DEALS

INFINITE Relationships

 

Woohyun is not the type to be interested in business matters – a reason why he also refused his father’s selfish decision for his future. Yet he can’t do anything but rather feel a bit bored now that he is in Sungkyu’s office. Woohyun admires the older’s patience and motivation for running a family company. “ Myungsoo . . I think this will not be his forte. ”
 
“ I think so too. ” Woohyun heard Sungkyu spoke. He thought he only said those words in his mind. Apparently, he didn’t.
 
“ Would that be okay for your parents, if ever Myungsoo declines to be the heir of a certain business? ”
 
“ I’m pretty sure they won’t mind. ” says Sungkyu as he piles down some paper works. “ They – I mean we all know in the family how Myungsoo is the carefree type. All my brother needs to do is graduate decently. And find a job he can be proud of. ”
 
“ How about you Sungkyu-ssi? Are you proud of . . these? ” Woohyun glanced at frames hanging on the wall ; certificates awarding Sungkyu.
 
“ I have learned to. ” Sungkyu loosen his tie as he eye Woohyun. “ I have always wanted to be doctor when I was young. Then I met Dongwoo and I told myself that I will just be a lawyer instead. ”
 
“ I didn’t know you’ve known Dongwoo hyung for that long already. Small world as you say. But may I know the connection of you choosing law instead? ”
 
“ He is my bestfriend, 7 years of friendship and counting. I wanted to fight for his rights when he told me one time how your father treated him . . . differently. ”
 
“ You and Myungsoo keep your bestfriends for long. ” Woohyun noted, how he noticed Myungsoo is also bestfriends with Sungyeol for years now.
 
“ We sure do. But when I entered college, our parents suggested business course would be better, for the medicine field will take me 8-10 years to accomplished it and law will just have my conscience be separated by truth and lies. I just thought of something . . Dongwoo is graduating next year . . and you’re on the same class level with Myungsoo? ”
 
“ Dongwoo hyung started highschool without me. I repeated the final grade on elementary. right? ”
 
Sungkyu laughs softly. “ That is why. ”
 
A knock was heard, interrupting their conversation for a moment. Sungkyu’s secretary came in, but suddenly it seems like she was a bit shock. She then immediately gather her senses. And she was glad Sungkyu didn’t notice it. But Woohyun did.
 
“ Ah . . Sir? Mr. Lee Ho Won is here. He says he wants to speak to you. ”
 
“ Oh really? Send him in right away. And bring us some brunch over. Carbonara and iced tea would do. ”
 
“ Ye . . yes sir. ” and she hurriedly went out of the room.
 
“ Secretary? ” Woohyun asks.
 
“ Yes. A noona hehe. She is older than me  . . by . . three years? So I guess she is 26years old now. Why? Your type? ” Sungkyu calmly said, but wonders if Woohyun has a thing for his secretary. To be honest, the woman is volumptous inspite wearing jeans and blouse only.
 
“ Tssk. Not a chance. So . . shall I leave you and Hoya-ssi for a while? ”
 
“ Oh. I don’t want to exclude you for a while but I guess it’ll have to. Sorry. ”
 
“ Don’t worry. Maybe Hoya needs some help you know. I will be just in the pantry. See you later. ”
 
 
Myungsoo looked around first then faced Sungjong. “ Will you lend me your body for a one time moment ? ”
 
Sungjong doesn’t know how to react. Or what should his mind process. It’s either he heard Myungsoo wrong or he is plainly green-minded. He casually fixed his composure. “ Wh – what for? ”
 
“ I need practice. Sungyeol once mentioned that you’re good at it. ”
 
‘the did his hyung tell on this Myungsoo anyway?’
“ I know you’re a damn but if you need practice for Sungyeol hyung then I suggest you just yourself. ”
 
“ Huh? ”
 
“ Hah? ”
 
“ What are you talking about? ”
 
“ What are YOU talking about? ”
 
“ I – I . . I don’t know. What are WE talking about? ”
 
“ You know I am changing my attitude but seeing you like this is pissing me off. ” Sungjong said as he tries to get up but Myungsoo grabbed his arm and sit him beside the older.
 
