I'M IN FLASHBACK

INFINITE Relationships
 
“ Do you love him? ” Sungyeol asked Woohyun.
 
“ Do you? ” and Woohyun answered him with a question too.
 
 
 
Sungjong was hesitating to leave now and no longer wait for this said bestfriend of Dongwoo who owns the apartment he’s currently in. Dongwoo made Sungjong company until lunch for he has been called home by his parents. Sungjong felt happy having him around though only for a while. It was pretty amazing even with how he cooked for him. For a short time given, he already seems comfortable with him, to the point he even shared stories about himself, his family and how he was teased and bullied at school. What made Sungjong liked Dongwoo more was when the latter told him “ In the eyes of everyone, people would belittle you and make you small. But to the eyes of someone, you’re the biggest pride they could ever brag about. ”
 
His phone’s now on charged and thinking of sending Dongwoo a message that he would go home now; the older gave his number in case something happen or so Sungjong can contact him.
 
Just then, he heard a rustling sound coming from the door. ‘Dongwoo-hyung wouldn’t come back immediately’ he instanstly hid behind the window’s curtains. ‘Maybe it’s that bestfriend Dongwoo-hyung was talking about’.
 
“ Ah.. ahmm, Sungjong-ssi ? ” he heard a man’s voice calling for him, now he’s positive it wasn’t Dongwoo.
 
Sungjong slowly peaked his way out and headed to the newly found stranger. His fingers are fiddling with each others. The guy went on to greet him, “ Hi there , my name is Kim Sung Kyu. I can definitely tell that I am older than you. So, just call me hyung. ”
 
He gave a small bow to show his respect too, “ I .. I am, ahmm Lee Sung Jong, just Sungjong would be fine. ”
 
“ Just Sungjong? ” he chuckled, “ based on what happened, you merely seem to be a ‘just Sungjong’. ”
 
Sungjong didn’t know how to react to this small-eyed creature in front of him. “ Perhaps, are you ..? ”
 
“ Oh, Dongwoo must have told much about me, did he? ”
 
“ Not that much. I only know you’re bestfriends. I don’t know about the other details. ”
 
He laughed. And Sungjong thought, ‘When Dongwoo-hyung laughed, it was so angelic. But this Sungkyu guy had his eyes disappear.’ “ Ahmm, excuse me? But I wish to go home now. I still have my school to attend to. ”
 
“ I understand. That’s why I am here to check up on you. Does your back still hurt? ”
 
“ Right now, I don’t feel any pain towards it. ”
 
“ That is as of now. But what if it turned out to be wrong later? I’ll drive you home only after we visit the hospital. They would know a lot on what to do.”
 
“ Please no. I can manage. I’ll just take care of it on my own. And besides, a check up would .. would probably , cost a lot – ”
 
“ It’s all on me. Don’t worry about it. Now if you’re ready, we’ll go now. ”
 
“ But – ”
 
“ Hep! No more buts. You said you wanted to go home now right? Then let’s do this. ”
 
Sungjong went to the hospital for a check up. It was found that the bruises are due to being hit by a hard object. The doctor had also indicated that he could have been beaten up, but he still can’t remember anything. Sungkyu drove him home and he was glad that this hyung didn’t insist on going inside. Heck what was he supposed to show him around, he imagined his house would only be just a bathroom for Sungkyu. When the older finally made his way, Sungjong told his Hoya-hyung that he’s home now. He has no plans of sharing anything to him; about him being beaten –if he really was, him meeting two hyungs that he could tell were really nice. He went to shower, and although the water’s not helping because the wounds sting, he endured the pain.
 
As he was rinsing his hair, he finally got what had happened to him on that day. He was walking home when a car stopped by in front of him.  A group of boys came out and immediately dragged him to a nearby alley. Everything went so fast, that he could only recall what they were talking about,
 
“ Stop being so pretty, gay”
“ Our girlfriends are overly jealous and this is how we could prove to them that we ain’t got our eyes on you.”
“ But seriously, you’re one of a kind b*tch! ”
 
Every word comes along with a hit of the baseball bat.
 
“ This is really nothing. Nothing more than what our father did. And I will not worry my hyungs for how pathetic I could be.”
 
