ENDLESS MAZE

INFINITE Relationships
When Hoya took Dongwoo’s hand as the camera flashed during their photoshoot, he didn’t exactly knew why he had held onto it. Much to Dongwoo’s surprise, he didn’t ask anything about it. He is willing to wait for Hoya, no matter how sometimes it hurts him – Dongwoo can’t do anything if the person he only love is unfortunately smitten with his twin brother. He is on the edge of giving up and had been thinking lately of letting Hoya go, but he read it from the younger’s letter that he is willing to try. They never had a proper talk. And when he wanted to talk to Hoya, he saw him in the kitchen with Woohyun. So he wonders what could Hoya want.
 
Dongwoo was happily playing with Sungyeol when Sungjong came up with messed up face, clearly crying and drags him out. He cares for this lad so he forcefully made Sungjong stop on their tracks.
 
“ Sungjong? What happened? ” Dongwoo asks, but his concern grew even more when he noticed blood marks around the younger’s forehead. “ What . . Sungjong?!! ”
 
“ I’m okay. I will be fine. ” they both continued their way to the mall to meet up with Hoya. “ It’s just a scratch. An accident. ”
 
“ Caused by Myungsoo? ”
 
“ An accident. I am sure he didn’t mean it. ”
 
Once they’ve arrived, Hoya led them to a music store. As worried as he was, he started questioning Sungjong furiously upon seeing the cut on his brother’s forehead. But his younger brother stated that it was an accident and doesn’t want to push to talk about it anymore. Meanwhile, Dongwoo is still figuring out what is the reason why he is called for. He noticed Hoya looking at him but then would avoid his eyes after.
 
“ Why am I here? To watch and listen as Hoya rattles about Sungjong’s injury? Why am I here and waiting like a fool? Why am I hoping? ”
 
Once Hoya finished shopping – which were all carried by Sungjong and Dongwoo themselves, he suggested to drop by at their workplace; the Moonlight Autumn Bar. Hoya wanted to show his brother that he’s working in a decent bar and besides, Sungjong’s of legal age already. Dongwoo and Hoya entered as customers this time, not workers as they chose a VIP room with a karaoke machine. They ordered the Zombie cocktail and some tacos to go along with it. An L-shaped sofa was in the room, and Hoya sat in between of Dongwoo and Sungjong. The time passed by with none of them talking and since their room is sound proof, the loud club music from outside can’t be heard.
 
Sungjong wanted to break the silence. “ Hoya hyung . . ” he said, garnering the attention of the two even if he called for one only. “ Dongwoo hyung really likes you, so why can’t you? Are you really all for Woohyun-ssi? ”
 
“ Sungjong you’re drunk and besides you clearly know nothing – ”
 
“ I am not drunk hyung! And I know what and how it feels. ” he took another glass and shot it in one go. “ I know how you feel hyung. How it feels to fall for someone unexpectedly while you try to move on from a situation that was never there in the first place. And I know how Dongwoo hyung feels. ”
 
Dongwoo only smiled at the boy. “ Eh come on Sungjong. ” But Sungjong remains his eyes on Hoya’s.
 
“ I feel Dongwoo hyung. Liking someone who is into your brother? Believe me hyung, I know it. Dongwoo hyung and I shares the same fate. Even if we have confessed, nothing’s gonna change if the persons we like are already into our brothers. ” Sungjong might sound as if he is drunk, but he isn’t. And Dongwoo was quick to catch on what he meant.
 
“ You . . you like Myungsoo? ” Dongwoo asks. And Sungjong nodded as an answer. “ You confessed to him and can’t do anything since . . Sungyeol’s your brother. ”
 
“ Great. Another Kim is being liked. ” Hoya thought. “ What do you intend to do? ” he asked with concern.
 
“ What do you expect me to do hyung? Break them up? I love Sungyeollie hyung more than that Myungsoo. So I guess I’ll just have to sit here and listen to everyone’s love story. But I won’t bother asking where’s mine. ”
 
Hoya felt so helpless. How can he advice his younger brother if he too is on the brick of falling down to a pit. Unlike Sungjong, there is someone who wants to be with him and is willing to wait for him – and that person is seated next to him.
 
“ Don’t worry about me hyung. I know you are. But please, I don’t need pity. This is only one of the consequences of falling in love. ” he heard Sungjong said with a smile. “ Mind yours instead. ”
 
There is no push and pull anymore. Hoya goes through their shopping bags and gave two to Dongwoo who was surprised by it. “ This one is for patiently waiting for me. Though I think I don’t deserve you anymore after everything that you have to put up with me. ” Dongwoo opened the first bag and laughed cutely as a green sweater started getting visible. He immediately put it on on top of his polo shirt.
 