“ Can you not rush so easily? ”
 
“ Can’t you just get straight to the point? Heck, I guess I can be straighter compared to your words. ”
 
“ What? Nevermind. Anyway, what I am asking you is . . would you be the subject to my project? ”
 
Sungjong was completely thrown off. “ What were you thinking when you asked for my body for a one time moment? ”
 
“ What I meant was – I need your body not just your mind, your full concentration. I need to interview someone and has that person’s photo be taken too. Not much, just enough for our Literature class. Sungyeol said he will asked Dongwoo hyung. And I have no idea if Woohyun will participate on this since I am guessing he no longer has plans to attend school. ” Myungsoo explains and Sungjong just nodded to his every word. “ Wait . . were you ? Am I thinking it right Sungjong-ssi? ”
 
Sungjong could see the grin plastered on this visual-looking face in front of him. “ Huh? ”
 
“ Were you actually . . thinking of . . you know , us to chill and Netflix? Ouch! ” Myungsoo shouted, causing them to gain some attention. “ You like hitting me. ”
 
You like hitting me . .” Sungjong mocks Myungsoo’s way of speech. “ If you want me to participate in that project of yours, then tell Sungyeol hyung about it. ”
 
“ I will tell it to him by night. But we have to start when class ends, this afternoon. ”
 
“ You also have to be nice to me. Buy me some snacks, only a few bread and drinks would do. ”
 
“ The interview includes personal questions so you have to prepare yourself for the truth. ”
 
“ And more importantly, I get to watch whatever channel I like , at your home this weekend. ”
 
“ Are you even listening to me? ”
 
“ Deal or no deal? ”
 
“ Now I know why Sungyeol can’t resist you. Deal! Eat your lunch now. ”
 
 
It took quite a big percentage of pride from Hoya to ask a question to Sungkyu. He went to his office right after he dropped Dongwoo off to his university.
 
“ I will. You know how I like your style Hoya-ssi. But this time, you should sign a contract with me. I don’t want some things to happen again. ”
 
Hoya asked Sungkyu if he could work for him again, to which the older one agreed to. But this time, he is to drive for both Kim brothers and as well as the others occupying his home, who goes to school too. Hoya in conclusion is now the driver for all of them, but of course with a bigger amount of salaries to be given. As he drives them this morning, his siblings finally told him the reason they both ended up at the Kim’s residence. It is such shame that the home they worked hard for in paying the rent, will be gone in a matter of days.
 
“ I am sorry for your house again. ” Sungkyu speaks again, “ Nevertheless, you are entirely welcome at my mine. How come the community there didn’t know that the houses rented weren’t to the people in the first place? Tssk. ”
 
“ It’s not the community’s fault. ”
 
“ Then whose is it? ”
 
“ Ours. We chose that place to live. We decided to stay. And it wasn’t meant to be to start with. Someone already owns the houses there, so I guess we shouldn’t force ourselves just to have a certain space for a certain place. Like in basics, we aren’t sure about what we feel. Yet we chose to do it, and even stayed. And now, the rightful owner comes along. The one who truly owns his heart unknowingly is here now. So why should we stay if we can move on already? We can find other houses, but it will never be the same home. ”
 
“ I have a meeting in an hour. If you understand my deals, then you may go. ”
 
“ I like Woohyun. ”
 
The sound of the aircon running was the only thing heard of. They both felt the silence crept off of to them before Sungkyu speaks again. “ I know. I know why you quit your job before because Woohyun started to get close to me. But I think you know I like him too? ”
 
“ I had a hint. But now a confirmation. ”
 
“ Are you going to quit your job again? Now that we are to stay in the same areas. ”
 
“ No, I won’t. I will not quit my job on you. I will not quit on being a hyung to my siblings. And I will not quit on Woohyun. ”
 
“ I guess it’s settled then. I will just give my time schedule to you, through my secretary. ”
 
“ Understood Sir. Have a good day Mr. Kim. ”
 
 
“ Well well well. Mirror on the wall . . should I hit this b*tch with a ball? ” Woohyun is having a glaring contest with Sungkyu’s secretary.
 
Yes, she is Sungkyu’s secretary. Coincidentally, she was Woohyun’s first girlfriend, Riel. The person whom Woohyun give his ity to. Woohyun was 14 at that time when he opened his mind to a 20 year old girl. He wanted to be cool, so he lost it all to her on a one night event. Then they started dating. One day, he found out that Riel is slowly giving sweet actions to his twin, Dongwoo – who was pretty oblivious to her actions. Woohyun then realized how much of a gold digger Riel was. When he broke up with her, he made sure to leave Riel hanging frustratedly during their intimate moment one last time. This was basically the reason why Woohyun missed some of his school days, resulting a grade repeat for him.
 
