REAL TRUTH

INFINITE Relationships
 
Sungjong entered an ice cream shop. ‘ Dongwoo hyung be safe ’ He sat near the window so he still could see everyone. Just then, he noticed a crowd forming near the fountain. Some were on their phones seem to be calling for emergency.
 
He felt his heart raised and immediately went outside the shop and made his steps to find out the cause of the commotion. An ambulance’s siren can be heard from the distant. Sungjong started to quicken up his pace. He made it to the back and asked one of the onlookers what happened.
 
“ Some kid was just sitting by the fountain bench when he suddenly fainted. ” the guy said.
 
“ A kid? ” he asked, assuring himself.
 
“ Well more like a teenager or someone your age. ” it was the girlfriend of the guy, he assumed, who said that.
 
‘ Dongwoo hyung please, Dongwoo hyung ’ he does not understand why Dongwoo came to his mind. He tried to let himself passed to the growing crowd. And then finally he made it at the front, he was standing there frozen. “ Oh no. ” he gasped.
 
He saw how the nurses came to assist the little girl, drenched wet for falling down the fountain. Sungjong felt his heart like it was coming out.
 
“ Sungjong-ah? ” he quickly turned when he heard his name being called.
 
“ Do – Dongwoo hyung?! ” Sungjong immediately plunged himself towards the older. He can still clearly see the traces of tears from Dongwoo’s face along with the swollen eyes. “ Can .. can we go and talk hyung? ”
 
Dongwoo loosen the hug, “ I – I , don’t know , I just ,  I . . ” but the way he had seen Sungjong’s eyes, he knew he won’t be able to resist it. “ . . I , okay. ”
 
Sungjong decided to bring Dongwoo to his home. They shared neither conversations nor talk while on the bus through their way. Dongwoo leaned his head on the younger’s shoulder, which the latter didn’t held back in and just patted his head, getting some sleep. Sungjong used this chance to call his Hoya hyung that they’re headed to his home. He asked the older to just rest for a while and let the stories unfold when they reached home. As he searched his refrigerator, he gave Dongwoo a soda to freshen up. They both shared the small but cozy sofa.
 
“ I’m sorry hyung. Our house’s small and just the same as your bathroom probably. ” And he glad he heard him laughed a bit. “ Hyung, I personally think that there, - even though, still, yet there might be some explanations Woohyun has. ”
 
Dongwoo just looked at the empty soda can on his hands. When Sungjong didn’t hear any response he continued, “ I know how it felt to trust someone completely and entirely with all your heart. And even though that person gets promises broken at some times, you never asked for more. You kept hanging onto to them. Because part of them has already made you attached and accepted whatever flaws they have. ”
 
“ I , I trusted Woohyunnie, of course Sungjongie. And I still do. And I will understand if he did those things just to protect me. I always told him that I’d rather hurt than see him cry, but why do I feel sad now that I am hurt? You can’t just expect me to say ‘ Awww it’s okay Woohyunnie, I understand ’ , then kissed and hugged him. ”
 
When Sungjong was about to say something, the door was suddenly opened widely and roughly. There goes to their sight was a panting Woohyun, who immediately walked his way towards them.
 
“ Hyung ” he called out to Dongwoo.
 
Sungjong looked up beside Dongwoo who stood up. “ Don’t call me that. ” Woohyun was taken aback and had his mouth left opened not moving abit. Sungjong heard gasps behind Woohyun and only realized that the others were there too, shell shocked.
 