 
 
When Woohyun received that phone call from Sungyeol during the dusk of dawn, he decided not to attend his classes. That is the reason why he and Sungyeol right now is in a café. The place gives off a peaceful vibrant. The music played has this acoustic feels and rhythm to it. The two had been there for five hours, since 9am and now 2pm.
 
“ I never would have actually thought that you care so much about Sungjong. ”
 
“ Woohyun-ssi , he still is my brother. A brat and an ungrateful b*tch he might be, but still . . . ”
 
“ Still Sungjong can’t see you. ”
 
It is true. And now Sungyeol proved that truth does hurt. “ I mean , why .. why is it always Hoya-hyung on his eyes? ”
 
“ Easy. Hoya bae – ” Woohyun said as he Sungyeol glared back at him.
 
“ Are in you inlove with my hyung? Do you love him? ” Sungyeol asked Woohyun.
 
“ Do you? ” and Woohyun answered him with a question too
 
“ Do I what? ”
 
“ Do you love your hyung? ”
 
“ Of course I do you fool ! ”
 
“ Then I love your hyung because since I love you my friend and it means I should love whom my friend loves ”
 
“ Stop calling him bae ”
 
“ Hoya-ssi , okay? As I was saying, your hyung pampers Sungjong more. While you do nothing except pester him. You don’t even talk to him at school. ”
 
“ Am I denying my own brother? ” Woohyun was suddenly caught off-guard by Sungyeol’s question. And good thing the younger wasn’t looking at him but rather at the table with their coffees on.
 
“ Tell me Woohyun-ssi. Does it seem to be that I hate or dislike my brother, for me not to talk to him in public and even ask him to pretend as if we weren’t blood-related? ”
 
It took a moment for Woohyun to answer but only with a question, “ is there a reason for you to deny him? ”
 
“ He’s pretty. ”
 
“ I see, he’s pre – pretty what?! ” Woohyun felt dumbfounded.
 
Sungyeol finally looked up to him, and with the most sincere eyes this prankster could give he said, “ Sungjong is pretty that is why I tend to send him away from me. ”
 
Woohyun couldn’t get hold of what Sungyeol had just said. He drank the coffee now turned cold, exhaled and looked back into him. “ Elaborate. ”
 
“ You’re really the idiot among us friends. ” Sungyeol only earned a smack on his shoulders when he said that.
 
“ I think Sungjong is pretty. Don’t we both know that by now? He is shining in my eyes whenever I look at him and I am afraid this strange admiration for his beauty might turn into , into . . ”
 
“ . ”
 
It was Sungyeol’s turned to keep quiet. He also drank his coffee one shot. To be honest, he doesn’t know what is happening to him. He remembered looking into the worried eyes of his Hoya-hyung when he said Sungjong wasn’t home yet. And then there, he suddenly had flashbacks of his childhood with Sungjong.
 
“ Yeol-hyung, would you reach the book for me?”
“ Aish, you little Sungjonggie, what would you do without me eyy? ” he said while finally handling the book to Sungjong.
“ I don’t know hyung. How about you, what would you do without me? ”
“ Nothing. Of course there is nothing without you. ”
 
“ What’s the matter? Why are you crying Sungjonggie? ”
“ Hoya-hyung is not home yet. It’s raining hard outside. What if something bad happens to him?”
“ Aigoo,” he pulled Sungjong to his arms while cuddling on the bed, “ our hyung is the best. The strongest too. He would be back, he promised remember. He just needs to talk to our parents. Now don’t cry okay? Here take this. ” he said as he gives the younger some lemon candies.
 
And that was the last time he saw Sungjong smiled at him. “ PAGING LEE SUNG YEOL !! ” he felt Woohyun slapped his cheek jokingly.
 
“ I’m sorry what? ”
 
“ I was asking you deaf, if you are now gayly with your brother? ”
 
Sungyeol now knew what he feel for Sungjong.
 
 
 
He went to sleep the moment he arrived home. Knowing Myungsoo, he could just probably head to a club or go to bars but he was feeling a little off today. When he decided to cut classes, he took a cab and was really planning to go bar-hopping. But while he was on the ride, off all the moments and chances there are, he saw a glimpse of Woohyun and Sungyeol seated on a café, probably enjoying since they were laughing and giggling to each other. It was only for like a short span of 5 seconds as the cab passed by, when he told the driver his address and decided to just go home.
 