“ Excuse me Mr. I have work to do. ”
 
“ Professional now are we, Riel noona? Oops. Sorry. I already knew how you were a professional sl*t back then. ”
 
“ Excuse me?! ”
 
“ One piece of sh*tty advice. Stay away from anyone in here. I don’t know, you guess in particular. Be a secretary, not a ytary. Or else I will ruin you. ” Woohyun walked out of the pantry, but peeked over the door once again. “ I mean it. ”
 
 
“ I am sleepy.” Sungjong yawns to himself. They are currently on Myungsoo’s bedroom, to which he and his hyungs are now occupying.
 
“ Your photos went out naturally. Any angle can be definitely considered as art. Aren’t you beautiful eyy? ” Myungsoo says as he scans the photos on his camera. “ Let’s continue the other photos next time. But now I want to – can you sit properly Sungjong? You will feel sleepy if you really slouched like that. So, first and foremost, an introduction to yourself. ” Myungsoo started recording their conversation.
 
Sungjong then sighed, back resting against the headboard. “ Lee Sung Jong, 18 years old. Studying at Woo Lim University, major in Tourism. Youngest of the three. ”
 
“ How about your parents? ” truthfully speaking, Myungsoo was curious too. He is bestfriends with Sungyeol but the tall one only told him that their parents aren’t living with them anymore, for independency. He sees Sungjong closed his eyes. “ Hey, are you sleeping? Are you just – ”
 
“ Mom and dad were once happily married. ” Sungjong continues, eyes still kept close. “ They have a stable job, we were pretty rich at that time. My eldest hyung is Lee Ho Won. He is supposed to be Lee Sung Won, but I didn’t know the reason why our parents changed it. And the other one is Lee Sung Yeol. One time, dad got drunk and drugs took over him. He wasn’t in the right state of mind when he bet on all of our money. Stupidity strikes him and he even lost our mansion that time. Mom was furious. So she decided to divorce him and take us three with her. But dad can’t understand why such mistakes will have a person unlove him. He was madly in love with mom. Crazy and obsessed due to the effects of drug. Something happened one day . . dad . . took me to a hotel . . ”
 
“ Sungjong . . ” Myungsoo can spot some tears forming on the closed eyes of the younger. So he decided to stop recording and just went beside him instead. But Sungjong kept going.
 
“ . . He sold me to some merchants. I shouted and screamed endlessly for help. And just when I was about to be shipped on a cargo among with the other es, dad unexpectedly took me away from them. “ I’m so sorry baby. Daddy is just needy because I don’t want to lose mommy. Let’s go home now, forgive daddy please.” He cried to me but I felt nothing at that time. He took me home, but mom found out about dad’s reckless decision. She saw the argreement papers on dad’s desk that morning, stating all details about the selling.
 
Mom fainted, health failing. But damn those drugs dad took in. He tried to mom while she was unconscious. Hoya hyung hurriedly went to their room and threw a vase on dad’s head. Cliché. Dad bled, but still he was able to beat the heck out of Hoya hyung. Sungyeol hyung on the other hand took me out of the house, we ran away and ended up in streets . . .”
 
“ Stay here Sungjongie. I . . I wil go back to Hoya hyung. I just . . I just can’t leave him there. ” it was the first time Sungjong has seen Sungyeol cry. And it was a mess. “ Don’t go anywhere Jongie please you have to be ing safe! ”
 
Minutes passed. Minutes has turned to hours. Hours sadly became days. It’s been two days since Sungyeol left Sungjong at the streets. He moved himself to nearby house with a ‘House for Rent’ sign on the outside. Sungjong sat down by the staircase. People passing by him would drop coins and or food. Last night, he was about to be picked up by the village patrollers. Luckily he had escaped and went back again to this place when the coast was clear.
 
“ What if Sungyeol hyung missed me here? What if he – ”
 
Suddenly, he felt a figure hugged him from behind, making him squeal. “ Sungjongie it’s me Yeollie hyung. ”
 
“ . . Sungyeol hyung made it back. He told me what happened with our parents . . Hoya hyung has killed dad . . ” Sungjong opened his eyes, and tears run down on his cheeks. Myungsoo searched for some tissue but he couldn’t find any. So he used his sleeves to wipe away the pain on Sungjong.
 
“ It might have been an accident. ”
 
“ Mom fainted and was unconscious when dad took advantage of her remember? She died during the process of  . .  dad’s insane acts. Sungyeol hyung said Hoya hyung fought back . . Sungyeol hyung took a knife from the kitchen and plans to threaten dad but Hoya hyung grabbed it from him and . . with no more thinking . . he . . Hoya hyung stabbed our own father . . ”
 
“ Sungyeol, where’s Sungjong? ” Hoya asks. He was panting – lips cut, his left eye was badly beaten.
 