“ I . . I didn’t mean in a way like that. ” Dongwoo’s voice trailed off, without looking at him. “ I know things would be different now, and calling me hyung won’t be the same anymore. But you can still address me to that, even if I am – ”
 
Woohyun grunted as he scrunched his hands over his face. “ Aiiisssh!! Hyung you’re not adopted okay?! We are brothers, hyung, more to that twins! We don’t look like each other well that’s because we are not identical twins. And I am grateful that you don’t have this sinful face of mine! This face that showed fake smiles, fake laughs, fake fake fake!! But my tears aren’t fake! They aren’t hyung. My feelings for you too. ”
 
Dongwoo was quietly sobbing and deep inside he just wanted to run to his Woohyunnie and hug him tight. He’s now eyeing him only to see how messed up Woohyun has looked. The younger spoke again,
 
“ You’re my brother hyung. What makes us special is that we are linked together compared to the other siblings out there. There’s a string between us and I would never wish for it to be cut. That’s the truth. But do you know hyung what’s real? It’s that, I never intended for you to get hurt, be hurt . . bullsh*t right? ”
 
Woohyun walked over to where Dongwoo was. Closing their gap for a little and palming the older’s face with both of his hands. “ Hey, ‘ya look at me, into my eyes hyung. The truth; we’re connected. What’s real; I don’t want you hurt. But there’s only one thing that you should know . . . ” He hugged Dongwoo and whispered into his ears, “ . . I love you. Nothing more, nothing less. ”
 
Dongwoo returned the hug and cried to Woohyun’s shoulder. While the latter couldn’t keep it in anymore, he also broke down into tears.
 
Sungjong heard Sungkyu softly calling for him. “ Thank you Sungjong. ”
 
“ Ah no. I only did that not because I have to, but I felt like I needed to and Dongwoo hyung’s my angel. ”
 
“ Would you go outside for a while? The others are waiting for you. I want the twins to talked about it all, and I need to stay to help them both. ”
 
 
 
 
 
“ ‘Ya Sungjong-ah , what if you found out that we’re not blood related? Omomomo~~ are you going to run? ” Sungyeol seated on a seesaw across Myungsoo on the other side; teasingly asked his younger brother who was on the swing.
 
The four of them were currently on a park a few steps away from the Lee’s home. “ Hoya hyung~~ ” Sungjong mumbled to Hoya for back-up.
 
“ Shut . . . the . . . up. . . Sungyeol. ” Hoya was a little stiff because he was using the monkey bars as if he was on some gym of sort.
 
“ Is he? ” asked Myungsoo quietly which Sungyeol only heard. They were going up and down, and up and down on the seesaw. “ Of course not fool. Hoya hyung and I were both there when Sungjong was born. ”
 
“ But you and Sungjong weren’t there when Hoya was born. His name’s different too. ”
 
When Sungyeol’s turn on the seesaw reached down, he immediately pulled out some grass and threw it onto Myungsoo when he reached up now. “ Yes! But there was a ing video Myung! A freaking video while he was being pulled away from that tight tunnel hole!! And he was supposed to be Lee Sung Won but our parents never would have actually thought adding Sungjong and I to their romantic nights. So they registered him as Ho Won. ”
 
Myungsoo laughed at his Sungyeol’s crack. He can never get enough of this. “ The fudge was that? ”
 
“ Because he was first born. His baby looks were like HO my God, he’s the HOWONly child. The first child to think – ”
 
“ What was that? ” the seesaw couple looked over at Hoya who had finished exercising his defined muscle arms and now pushing the swing for Sungjong. Sungyeol and Myungsoo stopped and get over to where the two were.
 
“ I said . . ” Sungyeol was dusting his pants. Well his knees hit the ground whenever he’s on the down side of the seesaw, and it’s not his fault for having those long legs. “ . . To think we got kicked out of our own house. I was feeling the need of the bathroom since we’ve arrived here. ”
 
“ I hope they are getting better. ” said Sungjong who was still being pushed by Hoya on the swing.
 
The swing bar contained two swings. Myungsoo sat on the swing next to Sungjong’s. “ They will. ” he assured the younger. Sungjong just forced a smile.
 
“ Sungyeol-ah push. ” Myungsoo called out for Sungyeol.
 
“ Why me tweety bird ? ” but he’s already heading behind Myungsoo.
 
“ Because if you were to sit here in my place, your damn legs would be dragged as I pushed the swing for you. ”
 
“ Is that a compliment or are you mocking me? ” Sungyeol started pushing the swing.
 
