DATE DATE DATE

INFINITE Relationships
Getting to know someone is like a journey. You would be able to experience many things along the way, leading you to many paths. Either you will choose to be friends with that particular someone, be more than that or just be his bestfriend. There will come a point that you might seem to be lost, looking for the next road. But what matters is that you know you’re not traveling alone. And in the end, it will all comes down to your goal. Your destination. Where you wanted this journey to head to. And whatever comes along, you would even try to risk anything just so you can be sure of what lies ahead.
 
But Myungsoo cares no less for these things. Right now he was blinded, covered and embraced by happiness. When he was a child, he gets happy easily when his family would go out on vacations. His mom, dad and older brother Sungkyu would best fit the description of being a happy Myungsoo. It’s a bit different now though. Another reason – more like someone , nah , it’s not just a someone. Rather another happiness had been brought upon him.
 
Being confused, and at the same time feeling giddy towards your childhood bestfriend makes Myungsoo extremely happy. He is smart though, already thought that what if this might soon fade away? He brushed away these stuffs clouding his mind and instead welcomed all the positive things that the air brings. He will fight for this, without losing or giving up on the other.
 
“ Ice cream? ” Myungsoo was suddenly brought back to the grounds of reality when he heard the voice of his heart. He saw Sungyeol with the cutest questioning look on his face. He had seen Sungyeol act all childish way too many times before. Again, it’s a bit different now. Maybe when you really like someone, you’re starting to think and look at that person wonderfully.
 
“ Too sweet. ” he said as they both stroll down the road. It’s been only like half an hour since he asked Sungyeol on  a date. They were having talks and laughs, again, a bit different from before. This time, with embarrassment and the tries of being shy.
 
“ Hmmm, how about cake? ” Sungyeol’s has been suggesting various choices for what they are going to eat. The two planned to just walked around and enjoy this said date.
 
“ Too sweet. ”
 
“ Ahhh , pancakes? Ah no it’s like a cake as well. Maybe ahmm . . fruit shakes? ” Sungyeol’s eyes were jolly and filled with anticipation. He’s really craving for some.
 
“ Too sweet. ”
 
Sungyeol stopped his track and smacked Myungsoo’s head which surprised the latter. “ Aish ya Kim Myung Soo arghh. I’m still your hyung eh. And we’re bestfriends, don’t be awkward with me. And for like the heck dude, everything I suggest is too sweet for you. What do you want then? ”
 
Myungsoo just chuckled at him. They both continued walking. “ There is one that is too sweet for my liking, but I promise I would never ever can’t get enough of that. ”
 
“ Well say it idiot, so we can go and have some of that eh. What is it then? ”
 
Myungsoo walked a little ahead of Sungyeol and faced him while walking backwards. “ You. ”
 
Sungyeol paused for a while. A tint of blush was there on his cheeks. But he won’t fall for it easily. He suddenly act as if he was going to remove his shoes and throw it unto Myungsoo’s face. “ Ya ! Are you undergoing grease tutorials from Woohyun-ssi ahh!! ” Myungsoo tried to run away which Sungyeol chased after him.
 
“ And sh*t’s about to get real seriously? So I’m the one chasing you now huh ? ” shouted Sungyeol as they still run down the streets.
 
Myungsoo stopped and waited for him. Places his arms around his bestfriend, “ Come on. Fruit shake it is then. I know it’s your favorite. Strawberry right? ”
 
“ I don’t like Strawberry – maybe you’re referring to someone else? ”
 
“ Jealous that fast? ”
 
“ Screw you b*tch ! ” and Sungyeol held onto Myungsoo as well.
 
“ I’m just guessing that strawberry would be your favorite fruit. ”
 
“ Eeeww. They taste like medicine for kids. ”
 
“ But they’re kind of pink in color. And pink’s your favorite color. ”
 
“ you. ” Yes. It’s a bit different now. But Myungsoo feels like this difference is better and improving. Today’s a date to remember.
 
 
 
Woohyun breathes in and out. He just got home and now standing outside his father’s workroom. ‘This has to stopped now. For my Dongwoo hyung.’ It’s time for him to man up and be strong. Throw away the playfulness and let maturity take over. He was about to knock when he heard someone calling for him behind.
 