“ I  . . I left him in . . ” Sungyeol’s cries made Hoya even more worried. He went to his younger brother and hugged him. “ Go to Sungjong. Make sure you are both safe. I will take responsibility until I get back. You have to be safe. ”
 
“ Hyung . . what now? ”
 
“ Just go. We will meet again. Be there for Sungjong. Teach Sungjong to be there for you too. ”
 
“ Who would be there for you? ” Sungyeol’s throat was falling as his cries covers him.
 
“ . . Sungyeol hyung took me to Woohyun-ssi’s house. ”
 
“ What?! ” this made Myungsoo almost jumped into his feet.
 
“ Yes you were friends that time. But he chose to go at Woohyun's for help. He doesn’t want to worry you because he knows you are going to overreact and might do things hastily which you are doing right now. Please do not be mad at both of them. ”
 
‘So this all happened before college only? Three years ago? This must be the reason why Sungyeol said he couldn’t afford college anymore’ “ What happened to Hoya? ”
 
“ He was suspected of murder, but he got clear of all charges. Sungyeol hyung borrowed money from Woohyun and used it to clear his name. We used the remaining money for the apartment rent. Hoya hyung decided not to attend college and just work his a*s off for us. That’s when Woohyun thought of helping me and Sungyeol hyung again for university needs. ”
 
“ And Sungyeol accepted it while you didn’t. ” Myungsoo chuckled.
 
“ I tried scholarships. The three of us tried to move on, but . . the stages we face everyday made us change. Hoya hyung learns to do things physically, always tough and his mindset is now different. He doesn’t smile that much anymore. And my attitude became a sass. ” This time, Sungjong gave in a smile.
 
“ While Sungyeol became sarcastic, annoying and more childish. ”
 
“ Myungsoo hyung? Take good care of Sungyeol hyung. ”
 
Myungsoo placed an arm over Sungjong’s shoulder and brought him to his chest, as he caresses the younger’s hair. “ I will. And I will take good care of you too. I will let Hoya be. ” and they both laughed at his comment.
 
 
Sungyeol peeped into the room and saw Myungsoo and Sungjong asleep. ‘Aren’t they cute? Finally, they are getting along now.’ he thought before prancing his way to Dongwoo’s room. While Myungsoo chose to do the interview with Sungjong, Sungyeol decided it to be Dongwoo for his project. He tried to start nicely but after a while, he and Dongwoo ended up playing video games, having snacks and laughing at some comedy movies. Night came and they barely noticed it. So Sungyeol started to write up another draft again.
 
“ How’s you and Myungsoo ehh? ” Dongwoo cooed at him, opening a bag of chips and munches to it.
 
“ Have you been in love Dongwoo hyung? ”
 
“ Ooohh. So the two of us are going to have some serious talk. ” Dongwoo laughed hysterically and Sungyeol threw a pillow on him. “ Alright. Anyway. Yes. And I am now. ”
 
“ Really?!! Oh my gosh tell me Dongwoo hyungnim. ”
 
“ Dongwoo hyungnim hahaha. Just Dongwoo-ssi. ”
 
“ Whatever. So who? Who are you in love with? ”
 
‘Your older brother’ “ Sorry nah ah ah. Can’t tell. ” and he stucked out a tongue on the younger.
 
“ Pssh. ”
 
“ Anyway, why are you asking? Don’t you know how it feels to be in love? Or are you having doubts on Myungsoo? ”
 
“ No! Of course not! I know how it feels to be in love. And each time, I feel it for Myungsoo more and more. And I don’t think it will turn less. I . . I like him. I really do. I’ve realized about it too. ”
 
“ But ? But but but Sungyeol-ah? ”
 
“ But I am in love with someone else too. ”
 
Dongwoo was surprised with Sungyeol’s words. “ Let’s make a deal then. I will tell you mine if you tell me yours. ”
 
“ Don’t get me wrong. I like Myungsoo and am falling for him already. It’s just, there is someone else too. Well, okay! On the count of three! No talksh*t okay?! ” Sungyeol agreed, he wants to know who he is going to spread the gossip to about Dongwoo being in love with someone.
 
“ 1 . . 2 . . 3 . . ”
 
 
 
“ Hoya ” “ Woohyun ”
 
 
 
“ Hah? ”
 
“ Hah? ”
 
“ You have feelings for my brother? ”
 
“ You have feelings for my brother? ”
 
“ Are we going to help each other? ”
 
“ Are we going to help each other? ”
 
Just then, they heard someone shout “ DIIINNNNEEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!! ” as if hearing a commanding military officer.
 

Dongwoo and Sungyeol looked at each other. Both saying, “ Don’t bother ” as they went out of the room, arms linked together.