“ A sweater to keep you warm. Just like how your smile and your laugh, your mere presence makes me warm during those cold nights of tears and aches. ” Hoya continues. “ That sweater can be worn during Winter, Spring, Summer and or Fall. The fabric of the cloth is neat. And to show you – that I want to be with you through Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. ” Dongwoo’s eyes gained tears in an instant. The wait is over. It’s finally paid off.
 
“ You’re making him cry. ” they both turned to the voice which echoed from a microphone. Sungjong was smiling sheepishly as he started singing even without a music playing.
 
“ Your love is so true. And I never knew. That it’s you I need, all this time. ”
 
Hoya laughs to himself. Love was right before his eyes. Dongwoo opens the second bag  – green headphones. He feels glad that the younger knows his favorite color.
 
“ Headphones.” Hoya put it on Dongwoo as he held his hands. “ Let’s both listen to the music. Or perhaps, we can create our own music. I will listen to you only as you do the same. Block out all the noise from everyone. ” he thanked him again and merge themselves into a hug.
 
Sungjong on the side, was happy that the two finally made it okay. He punched in a song and asked them to sing it. Luckily, Dongwoo knows the song and fortunately, Hoya can catch up with the tune even though he doesn’t know of this.
 
“ I . . I have been waiting all my life – for someone like you. ” Dongwoo started the first line. It’s now Hoya’s turn since it’s a duet.
 
“ You . . You make me feel like I am new – all because of you. ” Hoya even stuttered since he’s basically clueless of how the song goes.
 
And Dongwoo just laughs at him. “ Gotta make things right now baby. ”
 
“ I gotta get in to your life now baby ” Hoya is finally getting the hang on it.
 
Both Dongwoo and Hoya has their eyes to one another as they sing the chorus.
 
“ I can be all you want me to be. When everything’s falling I’ll still be here.
If the feeling is fading, I’ll still be waiting for you. Only for you. ”
 
 
 
With the days that have gone by, Woohyun and Sungkyu’s relationship grew deeper. They resemble a husband and wife pattern. Whereareas, Woohyun would spoil the bratty Sungyeol and Sungjong’s small wishes, Dongwoo’s nagging to buy this and that. It wasn’t long as well when he had to meet Sungkyu’s parents unplanned. He was on the grocery at that time with his Dongwoo hyung when his twin suddenly greeted a woman who looks young but you can tell she’s a wife already.
 
“ Auntie! ” Dongwoo even hugged her and Woohyun apologized on his twin’s behalf. She is a complete stranger to him.
 
“ My my Dongwoo. How’s college? I heard from Gyu dear that you will be graduating anytime soon. ”
 
“ Yes auntie. And speaking of Gyugyu hyung . . ” he positioned Woohyun on his front before continuing, “ this is my twinnie, Woohyunnie. Woohyun. He is Gyugyu hyung’s boyfriend. ”
 
With Dongwoo’s sudden and quite shocking announcement like that, it made a ruckus for Sungkyu who faced his mother’s uproar. Mrs. Kim was jokingly mad at him, saying words such as “ How can I found it from someone else? Though Dongwoo isn’t someone else. But how could you? Did you even plan to introduce me to him? Are you ashamed of him? Or worst, me? Don’t you trust your mommy dear? You know I will accept anyone. How could you? ”
 
And it resulted a dinner at Mr. and Mrs. Kim mansion with a happy Dongwoo because Mrs. Kim gave him a three-feet tall Darth Vader robot, “ Because Dongwoo is a good boy who doesn’t keep secrets. ” she says.
 
Woohyun was flustered all throughout the meal. Sungkyu’s parents are too nice and it makes him nervous for that. Sungkyu on the other hand, can’t help but to feel embarrassed. His mother showed Woohyun all of his childhood photos – baby Sungkyu, two teeth upfront baby Sungkyu, 10 year old Sungkyu who cried because young Myungsoo accidently peed on him while running with no diapers.
 