“ Ooh oh woah Motherf*cker mother you gave me a fright!! ”
 
Woohyun’s ever beautiful mother – , truth be told, Jang Ye Seon is the prettiest among the moms Woohyun met, compared to his friends’ mothers and he was so proud of it. And if there is one thing that made his mom ugly, it was when she met and decided to marry this piece of a sh*t Nam Hyuk Bin. But Woohyun can’t do anything, without their so-called father, he and his twin Dongwoo wouldn’t be here as well. And he thought that maybe if it did happen, at least no one will get hurt.
 
“ Watch you mouth young mister. I did not raise you to be like this Woohyun. And I just called out for your name. How come you were like so surprised? Are you planning to do something? ” his mom battled him questions when she found out that his son was actually outside her husband’s workroom.
 
“ Aish okay, I know mom. I’m going to talk to the old man. Whatever happens, I will stand for this. ”
 
There were worries on his mother’s eyes. But that’s not an enough reason for him to back out. “ Woo – Woohyun . . you know I can’t . . . it’s just that . . I’m so sorry dear . . ” and then there some tears forming on her eyes. “ . . I just . . I think I can’t help you. I’m sorry for failing you my son. But . . I guess . . you’re alone on this. ”
 
“ I’m not alone. I never was and I never will be. I’m always with my twin , my other half. My Dongwoo hyung. And when I say always, it means more and not less, compared to the 'forever' you and that man promised when you married each other. ” with that, Woohyun didn’t even knock on the door and just opened it.
 
He saw how his father straightened his back. “ Manners, boy. Don’t you have it with you? ”
 
Woohyun gave him the most plastic smile he could ever compose, full of sarcasm. “ Oh yeah. I would like to inform you that my manners won’t make it for today. That’s why it’s only be me you will deal with, er. ”
 
His father stood up from his chair and slammed the table. “ You ungrateful imbecile ! What the hell is wrong with you ?!! ”
 
“ There’s nothing wrong with me , or with Dongwoo hyung. It’s not us. It’s you. You and you only. You and your d*ckhead heartless actions. ” Woohyun showed no signs of being afraid for going up against his father. To be honest, he feels the excitement coming from him. He thinks he’s in a some kind of television series. And if it gets wild, he won’t hesitate to make this family drama genre into an action filled with suspense and thriller one.
 
Woohyun’s father threw some of his paper works away, crashing some vases and fragile office supplies. All comes with curses which Woohyun just yanked away and he’s even making faces.
 
“ So this is about that pathetic brother of yours. You have no ing choice Nam Woo Hyun. From now on, you will stop attending my university. You are to be transferred and moved away, until you learn your lesson. And when the time comes, you are going to handle – ”
 
“ Ah ah ah. I don’t like being handled. I’m not a package box  with a ‘Handle with Care’ markings on it. For I don’t care. Anymore. You can’t control me . . ” When he sees his father was about to talk again, he suddenly cut him off. “ . . And I won’t mind it if you remove all access to my bank accounts, disown me for heck you don’t even literally own me. I am grown man. Young at heart, but my balls are big enough to prove you that you are the disgrace for this family. That would be all, sir. ”
 
Woohyun left the room as heard his father’s shouts kept ringing. He met his mother outside. “ Woohyun . . ” He wanted to leave immediately but turned to her instead.
 
“ You’re the one who’s alone. Be strong. Mom. ” Woohyun tried gulping his own tears, he’s starting to feel a lump on his throat.
 
“ Please , look after Dongwoo. Take care of him. I know I need not to say this to you because I don’t just trust you. I also believe in you my son . . ” she walked up to him, cupped his face with her hands. “ Dongwoo . . he’s . . an angel. I’ve only been a halo for him. Floating on his head, saying things and never he disobey me. But . . but you Woohyun my child. You are his wings. He’s able to fly because of you. And yet, he had become a fallen angel. All because of my stupid mistakes and decisions. But nothing’s gonna change anymore. It’s all in the past now. And even if I say sorry, kneel and beg, it won’t matter anymore right? ” Woohyun didn’t realize the tears flowing on his cheeks, not until he felt his mother’s fingers wiped it off for him.
 