Myungsoo chuckled, “ Nah, I’m just concern. ”
 
“ Well I’m not. ” Sungyeol continued pushing and glanced at Hoya who was beside him doing the same to Sungjong. “ Hoya hyung. Let’s push these two. Faster; the farthest the better. Whoever falls first between Sungjong and Myungsoo, loses. ”
 
Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo. ‘ He obviously likes Sungyeol hyung. But I can’t obviously try to avoid about finding why he tried to kiss me. I felt like he was toying me that time, but at the same time, I knew there was something else. I can’t, stop it. He is for Sungyeol hyung and I know Sungyeol hyung is into him, maybe not bluntly. Yet who knows, Woohyun’s for Hoya hyung and even as Dongwoo hyung for Sungkyu hyung. And I should stay alone. Be alone. Then again who knows.”
 
They stayed there for like an hour. Feeling like a bunch of kids; trying out even the slide, in which Hoya didn’t realize he was wearing white pants and the merry-go-round, in which ended up a vomiting Sungyeol.  After some time, they went back to checked if the coast is already clear and the tides have been smoothed down.
 
 
 
 
 
“ Hyung why? ” Myungsoo asked, almost shouting.
 
“ Don’t shout Myungsoo, this is not your home. ” Sungkyu said.
 
“ I am not shouting! ”
 
“ Yes you are stubborn ” he glared which made the younger shut up. “ Since the twins have had it figured out, we are ALL going back to my house – ”
 
“ Our house ” Myungsoo in. Sungkyu remained staring at him. Then Myungsoo held both of his hands up surrendering with a little tiny bit of pouting.
 
“ As I was saying . . ” Sungkyu continues “ . . it’s still my birthday. Can’t you say yes to me? I will admit. I am getting old and I need buddies, friends. Do I sound lonely to you guys? ”
 
“ How about a girlfriend, hyung? ” asked Sungjong.
 
“ Or a boyfriend ” said Dongwoo who even laughed at his own joke. Hearing his laugh made the others smile to delight knowing his back on track.
 
They all looked at Sungkyu zoning out again, “ We’ll have a pool party tonight. ” and they just agreed to it. “ May the gorgeous, good-looking, beautifully handsome Lee siblings packed some of your clothes now, while we’re still at your home. ”
 
The three went to their room and began rummaging through to whatever clothes their closet has. “ I’ll lend you some clothes Dongwoo-ah, and you Mr. Myungsoo, let Woohyun borrow okay? ”
 
 
The group tucked themselves in the mini van which Sungkyu drove on their way to the Lee’s home. The passenger seat was taken by Myungsoo. Behind was the two-seater having Dongwoo and Woohyun on it. The back space was occupied by Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong. When they’ve arrived, back again at the Kim’s, they decided to have dinner. Soon, starting new conversations. The previous ones they had on that table this noon were full of angst, so they tried to brushed it off and create new ones.
 
 
“ Unfortunately, ” announced Sungkyu “ there are only three rooms here. Mine, Myungsoo’s and a guest room. ”
 
“ Oh , why not Dongwoo hyung-nim shared with you Sungkyu hyung-nim. The guest room would be Woohyun-ssi and Hoya hyung’s. Then Sungjonggie and I would be on Myungsoo’s. ” Sungyeol suggested and suddenly received questions.
 
“ Why are you separating us? ” asked Dongwoo.
 
“ Why am I with him? ” asked Hoya.
 
“ Why am I with you? ” asked Myungsoo.
 
“ Why are you deciding? ” asked Woohyun.
 
Sungyeol felt like he was flushed on a toilet. He looked at Sungkyu, “ I was - . .  I was not . . it’s not that I am deciding. It was only a suggestion. ”
 
“ Or . . ” they turned to their head over to that soft voice, “ . . it can be easily done you as*heads. Myungsoo , Sungkyu on whose ever room you like. Then Dongwoo and Woohyun on either Myungsoo or Sungkyu’s room. And us three, would just be on the guest room ” Sungjong said, eyes droopy.
 
“ What ever happened to the word hyungs ? ” Sungyeol snorted because the younger used informal speech.
 