A while after, Mrs. Kim gathered their attention when she begins to sobs. “ My babies are grown up. Look honey, first our Myungsoo who’s in love with a smart tall kid, what’s the name again? ”
 
Mr. Kim whispered to her while patting her back. “ Sungyeol-ssi. ”
 
“ Oh yes. And now Sungkyu with Hyunwoo. ”
 
“ Woohyun, dear. It’s Woohyun. ”
 
“ I know that. And even if their names got mixed up and down, I hope your hearts won’t. Where’s Myungsoo by the way? ”
 
Sungkyu just finished putting back the photo albums. “ This is a sudden dinner mommy. Of course Myungsoo’s oblivious to this. ”
 
Just then, a light bulb has been switched on in Mrs. Kim’s mind. “ Why don’t you guys spend Christmas here next week? That would be great right? With Yunho here . . – ”
 
“ Mommy, it’s Woohyun. ”
 
“ . . and oh! Myungsoo can invite Yungseol with him. ”
 
Dongwoo laughs hysterically. “ Auntie, it’s Sungyeol not Yungseol. ”
 
“ You can invite someone too, Dongwoo. ” Mr. and Mrs. Kim finally knew the story of Dongwoo and Woohyun’s parents. They both want to take legal action against it, but the twins decline and just wanted to find out about their mother instead, on how she’s been. So it would be fine for Mrs. Kim to have them around the lonely mansion.
 
“ Mommy! You can’t just decide like that. It’s Woohyun and I’s first Christmas together and besides, we aren’t the only ones living at our house back in Mangwon–dong. ” Sungkyu and Myungsoo’s home is at Mangwon–dong while their parents stay at Gangnam, though both places are in Seoul.
 
“ Who else then dear? ” Mrs. Kim asks confusedly.
 
“ Sungyeol’s with us right? We’re with his brothers as well, Hoya and Sungjong. ”
 
“ When did your home turn into a boarding house? What’s the reason Seonyeol’s there again? ”
 
Mr. Kim placed down his glass of rum. “ Sweetheart, Myungsoo metioned it to you before already. That his boyfriend, SUNGYEOL, along with his brothers have encountered a crisis at the house they were staying. So, he kept and invited them over. ”
 
“ Whatever the story is, I have to discuss it with them – ” Sungkyu cuts them off but Woohyun spoke as well.
 
“ I don’t think it’s a bad idea. You should be spending Christmas with your family, while you still have them. That’s what important Sungkyu. ”
 
Mrs. Kim hugged Woohyun tightly, “ Oh this boy has brains unlike my son. Thanks for understanding Woon Hyung. ”
 
“ It’s Woohyun mommy. Woo. Hyun. ”
 
“ Oops my bad. Maybe I had quite some drinks already. So it’s settled then, invited your friends over for Christmas next week. I want to meet the rest as well. ”
 
As Mr. Kim ushered his wife upstairs, he passed by Sungkyu first and held grip onto his son’s shoulder. “ Excuse your mommy. She’s just happy. I am too. ”
 
“ I know daddy. Goodnight. We will just stay for the night since it’s already late. See you tomorrow at breakfast. ”
 
Sungkyu showed Woohyun his former room where he used to stay in this house before. Dongwoo borrowed one of the Kims’ car to go to work so he has set off already. The two were already laying down, eyes drooping to sleep when Sungkyu suddenly bursted. “ Oh sh!t !! ”
 
Woohyun gasped at him. “ Wha – what why? Something wrong? ”
 
“ Sungjong is alone at home. ”
 
“ Geez. He is with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. I think they can managed their own for dinner and breakfast or even lunch until we got home tomorrow. And it’s Sungjong we are talking about, he can beat the heck out of anyone. ”
 
Woohyun goes back to sleeping but Sungkyu still has his thoughts flowing. He knew that his brother, Myungsoo and Sungjong had a fight. But the two never talked about it anymore. He tried them to apologize to one another, but they were such great actors. Sungkyu noticed how Sungjong started avoiding Myungsoo while the latter would only stare at the other. There’s nothing unhealthy going on with Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s relationship anyway. They go out to dates here and there. So the tension is only between Sungjong’s avoidance and Myungsoo’s quietness.
 
One thing Sungkyu didn’t fail to notice as well is the strange attachment between Dongwoo and Hoya. Yes, it is a given fact that the two are close since they both work at the same place. But something along this week made it seems like they are always happy. Not a bad thing as Sungkyu would have thought. He thinks that maybe Hoya finally has given up on Woohyun.
 
“ In order to take revenge on Woohyun for choosing me, is Hoya taking it on Woohyun’s twin, Dongwoo? ” he shrugged off of the idea. It’s quite absurd but the smile on Hoya’s face is so serene to be true. “ Maybe it’s Dongwoo and Hoya. ”
 
Sungkyu started to feel sleepy again, closing all the worries for the said Christmas party that they will have at his parents’ home next week.
 