He grabbed her hand, held onto it and assured her. “ When my Dongwoo hyung had become a fallen angel, I was there to catch him. Don’t worry. I will make sure that hyung’s not going to go for bad decisions, and he shall think of you too. Till then, mom. ” Woohyun went to his room then to Dongwoo’s and packed some of their clothes. He went out of the crappy house. Today’s a date to remember.
 
 
 
“ We’ll call you. ”
 
“ Sorry, we’re full already. ”
 
“ We are not currently hiring. ”
 
Hoya grunts as he sat down on the pavement. He has been pacing and lurking around the city trying to find a job. He knows he’s in a very tight situation. Him being not enrolled in a university is one disadvantage, still he searches for a work suitable and would be compatible even if he’s a high school graduate only. He stood up and goes into the the nearest trash bin to dispose his empty mineral water bottle. Still feeling exhausted and a bit starving, Hoya continues to look here and there.
 
Right around the next turn, he passed by a bar with a signage hanging outside.
 
WANTED
Male Dancer
must be at least 18 – 25 years old
 
He didn’t give any second thoughts and proceeded with his way inside. He asked for anyone to talk to regarding the job offer. One lead him to the administration office. When Hoya got there, he was welcomed by a fine looking man.
 
“ Well hello there. ” the man offered a handshake in which Hoya accepted. “ My name is Seo In Guk. I’m the bar’s manager. ”
 
“ Lee Ho Won. Hoya would be fine. ”
 
“ Take a seat. ” Hoya took the chair in front of this Seo In Guk. “ So let’s get down to business. You are – no , you should be a dancer right since you come up here to apply? ” Hoya gave him an affirmative nod.
 
“ Okay. You can start tonight. ” Hoya couldn’t believe it at first. No auditions or practices to be held? He saw Seo In Guk noticed his change of expression.
 
“ You had the aura of a dancer the moment you step in here. I assumed you will not disappoint me right? So be here by 7:30pm for attendance check. This bar is like a club type as well, so it opens by 8pm. You need not to worry about dancing since you are to dance with the other dancers. If you managed to impressed their dance team manager, he gives a solo performance for the one which catches his style. If the crowd goes wild, then it’s a fixed schedule for you. This would be a tiring work since you are to dance every after an hour. During the times off, you will be a bartender as well. You will stand behind bar counters and serve drinks. Since you’re new, your first week is all about training. You only need to roam around the bar, cleans and clears the tables, glasses. Once you’re okay with it, you are to learn on how to serve drinks and comply to the orders of each customer.
 
If you’re a talented dancer enough, dancing would only let you practice for some time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Just to assure you, the kind of dancing here is not from a gay bar. You’re not a macho dancer here Hoya. Neither a performer nor a stripper. You are to be a talent here. The money to be paid to you as a salary would be because of your dancing skills. Not because of your body. ” he informed him while giving a smile. Hoya looks forward for tonight. He was asked to go upstairs where the other dancers are practicing.
 
Hoya was satisfied with the terms and conditions they agreed upon. On the side note, he hopes his siblings, Sungyeol and Sungjong are getting along just fine. He hopes Sungyeol won't cause much trouble. He hopes Sungjong won't take all the blame and just learn how to mature. He hopes for new hopes. Today's a date to remember.
 
 
 
“ Where have you been? You’re late. ” Sungkyu scoffed at his brother Myungsoo for coming just now. The brothers are about to have a dinner with their parents at the latter’s place.
 
“ Date. ”
 
“ So . . ” their ever jolly mother started. “ . . good on you Myungsoo. Unlike your older brother here who can’t – . . ”
 
“ Mom! ” Sungkyu blasted and looked into their father. “ Dad, she’s starting again. ” but their father just shrug it off.
 
His mom gave him a look continuing “ . . who can’t tone down even just for a little. Anyway, my baby boy Myung, how’s is this date you have? Tell mommy what is . . ” Myungsoo sensed his mother hesitating and trying to find the right word. Instead, he just spoke for it.
 
“ He, mommy. Shall I tell you what he’s like. ”
 
Sungkyu choked on his food and heard his father laughed loudly while still eating. Their mother on the other hand searches for answers.
 