“ He’s sober. Any moment getting drunk. ” Hoya hurriedly went to Sungjong and pushed the glass of red wine away from him.
 
“ I don’t need shower hyung. ” Sungjong tried to fight back at Hoya but he felt getting weak.
 
“ This is bad. ” Sungyeol tried to help now. “ He said sober, SOBER not shower. You know like, Big Bang’s song. Gosh you’re even a VIP Sungjonggie. ”
 
The two hyungs finally made Sungjong stand up, assisting him on his walk. “ Am I really a Very Important Person hyung? Then why’s everyone toying with me? ” he asked them.
 
“ Come on now. ” Sungyeol helped pushed Sungjong on Hoya’s back to give him a piggy ride.
 
“ Okay okay . . You three, take the guest room. Myungsoo, be in my room. Dongwoo and Woohyun will use yours.” Sungkyu suggested as he lead them upstairs.
 
 
When they left, Woohyun asked the remaining  Myungsoo and his twin brother Dongwoo. “ Have you heard what Sungjong said? Then why’s everyone toying with me? Because I used to bugged him during his first year in the university, people started rumours about us, and all were badly directed at him. ”
 
“ Woohyunnie . . don’t just blame yourself ” then Dongwoo shared the story how Sungjong appeared in his life.
 
“ Then hyung maybe it’s partly my fault! ”
 
“ Stop it Woohyun-ssi. ” Myungsoo, said clearing up the table.
 
“ Okay. Right now, I am looking forward to that pool party your brother promised. ”
 
 
 
Hoya and Sungyeol doesn’t know if they are going to cry, or not. They can’t feel anger as well. They don’t know what kind of emotions were stirring up onto them.
 
There on the bed, was Sungjong sleeping soundly as Sungkyu was seating beside the boy. He had told them how he met Sungjong. He even showed them the marks of bruises on Sungjong’s back, thankful that they were now healing.
 
“ I . .  I – swear hyung, I didn’t know. And even if I knew, though Sungjonggie and I are not close like you two are, I would do something to it hyung . . ” Sungyeol held onto Hoya’s shoulders who was just eyeing the sleeping Sungjong. Hoya ruffled Sungyeol’s hair, despite the younger being taller than him.
 
“ Ssshh. Stay with him for a moment. I’ll be back. ” he turned to Sungkyu. “ May I borrow some towels? I have to sponge bath him. ”
 
Sungkyu stood up and went out, having Hoya behind him. But when Hoya’s about to close the door, he said, “ I’ll be back okay? And Sungyeol-ah, never ever blame yourself. ”
 
 
 
“ He’s right hyung. ” Sungjong said as the door closed.
 
“ Sungjonggie. . you were awake all this time? ” Sungyeol said, not making it obvious that he was so worried. “ Ya why drink much?! ”
 
Sungjong tried to sit down with the help of Sungyeol.
 
“ Hyung, may I let you know three things? ”
 
“ Spit it out. What’s the first? ” he seated beside Sungjong, their backs against the bed’s headboard.
 
“ First , let me take a selfie. ”
 
“ You crazy ? I thought you’re drunk ” they both laughed and Sungjong rested his head on the older’s shoulder.
 
“ Joking. Anyway, the first was one is . . don’t blame yourself hyung. ” he felt Sungyeol’s arm around him. “ I don’t want anyone taking the blame for me. I want you all to know that. Whatever I do are all due to my credits. Please, never pity me. ”
 
Sungyeol hummed and brushed his hand on Sungjong’s hair. “ Next? ”
 
“ Second, I want to be a good dongsaeng for you. Wou – would you help me hyung? ”
 
Sungyeol stop caressing the younger’s hair and tighten his arms around him. “ I will. Let’s start over. Like the twins. ” Sungjong wrapped his arms onto Sungyeol’s body as well.
 
“ And the third, . . ” silence filled the room.
 
“ What about the third Sungjonggie? ”
 
“ Myungsoo hyung . . ”
 
 
 
 
 
* I deeply apologize for not updating these three days. But still thank you!