 
 
Sungyeol and Myungsoo has been up on video games for hours now. 1am – the clock strikes. As they continue to play, the doorbell rang but Sungjong decided to be the one to answer it. It’s not like he has a choice anyway. So he stood up to the door – to remove himself too from the lover’s aura.
 
“ Who could it be at this hour? ” “ Who is it? ” he spoke through the doorbell’s video intercom. And there, he saw three men all cloaked black. But they didn’t respond to his words. The one in the middle stared at the screen – though he can’t see Sungjong from inside, he is sure that the lad can see him.
 
Sungjong thinks it’s wise to confront Sungyeol and Myungsoo so he returned to where they are at the living room. “ There are three men outside. I asked who they are but they didn’t bother to answer. ”
 
“ Maybe pranks or you know, those people who would sell something or put you into networking. ” Sungyeol says, still focused on the game.
 
“ Okay. ” Sungjong was about to let it go and to not just entertain it anymore but then the doorbell rang again. But this time, it was followed by loud thuds and bangs. “ Are they crazy? They’re hitting the door? ”
 
Myungsoo and Sungyeol stopped with what they’re doing. They didn’t even bother to pause the game. Safety is first in here. “ Yeol, call the guards. This is an executive village, I wonder how they got pass through. And Sungjong, stay next to Sungyeol. ” Myungsoo commanded which was obeyed immediately. Even though Sungyeol’s the eldest among them three, it’s Myungsoo’s responsibility since it is his house. He clicked on the intercom. “ Who’s there?! ”
 
When he was about to ask again, the electricity was suddenly cut off. The lights went out even before Sungyeol could make a phone call direct to the security guards. He and Sungjong both searched for their mobile phones. They need to alert anyone. Sungjong tries sending messages to Hoya, and even to Dongwoo, whom he knows might be busy at this time of hour, working. Sungyeol dialed for Woohyun and Sungkyu’s number but both calls were unattended and he thinks that the two might be asleep already.
 
Myungsoo can see the three men from the screen, and he started to panic when the one in the middle pulls out a gun and shot the camera outside the door, making the screen now broken and lost its signal. The gunshot scared Sungyeol but Sungjong was quick on him. He used his hands to cover his hyung’s ears. Myungsoo ran to the siblings hurriedly. “ Go. We must leave! ”
 
“ Where? ” Sungjong is scared and lets go of his hands from Sungyeol.
 
“ Anywhere Sungjonggie. Myungsoo, can we use your back door? ” Sungyeol suggested.
 
They rolled to their feet and made their way to the back door at the kitchen. But it was a bit too late for that now. The main door popped opened and the three men entered. Sungyeol immediately took Sungjong to cover while he held out for his boyfriend’s back. Myungsoo was strong and has only one thinking, Keep Sungyeol and Sungjong safe. “ What the hell do you want?! Who do you think you are?! ”
 
The one on the left snickered, hair styled mohawk. “ Hehe. This one’s feisty. ”
 
“ They looked so young. ” it was the one on the right who commented, his hair is quite long and is wearing glasses. These men are muscular and Myungsoo knows they can’t take them down.
 
The one the middle with a beard, wipes his gun with a handkerchief. “ Hush now. We don’t wanna scare these babies. Comply to our rules and we won’t hurt you. ” he said, eyeing the three one by one.
 
“ So what is it that you want?! ” it was now Sungyeol who spoke. He can feel that they are all scared of the current situation they are in.
 
“ We are sent here to give words for some certain ungrateful spoiled brats. We are looking for the two of them, yes . .  and although twins they are . . not identical aye. ”
 
Hearing the word “twins”, the three youngsters knew who these goons were pertaining to.
 
“ I know you know them. We’ve been watching you for a month now, we just need . . a timing. So kids, tell me where Jang Dong Woo and Nam Woo Hyun are and you be nice . . I’mma give some candies. ” he says with a disgusting smile on his face.
 
“ We don’t know what you are sh!tting about. ” Myungsoo glared at this man.
 
But it seems like patience is not part of the man’s vocabulary. “ Okie dokie. You left me with no choice young one. ”
 
Sungyeol joins in. “ You have a choice, leave us alone. ”
 
The beard man looks to his side men as he gazes on a pair of eyes behind Myungsoo and Sungyeol. He then ordered them while pointing his finger to Sungjong. “ Get that girl. ”
 
 
*Merry Christmas everyone. Please don't hate me with these complicated situations. Next chapters are calm and about their Christmas.
It's really hard to ship him with him. Thanks for your patience. Loveyou <3 xoxo *