“ His name is Lee Sung Yeol – ”
 
“ What?! You’re . . . but no . . like you’re . . dating him ? Wh – what why? ”
 
Myungsoo smiled and then ignored his brother, went back to facing his mother. “ Lee Sung Yeol. He’s my classmate so we’re on the same age. But more to that, he has been my childhood friend. My bestfriend since we were nine , ten. He is the middle child among them. His older hyung recently drives for me to school. He was hired by hyung. Their youngest studies in the same university as ours. ”
 
Their mother suddenly rung a bell, which soon followed by a maid who entered. “ Bring in Myungsoo’s favorite lasagna. ” and the maid excused herself. “ So my Myung, I want to meet your Sungyeol okay. Let mommy talk to him. I bet he’s a wonderful boy. Oh wait, were you the one who confessed? ”
 
“ Yes mommy. ”
 
“ Oh my baby boy! All grown up. ” their mother even stood up off of her chair, went to Myungsoo and hugged and kissed him. Then gave a smirking look on Sungkyu. “ So manly yet lovely unlike someone there who’s starting to get wrinkles. ”
 
Sungkyu retaliated, “ But you were the one who wanted me to work! ”
 
“ I said work. Not stress and tire yourself. I did want you to work of course. But I never wanted you to overfatigue yourself. ” she sat back down.
 
Their father set his knife and fork aside, “ Honey, let the kids do their things.  If they want to date, date. Wants to work, work. Marry, then marry. As long as they do their respective responsibilities to this family.”
 
“ Thanks dad! You’re the man. ” Sungkyu fist bumped their father.
 
Okay okay. Keep it low, but be proud of your relationships you two okay. And I’m not going to force you Sungkyu anymore for a boyfriend or relationship. Just, don’t stressed with work too much. Or else I will take it away from. Oh that’s it. I’m giving you a month – ”
 
“ Mom! Argghh! I can manage . . ”
 
“ A month for vacation Sungkyu.  No work. Go out of town, out of country or even out of this world if that’s the only way I can see your mushy hamstered baby face again. ”
 
Sungkyu gives in. Besides, he needs an off as well. Looking at his family is like sailing smoothly. Their parents being supportive. He suddenly thought about Dongwoo, even Woohyun. Considering the relationship they have with their parents. He still can’t believe Myungsoo seems to be happily going out with Sungyeol. He must have matured already. See what love can bring? And when love comes for him in a romantic way, he will look forward for it. He’s happy to have awesome parents. Today’s a date to remember.
 
 
 
“ Now what?! ” asked Sungyeol. He just got home and witnessed his younger brother sitting on the floor. He knows Sungjong’s about to cry, but apparently the younger’s doing a great job keeping it in. He dislikes how his brother cries easily. But looking at him now, Sungyeol wonders if Sungjong did ran out of tears. Still the concern is there. “ Sungjong, what happened? Is there something wrong? ”
 
“ Hyung . . I’m a pain in the as*. ” Sungjong remained expressionless. He looks like he ran out of emotions as well.
 
“ Spill it. ”
 
“ The caretakers are going to take our home in two days. ”
 
Sungyeol dropped the bag of groceries he had with him, supposed to be it was for his and Sungjong’s dinner.
 
“ Wha – what ? Why? They can’t . .. they can’t do that! We are paying monthly! No dues left or unpaid. That’s it, I am going to call Hoya hyung. You find the receipts of our previous payments, go check on it while I – ”
 
“ They said someone owns this land. Actually it’s the whole neighborhood hyung. We’ve living here illegally. Receipts are useless hyung if we don’t have the land title itself. ”
 
Sungyeol stopped dialing for Hoya’s number. 'This can't be happening. What now?' He went and sat beside Sungjong and took him into his arms, “ We have to work this out. Calling Hoya hyung is a bad idea for now. He might worry too much. Let’s not bring any burden to our hyung. I will not blame you though for his decision. But Jongie we have to be strong for ourselves, for him as well. You have to help hyung okay? ” he said while caressing the younger’s head which was now on his shoulders. “ It’s now only you and me Sungjonggie. ”
 
Sungjong tighten his grip around Sungyeol. “ I will hyung. I will grow up and be strong for us. Like you said, it’s only you and me. ”