyun say? Even your brothers?! You went away from us and now this? "

" I told you to calm down remember? I meant propose in a way that I want him to be my boyfriend already, and by Saturday, on our off. "

" Weren't you already? "
he asked with puzzlement. So all along these months of touchy flirty actions, it was all just into the dating phase?

" Unlikely . . to be honest I don't know. I just want him to know that I am officially his from now on. That's why I am asking you about what would Dongwoo like, you know, such things. "

Sungkyu sighed. " Okay. I will contact you so we can meet up before weekends. But you know, you could have just asked his TWINNIE you know. " he said while imitating how the twins call one another with their endearments.

" So do you want me to talk to Woohyun instead? " Hoya chuckled. " I think that's a better idea since I heard from Dongwoo today that you'll be late from work so I'm just gonna pick Woohyun up and you know - "

" You wouldn't dare Mr. Lee Ho Won! " Sungkyu growled upon realizing his stupidity.

" I know, Mr. Kim Sung Kyu. " Hoya just then gave laughter that made Sungkyu smile as well.

 
~~

Sungjong was currently doing his homework when the doorbell rang. He thought it was Sungyeol so he just opened it immediately – his mistake for being careless though, because it was someone else.

He couldn't describe the shock " How did you . . how did you know that I am here? Aren't you suppposed to be in Greece?! " He let Chansung in and lead him to the sofa.

" I arrived two nights ago " Chansung explained. " My sister asked me to personally hand the invitations to the people invited from here in Korea. "

" And? "
says Sungjong as he gives him a glass of iced tea.

With a wink, Chansung said his thanks. " I went to a bar in town and I am sure I did saw your brother. " and Sungjong knew he was pertaining to Hoya. " I followed him home and it resulted to me being here. "

" You're a creep! "
Sungjong jokingly said.

After a few talks, Chansung helped him with dinner. He prepared chicken soup and grilled pork belly. It was more than enough for the two. As they were giggling on the sofa after they've eaten, the door sprung open.

Sungyeol called in for his brother but was surprised to see him with the Saipan stranger again. Sungjong explained to him every details and tries to introduce Chansung as well. It was only then that he noticed Myungsoo's presence. Knowing discomfort, Chansung still chose to stay. He greeted Sungyeol, even Myungsoo.

" I didn't know you had a guest, Sungjong. " hearing that Sungyeol didn't addressed him as Sungjonggie, the younger knew he's in trouble. " I would be direct with you. " he then looked at Chansung. " What's your relationship with my brother? "

" Hyung! "

" What?! You should be glad that it wasn't Hoya hyung who caught you like this. "

" And by like this, what do you mean huh? It's not as if we are doing something, besides, can't I invite friends over? "


Chansung held Sungjong by the shoulder. " Sshh. Don't get angry, he is still your hyung. " he faced Sungyeol and smiled at him. " Don't put this on to him. "

" Tssk. How can I - "

" Don't you remember me Sungyeol? "


That question left silence in the room which made their attention drew closer to Chansung.

" I thought it was Woohyun you were dating back then, during high school? Because you're really close. But I found out from Sungjong that it's Myungsoo here whom you fell in love with. "

Myungsoo felt his blood boil, having this stranger talk like that. " Who the heck are you?! " he nearly shouted at him.

" I still seem unfamiliar to you, am I Sungyeol-ah? "

" What do you want? "
spoke Sungyeol softly. He remembers now. He remembers him. When he joined the scholastic's club way back in high school, Chansung was the team's mentor. He purposely stayed behind because he found him cool. He wasn't romantically attracted to him, he is just mesmerized by the older's talents. But one afternoon, something happened between the two. And it involved kissing, touching and even more. It was both their first times. Yet after that, Chansung didn't show up to school anymore, and Sungyeol never knew why.

" I saw you with someone shorter than you at the hotel's dining hall back in Saipan. I wanted to approach you but you're with him. " he pointed at Myungsoo. " I then saw Sungjong alone, tried to get closer and so on. I was surprised that you didn't notice me that time. You must have really forgotten everything ey? "

Myungsoo asked " So you have a past with Sungyeol? " but Sungjong cut him off,

" Did you get closer to me just because of Sungyeol hyung? "

Chansung never intended to turn it out like this. He felt guilty because Sungjong is thinking this way. " Look Sungjong - "

" Get out! "
Myungsoo exclaimed. " This may not be my house but I want you to stay away from Sungyeol. Don't bother Sungjong as well. "

The roars of lions and hooves of zebras are the only things that can be heard from a random tv show. Sungjong slouches on the mini couch while Sungyeol lies on the sofa and Myungsoo chose to sat down on the floor carpet, eyes focused on the tv but it's clear nothing goes on his mind. After Chansung had left, none has spoken a word.

Sungjong then broke the it off, " Time for bed, goodni - "

" Sit down. "
Sungyeol commanded. He heard a sighed from his younger brother.