He is awake now, due to hunger. He went down to the kitchen and try to search for what is edible. He ended up cooking an egg, but the yolk cracked the moment he put it into the pan. So he just completely mixed the cracked yolk, now a scrambled egg and added rice. He open a can of sausage and took an apple juice with him onto the dining table.
 
“ I’m impossible.” he said while eating. He even checked his phone, assuming of any messages from Woohyun and Sungyeol. “ They are impossible. ”
 
Myungsoo thinks that Sungyeol was the one having a problem. It was uncanny if Woohyun would have one. For he knows the older can resolve anything, ‘can he?’. But what he does not understand was that how come the two only relies to each other? Yet it seems no one is having any problem by the way the two were laughing.
 
“ Sungyeol must prefer Woohyun-ssi over me. Heck, he can even cook way better than me. He can turn this failed egg of mine into a French .. Italian , English whatever kind of omelette. ”
 
“ I get it now. Sungyeol is my bestfriend but his bestfriend is Woohyun-ssi. ” he keeps talking while his mouth was full. He only slowed down when he got choked.
 
“ Maybe Sungyeol has problems with his brother Sungjong. Wow! Really?! That Sungjong is seriously a troublemaker.” he is now talking to the flower vase on the table.
 
“ Remind you Kim Myung Soo to give that Lee Sung Jong a piece of advice when you see him okay? ”
 
When he finished eating, he didn’t even bother washing his dishes and just went back to his bedroom. As he was lying down, he reached for his guitar and slowly strummed to some soft music. The instrument was a gift from Sungyeol.
 
Myungsoo and Sungyeol became friends when they were in elementary, Myungsoo being 9 and Sungyeol’s 10. They got close when they were seated together on a bus to a school trip. It was a private school so Myungsoo thought that Sungyeol was from a well-off family too, and he admired how rich good-looking the older boy was. The friendship continued until they graduated.
 
It was a graduation gift from Sungyeol. If the guitar can compose a beautiful melody, he can do that too. But because he has Sungyeol with him.
 
He was now 11 years old, and Sungyeol’s 12. They are attending the same high school. That was also the time when they met Woohyun, 14 years old who was really gullible. The older taught them so many things about being a teenager. Woohyun opened their eyes from the most innocent ones. And Myungsoo didn’t mind having him around. For he knows he has Sungyeol with him.
 
But something happened during the halloween break. Myungsoo and Woohyun were informed by Sungyeol that he won’t be able to make it to school anymore, due to financial and family issues. But they pursued him and offered to help. Sungyeol continued high school, all thanks to the scholarship he maintained all throughout those four years. Yes, he was an amazing A+ student at that time.
 
When they reached the age of 15-16, it meant college. And Sungyeol can’t handle taking the scholarship anymore. It needed to be maintained a lot for universities. That was when he accepted the financial help from Woohyun and Myungsoo. Although now he’s not as smart as he was before, he still studies for exams.
 
Myungsoo wants Sungyeol back. Back to the way he would tell him everything. But now, Sungyeol heads to Woohyun first.
 
“ I am more; more good-looking than Woohyun, have more money I could offer, more years I spent with him. Am I not more than enough? ”
 
So he had already planned what to do. If it means either taking out the pest on his flower pot of friendship with Sungyeol or use someone.
 
 
 
 
 
Dongwoo felt like a fool for running away. “ Why am I so immature? ” he sulked and even pouted. It was raining, so there he was seating on a waiting shed. He was absent-mindedly kicking the water puddles when he felt someone coming over towards him. The guy was holding an umbrella and spoke to him, “ You must be Mr. Dong Woo. ”
 
He nodded. He was carefully studying the man’s physique. Thinking that if maybe this was a bad guy, he would run and have the police drew a sketch of him. “ Sir, you sort of looked like an angel soaked wet. Let’s get going. ”
 
Instead of asking the stranger where he would take him, Dongwoo chose, “ I looked like an angel soaked wet? Well what are you then ?‘must be the devil’
 
“ I am your angel. And I’ve come to save you. ”
 
‘ Is it possible for an angel to have an angel? ’