" I get it hyung. " says Sungjong but he doesn't bother looking at him. " I easily made a fool out of myself. But just so you know, I didn't fall for Chansung. "

Sungyeol got up and stretched a little. " I know. And that's because I know you still like someone else. "

Myungsoo looked at the two brothers who are now eyeing each other.

Sungjong laughed. " Goodnight Sungyeollie hyung. "

 
~~

Dongwoo began whistling a tune, hands on his coat pocket. But the melody he was making came to halt, along with his tracks. There, outside the campus gate, stand someone Dongwoo never thought he'd be seeing again.

The pale face of the man made Dongwoo's heart burn in hurt. For all those years, he never once think of ill towards him. He walked to his side and flashed a smile. " Ahmm. Is there anything I can help you with? "

" You have gave everything yet I didn't do anything for you. "

" Supplying for my needs before was more than enough, father. "


The man shifted to where he was standing. " You still want to call me that inspite of what I brought you to suffer? "

" You spare my life when I was a baby, it was more than enough to be thankful of. Your words might have hurt, but you didn't attack me physically. Even though you favored Woohyunnie a lot, you still paid for my school, fed and clothed me. "
Dongwoo turned to looked at the sky. Not sunny, not cloudy. Just a fine atmosphere. " If that's how you act as a father, then I'll gladly accept that kind of father. "

Mr. Nam bowed his head and sniffed into tears. " It's . . surprising how it's you the one I've been pushing away yet it was Woohyun who turned away. "

Dongwoo laughed. " It's surprising too, your visit here. Are you going to pursue me in bringing Woohyunnie back to you? "

" With all of the things that had happened, I doubt he would even want to see me. "

" We planned to visit last Christmas though. But we had too much fun on our own, sorry. But he also said we will only come for mom. "

" It's impossible now. "


Dongwoo never held any grudge to his father. Never. He learned how to accept everything, even if it doesn't come along his way. But for today, he is unsure of what to feel for him. He loves his father, and Woohyun might scold him if he told him that he talked to their father.

" Your mother's gone. She passed away last week. "

Suddenly, it felt like the clouds started forming. A hint of rain is beginning to be visible. The last time Dongwoo saw their mother was when he ran away in the rain. And now, the rain is here again looking down on him.
 
" When you two left, I prohibited her to make contact with any of you. I was mad that everything I built for was falling apart. I wanted to blame you, if it wasn't for you, Woohyun wouldn't turned his back and your mother would have probably didn't worry for anything. "

Dongwoo felt his tears run down his face. He tried to reach to his pocket for any handkerchief. But Mr. Nam's hands held his face and wiped the tears away. His eyes shooked in shocked. This is the first physical affection he had received as far as he can remember.

" It was my fault, mine. Why could I not just treated you better? I failed . . I failed as your father. I was never fair. You and Woohyun might not forgive me, but please, take care of each other. " he slowly removed his hands on Dongwoo. " Goodbye then. " and started to walk under the rain.

" Fa - . . Father? " Dongwoo called. " Let's go home. Together. "
 
Losing someone because you let that person go isn’t much of a pain. But losing the one you love without knowing anything, hurts more. Woohyun remembers his final conversation with their mother,
 
“ Woo – Woohyun . . you know I can’t . . . it’s just that . . I’m so sorry dear . . I just . . I think I can’t help you. I’m sorry for failing you my son. But . . I guess . . you’re alone on this. ”
 
“ I’m not alone. I never was and I never will be. I’m always with my twin , my other half. My Dongwoo hyung. And when I say always, it means more compared to the forever you and that man promised when you married each other. ”
 
“ Woohyun . . ”
 
“ You’re the one who’s alone. Be strong. Mom. ”
 
“ Please , look after Dongwoo. Take care of him. I know I need not to say this to you because I don’t just trust you. I also believe in you my son . . Dongwoo . . he’s . . an angel. I’ve only been a halo for him. Floating on his head, saying things and never he disobey me. But . . but you Woohyun my child. You are his wings. He’s able to fly because of you. And yet, he had become a fallen angel. All because of my stupid mistakes and decisions. But nothing’s gonna change anymore. It’s all in the past now. And even if I say sorry, kneel and beg, it won’t matter anymore right? ”
 
“ When my Dongwoo hyung became a fallen angel, I was there to catch him. Don’t worry. I will make sure that hyung’s not going to go for bad decisions, and he shall think of you too. Till then, mom. ”
 
He places down the bouquet of red and white roses on the grave – the red symbolizes the most passionate and warmest love he can give to the only woman he would love while for the while the white roses resemble the pure and care that was hidden throughout. Sungkyu was beside him, offering his umbrella against the rain, but Woohyun brushed off of the shower. Drenched wet, he knelt before his mother’s grave.
 
“ Be our angel . . mom. ” he cried his tears out. “ I . . I hated him, mom. I am hating him now and I think I will still be hating him. ”
 
From a little bit behind, Dongwoo stands and shares his umbrella with their father.
 
“ I am thinking of closing the school. ”
 
The older twin was shocked by his father’s words. “ You – you can’t! Our friends go there, Woohyunnie too. ”
 
“ I . . I just don’t know what to do . . ” his father bursted into tears again.
 
“ What?! You’re really shameless aren’t you! ” Woohyun shouted hysterically. Sungkyu tries to hold him back, he already dropped the umbrella and now both of them are being showered by the rain. “ I’ll tell you what to do, get out of my sight! You killed our hearts, brought us pain . . and now . . ” his voice cracked and he can feel a big lump on his throat. “ . . and now . . you know what? Just go! ”
 
“ Woohyunnie, don’t. ” Dongwoo speaks softly. “ He is still our father. ”
 
“ Bullshiit! If you think of that after all he had done, then you’re one crazy crackhead hyung. ” It’s the first time Dongwoo has heard his twin talk to him like this.
 
“ I know. I am crazy remember? ”
 
“ That’s not what I meant hyung, please – ”
 
“ It’s all my fault Woohyunnie. If I was not born like this, none of this would have happened. ”
 
“ Huh what? Don’t even get there! ”
 
Sungkyu tries to get to them. “ Stop it you two. ”
 
“ I just want Dongwoo hyung to understand. ” he pointed rudely towards their father. “ Never pity that monster! ”
 
Mr. Nam said quietly, “ I will just go. Please don’t let this ruin your relationship with one another. ”
 
But Dongwoo felt like his world is crushing down. All the emotions and feelings inside are screaming their way out. And before he knew, he snapped.
 
“ You’re the monster Woohyunnie! ” his words made them gasped at him. “ Mom wouldn’t want any of . . this! ” he threw the umbrella away, making him and his father coated under the rain.  “ I know you care so much twinnie. You hate him because you love me. ”
 
“ Dongwoo, you’re not making any sense. ” Sungkyu said. “ What Woohyun is trying to tell is just right. You couldn’t just welcome a thief after robbing your home. How could you looked at Mr. –  . . ” he paused, unsure of what to call the old man. “. . easily at all? ”
 
Dongwoo glanced towards the way where his father is. A hunched back, he looked like he aged tenfold and been stressing a lot – visible wrinkles and bags under his eyes, pale skin and his weight seemed to have go down. “ Because his my father. ” his tears run down his face again, and he could hear Woohyun grunted in annoyance. “ It was me who he had treated like this, not you guys. But to be honest, for all those years, I didn’t really feel hurt. I just . . I just felt rejected. And that motivated me to be a better son for him, someone whom he can be proud of. ”
 
“ A better son for the worst father? ” scoffed Woohyun. “ Get a grip hyung! You’re losing your mind – ”
 
“ Shut up! ” Dongwoo’s anger towards the person he cares the most, he loves the most, his very own twin brother, started to rise on that day. “ Grow up Woohyun. If I can forgive him, why can’t you? I, as the main person involved here, has already moved on, so why won’t you? ”
 
Woohyun felt his heart stabbed with a huge dagger. “ You’re choosing him over me? ”
 
“ When he favored you most of the time, with me wondering what could you have been doing effortlessly that makes our father so proud of you, I still chose to stick with you rather than envy you. When Hoya showed interest in you, with me falling for him on the side note, I still chose not to break your connection apart and fight evenly. And stop being clean, Woohyun. Remember when you introduced me to your friends as your cousin? What does it make you then huh? ”
 
But Woohyun has his flag of pride waving fiercely. “ That man you easily forgave, that creature, has poisoned your mind. I can’t believe you Dongwoo hyung. ”
 
“ Stop calling me hyung if you won’t be able to respect my decisions. ”
 
“ Fine then! ” Woohyun walked his way from them while Sungkyu followed him from behind, asking him not to make things too rough for the both of them. But the young twin’s tracks were stopped immediately upon hearing their father’s voice instead.
 
“ Dongwoo! ” cries Mr. Nam for help. Dongwoo was seen fainted on the cold wet grass grounds. Woohyun rushed over to their side with Sungkyu calling for the ambulance.
 
Woohyun even managed to push Mr. Nam a bit, “ If something happens, I’ll make sure something happens to you. ”
 
 
* I AM SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE. IT’S ALMOST A MONTH.
I PROMISE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE TO BE ON EITHER FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHT.
IT WAS BECAUSE I STARTED TRAINING FOR MY WORK. I FINALLY GOT A JOB.
THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! AND FORGIVE THE BIT OF MOOD IN THIS STORY.
I DON’T WANT TO END THIS YET – I WANT TO WRITE MORE LOL HAHAHA :D
I’M REALLY SORRY AND ON THE NEXT CHAPTERS WOULD BE EASE AND CALM.
THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU GUYS! <3 *